dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After seeing another company creeping close to an idea I've been working on, I decided to go ahead and release this.

Simple design, excellent execution!

MyoPeptide protein will start out with Strawberry-Coconut Smoothie. It will be a sucralose-sweetened strawberry 80% Whey Concentrate, with a special Coconut
Milk powder and Yogurt powder.

The result is a delicious shake with te test boosting power of Coconut Oil.

Macros coming later this week.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds awesome! I don't mind a small hint of coconut but not too much. How strong is the coconut flavor?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Coconut flavor is very mild.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
lets get to it cant wait to get my hands on some

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see this coming to fruition!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went ahead and tried the Honeydew-Cantaloupe flavoring that we're using for Strafe™ and it was also pretty tasty. Looks like the second flavor is set.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Coconut oil boosts test? For real? I know you're good for some research, love reading your right ups. Care to post a couple links?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had these organized on the Facebook page, but that was a couple of weeks ago:

Indian J Exp Biol. 2012 Mar;50(3):223-31.
Effect of consumption of fatty acids, calcium, vitamin D and boron with regular physical activity on bone mechanical properties and corresponding metabolic hormones in rats.
Naghii MR1, Ebrahimpour Y, Darvishi P, Ghanizadeh G, Mofid M, Torkaman G, Asgari AR, Hedayati M.
Author information
Abstract

The consumption of fatty acids, nutrients, and regular physical activity, individually influence bone mechanical properties in rats. To investigate their effects in combination, male rats were divided into the seven groups: G1: regular food and drinking water; G2: same as Gr.1 + physical activity (Whole body vibration; WBV); G3: same as Gr.2 + Calcium, Vit. D, Boron; G4: same as Gr.3 + canola oil; G5: same as Gr.3 + sunflower oil; G6: same as Gr.3 + mix of sunflower oil and canola oil; and G7: same as Gr.3 + coconut oil; and treated for 8 weeks. Analysis between the control with the groups 2 and 3 revealed that vibration in the G2 increased the body weight (P = 0.04), with no other major difference in plasma and bone indices. Comparison between the control with the G4-G7 (the oil groups) revealed that the rats in the G5 had a lower body weight (15 % less) and a significant increase in plasma levels of Estradiol in the G7 was noted. In addition, levels of Testosterone in the G4 and G7, and Free Testosterone in the G7 had a remarkable increase. Similar trend was observed for plasma levels of Vit. D in the G4 and G5. The stiffness and the breaking strength of the femur in the G7, and the breaking strength of the lumbar in the G7 compared to the control and the G4 and G5 was significantly higher and tended to increase in comparison to the G6. Better and stronger measurements observed for coconut oil is warranted to further study its effect on biomechanical properties of bones.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lipids. 2009 Apr;44(4):345-57. doi: 10.1007/s11745-008-3277-z. Epub 2009 Jan 8.
Influence of commercial dietary oils on lipid composition and testosterone production in interstitial cells isolated from rat testis.
Hurtado de Catalfo GE1, de Alaniz MJ, Marra CA.
Author information
Abstract

The aim of this study was to examine the influence of dietary fat on lipid composition, as well as on the steroidogenic function of interstitial cells isolated from Wistar rats that had been fed semi-synthetic diets containing four different commercial oils (S soybean, O olive, C coconut, and G grape seed). Steroidogenic enzyme activities, lipid composition, and androgen production were measured in testicular interstitial cells. Lipid analysis included measurement of the contents of major lipid subclasses (neutral lipids, polar lipids, free and esterified cholesterol), as well as principal polar and neutral lipid fatty acyl compositions. Significant differences in lipid composition were observed among the groups, most of them reflecting the specific fatty acyl composition of the diet tested. Testosterone concentration was higher in O and C groups compared with S or G. In agreement with this observation, the activity of both key enzymes involved in testosterone biosynthesis (3-beta-HSD and 17-beta-HSD) was higher in O and C groups with significant differences between them (O > C). A significant negative correlation was found between cellular testosterone production and cellular cholesterol ester content. Additionally, testosterone concentration directly correlated with cholesterol levels. We conclude that dietary oils qualitatively and quantitatively modified the lipid composition of interstitial cells, producing either a direct or indirect regulatory effect on testicular steroidogenic function.

PMID:

There's one more I'm looking for, showing a protective effect of CO on prostate...the rest will be in the writeup.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is it....

J Pharm Pharmacol. 2007 Jul;59(7):995-9.
Effects of coconut oil on testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in Sprague-Dawley rats.
de Lourdes Arruzazabala M1, Molina V, Más R, Carbajal D, Marrero D, González V, Rodríguez E.
Author information
Abstract

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is the benign uncontrolled growth of the prostate gland, leading to difficulty with urination. Saw palmetto lipid extracts (SPLE), used to treat BPH, have been shown to inhibit prostate 5a-reductase, and some major components, such as lauric, myristic and oleic acids also inhibit this enzyme. Coconut oil (CO) is also rich in fatty acids, mainly lauric and myristic acids. We investigated whether CO prevents testosterone-induced prostate hyperplasia (PH) in Sprague-Dawley rats. Animals were distributed into seven groups (10 rats each). A negative control group were injected with soya oil; six groups were injected with testosterone (3 mg kg(-1)) to induce PH: a positive control group, and five groups treated orally with SPLE (400 mg kg(-1)), CO or sunflower oil (SO) (400 and 800 mg kg(-1)). Treatments were given for 14 days. Rats were weighed before treatment and weekly thereafter. Rats were then killed and the prostates were removed and weighed. CO (400 and 800 mg kg(-1)), SPLE (400 mg kg(-1)) and SO at 800 mg kg(-1), but not at 400 mg kg(-1), significantly reduced the increase in prostate weight (PW) and PW:body weight (BW) ratio induced by testosterone (% inhibition 61.5%, 82.0%, 43.8% and 28.2%, respectively). Since CO and SPLE, but not SO, contain appreciable concentrations of lauric and myristic acids, these results could be attributed to this fact. In conclusion, this study shows that CO reduced the increase of both PW and PW:BW ratio, markers of testosterone-induced PH in rats.

PMID:

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Awesome. Based on second study though, why coconut oil and not olive. Did olive not provide the benefits highlighted in studies 1 and 3 and you were aiming to capture that broader benefit range? Or am i misreading these?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. Based on second study though, why coconut oil and not olive. Did olive not provide the benefits highlighted in studies 1 and 3 and you were aiming to capture that broader benefit range? Or am i misreading these?
There is a new Coconut Milk Powder that I have access to, that adds flavor, texture, and the coconut oil in a powdered form. Since this is a Whey Protein product, there is no way to use Olive Oil - though you are welcome to add additional oil to your final shake.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
There is a new Coconut Milk Powder that I have access to, that adds flavor, texture, and the coconut oil in a powdered form. Since this is a Whey Protein product, there is no way to use Olive Oil - though you are welcome to add additional oil to your final shake.
So is it as simple as solubility? You're the man and I greatly appreciate the back and forth.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is it as simple as solubility? You're the man and I greatly appreciate the back and forth.
Mostly convenience and quality - the blend of whey protein, coconut milk powder, and yogurt powder makes for quite a delicious shake that's pretty unique. The physiological effects of the coconut oil are an added bonus.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Mostly convenience and quality - the blend of whey protein, coconut milk powder, and yogurt powder makes for quite a delicious shake that's pretty unique. The physiological effects of the coconut oil are an added bonus.
Thank you sir.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump for macros. Sounding real good
Let me measure those out really quick. I already have the ratios, so I just need to do some math.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely be pickin up a tub. Hope the honey dew cantaloupe flavor isn't too far off. Can imagine with the coconut and yogurt powders this having a good consistency

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macro breakdown for the beta run (approx)

serving size 32g (60cc)

Protein: 21.62g

Fat: 5.1g

Carbs: 3.26 g

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice macro breakdown.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice macro breakdown.
Not bad... I usually throw in two scoop with a splash of grassfed milk (about 2:1 water:milk) which adds a tad more protein.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Nice macros. Eager to try this. Wd rotate this in with my ultra pep

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just mixing up everyone's samples who ordered from the Shopify site. Winging it on flavoring, so if you will comment here about:

Mixibility
Mouth Feel
Overall flavoring
Strawberry component (I'm getting a strong Strawberry Quick with an undertone of fresh strawberries)
Sweetness level

I would greatly appreciate it. Once I get a few reviews/impressions, I will get the rest of them going. I bought enough supplies to make about 50 2lb pouches.

ksa0812

Awards
Dsade, do you have a timeline for when this will be out; I'm waiting to place an order but I'd rather not pay for shipping twice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, do you have a timeline for when this will be out; I'm waiting to place an order but I'd rather not pay for shipping twice.
I have enough of everything but Yogurt Powder, which I should have by Friday.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ready to go here. What I am going to do is:

15 Strawberry Smoothie flavor
15 Melon-Cantaloupe flavor (due to a lot of private requests)

I'm using the French Toast pouches, but they only hold a little over 1.5lbs.

I'll be adding them to the Shopify store this afternoon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matt. I hit u up on evomuses fb. Melon cantaloupe shd be good w cold milk. Strawberry I'm hit or miss w so a sample would be great

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Any chance I could add something else to my order?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem, shoot me a PM or email.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very excited to try this one out. I'm going to try strawberry first, because melon-flavors typically aren't in my alley of preference.

Love the macro breakdown for use as not necessarily a meal replacement, but a snack that's not simply protein without anything else.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, Christine just said that the full retail version comes out tasting like Hubba Bubba Bubblegums original Strawberry. I still taste Strawberry Quik.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
First servings tonite. Both with 50% milk water .Cantaloupe- not a candy taste at all. Very very much like pure honeydew melon juice. Very natural and refreshing. Strawberry-at first fresh strawberry followed by like a candy sweetness. Very well done. One of the top strawberry flavors I have tried. Also after both u get the faintest aftertaste w the coconut-goes well with the flavors.Some little chunks of I guess the yogurt and coconut after mixing-but nothing major. Next time will try a real shaker cup.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First servings tonite. Both with 50% milk water .Cantaloupe- not a candy taste at all. Very very much like pure honeydew melon juice. Very natural and refreshing. Strawberry-at first fresh strawberry followed by like a candy sweetness. Very well done. One of the top strawberry flavors I have tried. Also after both u get the faintest aftertaste w the coconut-goes well with the flavors.Some little chunks of I guess the yogurt and coconut after mixing-but nothing major. Next time will try a real shaker cup.
That sounds really good right now.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Will full retail version be out soon? Any idea what it should cost?

ksa0812

Awards
I've tried the strawberry flavor with water, raw milk, and coconut milk and the mixability is great with all 3. The taste and mouth fill with both milks was excellent and zero bloat! Another winner from Dsade.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried the strawberry flavor with water, raw milk, and coconut milk and the mixability is great with all 3. The taste and mouth fill with both milks was excellent and zero bloat! Another winner from Dsade.
I wish I could get raw milk out here...Best we have is Snowville creamery. Grass-fed and no hormones.

ksa0812

Awards
It is definitely a blessing to be able to get it, especially since my farmer as a2 cows.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
spot for review once it ships

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mixed the strawberry with water and another with half water and half 1% milk. Surprisingly, I liked the water only even better. Very subtle, but natural taste. Unique for sure. Great stuff!

amanasd

Awards
Loving the melon-cantaloupe flavour, mixing it with almond milk gives it a nice creamy shake texture.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt, Do you have the macros posted anywhere?
From page 1:

Macro breakdown for the beta run (approx)

serving size 32g (60cc)

Protein: 21.62g

Fat: 5.1g

Carbs: 3.26 g