The Brachial Pump.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%

The Brachial Pump.

lol Catchy title huh? Well If there is such a thing let me know because my brachialis need some seriouse attention, aside from my norm.

40 lbs 8x10 Hammer curles w/db
    65 lbs 4x10 reverse bb curles
    100lbs 8x10 wide-grip curls w/preacher bar. (elbows in)
    45 lbs 4x10 db curles
    45 lb plate 4x10 hammer curl.

Thats my norm for bi's and brachial's, If anyone has suggestions on a better rountine im all ears, but i am in Afghanistan right now so im limited to free weights, no bowflex's or any of that ****. Thanks Guys, God speed.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Current goals: Throw heavy **** around, look good naked, kill.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The hammers and reverse grip bb curls alone are sufficient imo. Maybe throw in some pinwheel curls? I think what you stated is more than ample amount of exercises to work that muscle. I dont know what else to suggest other than that. Best of luck! Keep your head down brother and come home safe!
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

thats a alot of sets my freind...maybee tone it down a lil...then again im on the low volume highhoarse right now so my advice may not be the best
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by OEFHajHunt10 View Post
    lol Catchy title huh? Well If there is such a thing let me know because my brachialis need some seriouse attention, aside from my norm.

40 lbs 8x10 Hammer curles w/db
    65 lbs 4x10 reverse bb curles
    100lbs 8x10 wide-grip curls w/preacher bar. (elbows in)
    45 lbs 4x10 db curles
    45 lb plate 4x10 hammer curl.

Thats my norm for bi's and brachial's, If anyone has suggestions on a better rountine im all ears, but i am in Afghanistan right now so im limited to free weights, no bowflex's or any of that ****. Thanks Guys, God speed.
    Depends on what you want - more mass, endurance, strength, etc. What you're doing could work for some hypertrophy/starting strength, but it's not really the best routine for it.

As someone already mentioned, that's a lot of sets/reps for biceps - you don't need that much, even doing a separate Arms' day.

If you want mass and strength, stick to doing your heavy back work with a supinated grip (i.e. pull-ups, bent over BB rows, reverse rows, etc.), and add in the bicep compounds like BB bicep curls, etc.

You might also want to work your biceps after doing a few sets of squats (i.e. 4 x 6), since squats are going to release the most testosterone out of any exercise you can do, and therefore be beneficial for you.

Check out the thread Biceps lagging behind.... for some more suggestions.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%

Thanks for the tip, and yes i do squats before every workout, i didnt know it was beneficial, i just know we climb alot of mountains out here so squats help. sounds like compounds are the way to go ill add those in addition. also you mentioned that was alot, but im also super setting that workout with triceps inbetween, about same amount of reps...is that good or bad?

6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by OEFHajHunt10 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, and yes i do squats before every workout, i didnt know it was beneficial, i just know we climb alot of mountains out here so squats help. sounds like compounds are the way to go ill add those in addition. also you mentioned that was alot, but im also super setting that workout with triceps inbetween, about same amount of reps...is that good or bad?
    No worries

Definitely compounds - the basics work every time.

Supersetting is fine and I am a huge advocate of supersets/trisets/giant sets, etc. - it will give your biceps a chance to recover in between.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

I'd definitely cut down the total number of sets (28 if my math was right on that) unless you're solely going for a fat loss or endurance type workout. You've already been given some pretty good advice.

How often are you doing that workout/hitting your biceps?

I never work them directly more than once a week and I actually do them as little as twice a month, sometimes (the heavy compound movements you'll use them for on other lifts will definitely work them enough to not worry about missing out any potential growth).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%

I do them about twice a week, and yes i did get some good advice and im very appreciative guys thanks!

9. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.78%

ISO Holds!!!
    Static work has worked wonders for me in the past. don't underestimate static strength holds for sets x time. If you eat well and train it will not only blow your brachials up but it will help with all of your back training.
    Cable rope hammers with a 3 sec x 8-10 (24-30 secs TUT) contraction is also awesome.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

After my regular bi workout, I'll run the rack with hammer curls. I start from the 65's and drop down by 10 pound increments with no rest til I'm hammering with...yes, 5lbs dumbells. This ALWAYS gets my brachs BLOWN so bad that I can't fold my arms. They'll cramp and lock-up the next day because they were hit so hard. Give it a try and tell me how it feels.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.3%

Roise said it great! Big compound lifts, intermingled with some slight and minimal arm work. I do shoulders/upper back day and incorporate some barbell curls and blamo big arms. You should really concentrate on your lifts, get a counting system down, like fast up, slow down; slow up, fast, down, then alternate. Make your locus good technique and muscle control. Good luck!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.78%

iso holds.........
    Static strength = growth

Forearm Kings=Gymnasts

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anadraulic Pump for Pump (not energy, etc)... How was it?
    By TexasLifter89 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
  2. No pump
    By AZMIDLYF in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
  3. RPM and/or WTF Pump'd pre-w/o
    By Infina in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0