Just One Thing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Just One Thing

Great news everybody. I was talking to @dsade about Defuse and he mentioned that he should be getting it in stock on Thursday of this week - just in time to ship for Thanksgiving! As we were talking a little more, we came up with an idea for a giveaway.

I know that I have learned A LOT from all of the members of AM. Sometimes, someone will say something on hear that will stick in my head forever. Sometimes it is game changing, sometimes it isn't game changing. Sometimes it is just that they say something you may have already known, but the way they say it gives it more meaning or perspective.

For me, the example of this is @BEAST73. He often says, "The struggle is real."

What this means to me, is that you never really "arrive". Beast73 is in great shape, and it is easy to look at him and think "He's made it". But the dieting, working out, struggling still hasn't ended for him. It never ends. He fights for it every day. And to me, this is just a concise way of pointing out a common issue with people who try to improve their health. I think we all start with this idea of, "If I just get to this weight or put on this much muscle, I will be able to relax" - but the struggle never ends. I know I started off with this mentality. But even when we get to our goals, we learn that we have to keep fighting if we want to hold onto those goals. This is motivating to me, but also a thought that is useful in planning for how to achieve a goal and what to expect.

So, if you had to pick just one thing that you've learned from a person on AM, who do you attribute it to and what was that one thing?

DSade has agreed to give away a Brite/Defuse stack (1 bottle each) to the post with the most likes. The poster and the person they attribute the lesson to will both receive this stack just in time for the holidays!

All are welcome, but here is a quick list of names that's out there to get this thread started:

@kjkitzman @hairygrandpa @Studhorse @DemntedCowboy @Tank999 @MonteRXS @TheMyth @angcd3 @FireTitan @hairygrandpa @rtmilburn @alphagainz @SFreed @CJNator @wesb2387 @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @SFreed @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @Studhorse @blueline438 @lifted67 @smith_69 @rtmilburn @FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen @justhere4comm @matt8483 @ryane87 @nostrum420 @mmorso @thebigt @Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 @TNlifting @BEAST73 @Tank999 @BloodManor @angcd3 @habajaba @mmorso @cwages @TheMyth @DemntedCowboy @lukehayd @Rocket3015 @Oconns28 @jalfrey @bloodnthunder @jtmass @Martyfnemec @THOR 70 @chemjr @kenpoengineer @GreenMachineX @LOVEtoLIFTkat

2. Definitely @Jebrook. I actually don't have just one single thing I've learned from him. Don't get me wrong, lots of guys have helped me on here since I joined a year ago. But talking to this dude about anything from SARMS to proper PCT, to plain ol nutrition. Since I've taken advice from him, I've put on 20lbs of good hard clear muscle. I just had hydrostatic weighing done this morning for my college class and calculated bf came to 11.6%. That's a 3.4%drop with a 20lb gain in a year. I can 100% say I wouldn't be near that without the help of @Jebrook. The dude simply knows what he's talking about. So thank you m8. Here's to the gains!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by coltonwalker View Post
    Definitely @Jebrook. I actually don't have just one single thing I've learned from him. Don't get me wrong, lots of guys have helped me on here since I joined a year ago. But talking to this dude about anything from SARMS to proper PCT, to plain ol nutrition. Since I've taken advice from him, I've put on 20lbs of good hard clear muscle. I just had hydrostatic weighing done this morning for my college class and calculated bf came to 11.6%. That's a 3.4%drop with a 20lb gain in a year. I can 100% say I wouldn't be near that without the help of @Jebrook. The dude simply knows what he's talking about. So thank you m8. Here's to the gains!
    Ok, so I get you have more than one thing - but if you have ONE thing that stands out, what is It? Maybe it will help others to know?

4. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Ok, so I get you have more than one thing - but if you have ONE thing that stands out, what is It? Maybe it will help others to know?
    Understandable.. Hmm. Definitely just listen to your body. Especially on cycle during training. Don't sacrifice your health just to finish a cycle of any sort. Goes for training too.

5. The most important lesson I learnt from AM is to listen to your body. There were lot of times in my very small time in training that I go overboard on either weights I train with or the way I train. I have been following a lot of threads here thanks to @SFreed for bringing me in. So, I learnt to listen to my body after following @hairygrandpa and his log. The adjustments he makes in his training made me realise how important it is to recognise, acknowledge and take action depending on how your body responds.

I am young and have a long way to go. But HGP’s lessons learnt that he shares every time gets imprinted in me. Salute you, sir! Thank You.
    •   

6. What a great idea boys!

Can I nominate the poster? If so, @HIT4ME has attributed to every forum I have created on AM when I started posting in July 2016. I was so lost in many things. He has taught me that the journeys is never over but to always trust your instincts. If it feels right then it must be. Everything can deceive but your conscience will always keep it real. He is never afraid of saying something that maybe you won’t agree with or that you want to hear. He will respond to me on the forum and then immediately DM me that he doesn’t mean to come off aggressive or a know it all, which I appreciate.

So my message to you @HIT4ME :
    “Always speak how you feel and never be sorry for being real. If you keep it real with me, I’ll respect you way more.”
    .:Share your energy where itís appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit
    RXS Supplement Athlete: Code KELSEY for 25% off at rxssupplements.com

7. I don't really like any of you guys! and have never learned one thing! LMAO just kidding brothers! I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like)
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    What a great idea boys!

Can I nominate the poster? If so, @HIT4ME has attributed to every forum I have created on AM when I started posting in July 2016. I was so lost in many things. He has taught me that the journeys is never over but to always trust your instincts. If it feels right then it must be. Everything can deceive but your conscience will always keep it real. He is never afraid of saying something that maybe you won’t agree with or that you want to hear. He will respond to me on the forum and then immediately DM me that he doesn’t mean to come off aggressive or a know it all, which I appreciate.

So my message to you @HIT4ME :
    “Always speak how you feel and never be sorry for being real. If you keep it real with me, I’ll respect you way more.”
    Haha - you can nominate me, I appreciate it, but I can't win anything! I am trying to give sh1t away here! haha.

I appreciate the sentiment. You have worked tremendously hard and you're doing great. It's easy to give thoughts - harder to give work and action. You're doing the heavy lifting and the people doing the heavy lifting are the people who motivate others.

9. I'm not entering the contest, but one thing that has stuck with me throughout the years is from the late great Snagency (RIP my friend) who taught me so many things. It's really very simple and I love to use it when I'm in a surplus mode. It's adding a little bit of heavy cream to your protein shake. The first time I tried it years ago, I was hooked! The way it just totally enhanced the protein shake was awesome!!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

10. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    I don't really like any of you guys! and have never learned one thing! LMAO just kidding brothers! I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like)
    I say that you're nominating me here because you're opening line is almost verbatim of a post I made in another thread! Lmbo! You plagiaristic jerk!

11. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I'm not entering the contest, but one thing that has stuck with me throughout the years is from the late great Snagency (RIP my friend) who taught me so many things. It's really very simple and I love to use it when I'm in a surplus mode. It's adding a little bit of heavy cream to your protein shake. The first time I tried it years ago, I was hooked! The way it just totally enhanced the protein shake was awesome!!
    You're still entered. Too bad.

12. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I say that you're nominating me here because you're opening line is almost verbatim of a post I made in another thread! Lmbo! You plagiaristic jerk!
    Plagiarism? I don't think so. I just think that great minds think alike.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Plagiarism? I don't think so. I just think that great minds think alike.
    Lmbo! If you knew even 1/8th of the stuff that goes on in my mind, you definitely wouldn't be using the word "Great" and for sure wouldn't want to be lumping yourself together with me!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

14. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I'm not entering the contest, but one thing that has stuck with me throughout the years is from the late great Snagency (RIP my friend) who taught me so many things. It's really very simple and I love to use it when I'm in a surplus mode. It's adding a little bit of heavy cream to your protein shake. The first time I tried it years ago, I was hooked! The way it just totally enhanced the protein shake was awesome!!
    i think of snags every grand slam tennis tournament...he would be pleased to know that roger Federer won 2 grands last year-really miss that guy!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

15. I have a couple guys that have made a big impact on me, but I've already seen many of their names thrown out above. One person I'll throw in is @The Solution. He's helpful in many ways, but a lesson I've learned is that you can move toward fitness goals AND enjoy life at the same time. He's eating ice cream, donuts, crazy burgers, and baking amazing desserts, all while hitting his goals in the gym and the mirror. I convinced myself early on that I had to hate life (in terms of eating, at least) to get to where I wanted. It's people like him that make me realize that with willpower, I can enjoy some of life's pleasures too. Moderation is key!
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

16. I nominate: @The_Old_Guy
    If I have to bring out 1 thing then it's his advice how to preserve muscle while injured.
    But he's also just a great resource. Willing to read through research and share it with us so we don't have to read the whole thing.

17. Some really awesome suggestions in here guys, keep them coming!

18. Wouldn't be fair to name only one. I probably would name the whole tag list. Besides OP contributed so much too. @jtmass , thank you, I'm blushing, LOL!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

19. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Wouldn't be fair to name only one. I probably would name the whole tag list. Besides OP contributed so much too. @jtmass , thank you, I'm blushing, LOL!
    Stop being a pansy. Just pick someone already.

20. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Wouldn't be fair to name only one. I probably would name the whole tag list. Besides OP contributed so much too. @jtmass , thank you, I'm blushing, LOL!
    I don’t take compliments well either. But, I did really learn from you. So, thank you!

21. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Stop being a pansy. Just pick someone already.
    @HIT4ME , be aware you pressured me to do so, I could name at least a dozen.
    @BEAST73 , I visit his log to get my daily dose of humiliation, looking at his crazy cardio sessions.
    What I learned was, he did a cut once, going low on protein, contradicting mainstream opinion on protein requirements -and pulled it off.

That was highly valuable to me, as I always suspected it may work -but never tried, out of fear losing gains.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

22. @BEAST73 is on a BULK!

23. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    @HIT4ME , be aware you pressured me to do so, I could name at least a dozen.
    @BEAST73 , I visit his log to get my daily dose of humiliation, looking at his crazy cardio sessions.
    What I learned was, he did a cut once, going low on protein, contradicting mainstream opinion on protein requirements -and pulled it off.

That was highly valuable to me, as I always suspected it may work -but never tried, out of fear losing gains.
    Awesome stuff...going against the grain is important. You never really know until you try.l it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    @BEAST73 is on a BULK!
    @Studhorse - what you got?
    @SFreed - looking forward to your entry, I know you got something.

I am surprised there aren't more entries here. Free stuff and free cheat meals!

24. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Awesome stuff...going against the grain is important. You never really know until you try.l it yourself.

@Studhorse - what you got?
    @SFreed - looking forward to your entry, I know you got something.

I am surprised there aren't more entries here. Free stuff and free cheat meals!
    I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like) @hairygrandpa has helped me quite a bit with chest exercises I can do with my bad shoulder. @yates84 has helped me for many guys at my gym with questions and suggestions that are not natty. @FireTitan keeps me motivated and took me in when I was a newbie on AM.
    as well as you brother......
    I could go on and on.

25. It's hard to nail it down to just one person! I've learned so much from you Jeff, between here, texts and a couple of marathon phone calls. Studhorse hooked me up with an HST workout when I couldn't even spell it. Hairygrandpa, Tank, Beast.......dang list just keeps growing!

If I had to nail it down to one person, it would be @MrKleen73. He's taught so many, helped so many, and I don't think he even realizes it.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. All set for summer Epi run, just one question...
    By nparisi in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 03:41 PM
  2. One thing confuses me about the "stimus"
    By bigrobbierob in forum Politics
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:58 PM
  3. Just another thing to let you guys ponder.
    By LakeMountD in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 04:29 PM
  4. If its not one thing its another
    By supersize77 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:57 PM