Issue with Defuse: Not adding up?

1. Issue with Defuse: Not adding up?

Hello all,

I know this is my first post, etc, I assure you I am not a troll. I browse a lot but never post. I recently bought a bottle of DEFUSE after seeing good feedback about the product and starting a cut myself.

I took my first dose, but immediately noticed that each capsule felt very differently filled. Some were filled full, some barely filled at all...so I decided to see if I was just tripping or what the deal was.

The blend itself claims to be is a total of 2305mg, spread over 3 capsules. I have a gram scale that goes .000 and calibrates (was not cheap). First thing I did was empty a capsule entirely to gauge the capsule weight - the empty capsules used are 120mg. The 2305mg blend does not include the capsule weight, but that means that each capsule should weigh: 768mg active, plus 120mg for the capsule - 888mg each capsule to get the full dose claimed on the label.

I then weighed 10 of the first capsules I pulled out of the bottle. Keep in mind, they SHOULD weigh .888 each, 768mg plus the 120mg capsule housing. Here are the 10 weights, and the number in parenthesis is the weight of active with the capsule weight subtracted

855 (735)
    866 (746)
    854 (734)
    716 (596)
    825 (705)
    691 (571)
    576 (456)
    905 (785)
    869 (749)
    846 (726)

As you can see, only one of the caps contained MORE than the dose listed on the label, all the rest contained less - some within an acceptable range, but others were almost 300mg+ light from what it advertised. This brings up a few questions:

Where is this being manufactured that there is such inconsistency in the capsule fill weight?
    What are we really paying for, if 1/2 the capsules are significantly underweight and dont contain what is claimed?
    Why is rice powder listed on the ingredient label as a filler, when the caps are still underweight?

The underweight capsules concern me, as does the insane inconsistency between capsule weights. The variance is concerning.

Really not trolling, hoping to have a proper conversation and better understand why some capsules are nearly empty and some are much more full. Thanks!

Looking for answers and responses mostly, rather than vouches for the brand, I know the brand gets a lot of positive support here.

2. There is a tolerance allowance of 10%. This is built into the formulation. The capsules we weighed randomly during the production run.

The rice flour is not really a filler, it is an excipient added to ease the powder sliding through the machine and into the capsules.

The product is made at a cGMP facility.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    There is a tolerance allowance of 10%. This is built into the formulation. The capsules we weighed randomly during the production run.

The rice flour is not really a filler, it is an excipient added to ease the powder sliding through the machine and into the capsules.

The product is made at a cGMP facility.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. 10% on a 768mg is roughly 76mg variance, any idea why some varied over 300mg per capsule?

4. Can I get some more insight on this? I appreciate the reply

A lot of the caps feel empty-ish, and with the variance in weight I found, theres a chance that 3 capsules contains 1300mg or so, which is about 1000mg less than what the label is claiming to deliver?

5. I'm having the facility pull the production records for review.
    •   

6. Thanks!

I don’t see any lot number, manufacture date, or expiration date on the bottle anywhere- is there any identifying information you need (or that’s available?) in order to identify the production records you are checking?

7. And, can a product be cGMP with no manufacture date, expiration date, or lot number? I would think that some sort of identifying trait per bottle or production lot would be a requirement for cGMP?

8. Havenít weighed my caps but I have used several bottles of both the old and New defuse and they have always exceeded my expectations. Not saying youíre tolling OP but all I know is that they still definitely work.
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    Haven’t weighed my caps but I have used several bottles of both the old and New defuse and they have always exceeded my expectations. Not saying you’re tolling OP but all I know is that they still definitely work.

I wouldn't expect most people to realize. And I am not suggesting its not a good product, the formula looks good and Dsade is famous for his formulation capabilities. But, I am concerned with the quality of production to be honest. the formula looks good, but am I getting what Is listed? Maybe keep an eye out to see if your caps are varied in their fill, mine are all drastically noticeably different.

10. I find that a great deal of companies are inconsistent when it comes to how full their capsuled products are.
    There are also a few companies that are notably consistent..

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    I find that a great deal of companies are inconsistent when it comes to how full their capsuled products are.
    There are also a few companies that are notably consistent..
    Not sure what you’re trying to contribute here, but okay...

Regardless of other companies, the caps in Defuse are inconsistent and do not add up to what the label claims.

There is also no identifying lot production information, expiration date, date of manufacture, or anything else on the bottle- a bit concerning?

Also curious as to why my questions are getting ignored? Can anyone page Dsade, i see he has posted in other threads while my questions go unanswered?

Hoping to sort this out!

12. Quote Originally Posted by strive2suceed View Post
    Not sure what you’re trying to contribute here, but okay...

Regardless of other companies, the caps in Defuse are inconsistent and do not add up to what the label claims.

There is also no identifying lot production information, expiration date, date of manufacture, or anything else on the bottle- a bit concerning?

Also curious as to why my questions are getting ignored? Can anyone page Dsade, i see he has posted in other threads while my questions go unanswered?

Hoping to sort this out!
    I was just making a general statement since the topic came up. I think we all prefer and appreciate consistency in the amount of capsule contents in any product.

13. I'm awaiting a reply from the production company. With a long holiday weekend, I'm not expecting an answer until mid week.

I checked my two personal bottles and found very few that were underfilled at all.

If you want to PM me your order number, I would be happy to refund you if you are dissatisfied with your purchase.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    I was just making a general statement since the topic came up. I think we all prefer and appreciate consistency in the amount of capsule contents in any product.
    I absolutely agree. Especially with supplements. I want to know what I’m ingesting, and want to get what I’m paying for!

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I'm awaiting a reply from the production company. With a long holiday weekend, I'm not expecting an answer until mid week.

I checked my two personal bottles and found very few that were underfilled at all.

If you want to PM me your order number, I would be happy to refund you if you are dissatisfied with your purchase.
    But some were underfilled? I’d say about one out of every two of mine are nearly empty.

I appreciate the offer, but I purchased this bottle from an alternative retailer, your direct site seems sold out of almost everything always.

I assume you’ve heard back by now, a production plant should reply to quality inquiries within 4 days, i would assume?

My questions remain:
    Why so underfilled, and varied

How are you identifying bottles / production lots? What did you ask the production company for, if you can’t identiy productions lots?

15. That's fine. Let me know your retailer and order number and I will still send out a full refund. I want to make sure you're happy though it is strange that you've gone from "some capsules are underfilled" listing some weights to "one of out two are nearly empty". Seems a bit hyperbolic, especially for someone who created an account here just to make this thread.

This production guy was on vacation until yesterday, when I spoke to him. He will be pulling the production record and sending over the random sample weights. As far as this goes, since we've done a grand total of one production run of Defuse in the last 2.5 years, it's not a huge mystery.

16. Quote Originally Posted by strive2suceed View Post
    I absolutely agree. Especially with supplements. I want to know what Iím ingesting, and want to get what Iím paying for!

But some were underfilled? Iíd say about one out of every two of mine are nearly empty.

I appreciate the offer, but I purchased this bottle from an alternative retailer, your direct site seems sold out of almost everything always.

I assume youíve heard back by now, a production plant should reply to quality inquiries within 4 days, i would assume?

My questions remain:
    Why so underfilled, and varied

How are you identifying bottles / production lots? What did you ask the production company for, if you canít identiy productions lots?
    You know for a guy with a bunch of complaints about one company's product, and thats the only thing you post about. You would think it would be easy to handover to @dsade where you bought it from and your order number. But every time he ask you for it. You only comeback with more complaints and questions.
    I know I have made several purchases from him, and at times have been a pain in his @$$. But, he has ALWAYS taken care of any issues I had completely and swiftly without putting up a fuss about it.
    So either give him the info he is asking for or just take your losses and quit complaining. Your choice.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

17. @strive2suceed Nobody but you has a problem. Take this offline with @dsade please.

18. @dsade i have an issue with evomuse site when trying to make order and pay via paypal it states Invalid vendor account and does not let me complete order for 1 x Defuse which i want because i am running low on my last pot.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 08:25 AM
  2. Diet Help (Just not adding up)
    By believer87 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM
  3. whats up with the reset ad price!!!!
    By allday54 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 04:10 PM