training on m-1-t

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
adding volume on gear.. why?

EDIT: mainly just curious about the science behind adding volume while on gear.

Last edited:
S

size

Awards
  • Established
I would focus more on adding weight rather than adding sets.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I would focus more on adding weight rather than adding sets.
me 2.. what im trying to figure out is the science behind it all i guess.. like if your a heavy gear user.. what is the point in say doing 3-4 more sets? how would you grow more than if your doing less sets?

S

Skark

Awards
  • Established
I think the key is that while you are on you have increased recovery ability......so increase the number of times you train each body part which increases the number of growth cycles.

And of course increase the load when you hit your rep limits.....

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic steroids reverse the catabolic effect by increasing protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and they result in a positive nitrogen balance. (these are good things)

Your goal is to work as hard as possible by moving as much weight. Say you do 10 sets for chest not including warmups. By set 5-10 you are not moving as much weigh as possible b/c you are becoming fatigued. So adding more sets is just going to increase fatigue.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic steroids reverse the catabolic effect by increasing protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and they result in a positive nitrogen balance. (these are good things)

Your goal is to work as hard as possible by moving as much weight. Say you do 10 sets for chest not including warmups. By set 5-10 you are not moving as much weigh as possible b/c you are becoming fatigued. So adding more sets is just going to increase fatigue.
which is why im confused on why people increase sets! i understand the anabolic properties and the positive nitrogen balance and stuff..

S

size

Awards
  • Established
My guess, people are confused and to embarassed to ask a question and look naive.

G

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
to be honest my training has suffered while being on M-1-T, and that is mainly to do with the legarthy I am experiencing, but even though the training intensity is down, I have gained 7lbs now in 9 days time with only 10mg a day, so I am PLEASED

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
to be honest my training has suffered while being on M-1-T, and that is mainly to do with the legarthy I am experiencing, but even though the training intensity is down, I have gained 7lbs now in 9 days time with only 10mg a day, so I am PLEASED

what are your dosages? and for how long?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting for my M1T to arrive so I can start my cycle. I was planning on trying Optimized Volume Training......

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/257ovt.jsp

Do you think this would be a good idea?
looks like pure overtraining to me.. depends on your genetics really... mine couldnt handle it.. and that big in 14 weeks hahahahaha.. riiiiight.. little test and tren never hurt anyone ;)

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I simply increased weight when possible, not volume except for maybe a rep or 2 here or there. I have done GVT thought while on a cycle of 1-test/4-ad/1,4 andro and liked it :)

I

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
goes4ever,

Please don't take this as a flame, but whatever FUCKING IDIOT is reccomending these 2 week cycles of orals (I am sure to prevent too much of the so-called toxicity) is just fucking absolutely clueless about AAS use. Keep studying, and when you think of any oral, class it with any oral. And there are no orals in the world so toxic they warrant only being used for two weeks. This comes from someone that has had extensive testing done while on AAS, and specifically orals. I have NEVER spoken with someone that ACTUALLY was tested (flull blood profile) while on orals that actually thought they were very harsh on your body.

Iron Addict

B

Bryan

Awards
IA, what length of cycles do you recommend? I'm currently on a 10mg ed m1t cycle and thinking 4 weeks. Now I thought the reasoning behind the 2 week cycles was: 1)the gains come so fast and start to slow after 2 weeks(probably due to caloric intake) 2)little HPTA shutdown 3)toxicity issues(exagerated obviously)

C

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
This cycle length thing has been half beat to death. The reason for the shorter cycles is due to the strong sides experienced by many of the early users, who almost all ended their cycles early--after around two weeks. Maybe this was not the best reasoning, but it was the best data available at the time. Further, since the gains come so quickly, there was no reason to run a longer cycle and be shut down.

Regarding the toxicity issue, one member ran blood tests after a two-week cycle at 10mg and did see elevated liver values (link).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
This cycle length thing has been half beat to death. The reason for the shorter cycles is due to the strong sides experienced by many of the early users, who almost all ended their cycles early--after around two weeks. Maybe this was not the best reasoning, but it was the best data available at the time. Further, since the gains come so quickly, there was no reason to run a longer cycle and be shut down.

Regarding the toxicity issue, one member ran blood tests after a two-week cycle at 10mg and did see elevated liver values (link).
what i got from that link was that his liver values were just fine and he felt they were more from his weekend drinking than anything else..

i ran a 2 week cycle at 10mg.. i am not pleased with them myself..

C

Cogar

Awards
  • Established

what i got from that link was that his liver values were just fine and he felt they were more from his weekend drinking than anything else..

i ran a 2 week cycle at 10mg.. i am not pleased with them myself..
You may be right, but the liver values he reported:

AST - 50 normal range = 8 - 42
ALT - 126 normal range = 25 - 60

Seem to be more out of range than can be explained by having "a few cocktails the day before" (his words). Of course, "a few cocktails" to some of us is getting seriously hammered. :p

I guess I missed the point in your second paragraph. Was it your results that you were not pleased with or something else?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

You may be right, but the liver values he reported:

AST - 50 normal range = 8 - 42
ALT - 126 normal range = 25 - 60

Seem to be more out of range than can be explained by having "a few cocktails the day before" (his words). Of course, "a few cocktails" to some of us is getting seriously hammered. :p

I guess I missed the point in your second paragraph. Was it your results that you were not pleased with or something else?
ok another thing.. didnt he get the liver tests done like 1 week after he did his m-1-t?!? you have to wait a little longer than that.. just like anything else your liver can recover and to wait a week, THEN drink some cocktails! then get tests done?! yeah im sure it is somewhat out of line but even after all that his doctor did tell him that his liver values were acceptable for his age..

i meant i wasnt pleased with the two week cycle of m-1-t at only 10mg..

i agree with IA that it should be run longer.

G

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I would love to run it longer, but the lower back pain is killing me, I am taking magnesium at 1500mg a day split into three doses and 300mg of potassium into three doses, and 1500mg of calcium, split into 3 doses. But the lower back pain is more severe on M-1-T than when I was on fina, anyone got any ideas?

I

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Those liver values WILL BE elevated from weight training alone, NO GEAR. And the point is?

IA

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Those liver values WILL BE elevated from weight training alone, NO GEAR. And the point is?

IA

Iron Addict is 100% correct.

It is very normal for weight lifters to have elevated liver values simply from training. A more comprehensive liver screening is needed.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I would love to run it longer, but the lower back pain is killing me, I am taking magnesium at 1500mg a day split into three doses and 300mg of potassium into three doses, and 1500mg of calcium, split into 3 doses. But the lower back pain is more severe on M-1-T than when I was on fina, anyone got any ideas?
how long were you on till you noticed the pain.. today marks my 4th day at 20mg and everything seems fine thus far ::knocks on wood::

R

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah , get a blood test for the liver values , 2 weeks isnt much, and btw , as far as training on any androgens goes , will post what bryan haycock has to say on this topic :
"androgens dont accelerate the rate at which a cell repairs itself or builds proteins , androgens enhance the magnitude of the response ..makes sense ?
i think u will experience better results doing more sets per workout than increasing frequency ."

the man never says anything without knowing his research , so i'll take his word on this lol :) .

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah , get a blood test for the liver values , 2 weeks isnt much, and btw , as far as training on any androgens goes , will post what bryan haycock has to say on this topic :
"androgens dont accelerate the rate at which a cell repairs itself or builds proteins , androgens enhance the magnitude of the response ..makes sense ?
i think u will experience better results doing more sets per workout than increasing frequency ."

the man never says anything without knowing his research , so i'll take his word on this lol :) .
enhance the response? that doesnt sound right.. so your saying the androgens just make the muscle respond better to the workout?

I

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For a LARGE percentange of the folks out there Bryan is absolutely right. Recovery is increased SOMEWHAT, but rarely enough for a guy that needs a week to recover between bodyparts while clean to train twice a week. SOME people can do all kinds of crazy **** while on gear and grow like weeds. Even some guys that absolutely cannot do anything remotely close while clean. Again, these guys are the exeptions, not the rules. My standard advice is to do a routine you KNOW you can grow well on clean, and the gear will amplify the results. Most guys get on a cycle and think it makes 'em Ronnie Colman. Sorry, don't work like that. The above agvice of adding a few more sets is good advice and a far better approach than hitting the gym before you are REALLY ready.

Iron Addict

X

xarmyguy26

Awards
IA you said oral aas are not very toxic. What about halo, stenox to be exact? Everyone says it will destroy your liver. What about a short cycle combined with like 4ad or something? M1T and Stenox would be liver murder, I think.

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've found that 1-testosterone greatly enhances my recovery ability, to the point where I can hit every bodypart twice a week with alot of volume, and make very significant mass gains. The problem I've been running into with this approach is that my joints/tendons aren't strengthening as fast as the muscle gains happen, and I tend to destroy my joints using this approach.

C

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
For a LARGE percentange of the folks out there Bryan is absolutely right. Recovery is increased SOMEWHAT, but rarely enough for a guy that needs a week to recover between bodyparts while clean to train twice a week. SOME people can do all kinds of crazy **** while on gear and grow like weeds. Even some guys that absolutely cannot do anything remotely close while clean. Again, these guys are the exeptions, not the rules. My standard advice is to do a routine you KNOW you can grow well on clean, and the gear will amplify the results. Most guys get on a cycle and think it makes 'em Ronnie Colman. Sorry, don't work like that. The above agvice of adding a few more sets is good advice and a far better approach than hitting the gym before you are REALLY ready.

Iron Addict
Yes, you have to listen to your body and respond when it tells you it can do more (if that makes sense). ;)