Forcing trap growth
- 10-13-2011, 08:26 AM
- 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
define everything? and i assume size is your goal which i am a fan of 1-2 times a week, higher volume total sets, with 5-12 reps.
as in all exercises? i am a fan of hang power cleans and inverted rows for traps.
as in all rep/set ranges? 10x3, 5x5, 5/3/1, 8x8, GVT, 3x10-12, etc, etc.....
as in all frequency/volume set ups? 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 days a week. high volume day with low volume day. or any other combination.
- 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Most likely it is because you are failing to really squeeze at the top of the motion. If you just go through the motions you will not obtain the goals you are looking for. Try doing some high rows and underhand barbell rows and really focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together and maybe throw in a rest pause or drop set to really get the blood in there.Always willing to learn :D
10-13-2011, 11:14 AM
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
make sure your squeezing them together behind your neck if that makes sense
Always willing to learn :D
10-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Snatches gave me the trap growth I ever experienced.
10-14-2011, 09:16 AM
10-14-2011, 09:24 AM
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
1) Deadlift on a trap bar.
2)Pullups hit traps 3 and 4 (lower portion)
3) most impt shrugs keep you head down it increases the length of rep.
4) when shruging on squat rack push the barbell all the way foward so it leans agienst rack. flex your hips foward so upper body is at a slight angle. complete shrug motion. this variation will hit traps 1 and 2 upper portion and put size on fast.
10-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I usually do my traps on shoulders/traps day. The only two trap exercises I ever do are BB Shrugs and DB Shrugs. Do 5-7 sets of 10 on a heavy weight.
You can also throw in holds and negatives. Make sure your nutrition is in order.
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Can you post a photo? It's just that while I have good traps, I'd feel like an ass giving advice to someone with even larger traps than mine who wants them to be bigger, you know?
10-21-2011, 09:21 PM
10-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I usually do Power Shrugs/Power Cleans
3-5 sets of 6 reps
heavy weights of course.
No Money No Honey
Similar Forum Threads
- By ianm4208 in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
- By babywifey in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 231Last Post: 11-29-2008, 02:53 AM
- By Dwight Schrute in forum SupplementsReplies: 46Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
- By Jayhawkk in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 26Last Post: 04-11-2006, 07:23 AM
- By canadaguy in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:59 PM