Is this weird?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

Is this weird?

first off im 16 years old and the stuff i read on here gives me alot to think about for when i am older and more willing to have my body go throught all that stress. Secondly i am right now a totally clean lifter, i havnt even ever taken creatine.
    I am deadlifting 430 5 times, squatting about 450, and my bench is about 240... not so great considering im 6' 2" 220 lbs. I am trying to cut weight get a little toned then BULK! last year i did my first bulk totally natural and my squat (which i worked twice a week) litterally went up 10 lbs a week along with my bench about 5 lbs a week. this year though i know i shouldnt be deadlifting when im trying to cut has gone up a butt load when i first started about 2 months ago i could do about 370 once. thats quite an improvement i assume. but my question is, is it weird that its going up that fast or is it just my body is changing as i grow up... either way i sure do enjoy it, hahaha.

thanks
    I love the site!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

oh yea also what excercise regim would you recommend along with what supps right now im kind running blind, though i am going to start on keto next week.. i tested it 2 weeks ago, but christmas break happened so i got off and decided to get on it for real when break is over.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.86%

Deadlifts own u! Don't stop deadlifts just cause your trying to cut, that makes no sence.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

oh... ok thanks
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.25%

To answer your question of if what you're doing is normal I would say no. You sound like an above average lifter with above average genetics to me. So don't complain!

16 years old, 220 with a 430 dead for reps, 450 squat and a 240 bench. WOW!

It sounds like you have a handle on what you are doing. You are doing big, compound, result producing exercises. I think that's great. A lot of teens read a few magazines and start in with the tricep kickback to full extension nonsense. Stick with the basics: squats, bench, deadlifts, rows, dips, pull-ups, etc.

You also stated that you are natural, not even using creatine. Smart kid. While I dont think creatine would hurt you it sounds like you are growing just fine on food and weights. Keep it up.

I'm going to suggest a book to you. It's called Beyond Brawn by Stuart McRobert. I wish to God I had this book when I was 16! I wouldn't have wasted so much time. Even if you aren't a hardgainer this book will keep you on the right path.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

thanks alot ill look into that.
  7. Future

Use the search and research.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is this weird?
    By fauzool in forum Weight Loss