from 5x5 to DC

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Also I was confused about the cruising phase wat should I do during that time? And should I still do my extreme stretching for both cruise weeks?

2. I may be wrong but from what I understand you can do your normal non-DC training program or take the time off. I dont know as far as the stretching also. I probably shouldnt had posted this....im no help.
    •   

3. During the cruise a lot of guys take a full week off. The second week, lift without rest pausing and not to failure. I like to tryout different exercises or you can do it like Drinkyboy. Just take it easy on your joints and nervous system.

4. So no stretches? And then come back at 90% of what I stopped at right?

5. I am confused about the DC routine i realize that Dante has it set up on intensemuscle as MWF but from what i got out of the Cycles for pennies on his training regiment he makes it a 4 day split...

I set up the program like this
    DAY ONE
    CHEST
    SHOULDERS
    TRICEPS
    BACK WIDTH
    BACK THICKNESS

DAY TWO
    BICEPS
    FOREARMS
    CALVES
    HAMSTRINGS
    QUADS

DAY THREE OFF

DAY FOUR-REPEAT CHEST DAY ONE AND SEQUENCE BUT WITH TOTAL DIFFERENT EXERCISES

DAY FIVE-REPEAT DAY TWO AND SEQUENCE WITH TOTAL DIFFERENT EXERCISES

DAY SIX OFF

DAY SEVEN-REPEAT DAY ONE AND SEQUENCE WITH TOTAL DIFFERENT EXERCISES THAN DAY ONE AND FOUR

DAY EIGHT --REPEAT DAY TWO AND SEQUENCE WITH TOTAL DIFFERENT EXERCISES THEN DAY TWO AND FIVE

Stay with me here--Your only doing one exercise per muscle group per day. Your doing your first favorite exercise for chest on day one--your doing your second favorite exercise for chest on day four and your third exercise for chest on day seven. Your doing the same exercises you would be doing anyway in a weeks time and training chest 3 times in that week(or nine days) with minimal sets so you can recover. You cannot do a 3-5 exercise chest workout and recover to train chest again 3 days later. Absolutely impossible!! You can come in and do 2-3 warmup sets up to your heaviest set and then do one working set (rest paused) all out balls to the wall on that exercise --recover and grow and be ready again 3 days later.

I am confused because if you use the MWF approach you would only work that muscle group 2 times in a week and he SPECIFICALLY states 3 times a week in the post above...

So basically it would look somthing like this:

Monday - A1
    Tuesday -B1
    WED- OFF
    Thursday A2
    Friday-B2
    Sat - OFF
    Sunday -A3
    Monday B3
    ETC....
    Currently have my split set up to those guidlines except i take the weekends off...
    •   

6. Smith402
    There's two ways to do DC Training. The first is for guys new to Dc which is m-w-f-weekends off. Cycles for Pennies is an older article and there's been some updates to the routine. The way your doing it looks correct to me. Here's a couple of links that should help you out so you can get the best out of your training. There's so much stuff on the net to make it confusing.
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19724
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=37067

7. Is it ok for me to add ab work to this routine? I was planning on doing p90X ab ripper two days a week on off days

8. Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    Is it ok for me to add ab work to this routine? I was planning on doing p90X ab ripper two days a week on off days
    HA-HA-HA---Thats exactly what I'm doing!

9. How are the results looking? Good progress on DC with this method? I could care less about abs I want size and strength and nothing that will hinder them or the effectiveness of my routine

10. I'm not sure that its dc recommended- probably not, but my reason for doing it is that I pulled an oblique while wearing my weight belt and deadlifting, so I have a weak point that needs to be fixed.

11. Oh my reason is shredding my midsection. But I don't wanna hinder DC at all
  •