flexing my bicep hurts
- 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
- 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
- 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM
the top right side of my right bicep, down under the muscle a little ways.......not to good at explanations
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
closer to my shoulder..., but close to the middle at the same time...lol
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Hmm.. hard to say. You might be overusing the anterior deltoid and causing it to pull on the tendonous attachment on your brachialis. I would lay off the arms for a short while and let the pain subside. Make sure you stretch your chest and anterior deltoid daily using the door frame. (Put your hand up about head level on a door frame or sturdy object and keep your elbow pointed to the floor. From here, step forward and turn your body away to stretch fully.) Furthermore, you are probably already overdeveloped in the bicep, so make sure to go a little lighter on the weights for biceps if you do choose to continue them, but try to build more tricep strength first. Also make sure when you are performing the curl, try externally rotating your forearms (elbows at your sides and slightly forward, palms up, hands wide) and keep your chest elevated the whole time. This will open your chest and keep your shoulders back so you don't have a tendency to "cheat" with your shoulders.
Ice would also be a good idea.
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
thats the thing, i have laid off of it for about two weeks.......thanks for your help!!
Similar Forum Threads
- By cardiobro in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
- By cg123 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-2011, 12:08 AM
- By Pleonastic in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
- By opmharley in forum AnabolicsReplies: 43Last Post: 05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
- By Irongame in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2003, 09:08 PM