pulled/strained groin advice?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I PULLED MY DAMN GROIN!!!

We were doing 5 rep max squats in my weightlifting class and I went down a little too low on my last rep (not warmed up all the way either) and there was a slight pull. It got pretty sore for the next few days and now it's doing a little better but still is nagging me all the time. Any advice on how to get over it a little faster and lower body exercises I can do?

I hear it could take up to a month or longer to get back to normal....is this true?!!!?:rant:

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theres really nothing that will fix a pulled groin but time. Let this be a lesson to warm up correctly. In the future, improve flexibility in your adductors and increase strength in your abductors.

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theres really nothing that will fix a pulled groin but time. Let this be a lesson to warm up correctly. In the future, improve flexibility in your adductors and increase strength in your abductors.

Br
Agree'd... This should be a painful lesson to you... warm up are commonly the most overlooked thing as most people think they dont need to. You have to protect your body. There is an ebook by jim smith called ACS that is very good. He has another called amped that I have not seen yet but im sure it is even better. I use ACS as my guideline for my warmups.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
yea that's what i figured. i'm usually good about warming up but for our class we have limited time so she goes light on the warm up. i'm learning my lesson that's for sure. thanks for the help guys.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I would also recommend daily or near daily very light exercise to pump blood into the area and provide a stimulus for the collagen fibers to align correctly during healing. Even if it's just high rep bodyweight squats, that's fine. I would also recommend some very gentle stretching of the area after these sessions. You don't want the area to heal "tight" and set you up for re-injury. Take your time and work backs slowly. Groin injuries tend to linger for a long time if you don't rest and rehab them correctly.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Your hip flexors are probably tight. Suck up your ego and do a few sets of bridges for 10-15 reps before squating to loosen them up. After words it may be necessary to do a regular kneeling stretch. Do a couple body weight squats and see how it feels before lifting too. Always warmup bud.