dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, after thinking it was specifically my store targeted, I heard from a bunch of colleagues. Paypal has locked out and frozen the accounts of almost every person with a supplement store that accepts paypal, calling them "unlicensed drugs".

This absurdity wasn't bad enough, but they have locked out thousands of dollars for an unspecified length of time, likely 180 days. This was funding that was going to buy a piece of critical equipment as well as the new batch of Clear Edge, which I put in the purchase order in for today.

Paypal has done pretty irreparable damage to us with this move, and it's going to take at least 5 days to set up an alternate payment gateway. Pretty ****ty and evil, IMO.

Merry Christmas.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BTW. They supported Trump. The CEO of PayPal

So much for supporting this industry. I think this is only the start.

Merry Christmas.

CF2

Awards
  • Established
BTW. They supported Trump. The CEO of PayPal

So much for supporting this industry. I think this is only the start.

Merry Christmas.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/10/17/paypal-founder-peter-thiels-1m-trump-donation-leads-to-boycott-c/

Thiel co-founded PayPal in the late 1990s, later merged it with Elon Musk's X.com and the company went public before it was sold to eBay for $1.5bn in 2002.

Bu as many pointed out, Thiel has not had any affiliation with PayPal for years. He left when it was sold, and eBay spun it off last year.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is even more retarded than I thought. AS a clarification they sent this:

We have recently reviewed your PayPal account activity, and determined that
you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales
/ offers of Nootropics/Brain Optimizers,
https://evolutionarymuse.com/collections/nootropics-brain-optimizers on
evolutionarymuse.com.

They literally have no clue what they are talking about, saw the word Nootropic and busted out the banhammer.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established

evolutionarymuse.com.

They literally have no clue what they are talking about, saw the word Nootropic and busted out the banhammer.
Sorry man that sucks

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Is this paypal "freeze/lockout" specifically targeted towards stores that sell nootropics or does it target any and all supplement stores including those that sell vitamins and herbs as well? Either way this is pretty messed.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

evolutionarymuse.com.

What gives them the right to lock your funds up like this? I could understand ceasing to allow further transactions, but it's totally messed up that they can in essence steal your hard earned funds in this way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What gives them the right to lock your funds up like this? I could understand ceasing to allow further transactions, but it's totally messed up that they can in essence steal your hard earned funds in this way.
"You agreed to the terms of use"

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this paypal "freeze/lockout" specifically targeted towards stores that sell nootropics or does it target any and all supplement stores including those that sell vitamins and herbs as well? Either way this is pretty messed.
From speaking to colleagues they've pretty much locked up everyone with a supplement store for one reason or another. Probably some kind of pressure, official or not, from the FDA.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Wow, thats horrible dude!

Sorry to hear that.

I find it hard to believe they can/would actually do that!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
From speaking to colleagues they've pretty much locked up everyone with a supplement store for one reason or another. Probably some kind of pressure, official or not, from the FDA.
Wow, that is f*cking retarded and very unethical. I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you will be able to recover your funds.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"You agreed to the terms of use"
PM me the terms of use. A violation of the terms of use does not give them free reign to keep your money. I'll comb through them tomorrow and get back to you.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PM me the terms of use. A violation of the terms of use does not give them free reign to keep your money. I'll comb through them tomorrow and get back to you.
Not talking about Paypal but I think they are all the same. They refer to their terms of use whenever their action might be slightly justified in them (because usually nobody reads the whole thing) and if you finally read the through then the justifications are usually so doubtful that if you question them about it, they start backtracking.
Hell, if they refer to nootropics as the reason then they should go after everyone selling supps with caffeine too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not talking about Paypal but I think they are all the same. They refer to their terms of use whenever their action might be slightly justified in them (because usually nobody reads the whole thing) and if you finally read the through then the justifications are usually so doubtful that if you question them about it, they start backtracking.
Hell, if they refer to nootropics as the reason then they should go after everyone selling supps with caffeine too.
Don't give them any ideas.