help create me a bicep and quad speacialization routine

gidemon

Banned
Awards
whats up everyone!

im looking to focus and add size to my quads and biceps.So i was wondering if you guys could share some of your creativity and ideas for a routine(split aimed at bringing up my lagging biceps and quads.im happy with everything else as far as size and proportion goes.i have like many others overdeveloped delts and triceps and a decent chest and back.i also have calve developement that im very happy with.as far as my quads and biceps go im very unhappy with the developement.

i was thinking a split that puts most of the emphasis on biceps and my quads,while just maintaining my chest,back and delts etc.the split dosnt have to be on set days and im game for anything you guys can throw at me.

so if you had 8 to ten weeks to bring the quads and biceps up as much as possible hypertrophy wise how would you lay it out week by week.

so let me see what you guys can come up with and ill will give it my all..im desperate to get this right and get things proportioned correctly...**** all the knowledge and experience here in this forum im excited to see what you guys can come up with,ive been at it for years ,making routines aand splits,i even have a couple guys i train..i just would like to be the one guided and shown a new way for once...some fresh ideas are allways a great way to respark the training furnace.hell i will even run a log on this one if a good routine comes out of this post.

thanks everyone and look forward to some feedback

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
im not expert by any means, but i do a 5 day split.
chest
back
legs
arms
shoulders

for arms i do 4 exercises on biceps and triceps.

on leg day i try to get in at least 5 good exercises
squats
4 sets x 8 reps

walking BB lunges
4 sets x 8 reps

Front BB Squats
5 sets x 10 reps

Leg curls
5 sets x 8-10 reps

leg extensions
5 sets x 8-10 reps

if you want to check out my workouts i have a log going on right now.

and just for reference my legs are 26.5 inches and my arms are 18 inches each. both are cold measurements.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
im not expert by any means, but i do a 5 day split.
chest
back
legs
arms
shoulders

for arms i do 4 exercises on biceps and triceps.

on leg day i try to get in at least 5 good exercises
squats
4 sets x 8 reps

walking BB lunges
4 sets x 8 reps

Front BB Squats
5 sets x 10 reps

Leg curls
5 sets x 8-10 reps

leg extensions
5 sets x 8-10 reps

if you want to check out my workouts i have a log going on right now.

and just for reference my legs are 26.5 inches and my arms are 18 inches each. both are cold measurements.
thanks for the response man

ive done 5 day splits,3 day and so on as well...all of them have worked good for me over the years and have given me mounds of mass.back when i first started training i weighed 185lbs and now 15 years later im now 330lbs at a clen bulk weight.my arms cold are 18 half left and 19 inch right,my legs im unsure cuz ive never actually measured them,i dont have chicken legs i have been hitting those wheels for a long time.

what i was looking for was a routine ,split that puts extra focus on my quads and biceps....im 6'5...im tall,so i really need to and want to bring up my quads and biceps to stand out at my height

so a routine that trained quads and biceps more frequently during the week? and put the rest of my body parts in a whole body group...?i have somewhat of an idea of what i want but wanted to see if
anyone here had a routine or experience with building a routine or split based around the lagging bodyparts that needed extra focus ..i would like to see how different people would go about doing this.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, I used to have large biceps, and believe me that wasn't from genetics. I also had/have large quads. I've since changed up my routine to bring up lagging parts/maintain strength on a cut. The following can't promise you the results - this is just what worked for me. So simply take this as a suggestion from one tall (6'3"" dude to another (6'5").

M-Legs
T-Chest
W-Back
R-Legs
F-Arms
Sa-Shoulders
Su-Off

It doesn't where this starts, but the order really matters. Believe me, I thought this out to make sure that my shoulders wouldn't be taxed during some chest presses, or my arms wouldn't be all wobbly for some other exercise after pullups, or whatnot. This all allows for a good recovery period if you follow this sequence. And feel free to do cardio whenever during this (I was running in the AM and doing some post workout cardio except on leg days), but I would strongly suggest Sunday be an off day from everything.

-----

Monday
LEGS (INTENSITY)
-Full Squat (or ATG squats) - up to 3x3. Feel free to try for 3x1 rep maxes one time every 4 weeks
Note: use plates behind your heels if you need the extra elevation to go lower and not have to good morning the weight up.
-Deadlifts - work up to set of 4-2 (for the first weeks, 3 the next few weeks, 2 the last weeks), and set of 1 after that
Note: this means 2 working sets, one of 4-2 reps and one of 1 rep max, trying to move that up
-SUPERSET 3 sets consisting of
-Leg curls (10 reps)
-upper abdominal work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
-leg extensions (10 reps)
-lower abdominal work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
Note: order of above doesn't matter so long as legs or abs are worked every other time

Tuesday
CHEST
-Do whatever you feel works here for chest, but I RX to have at least 2 barbell chest pressing exercises here
-Tricep accessory exercise 3-4 sets of 8-12
-Hammer curls 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps (with good form helps the shoulder cuff after all the pressing you did)

Wednesday
BACK
-Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4 sets of 5-8 reps
-A back width/depth movement
-A back depth/width movement (if you did a width movement before, do a depth one now)
-Whatever else, like upright rows, shrugs, facepulls, etc

Thursday
LEGS (VOLUME)
-Full Squats - 5x5
-Rack Pulls - Work up to a set of 1-6, rest, then another set of 8-12
-calf work (whatever works for you)
-upper ab work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
-hip abductors (make sure to work to a 10 or less repper here)
-lower ab work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)

Friday
ARMS
Note: I superset a tricep and a bicep movement each time, usually in order given. Change 2 tricep and 2 bicep exercises but always save close grip bench and seated/standing ez bar (or do olympic bar if you prefer)
-Close Grip Bench Press - 3 sets of 4-6 reps
-Seated/Standing EZ bar curl - 3 sets of 7-10 reps
-Tricep movement - 3 sets of 6-12 reps
-Bicep movement - 3 sets of 8-12
-Tricep movement - 3 sets of 6-12 or more!
Note: again, supersetting these movements was key to my success. I'll explain what I mean by this so it's clear later.

Saturday
SHOULDERS
-Do whatever works for you here

------
Note: When I say superset, I mean do the exercises listed with no more than 30 seconds between the 2 movements, and then take a short but good rest period in between (like 2 to 3 minutes).

Another note: my first school of thought was from a powerlifting perspective, so the twice a week ab work that I do is in fact not because I am concerned in maintaining a 6 pack but rather to help increase core strength. So if you have something else you'd like to do, like a yolk walk or something ridiculous go for it.

Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I tried to focus on days of interest (quad and bicep work).

Honestly, I feel the DC workouts have done more for me for my leg strength, but since you're more concerned with size the above worked tremendously for me.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also just read a post of yours detailing your experience with DC. So if you feel like you have lagging biceps after doing DC you're not alone. I still believe mine are like this not so much from bad training but from cutting and losing that giant water and glycogen storage mass that I usually put on there. What I might suggest is if you want to still do a DC thing, do your typical rest-pause working set with negatives, and then do another rest-pause set, but with a different exercise (and to a lower range - so if you just did a 17 rp set, do one for a different exercise for about 14 rp).

On that note, I am totally excited to see how these workouts go when I'm actually eating at maintenance or higher.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Well, I used to have large biceps, and believe me that wasn't from genetics. I also had/have large quads. I've since changed up my routine to bring up lagging parts/maintain strength on a cut. The following can't promise you the results - this is just what worked for me. So simply take this as a suggestion from one tall (6'3"" dude to another (6'5").

M-Legs
T-Chest
W-Back
R-Legs
F-Arms
Sa-Shoulders
Su-Off

It doesn't where this starts, but the order really matters. Believe me, I thought this out to make sure that my shoulders wouldn't be taxed during some chest presses, or my arms wouldn't be all wobbly for some other exercise after pullups, or whatnot. This all allows for a good recovery period if you follow this sequence. And feel free to do cardio whenever during this (I was running in the AM and doing some post workout cardio except on leg days), but I would strongly suggest Sunday be an off day from everything.

-----

Monday
LEGS (INTENSITY)
-Full Squat (or ATG squats) - up to 3x3. Feel free to try for 3x1 rep maxes one time every 4 weeks
Note: use plates behind your heels if you need the extra elevation to go lower and not have to good morning the weight up.
-Deadlifts - work up to set of 4-2 (for the first weeks, 3 the next few weeks, 2 the last weeks), and set of 1 after that
Note: this means 2 working sets, one of 4-2 reps and one of 1 rep max, trying to move that up
-Leg curls (10 reps)
-upper abdominal work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
-leg extensions (10 reps)
-lower abdominal work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
Note: order of above doesn't matter so long as legs or abs are worked every other time

Tuesday
CHEST
-Do whatever you feel works here for chest, but I RX to have at least 2 barbell chest pressing exercises here
-Tricep accessory exercise 3-4 sets of 8-12
-Hammer curls 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps (with good form helps the shoulder cuff after all the pressing you did)

Wednesday
BACK
-Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4 sets of 5-8 reps
-A back width/depth movement
-A back depth/width movement (if you did a width movement before, do a depth one now)
-Whatever else, like upright rows, shrugs, facepulls, etc

Thursday
LEGS (VOLUME)
-Full Squats - 5x5
-Rack Pulls - Work up to a set of 1-6, rest, then another set of 8-12
-calf work (whatever works for you)
-upper ab work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)
-hip abductors (make sure to work to a 10 or less repper here)
-lower ab work (anywhere from 20 up to 5 reps)

Friday
ARMS
Note: I superset a tricep and a bicep movement each time, usually in order given. Change 2 tricep and 2 bicep exercises but always save close grip bench and seated/standing ez bar (or do olympic bar if you prefer)
-Close Grip Bench Press - 3 sets of 4-6 reps
-Seated/Standing EZ bar curl - 3 sets of 7-10 reps
-Tricep movement - 3 sets of 6-12 reps
-Tricep movement - 3 sets of 6-12 or more!
Note: again, supersetting these movements was key to my success. I'll explain what I mean by this so it's clear later.

Saturday
SHOULDERS
-Do whatever works for you here

------
Note: When I say superset, I mean do the exercises listed with no more than 30 seconds between the 2 movements, and then take a short but good rest period in between (like 2 to 3 minutes).

Another note: my first school of thought was from a powerlifting perspective, so the twice a week ab work that I do is in fact not because I am concerned in maintaining a 6 pack but rather to help increase core strength. So if you have something else you'd like to do, like a yolk walk or something ridiculous go for it.

Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I tried to focus on days of interest (quad and bicep work).

Honestly, I feel the DC workouts have done more for me for my leg strength, but since you're more concerned with size the above worked tremendously for me.
thanx for the feedback and info...i do like the idea of legs being hit twice a week..that would work for me because at the moment my recovery is pretty good..as far as the rest of the split its kinda what im trying not to do,chest day ,shoulder day etc.was looking to do something a little different,i know im probly confusing you ..lol sorry bout that.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
I also just read a post of yours detailing your experience with DC. So if you feel like you have lagging biceps after doing DC you're not alone. I still believe mine are like this not so much from bad training but from cutting and losing that giant water and glycogen storage mass that I usually put on there. What I might suggest is if you want to still do a DC thing, do your typical rest-pause working set with negatives, and then do another rest-pause set, but with a different exercise (and to a lower range - so if you just did a 17 rp set, do one for a different exercise for about 14 rp).

On that note, I am totally excited to see how these workouts go when I'm actually eating at maintenance or higher.

yeah dc was a good experienced but my biceps ..i swear seemed to atrophy during..
im taking a break from dc while trying to bring up th lagging bodyparts.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I would just do something like was previously suggested only consolidating the upper body work. The days would outline as follows:
1) Heavy legs
2) Upper body: Like a powerlifting workout where you hit a couple pressing movements, 1-2 lat/upper back movements, shoulder laterals, a few sets of biceps
3) Volume legs
4) Arm specialization

gidemon

Banned
Awards
I would just do something like was previously suggested only consolidating the upper body work. The days would outline as follows:
1) Heavy legs
2) Upper body: Like a powerlifting workout where you hit a couple pressing movements, 1-2 lat/upper back movements, shoulder laterals, a few sets of biceps
3) Volume legs
4) Arm specialization
yeah..im getting something along those lines together...yesterday i started 20 rep squats for the first time..man those are a whole new ball game.