- 01-27-2004, 10:24 PM
I've been lifting for about 2 years, and in the last few months my wrists started hurting. I thought it was carpel tunnel for a while because even using a mouse hurt my right one, but I had some time off at christmas time, and it went away almost completely.
Mostly now only the left one seems to hurt, and it's when doing curls with a bar (didn't notice it in the right one last time) but dumbells are fine. And the right one hurt tonight after flat bench, but we did decline and incline and all three on cables after that, and it was (both were) alright.
Nothing else ever bothers me.
And ideas? I've been working my forearms more thinking mabey I've got a weak grip but I don't think that's it.
- 01-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Could it be in the grip you're using, either being too wide or too narrow? If your now lifting heavier weight after training 2 years (heavy, relative to you) in such a way that your hand is not plumb or perpendicular to your forearm, that puts more stress on the joint. It doesn't take much of that to begin to experience some of what you're describing.
If that doesn't work, try an e-z curl bar, or if that's what you're using, switch to a straight bar. And if both of those bother you, stick with the dumbells for awhile until they're healed. When you switch back to barbell ease into it.
- 01-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by PC1
I don't think it's the grip, I try to change it up all the time. Dosen't matter if it's an ez curl or straight, but yeah I don't think dumbells were a problem.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Zero Tolerance in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 04-28-2005, 09:42 AM
- By LCSULLA in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2005, 01:00 PM
- By stindevil in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:50 AM
- By Bigmac in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 03-22-2004, 10:48 PM
- By lifted in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 10Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:16 PM