Real Training Pics

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
does anyone have any photos or links to the pros while they're REALLY training?

i don't mean the set-up stuff when they have the sprayed on sweat while hoisting a fake 400 lb barbell & fake grimace on their face, i mean the real training shots where they're wearing the old sweats & t-shirts & lifting real weights.

i get so much motivation from photos like that.

Jag

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
You mean they don't really wear daisy dukes, work boots, and nothing else when they work out?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
King Kamali trained at the same gym i went to in Northern Virginia.
He lifted really light.
Curls with 45lbs.
Never did Free bar - bench or squats.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
You mean they don't really wear daisy dukes, work boots, and nothing else when they work out?
LOL...I like the pics where it shows them on a break between body parts, eating a chicken breast and rice out of a tupperware container while they are sitting on an incline bench.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
LOL...I like the pics where it shows them on a break between body parts, eating a chicken breast and rice out of a tupperware container while they are sitting on an incline bench.
and mixing their cell-tech drink.... :rofl:

Jag

GhostfaceKillah

GhostfaceKillah

Awards
He lifted really light.
Curls with 45lbs.
What gym would that be? I'm in NOVA right now.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
...I like the pics where it shows them on a break between body parts, eating a chicken breast and rice out of a tupperware container while they are sitting on an incline bench.
Yeah that would sit well between sets of squats. The next picture should be of the body builders feet in a toilet stall. MD had two guys working out with matching orange cargo pants and no shirts a while ago. Maybe they were going for the prison fantasy with the orange pants. What's the first thing that you would think if you saw them working out at your gym? They might as well of had one guy dressed up like a construction worker and the other as a sailor.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
He lifted really light.
Curls with 45lbs.
I remember reading an article some where about how the pros really train. It said they are so afraid of getting hurt they almost never train with free weights. They author said the only pro that they ever saw use free weights was Shawn Ray and he just did a few sets of squats with strict form with 315.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Coleman trains really heavy i hear

size

Awards
  • Established
Watch Dorian yates or ronnie coleman's videos.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The majority of their programs revolve around mid range isloation exercises. There are a few pro's that workout in my gym and the amount of weight is not impressive but the amount of reps they do with perfect form is. They also vary the TUT greatly depending on the exercise.

Most of the heavy weight is used for compound exercises. Most of them do follow some sort of periodization.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I dunno about that. The video I saw he deadlifted 800 for 2 reps. I don't think his squat would be higher then his deadlift.
In this months or lasts they said he squated 800 for two reps I think. I know he DL 800 for two as well. It also said he ate at the outback every day.........lucky bastard.lol

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
also heard Coleman trains in a crappy gym

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
In his "Unbelievable" DVD, he easily squats 800 for 3. (and on a side note, leg presses over 2000 pounds....55-45lb plates :blink: )
The gym he is a main stay at is old but has everything a real gym should have. I would choose that over some 'high tech spandex wearing soccer mom, cant wait for my post workout smoothie after 50 minutes of talking and cardio' gyms.
Sage

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ha, well said

UnleashedBeast

Awards
Interesting, about Ronnie. My bad, I was just stating that from what I saw I didn't think he could. If you saw it then he probably does squat 800 for a few reps.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, about Ronnie. My bad, I was just stating that from what I saw I didn't think he could. If you saw it then he probably does squat 800 for a few reps.
Wasnt trying to prove you wrong brother. Just saying Ronnie is a freak :thumbsup:
Sage

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
There was that one guy who was squatting like 600 for somoe photo shoot without a cage and collapsed. Blew out both his knees--the photos were quite gruesume.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
There was that one guy who was squatting like 600 for somoe photo shoot without a cage and collapsed. Blew out both his knees--the photos were quite gruesume.

was that like 2-3 years ago? I remember seeing an article and photo shoot of some pro or semi pro who had done that and tore his quads to pieces

PreMier

PreMier

Awards
Yup, RC trains using Westside, and if all is right you should be squatting the same that you deadlift. Because you are using the same muscles. :)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Yup, RC trains using Westside, and if all is right you should be squatting the same that you deadlift. Because you are using the same muscles.
That's interesting about west side I did not know that.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
They had a power lifter trying to squat 980 on real TV. His right knee gave out and bent in a really unnatural way on the floor. Pretty nasty stuff........

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Jean Pierre Flux is his name although thats probably the wrong spelling.

UnleashedBeast

Awards
Yup, RC trains using Westside, and if all is right you should be squatting the same that you deadlift. Because you are using the same muscles. :)
You do use the same muscles, but you are also doing different actions in different positions, which involves other muscles. They should probably be relatively close, although they could be the same depending on how you workout or how your genetics or you are I suppose. I guess I shouldn't of said I didn't think Ronnie's squat was better then his deadlift, because it's very much so possible to have a better squat then deadlift, I just usually think of a stronger deadlift then squat.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
if you look at most powerlifters there lifts are in order as such squat, dead, bench

I did say most didnt i , some guys bench 1.5 times what they squat and still squat more than me so...

look in a POWERLIFTING USA mag

Lich

Banned
Awards
I dunno about that. The video I saw he deadlifted 800 for 2 reps. I don't think his squat would be higher then his deadlift.
Do a search for another video, I dont remmebert if it was this board or not, but theres another small clip of him doing full squats with 800, got 2 reps maybe could have got 3. It all depends how hes training as well, heck who knows, maybe some months he can get 5.

Lich

Banned
Awards
I cant remember the site, it was like rotten.com, theres a pic of a guy at the bottom of his squat with all his insides coming out of his anal =P

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
lich that was a hoax , do a search on this board and it tells all the reasons it has to be a hoax.