dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Writeup: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/265769-evomuse-glycomyx-writeup.html

GlycoMyx, a proprietary blend of High-Anthocyanin Purple Sweet Potato Powder, Gluten-Free Oat Powder, and Konjac Fiber (glucomannan), is a fantastic, mild tasting, low glycemic, anti-oxidant/Anti-Inflammatory, fat burning carbohydrate source.

Let me post up the macros. The product availability took me by surprise, as it wasn't scheduled for months, but I will have betas for sale from the Shopify site here shortly.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Released today:

J Nutr. 2015 Apr;145(4):742-8. doi: 10.3945/jn.114.205674. Epub 2015 Feb 4.
Purified anthocyanin supplementation reduces dyslipidemia, enhances antioxidant capacity, and prevents insulin resistance in diabetic patients.
Li D1, Zhang Y2, Liu Y1, Sun R1, Xia M3.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Oxidative stress plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes. Anthocyanin, a natural antioxidant, has been reported to reduce oxidative stress and to attenuate insulin resistance and diabetes in animal models; however, the translation of these observations to humans has not been fully tested.
OBJECTIVE:

This study was designed to investigate the effects of purified anthocyanins on dyslipidemia, oxidative status, and insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes.
METHODS:

A total of 58 diabetic patients were given 160 mg of anthocyanins twice daily or placebo (n = 29/group) for 24 wk in a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial. Participants and investigators were masked to treatment allocation.
RESULTS:

Anthocyanin supplementation significantly decreased serum LDL cholesterol (by 7.9%; P < 0.05), triglycerides (by 23.0%; P < 0.01), apolipoprotein (apo) B-48 (by 16.5%; P < 0.05), and apo C-III (by 11.0%; P < 0.01) and increased HDL cholesterol (by 19.4%; P < 0.05) compared with placebo after the 24-wk intervention. In addition, patients in the anthocyanin group showed higher total radical-trapping antioxidant parameter and ferric ion reducing antioxidant power values than did patients in the placebo group (both P < 0.05). Serum concentrations of 8-iso-prostaglandin F2α, 13-hydroxyoctadecadienoic acid, and carbonylated proteins in patients in the anthocyanin group were significantly less than in patients in the placebo group (23.4%, 25.8%; P < 0.01 and 20%; P = 0.022, respectively). Furthermore, supplementation with anthocyanin lowered fasting plasma glucose (by 8.5%; P < 0.05) and homeostasis model assessment for insulin resistance index (by 13%; P < 0.05), and elevated serum adiponectin (by 23.4%; P < 0.01) and β-hydroxybutyrate (by 42.4%; P = 0.01) concentrations compared with placebo supplementation.
CONCLUSION:

These findings demonstrate that anthocyanin supplementation exerts beneficial metabolic effects in subjects with type 2 diabetes by improving dyslipidemia, enhancing antioxidant capacity, and preventing insulin resistance. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT02317211.

© 2015 American Society for Nutrition.

J Med Food. 2011 Oct;14(10):1097-106. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2010.1450. Epub 2011 Aug 23.
Anti-obesity and antioxidative effects of purple sweet potato extract in 3T3-L1 adipocytes in vitro.
Ju JH1, Yoon HS, Park HJ, Kim MY, Shin HK, Park KY, Yang JO, Sohn MS, Do MS.
Author information
Abstract

The purpose of the current study was to determine the anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory effects of an extract of purple sweet potatoes (PSPs) on 3T3-L1 adipocytes. For this purpose, differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes were treated with a PSP extract at concentrations of 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 μg/mL for 24 hours. Then, we measured the changes in the sizes of the adipocytes, the secretion of leptin, and the mRNA/protein expression of lipogenic, inflammatory, and lipolytic factors after the treatment with the PSP extract. The PSP extract diminished leptin secretion, indicating that growth of fat droplets was suppressed. The extract also suppressed the expression of mRNAs of lipogenic and inflammatory factors and promoted lipolytic action. The antioxidative activity of the PSP extract was also measured using three different in vitro methods: 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl free radical scavenging activity, ferric reducing ability potential assay, and chelating activity of transition metal ions. Taken together, our study shows that PSP extract has antilipogenic, anti-inflammatory, and lipolytic effects on adipocytes and has radical scavenging and reducing activity.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dsade

how many servings are there in the 2lb container..?
How many carbs..?
How many calories..?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dsade

how many servings are there in the 2lb container..?
How many carbs..?
How many calories..?
Would like to know the same? Looks like a great formula btw, just need to see if it fits my regimen

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's a shot of the old retail label. Same specs here.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also when is myo elite coming? I saw the fb has a post last week saying soon... i need that and a topical burner and ill be straight!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still no HICA to be found.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When will this be back in stock?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When will this be back in stock?
I can do custom packs of it, but I got absolutely BOMBED with orders first time around. Still debating the final disposition of the material in LA - a lot depends on that new stim for the preworkout.

Just shoot me a PM if you want some of it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can do custom packs of it, but I got absolutely BOMBED with orders first time around. Still debating the final disposition of the material in LA - a lot depends on that new stim for the preworkout.

Checkout my review i did in a minilog i started, its in the logs section. I am very pleased with glycomyx. Great product. Im going to review slintensity next in the same log.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Checkout my review i did in a minilog i started, its in the logs section. I am very pleased with glycomyx. Great product. Im going to review slintensity next in the same log.
Do you have a link?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

YGPM.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I need to so some logs to get attention. This is the most badass carb product on the market

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did like this stuff in the past, went through quite a few tubs.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I need to so some logs to get attention. This is the most badass carb product on the market
Bro it really is tho! Such a good profile, pumps are wild and the health and weight control/loss benefits make it a crazy good product. Im a big supporter of whole foods.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been on my phone...it's a bit temperamental, minus the "tempera" part.
Mine must be acting up too, because I've sent you another PM today and I'm not getting email notifications on any subscribed threads anymore. WTF.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Received my glycomyx yesterday. Thanks De Sade.
What's the max amount one can tolerate at each meal of this? I need to increase my carb intake and feel like this is an easy way to do that.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Received my glycomyx yesterday. Thanks De Sade.
What's the max amount one can tolerate at each meal of this? I need to increase my carb intake and feel like this is an easy way to do that.
I've only gone as high as 2 scoops in a serving. It thickens up pretty quick. If you're cooking or baking with it, that's different.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive done up to two as well. When i did i found myself using a tall shaker cup. And after drinking some kept adding more water to thin it out.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good deal. I'll try 2 scoops tomorrow. That's about as high as I'd need to go anyway per meal. I used to just use 25g of baby oatmeal powder and that really thickened up quick lol.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Good deal. I'll try 2 scoops tomorrow. That's about as high as I'd need to go anyway per meal. I used to just use 25g of baby oatmeal powder and that really thickened up quick lol.
how will you be using this? Pre or Peri?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive done up to two as well. When i did i found myself using a tall shaker cup. And after drinking some kept adding more water to thin it out.
There is no spoon.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe I'll use a scoop post workout too.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
awesome man looking forward to your feedback!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre and for breakfast. I'll only use 1 scoop pre though so I don't get a insulin crash during my workout.
VERY slow release for GlycoMyx, and I love the vasodilation enhancing effects preworkout.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
VERY slow release for GlycoMyx, and I love the vasodilation enhancing effects preworkout.
Excellent. It'll also be interesting to see how it helps my actual work performance. My job is very labor intensive and when cutting or recomping, I burn out too quickly.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm loving this stuff. Easily digestible and definitely low GI. I can't typically do any carbs by themselves or I get sluggish, but I'm taking about 40g before my workouts and its great. I've noticed when using it for breakfast, my work performance is drastically improved. I don't run out of gas the way the other guys I work with do. I can't comment on pumps or vascularity due to being using another specific product for that, but I ran out on Thursday so next week it'll be glycomyx and MyoElite only preworkout.

De Sade, please keep this in stock forever lol.

edsmithers

Awards
Loved this stuff a couple years back. Where can I buy it now?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loved this stuff a couple years back. Where can I buy it now?
Matt did have a small amount of a beta version up on the EvoMuse shopify page, but that's sold out. I remember him saying he had access to a large amount, but would have to take care of driving to pick it up and get it back to the warehouse and I'm not positive, but I don't think that came to fruition. Sadly, it's just not a product that caught on and it also isn't one that makes money (not that that would keep Matt from releasing it -- you know that much).

So I'm not sure if we'll have more or not. I'd wager that down the road if all the other products keep having success and allow revenue to do that as more of a "for our customers" knowing it won't be a profit-maker, we may see it again.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Matt did have a small amount of a beta version up on the EvoMuse shopify page, but that's sold out. I remember him saying he had access to a large amount, but would have to take care of driving to pick it up and get it back to the warehouse and I'm not positive, but I don't think that came to fruition. Sadly, it's just not a product that caught on and it also isn't one that makes money (not that that would keep Matt from releasing it -- you know that much).

So I'm not sure if we'll have more or not. I'd wager that down the road if all the other products keep having success and allow revenue to do that as more of a "for our customers" knowing it won't be a profit-maker, we may see it again.
This really sucks.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. I dont know why it wouldnt catch on, its some great stuff
Majority of people are cheap. You'll find a lot of the exception here.

With the ability to grind oats, buy oat powder, etc., it's just hard for people to buy it and plus, the shipping because of weight is what kills Matt on his end. So you either eat the cost or end up raising the price, which then eliminates most customers and then you're moving product very slowly (and since he isn't a big company, that means less revenue streams for new projects -- and you know how much stuff he already has lined up in the pipeline lol).

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Majority of people are cheap. You'll find a lot of the exception here.

With the ability to grind oats, buy oat powder, etc., it's just hard for people to buy it and plus, the shipping because of weight is what kills Matt on his end. So you either eat the cost or end up raising the price, which then eliminates most customers and then you're moving product very slowly (and since he isn't a big company, that means less revenue streams for new projects -- and you know how much stuff he already has lined up in the pipeline lol).
Makes alot of sense. I can definitely understand. I have a good amount still and will ration it out. I really like the pumps i get. Since i prioritize sweet potato and oats as my main carb sources, it fits perfectly. Especially on the go

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Makes alot of sense. I can definitely understand. I have a good amount still and will ration it out. I really like the pumps i get. Since i prioritize sweet potato and oats as my main carb sources, it fits perfectly. Especially on the go
Exactly. But also most carb powders I've tried either thicken up too quick or taste like @$$. Glycomyx is perfect all around.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed 100%, guys.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone know where to get more of this? I'm on my last 2lb pouch!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know where to get more of this? I'm on my last 2lb pouch!
That was quick.

I have a couple of projects ahead of this for the blender, but I should have some ready in a week. Let me know how many you want. The pouch was ok?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That was quick.

I have a couple of projects ahead of this for the blender, but I should have some ready in a week. Let me know how many you want. The pouch was ok?
Lol yeah, I'm using 2 scoops at least a day and I love it. Ten pouches would be great for now, but you can plan on me to continuously keep buying this stuff. The pouches are fine, I just dump it in the first real tub you sent me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. I'll give you a good deal on 10 and free shipping.

dafeesh34

Awards
That was quick.

Will you make an announcement either here or on FB when it's available? Been wanting to try this for awhile.