dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I first ran across PLCAR in 2004, and it was extremely exciting. ALCAR was hugely popular, but most definitely had more pronounced effects in the brain, while I was looking for a whole body energizer/fat burning enhancer.

I was with Bulk Nutrition at the time, building their bulk powder division and I really should have gone ahead and released it as a single ingredient - but I didn't. I decided to release it first through the original Clear Edge. Either way, I was still on top of my confidence after having successfully debuted Alpha-Yohimbine to the market, and having the Sesamin custom manufactured, thus helping introduce the bodybuilding community to PPAR manipulation. Today, we're going to review a small part of my compilation of studies on PLCAR. You can probably guess that there is a reason for this....

1)Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Nov;1033:79-91.
Therapeutic effects of L-carnitine and propionyl-L-carnitine on cardiovascular diseases: a review.
Ferrari R1, Merli E, Cicchitelli G, Mele D, Fucili A, Ceconi C.
Author information
Abstract

Several experimental studies have shown that levocarnitine reduces myocardial injury after ischemia and reperfusion by counteracting the toxic effect of high levels of free fatty acids, which occur in ischemia, and by improving carbohydrate metabolism. In addition to increasing the rate of fatty acid transport into mitochondria, levocarnitine reduces the intramitochondrial ratio of acetyl-CoA to free CoA, thus stimulating the activity of pyruvate dehydrogenase and increasing the oxidation of pyruvate. Supplementation of the myocardium with levocarnitine results in an increased tissue carnitine content, a prevention of the loss of high-energy phosphate stores, ischemic injury, and improved heart recovery on reperfusion. Clinically, levocarnitine has been shown to have anti-ischemic properties. In small short-term studies, levocarnitine acts as an antianginal agent that reduces ST segment depression and left ventricular end-diastolic pressure. These short-term studies also show that levocarnitine releases the lactate of coronary artery disease patients subjected to either exercise testing or atrial pacing. These cardioprotective effects have been confirmed during aortocoronary bypass grafting and acute myocardial infarction. In a randomized multicenter trial performed on 472 patients, levocarnitine treatment (9 g/day by intravenous infusion for 5 initial days and 6 g/day orally for the next 12 months), when initiated early after acute myocardial infarction, attenuated left ventricular dilatation and prevented ventricular remodeling. In treated patients, there was a trend towards a reduction in the combined incidence of death and CHF after discharge. Levocarnitine could improve ischemia and reperfusion by (1) preventing the accumulation of long-chain acyl-CoA, which facilitates the production of free radicals by damaged mitochondria; (2) improving repair mechanisms for oxidative-induced damage to membrane phospholipids; (3) inhibiting malignancy arrhythmias because of accumulation within the myocardium of long-chain acyl-CoA; and (4) reducing the ischemia-induced apoptosis and the consequent remodeling of the left ventricle. Propionyl-L-carnitine is a carnitine derivative that has a high affinity for muscular carnitine transferase, and it increases cellular carnitine content, thereby allowing free fatty acid transport into the mitochondria. Moreover, propionyl-L-carnitine stimulates a better efficiency of the Krebs cycle during hypoxia by providing it with a very easily usable substrate, propionate, which is rapidly transformed into succinate without energy consumption (anaplerotic pathway). Alone, propionate cannot be administered to patients in view of its toxicity. The results of phase-2 studies in chronic heart failure patients showed that long-term oral treatment with propionyl-L-carnitine improves maximum exercise duration and maximum oxygen consumption over placebo and indicated a specific propionyl-L-carnitine effect on peripheral muscle metabolism. A multicenter trial on 537 patients showed that propionyl-L-carnitine improves exercise capacity in patients with heart failure, but preserved cardiac function.

PMID:

This one gave me a raging boner, and was the first indication that I was onto something fantastic for fitness, fat loss, and performance. Provides a very important KREBS intermediate, Propionate, whiich is difficult to get from any other compounds, and which is then (without energy cost) converted to succinate, another vital KREBS intermediate.

2)J Vasc Surg. 1999 Jun;29(6):1097-103.
Propionyl-L-carnitine dilates human subcutaneous arteries through an endothelium-dependent mechanism.

Cipolla MJ1, Nicoloff A, Rebello T, Amato A, Porter JM.
Author information
Abstract
PURPOSE:

The vasoactive effects of propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC) on human arteries, including endothelial and smooth muscle cell influences, were studied.
METHODS:

Small (less than 200 microm) subcutaneous fat arteries (n = 19), obtained from human patients undergoing vascular surgery, were dissected and mounted in an arteriograph system that allowed measurement of lumen diameter and control of transmural pressure. To investigate the role of the endothelium, arteries were compared intact, intact and in the presence of either 0.3 mmol/L nitro-L-arginine (an inhibitor of nitric oxide synthesis) or 10 micromol/L indomethacin (an inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis), or denuded of endothelium. After a 1-hour equilibration at a pressure of 50 mm Hg, arteries were precontracted 50% with an intermediate concentration of norepinephrine, and clinically relevant concentrations of PLC (0.1 to 100 micromol/L) were cumulatively added to the bath while the lumen diameter was continually measured.
RESULTS:

Intact arteries dose-dependently dilated to PLC, with the half maximal dilation occurring at 2.9 +/- 1.2 micromol/L, increasing diameter 91% +/- 5% at 100 micromol/L. In contrast, PLC had significantly less effect on deendothelialized arteries, increasing diameter only 24% +/- 11% at 100 micromol/L (P <.01 vs. intact). This indicates the endothelial dependency of this compound. Blockade of nitric oxide did not inhibit this vasodilation, with the half-maximal response occurring at 8.6 +/- 7 micromol/L, increasing diameter 85% +/- 8% at 100 micromol/L ( P >.05 vs. intact). However, this vasodilation was significantly diminished in the presence of indomethacin, which dilated arteries only 53% +/- 18% at 100 micromol/L (P <.01 vs. intact; P >.05 vs. denuded).
CONCLUSION:

PLC is an endothelium-dependent vasodilator, the mechanism of which is partially mediated by prostaglandin synthesis, not nitric oxide. The beneficial effects of this compound may, in part, be related to vasodilation and enhanced blood flow.

PMID:

3) Am J Physiol. 1997 Apr;272(4 Pt 2):H1615-24.
Control of oxidative metabolism in volume-overloaded rat hearts: effect of propionyl-L-carnitine.

El Alaoui-Talibi Z1, Guendouz A, Moravec M, Moravec J.
Author information
Abstract

The objective of the present work was the assessment of metabolic events responsible for the improvement of hemodynamic function of volume-overloaded hearts from rats receiving propionyl-L-carnitine. A severe cardiac hypertrophy was induced in 2-mo-old rats by surgical opening of an aortocaval communication. Three months later, during in vitro perfusions with 1.2 mM palmitate, 11 mM glucose, and 10 IU/l insulin, the mechanical performance and overall energy turnover (myocardial O2 consumption) of hypertrophied rat hearts were significantly decreased under conditions of moderate and high workloads. These changes in cardiac energetics paralleled the decrease in total tissue carnitine content and alterations in exogenous palmitate oxidation. The oxidative utilization of glucose was also slightly depressed in volume-overloaded hearts while steady-state glycolysis rates increased, especially in hearts subjected to high mechanical loads. This slowing of metabolic pathways involved in acetyl-CoA generation resulted in decreased NADH availability and in an apparent substrate limitation of oxidative phosphorylation suggested by a failure of cytosolic unbound ADP to drive respiration. Long-term administration of propionyl-L-carnitine normalized the degree of reduction of mitochondrial pyridine nucleotides and improved the kinetics of mitochondrial ATP production in volume-overloaded hearts. The resulting acceleration of energy turnover was essentially related to improved oxidative utilization of glucose, but steady-state palmitate oxidation rates also increased in severely hypertrophied hearts. This concomitant acceleration of glucose and palmitate oxidation may be related to the particular experimental conditions (high exogenous palmitate concentrations, elevated workloads) used in this study. We assume that the increase in intracellular carnitine, together with a stimulation of acetyl-CoA demands related to high workloads, creates conditions that are compatible with the simultaneous relief of pyruvate dehydrogenase and carnitine palmitoyltransferase I. The resulting increase in the rate of steady-state ATP production improves, in turn, the mechanical activity of volume-overloaded hearts.

PMID:

4)
Basic Res Cardiol. 2000 Apr;95(2):75-83.
Regulation by carnitine of myocardial fatty acid and carbohydrate metabolism under normal and pathological conditions.

Calvani M1, Reda E, Arrigoni-Martelli E.
Author information
Abstract

This review focuses on the regulation of myocardial fatty acids and glucose metabolism in physiological and pathological conditions, and the role of L-carnitine and of its derivative, propionyl-L-carnitine. Fatty acids are the major oxidation fuel for the heart, while glucose and lactate provide the remaining need. Fatty acids in cytoplasm are transformed to long-chain acyl-CoA and transferred into the mitochondrial matrix by the action of three carnitine dependent enzymes to produce acetyl-CoA through the beta-oxidation pathway. Another source of mitochondrial acetyl-CoA is from the oxidation of carbohydrates. The pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) complex, the key irreversible rate limiting step in carbohydrate oxidation, is modulated by the intra-mitochondrial ratio acetyl-CoA/CoA. An increased ratio results in the inhibition of PDH activity. A decreased ratio can relieve the inhibition of PDH as shown by the transfer of acetyl groups from acetyl-CoA to carnitine, forming acetylcarnitine, a reaction catalyzed by carnitine acetyl-transferase. This activity of L-carnitine in the modulation of the intramitochondrial acetyl-CoA/CoA ratio affects glucose oxidation. Myocardial substrate metabolism during ischemia is dependent upon the severity of ischemia. A very severe reduction of blood flow causes a decrease of substrate flux through PDH. When perfusion is only partially reduced there is an increase in the rate of glycolysis and a switch from lactate uptake to lactate production. Tissue levels of acyl-CoA and long-chain acylcarnitine increase with important functional consequences on cell membranes. During reperfusion fatty acid oxidation quickly recovers as the prevailing source of energy, while pyruvate oxidation is inhibited. A considerable body of experimental evidence suggests that L-carnitine exert a protective effect in in vitro and in vivo models of heart ischemia and hypertrophy. Clinical trials confirm these beneficial effects although controversial results are observed. The actions of L-carnitine and propionyl-L-carnitine cannot be explained as exclusively dependent on the stimulation of fatty acid oxidation but rather on a marked increase in glucose oxidation, via a relief of PDH inhibition caused by the elevated acetyl-CoA/CoA ratio. Enhanced pyruvate flux through PDH is beneficial for the cardiac cells since less pyruvate is converted to lactate, a metabolic step resulting in the acidification of the intracellular compartment. In addition, L-carnitine decreases tissue levels of acyl moieties, a mechanism particularly important in the ischemic phase.

PMID:

5)Vasc Med. 1997;2(2):77-81.
Carnitines increase plasma levels of adenosine and ATP in humans.

Capecchi PL1, Laghi Pasini F, Quartarolo E, Di Perri T.
Author information
Abstract

In order to help to clarify the mode of action of carnitine derivatives, plasma levels of adenosine, ATP and inosine were evaluated following the infusion of 0.75, 0.50 and 0.25 mg/kg/min propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC) for 30 min in patients affected with peripheral arterial disease. Moreover, the effects of 0.75 mg/kg/min acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) and L-carnitine (LC) were studied in the same conditions. Finally, the activity of 7.5 mg/kg/min PLC administered for 3 min was also evaluated. PLC and ALC produced a significant increase in plasma levels of adenosine and ATP, whereas LC induced less relevant changes. The administration of the compounds did not affect the adenosine/inosine ratio. Peak plasma levels of adenosine preceded in any case those of ATP. The possibility can be suggested that the pharmacological activity of PLC, ALC, and LC may be mediated, at least in part, by an interference with the endogenous purine system. Since these effects may be related to physiological mechanisms of tissue protection, new pharmacological perspectives for the compounds may arise.

PMID:

6)

Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Nov;1033:79-91.
Therapeutic effects of L-carnitine and propionyl-L-carnitine on cardiovascular diseases: a review.

Ferrari R1, Merli E, Cicchitelli G, Mele D, Fucili A, Ceconi C.
Author information
Abstract

Several experimental studies have shown that levocarnitine reduces myocardial injury after ischemia and reperfusion by counteracting the toxic effect of high levels of free fatty acids, which occur in ischemia, and by improving carbohydrate metabolism. In addition to increasing the rate of fatty acid transport into mitochondria, levocarnitine reduces the intramitochondrial ratio of acetyl-CoA to free CoA, thus stimulating the activity of pyruvate dehydrogenase and increasing the oxidation of pyruvate. Supplementation of the myocardium with levocarnitine results in an increased tissue carnitine content, a prevention of the loss of high-energy phosphate stores, ischemic injury, and improved heart recovery on reperfusion. Clinically, levocarnitine has been shown to have anti-ischemic properties. In small short-term studies, levocarnitine acts as an antianginal agent that reduces ST segment depression and left ventricular end-diastolic pressure. These short-term studies also show that levocarnitine releases the lactate of coronary artery disease patients subjected to either exercise testing or atrial pacing. These cardioprotective effects have been confirmed during aortocoronary bypass grafting and acute myocardial infarction. In a randomized multicenter trial performed on 472 patients, levocarnitine treatment (9 g/day by intravenous infusion for 5 initial days and 6 g/day orally for the next 12 months), when initiated early after acute myocardial infarction, attenuated left ventricular dilatation and prevented ventricular remodeling. In treated patients, there was a trend towards a reduction in the combined incidence of death and CHF after discharge. Levocarnitine could improve ischemia and reperfusion by (1) preventing the accumulation of long-chain acyl-CoA, which facilitates the production of free radicals by damaged mitochondria; (2) improving repair mechanisms for oxidative-induced damage to membrane phospholipids; (3) inhibiting malignancy arrhythmias because of accumulation within the myocardium of long-chain acyl-CoA; and (4) reducing the ischemia-induced apoptosis and the consequent remodeling of the left ventricle.

(spacing for emphasis) Propionyl-L-carnitine is a carnitine derivative that has a high affinity for muscular carnitine transferase, and it increases cellular carnitine content, thereby allowing free fatty acid transport into the mitochondria. Moreover, propionyl-L-carnitine stimulates a better efficiency of the Krebs cycle during hypoxia by providing it with a very easily usable substrate, propionate, which is rapidly transformed into succinate without energy consumption (anaplerotic pathway). Alone, propionate cannot be administered to patients in view of its toxicity. The results of phase-2 studies in chronic heart failure patients showed that long-term oral treatment with propionyl-L-carnitine improves maximum exercise duration and maximum oxygen consumption over placebo and indicated a specific propionyl-L-carnitine effect on peripheral muscle metabolism. A multicenter trial on 537 patients showed that propionyl-L-carnitine improves exercise capacity in patients with heart failure, but preserved cardiac function.

PMID:

That's it for now....these go on for days. Can anyone guess why I'm posting my 13 year old work?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reactions: CF2

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Hit me up when it gets released for your free bottle.
Thanks!

I tried to write something flowery but just gave up. But bottom line is it's cool a PWO that's been held off until it can distance itself from the competition will benefit in such a way as through your being in the industry as long as you have.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Demolish will be capped? Wow....I feel like I haven't seen a good capped pwo in awhile. Subbed.
Capped?

No.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Capped?

No.
Oops. For some reason seeing the word "bottle" made me think capped. (sort of like how I think tub = powder). Also, if possible, I beg of you....please put out something orange flavored. Of course, depending on profile, I'll probably end up trying it regardless.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oops. For some reason seeing the word "bottle" made me think capped. (sort of like how I think tub = powder). Also, if possible, I beg of you....please put out something orange flavored. Of course, depending on profile, I'll probably end up trying it regardless.
Everything I've out out so far has been orange flavored (well, Orange-Pineapple).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everything I've out out so far has been orange flavored (well, Orange-Pineapple).
Oh good point. I got so used to begging for orange flavored stuff to companies that I forgot where I was posting. Hehe.

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
Very much looking forward to Demolish.... But maybe even more to the clear edge beta. Definitely will be ordering when it is released.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very much looking forward to Demolish.... But maybe even more to the clear edge beta. Definitely will be ordering when it is released.
I have seriously gotten close to 40 messages asking me to post the presale now. Now you all know that I don't release crap, and I have been dialing this in for years, but it just seems strange to want to preorder something without knowing the formula.

But in the end it's your call. I guess I will go ahead and offer the presale now.

BTW, you will need to sign a contract that anything invented, created, etc while working after taking Clear Edge has to split 50/50 with me.

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
I have seriously gotten close to 40 messages asking me to post the presale now. Now you all know that I don't release crap, and I have been dialing this in for years, but it just seems strange to want to preorder something without knowing the formula.

But in the end it's your call. I guess I will go ahead and offer the presale now.

BTW, you will need to sign a contract that anything invented, created, etc while working after taking Clear Edge has to split 50/50 with me.
Not gonna lie, I always like knowing the formula, and really appreciate your detailed write ups. Because of your track record though I'd probably be willing to make an exception and order this sight unseen... Now about the 50/50 deal....i dunno ;-)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not gonna lie, I always like knowing the formula, and really appreciate your detailed write ups. Because of your track record though I'd probably be willing to make an exception and order this sight unseen... Now about the 50/50 deal....i dunno ;-)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will the betas have an ingredient label on them?
Actually, they should be fully labeled. I'm going to go ahead and put in the print order. I just need to know how many caps the dosage will fit in. Pretty sure it will be a 4 cap serving, so 240 caps per bottle.

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
Ok, Good. I am willing to purchase sight unseen, but wouldn't want to actually take them without knowing the ingredients.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's one ingredient that requires a cyclodextrin complex and it looks like my partner called it a night before he answered my questions about lead time and price.

Let me go ahead and post as much as I'm comfortable posting.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Will this be a non stim pre workout? I need something like that because I have high bp

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The time has come...