Poll: What's your intrinsic motivation to workout?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What's your intrinsic motivation?

  1. What's your intrinsic motivation?


    Just a fun poll to see why you love to dedicate so much time to the gym.


  2. Overall health mostly, I just enjoy being fit.

    Also checked the one for attention. Not inside the gym itself, but who doesn't like to look good for the opposite sex?

    Also checked the one for "see how hard i can push my physique". I'm always looking to improve!

  3. strength, power, and being lean.
    •   
       


  4. How far I can push myself is always what I look for whether it be cutting or bulking it always amazes me at how much one can lose/gain during a period of time and the discipline thats involved in such a change.

  5. my next fight my motivation is always what if xx is training harder than me

  6. sportssssssssssss

  7. so many reasons. mainly, because i don't want to be 126 pounds again. ever.

  8. I love to push myself and test my limits
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  9. I am motivated by many reasons.

    1. To be healthy and teach my kids by example on how to eat right, lift weights and push yourself because sometimes good things don't come easy.

    2. To be a company representitive that lives the lifestyle and walks the walk and represents to the best of my ability.

    3. Stress relief and of course vanity.

  10. To have functional strength and a good physique.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  11. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Trying to fight off father time
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  12. To see how far I can push my physique / Overall health

    I also do enjoy the attention I get while working out

  13. for me, it's multiple reasons:

    i get the high postworkout - at times, it's intense...feels so good...wish i could get it on a regular basis

    attention - i may look better now than i've ever before.

    pushing my body - 1st time i deadlifted 315, or when i benched 225x6...it's just an awesome feeling.

    health - both mental (great stress relief) and physical benefits are tremendous.

  14. Stress relief...see how far I can push myself...I love experimenting with supps...the science behind all of it is quite interesting to me...

  15. strength, power

  16. Over all health, but mostly to push myself to see how far I can go. It feels great to set goals and then crush them. The gym is my release. It is the only positive way I have to let go of negative energy, anger, and stress from my day.

  17. I wanna look like a greek sculpture. Perfection is a powerful message.

  18. Couldn't vote above because it wasn't listed. I workout to let the demons out so to speak. Nothing is better (except sex) for getting rid of all your frustrations than grunting and groaning and pushing the most weight you can. Oh yeah and I love the adrenaline rush during the workout.

  19. I do it for a couple reasons

    1- overall health
    2- preventative measures for when I'm older
    3- post workout "high"
    4- enhanced sex life because my lady loves that I take control and can toss her around because of my strength and libido
    5-self confidence

  20. Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2032 View Post
    Couldn't vote above because it wasn't listed. I workout to let the demons out so to speak. Nothing is better (except sex) for getting rid of all your frustrations than grunting and groaning and pushing the most weight you can.
    This week... it's because of this. Much better and more productive than punching holes in walls...

    or people


  21. I just love to do it. And seeing how far I can push myself is a nice bonus.

  22. I'm...different!

  23. I would have to say without doubt, all the above! Can change and sway a bit depending on life circumstances. I also like that its the one area of my life I have complete an utter control of. Economy can affect your job, Women can break ya heart, people can die, all kinds of bad things can happen in life. but the condition of your body....is COMPLETELY in your hands. Its the one thing i truly control.
    but you left out the nice feeling when a chick you like digs your bod!:bruce3:

  24. I just realized a lady started the thread! no wonder that motivation was left out! lol

    God damn, im moving to Alabama.....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    I would have to say without doubt, all the above! Can change and sway a bit depending on life circumstances. I also like that its the one area of my life I have complete an utter control of. Economy can affect your job, Women can break ya heart, people can die, all kinds of bad things can happen in life. but the condition of your body....is COMPLETELY in your hands. Its the one thing i truly control.
    but you left out the nice feeling when a chick you like digs your bod!:bruce3:
    Got to say I agree with Ozzy on the controlling your body. I as a firefighter can't imagine the day when a fire happens and someone is trapped inside and I'm not able to get them out because my ass is out of shape. I can't even start to imagine the guilt I'd have.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2032 View Post
    Got to say I agree with Ozzy on the controlling your body. I as a firefighter can't imagine the day when a fire happens and someone is trapped inside and I'm not able to get them out because my ass is out of shape. I can't even start to imagine the guilt I'd have.
    And isnt it great to know thats in your hands! you control your shape, and a kilo (or pound) will always be a kilo (or a pound). the weights will never lie to you. BTW, great gladiator comment Mate, LOVE that movie. what an awesome Aussie actor too. lol

    And again....Im going to Alabama! yeeew

  27. Good catch...not too many people know what the quote is from. I get a chill down my spine everytime I watch the movie and hear him say that.

    And love the "the weights never lie" Cause to me, they don't make themselves lighter just to make you feel better, they are what they are, and if you can't lift them it just means you need to try harder.

    My fait is in my hands...it is up to me to determine my end game.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Motivation...
    By BrentD22 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 05:36 PM
  2. Motivation
    By Shane0Mac in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
  3. Motivation
    By canadianrookie in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 01:52 PM
  4. motivation....please help
    By msucurt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 04:53 AM
  5. Motivation
    By getjacked63 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Log in
Log in