Weighted chins (alternate in middle set to neutral grip) 3x10
Barbell curls 2x8

Deadlift 5/3/1
Box jumps 3x10
Ab planks 3x 60s
Weighted crunches 3x10
Hypers 3x10

Bench 5/3/1
Bent over rows 5x5 (increasing weight every workout)
Pushups 3x10
Shrugs 2x (as many reps as possible)
Skull crushers 2x8
Pullups 10x2 (throughout entire workout harry selkows routine)

Squat 5/3/1
Leg curl 2x10
Sumo leg press 2x10
Hanging leg raise 3x10
Weighted oblique cruches 3x10

I hope this is correct. And I think ive pretty much got the bases covered

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
stupid newb question - 5/3/1 is that doing 3 sets of 5,3, and 1 rep respectively?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
5/3/1 is a whole workout program. Yes it usually involves 3 sets but u have to change the weights according to the program and the reps change weekly.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
reps are pretty high on the box jumps. I would actually use them as part of the warm up prior to dead lifting.

Personally, I'd do some single leg RDL's over leg curls for posterior kinetic chain work on squat day. Add some swiss ball leg curls onto deadlift day.

And, don't forget external shoulder rotations.

Br

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read his ebook again a few more times. The purpose of picking certain assistance exercises is to strengthen your weak points. Pushups are not going to do this and 5x5 on BB rows is only going to lead to crappy form. You also do not have nearly enough tricep work in there (2 sets a week is not going to cut it). It really does seem like you picked the easiest possible assistance lifts that he outlines and chose to ignore any real posterior chain work.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Lol he said himself that pushups build bench idk what's wrong with that. I put that small tricep work on so that I wouldn't over train as I also do dips and pushups and didn't wanna do too much. I tailored the workout to what I see is weak and is not getting enough work on my body. He says in his e-book to train with symmetry so I'm trying.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My final set up for 5/3/1 is as follows

This day is pretty solid
OH press 5/3/1
Face pulls 3x10
Weighted dips 3x10
Weighted chins (alternate in middle set to neutral grip) 3x10
Barbell curls 2x8

This day needs some work
Deadlift 5/3/1
Box jumps 3x10 BB/DB Lunges
Ab planks 3x 60s
Weighted crunches 3x10 Go higher reps; it's not always about weight: rep PR's are also important
Hypers 3x10 These need to be weighted

Bench 5/3/1
Bent over rows 5x5 (increasing weight every workout)Change the rep scheme: 10-15 is optimal
Pushups 3x10 Sub in some wort of press
Shrugs 2x (as many reps as possible) Throw in another set or 2
Skull crushers 2x8 Same thing; more sets and, possibly, higher reps
Pullups 10x2 (throughout entire workout harry selkows routine)

Squat 5/3/1
Leg curl 2x10 Either SLDL or Good Mornings and more sets
Sumo leg press 2x10 Do these unilaterally and more sets
Hanging leg raise 3x10
Weighted oblique cruches 3x10 Do standing cable crunches

I hope this is correct. And I think ive pretty much got the bases covered
My recommendations are in bold. Common theme is not enough volume, lack of intensity on assistance exercises, and always go for rep PR's before you start adding more weight.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Whoops sorry. I made a couple mistakes when I wrote that. I already do the hypers with weight. And I do cable oblique crunches

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoops sorry. I made a couple mistakes when I wrote that. I already do the hypers with weight. And I do cable oblique crunches
You need strong rectus abdominis to move heavy weights. Also, train for specificity: you don't lift on your back, so anything on your back isn't going to have a great carryover.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Various medicine ball slams and twisting throws are also great dynamic movements to increase trunk strength.

Br

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I did 3x10 db flat to sub pushups. Is that ok?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did 3x10 db flat to sub pushups. Is that ok?
Let me see if I can put this another way. Do NOT limit yourself to just a certain number of reps. What you need to do is give yourself a rep range instead of a set number. It is a huge misconception that you always need to lift heavier weights to make progress. However, this is nowhere near the truth; you can easily make great gains by increasing your reps on a given weight.

As Wendler says in the book, a rep PR is just as important as a weight PR. You probably aren't familiar with him, but Matt Kroczaleski does his assistance exercises in a much higher rep range. Hell, he does DB rows in the 20-30 rep range.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also how are u doing selkow chin routine if your doing weighted chins for 10 reps? Idk how you can do weighted chins for 10 reps but only 2 pull-ups.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I'm not doing skelkows on both push days. I do it on one yes one no. Also I don't like to limit my reps but I'm supposed to not take it to failure

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was just asking why your only doing 2 reps for ten sets, if you can handle more pull-ups do more and decrease sets to get 20 total reps, then start adding weight ect

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
But my not doing pullups on both days is ok right? Cuz I'd still like to keep chins on OH press day

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait you are refering to pull-ups and chins being to different things? ohh ok. Thats fine, i usually just mix up my grips as i go and how my shoulder feels ect. I call them all chins anymore.
And yea flat db is good, as is bench again at 50% 1RM like in the BBB layout, or low incline presses, or regular incline presses, or decline presses. Depends on why you are doing the press and your weaknesses. If its bottom of bench do flat or low incline DB presses.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Yea on OH press day I do one set weighted chins, one set neutral grip pullups, and another weighted chin set, and last time I hung a tricep rope over the bar and did a couple of those. Felt pretty good so I may keep em and progress on those. Also I changed the rep scheme for rows and now do 4x10 and two overhand grip two underhand grip

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Please dont overthink it. Just switch up your assistence stuff every 8-12 weeks or need be for volume, fatigue, and whatever other reason. Like having an off day so workout is short. Or feeling really good so you push a lil more volume. You limit yourself with "3x10" or "4x10" What if you have an off day? your gonna feel like you have to do 4x10 bc its in you plan. Why not put 4-5 set of 8-15 for rows, some days i go for a weight pr at about 8 reps and sometimes i go for a rep pr around 15 sometimes 20 plus for a weight. Just leave some play room to progress depending on the day. Also do all the grips you want/feel like doing for chins, in the long run it doesnt matter much.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Hey this may be a stupid question but do I do assistance work on deload week?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do it, i deload my assistance stuff too, rodja i know doesnt deload the assistence he does it as normal, whatever works for you and helps you recover most in the that week i would do

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to revive this. What workout day can I add DB snatches to?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Prob lower body as the first lift before squats and deads since the snatch is a hip movement.