SORENESS day after Training- Good? OR Bad-Overtraining?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

SORENESS day after Training- Good? OR Bad-Overtraining?

So i wanna clear this up. Ive heard mixed things about getting sore after a hard workout session. Is it good or bad? Im talking about that sore achy feeling that you may have 4 a few days after training a muscle group HARD. Some people say its bad, your over training. Some say its good your pushing your muscles to the limit and you had a good intense workout, and your muscle fibers are torn up and they will grow back stronger and bigger. So is this good or bad?

Personally i love that sore feeling! When a muscle group stops getting sore i like to switch up my routine cause i think my muscles have gotten used to that routine. Thus, muscle confusion!

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

It is good to be sore. There is a difference between being sore and hitting over training "status"; you'll feel dreadful for a while and know for sure if you overtrained..
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  BIG lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    It is good to be sore. There is a difference between being sore and hitting over training "status"; you'll feel dreadful for a while and know for sure if you overtrained..
    bingo.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%

I love it to. Makes you feel like you did something right. if your over training to be its more of like a burning sensation. All and i would say if the soreness effects your next training day that a problem other wise your good.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

lol wat is over training hahahaha ive squatd once per week been sore all week and came back stronger evertime same with bench and cleans if im not sore for two days then i didt lift hard and if im not sore then mix it up
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

You said it!!!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

yeah- what gamer said is true- if ur over training you will know it- i overtrained once- it was for a period of two weeks that it went on (I was new to bbing)

I felt like SHTI Tired all the time- like hung over tired, I was grouchy, and HATED going to the gym- as soon as I backed off this all went away
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.59%

Relax, you have DOMS. That's fine!
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

The DOMS!
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    yeah- what gamer said is true- if ur over training you will know it- i overtrained once- it was for a period of two weeks that it went on (I was new to bbing)

I felt like SHTI Tired all the time- like hung over tired, I was grouchy, and HATED going to the gym- as soon as I backed off this all went away
    ^^^^ That Op, is overtraining
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

^^^^ That Op, is overtraining
    How so, please explain. I only workout a muscle group once a week, well acutally over a 7-9 day period. Exception of bicep=Twice a week or every 4 days or so.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.59%

Quote Originally Posted by jcr1 View Post
    How so, please explain. I only workout a muscle group once a week. Exception of bicep=Twice a week.
    I'd bet money you're not overtraining. There seems to be to much emphasis on whether or not you want to go to the gym as an indicator of overtraining when odds are that it's an indicator you just had a ****ty day, girlfreind was bitching, the grocery doesn't stock your oat flower anymore because apparently it doesn't sell well enough even though (god dammit) you just cleaned them out last time I checked that was 'sales, ect......

but I digress...
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

How so, please explain. I only workout a muscle group once a week, well acutally over a 7-9 day period. Exception of bicep=Twice a week or every 4 days or so.
    I dont understand your question?
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

I dont understand your question?
    How am i overtraining? I really dont think i am.
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

How am i overtraining? I really dont think i am.
    I never said you were lol..
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What about sore rotator cuff muscles, I dont know how to go about it, they arnt inflamed but on training every 2nd day they are sure all the time, once they get to the point of sharp pain I take a training day off, but I have a feeling they are slowly catching up.

I do rotator cuff work sometimes but if I keep doing it along with my routine it just holds back my gains due to the overtraining of them, cause I need to then take more days off.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

So i wanna clear this up. Ive heard mixed things about getting sore after a hard workout session. Is it good or bad? Im talking about that sore achy feeling that you may have 4 a few days after training a muscle group HARD. Some people say its bad, your over training. Some say its good your pushing your muscles to the limit and you had a good intense workout, and your muscle fibers are torn up and they will grow back stronger and bigger. So is this good or bad?
    DOMS is normal and natural and to be completely expected. It can set in anywhere from immediately post-training to a few days after training a particular session, and can last anywhere from 24 hours to a week. It's neither good nor bad, and is certainly no indicator of overtraining - but nor is it an indicator of the quality of your training.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    DOMS is normal and natural and to be completely expected. It can set in anywhere from immediately post-training to a few days after training a particular session, and can last anywhere from 24 hours to a week. It's neither good nor bad, and is certainly no indicator of overtraining - but nor is it an indicator of the quality of your training.

~Team APPNUT
    That is debatable Rosie.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

ItsHectic; I had the same problem 2 when i was a noob and just started working out. (not saying your a noob). I figured out the problem real fast and corrected it. Well after i found what the heck a rotator cuff (i believe its the muscle behind the front deltoid, right around there, i found out that i just had 2 separate my chest workouts and shoulder workouts farther apart. at least 4 days 4 me. Also when i felt that sharp pain in my cuff i mean i couldnt even lift my arm over my head, i took about 2 weeks off from shoulder and chest workouts. That did it for me!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

I actually like the feeling of DOMS to an extent. The only time I hate it is when you get it the first time you work a group of muscles. For instance, I neglected my calves for a long time and then finally started working them out hard with this Vince Gironda inspired workout. I was sore the next day and felt satisfied, but the next day I awoke in such pain that I literally had to tip toe around work because they were so sore. Same thing happened with my hip flexors. The good thing about that kind of sore-ness though in my mind, is that if you keep working out you'll never be that sore again.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.33%

as most people said DOMS common and some say ideal.

Overtraining, however, is not ideal. Everyone's body gives off different signals when overtrained...when i've overtrained my body usually feels hungover and weak and my joints generally ache.

from what your first post said though i'd put money on you just having a case of DOMS
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.89%

That is debatable Rosie.
    Not really, DOMS have been shown to have no direct correlation to the quality of ones workout.
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.11%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bkoguy07 View Post
    Not really, DOMS have been shown to have no direct correlation to the quality of ones workout.
    There is no consensus on this topic and is one of the larger debates in S&C.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%

Quote Originally Posted by bkoguy07 View Post
    Agreed... It's not that hard to get sore from working out if that's your goal. I usually only get sore after something like squats or deadlifts or if I do certain exercises I haven't done in a long time. But I could definitely make it a point to get sore if I wanted to. But don't.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

I see what your saying, But its weird for me. Like my biceps never get sore anymore. My chest gets sore when i switch exercises routines, like when i go from low reps heavy weight to high reps with lighter weight. But yeah i think ive fianlly found out how my body feels when im overtrained. Its a crappy feeling. I feel lethargic, had little motivation to train, weak, i kinda wanted to train, but i knew i should NOT be training.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 890
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Overtraining vs. Training too little
    By Soopaman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
  3. Basement training to gym Am i overtraining HELP
    By poacher in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 03:14 PM