dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Formula just about completed for the Diabetic Foot and Hand cream. The cream/lotion will help restore nerve function and circulation to peripheral pain sufferers due to the very nasty effects of out-of-control diabetes.

I will definitely be looking for testers, which will be tricky. Generally I've found that those that allow their condition to worsen to the point of actually needing this badly aren't exactly the best at remembering/following doctor's instructions. My Aunt, for example, ignores all of her doctor's advice, then shows up every few months panicking because some new complication has popped up. The doctor finally refused to see her anymore, since she won't follow his treatment program anyway.

This is a decently pricey formula, so I need RELIABLE testers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18930724

Eur J Pharmacol. 2008 Dec 14;600(1-3):83-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2008.10.002. Epub 2008 Oct 9.
Preventive effect of L-carnosine on changes in the thermal nociceptive threshold in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice.
Kamei J1, Ohsawa M, Miyata S, Tanaka S.
Author information
Abstract

Sensory abnormality is one of the serious complications in diabetes. Since the effective therapeutic regimen to ameliorate the diabetic sensory abnormality is very few, the present study was then designed to investigate the effect of zinc L-carnosine on the changes of nociceptive threshold in diabetic mice. Zinc L-carnosine (75-300 mg/kg, p.o.) was administered once daily from 1 day after streptozotocin treatment. Diabetic mice showed shorter tail-flick latency at 1-4 weeks after streptozotocin treatment and longer tail-flick latency at 6-9 weeks after its treatment. The shortened tail-flick latency in early stage of diabetic mice was ameliorated by treatment with zinc L-carnosine. Moreover, zinc L-carnosine also slowed the onset of hypoalgesia in diabetic mice. Tail-flick latency in non-diabetic mice was not affected by the zinc L-carnosine treatment, indicating that zinc L-carnosine did not affect normal nociceptive transmission. Moreover, L-carnosine, but not zinc sulfate, ameliorated the abnormal sensory perception in diabetic mice. Interestingly, the ameliorative effect of zinc l-carnosine on the abnormal sensory perception in diabetic mice is much stronger than that of L-carnosine. These results provide the evidence of the ameliorative potential of zinc L-carnosine on the progressive diabetic neuropathy. Moreover, L-carnosine combined with zinc shows more potent amelioration of abnormal sensory perception in diabetic mice than by itself.

PMID:

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
The study seems specific to diabetic neuropathy. My dad has peripheral neuropathy, but not diabetic. He's tried multiple therapies with slight to no improvement. If this applies to non-diabetics, I'd love to help him log it for you!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The study seems specific to diabetic neuropathy. My dad has peripheral neuropathy, but not diabetic. He's tried multiple therapies with slight to no improvement. If this applies to non-diabetics, I'd love to help him log it for you!
Depending on the cause, yes it works for most peripheral neuropathies.

J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008 Feb;67(2):93-104. doi: 10.1097/nen.0b013e3181630bb8.
Enhancement of cutaneous nerve regeneration by 4-methylcatechol in resiniferatoxin-induced neuropathy.
Hsieh YL1, Chiang H, Tseng TJ, Hsieh ST.
Author information
Abstract

To generate an experimental neuropathy model in which small-diameter sensory nerves are specifically affected and to test a potential treatment, adult mice were given a single injection (50 microg/kg, i.p.) of the capsaicin analog resiniferatoxin (RTX). On Day 7 after RTX treatment, there was a 53% reduction in unmyelinated nerve density in the medial plantar nerve (p = 0.0067) and a 66% reduction in epidermal nerve density of hind paw skin (p = 0.0004) compared with vehicle-treated controls. Substance P-immunoreactive dorsal root ganglion neurons were also markedly depleted (p = 0.0001). These effects were associated with the functional deficit of prolonged withdrawal latencies to heat stimuli (p = 0.0007) on a hot plate test. The potential therapeutic effects of 4-methylcatechol (4MC) on this neuropathy were then tested by daily injections of 4MC (10 microg/kg, i.p.) from Days 7 to 35 after neuropathy induction. On Day 35, 4MC-treated mice had an increase in unmyelinated (p = 0.014) and epidermal nerve (p = 0.0013) densities and a reduction in thermal withdrawal latency (p = 0.0091) compared with RTX-only controls. These results indicate that 4MC promoted regeneration of unmyelinated nerves in experimental RTX-induced neuropathy and enhanced function.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arthritis-related, but has a very potent effect on inflammatory markers which are prominent in peripheral neuropathies.

Nutrition. 2016 Sep;32(9):955-64. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2016.02.009. Epub 2016 Mar 8.
Amelioration of FCA induced arthritis on topical application of curcumin in combination with emu oil.
Jeengar MK1, Shrivastava S1, Mouli Veeravalli SC2, Naidu VG3, Sistla R4.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

The aim of the present study was to investigate the skin penetration potential of emu oil and the possibility of enhancing the antiarthritic potential of lipophilic bioactive curcumin, which has poor permeability through biological membranes.
METHODS:

Solubility and ex vivo skin permeation studies were performed with water, corn oil, and emu oil as a vehicle using curcumin as a model drug. Carrageenan induced inflammation and Freund's complete adjuvant-induced arthritic rat models were used to evaluate enhanced antiinflammatory and antiarthritic effect of curcumin in combination of emu oil via topical route.
RESULTS:

The skin permeation study resulted in the combination of emu oil with curcumin enhancing the flux 1.84 and 4.25 times through the rat skin compared to corn oil and water, respectively. Results of carrageenan induced rat paw edema model demonstrated that percentage of paw inhibition shown by curcumin-emu oil combination was 1.42-fold more compared to the total effect shown by both groups treated with curcumin aqueous suspension and emu oil per se. In Freund's complete adjuvant-induced arthritic model, the combined treatment was effective in bringing significant changes in the functional, biochemical, histopathologic, and radiologic parameters. Topical application of curcumin-emu oil combination resulted in significant reduced levels of proinflammatory mediators TNF-α, IL-1 β, and IL-6 (P < 0.05, 0.001, and 0.01, respectively) compared to arthritic animals.
CONCLUSION:

Topical delivery of curcumin with emu oil holds promise as a noninvasive and efficacious intervention for the treatment of inflammatory arthritis and it assists in further development of a topical formulation of curcumin using emu oil as a vehicle.

Copyright © 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
KEYWORDS:

Adjuvant induced arthritis; Curcumin; Cytokines; Emu oil; Inflammation; Topical application

PMID: