Decrease Training Intensity Post-Cycle?

1. Decrease Training Intensity Post-Cycle?

Is it true that you should decrease training volume after a cycle of M-1-T? And if so, why?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Purge
    Is it true that you should decrease training volume after a cycle of M-1-T? And if so, why?
    Maybe volume due to simply not having the extra oompfh, but overall the more intensity you try to keep the better in terms of retaining gains.
    •   

3. Well if you raised your intensity b/c you were on androgens, then yes you would want to lower it. As far as cortisol levels are concerned they are elevated drastically when coming off of a cycle, and you would want to lower your intensity to help keep these levels under control. I believe that this subject has been touched on before, and some guys had some good advice on why you should lower your intensity, just do a search and you should find something.

4. personally, i would keep the intensity up in order to keep my strength. while, i would lower my total volume so that i don't overtrain w/o androgens.

5. Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    personally, i would keep the intensity up in order to keep my strength. while, i would lower my total volume so that i don't overtrain w/o androgens.
    exactly. You do NOT want to have a decrease in lifts and low test levels, this is the worst environment for keeping gains. If possible, just lower the volume you were using for PCT.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM
  2. post cycle training
    By insane lifter in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 06:42 PM
  3. post cycle training
    By insane lifter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3