EvoMuse BMP - Body Modify:Phenotype Writeup

Page 2 of 18 First 1234 ... Last

1. For a split second I thought nicotine was an ingredient ... Lol!
    I was thinking what is Matt smoking??

2. So how much of a negative impact would me chewing while using this product have on it's effectiveness?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    So how much of a negative impact would me chewing while using this product have on it's effectiveness?
    Depends how much you chew. "Nicotine
    Nicotine has been shown to interfere with bone formation. The addition of mixed tocopherols to the BMP formula could help counteract this, but it would still be a good idea to limit use of nicotine while using this product to prevent negative interactions with the BMP signaling cascade. "
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

4. In for more.
    Building my best body "for me"!

5. Day 4 here...I have some effects kicking in hard, but I don't want to skew the other testers' feedback.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Day 4 here...I have some effects kicking in hard, but I don't want to skew the other testers' feedback.
    Do share.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post

We're throwing this to the front of the line...well, after we restock Nerve Restore.
    I love the innovation you bring to the supplement world. I look forward to getting my hands on this one.

8. Let me get this dsade

9. As for nicotine/chewing, this is pretty interesting. Low usage might actually be a good thing, but if you're a heavy user, you'd want to cut back or add some extra Vitamin C. I just found this or I would have included it in the write up.

J Cell Biochem. 2013 Aug;114(8):1720-8. doi: 10.1002/jcb.24512.
    Dose-dependent effects of nicotine on proliferation and differentiation of human bone marrow stromal cells and the antagonistic action of vitamin C.

Abstract
    A range of biological and molecular effects caused by nicotine are considered to effect bone metabolism. Vitamin C functions as a biological antioxidant. This study was to evaluate the in vitro effects of nicotine on human bone marrow stromal cells and whether Vitamin C supplementation show the antagonism action to high concentration nicotine. We used CCK-8, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity assay, Von Kossa staining, real-time polymerase chain reaction and Western Blot to evaluate the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation. The results indicated that the proliferation of BMSCs increased at the concentration of 50, 100 ng/ml, got inhibited at 1,000 ng/ml. When Vitamin C was added, the OD for proliferation increased. For ALP staining, we found that BMSCs treated with 50 and 100 ng/ml nicotine showed a higher activity compared with the control, and decreased at the 1,000 ng/ml. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) expression and the calcium depositions decreased at 100 and 1,000 ng/ml nicotine, while the addition of Vitamin C reversed the down regulation. By real-time PCR, we detected that the mRNA expression of collagen type I (COL-I) and ALP were also increased in 50 and 100 ng/ml nicotine groups (P < 0.05), while reduced at 1,000 ng/ml (P < 0.05). When it came to osteocalcin (OCN), the changes were similar. Taken all together, it is found that nicotine has a two-phase effect on human BMSCs, showing that low level of nicotine could promote the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation while the high level display the opposite effect. Vitamin C could antagonize the inhibitory effect of higher concentration of nicotine partly.

PMID: 23386463

10. This is why I love repping for you, cutting edge stuff and trying to wrap my head around this stuff helps to keep me sharp.

11. Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Do share.
    quote: but I don't want to skew the other testers' feedback.

12. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    quote: but I don't want to skew the other testers' feedback.
    It don't hurt to try.lol

13. Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    It don't hurt to try.lol
    I'd rather not to know ... Placebo effect!

14. What about the genitals?

15. Quote Originally Posted by TheNietzsche View Post
    What about the genitals?
    It's possible, but evidence either way is lacking.

I started reading a while back, but needed to finalize the BMP formula. The penis is incredibly more complex.

Sonic hedgehog Cascade Is Required for Penile Postnatal Morphogenesis, Differentiation, and Adult Homeostasis1

Carol A. Podlasek2,
    David J. Zelner,
    Hong Bin Jiang,
    Yi Tang,
    John Houston,
    Kevin E. McKenna and
    Kevin T. McVary

+ Author Affiliations

Department of Urology and Physiology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611

Abstract

The penis is unique in that it undergoes morphogenesis and differentiation primarily in the postnatal period. For complex structures such as the penis to be made from undifferentiated precursor cells, proliferation, differentiation, and patterning are required. This process involves coordinated activity of multiple signals. Sonic hedgehog (Shh) forms part of a regulatory cascade that is essential for growth and morphogenesis of many tissues. It is hypothesized that the penis utilizes regulatory mechanisms similar to those of the limb and accessory sex organs to pattern penile postnatal morphogenesis and differentiation and that the Shh cascade is critical to this process. To test this hypothesis, Shh, BMP-4, Ptc, and Hoxa-10 localization and function were examined in Sprague-Dawley rat penes by means of quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, and Western blotting. These genes were expressed in the penis during postnatal morphogenesis in a spatially and temporally restricted manner in adjacent layers of the corpora cavernosal sinusoids. The function of Shh and BMP-4 is to establish and maintain corpora cavernosal sinusoids. The data suggest that Ptc and Hoxa-10 are also important in penile morphogenesis. The continuing function of Shh and targets of its signaling in maintaining penile homeostasis in the adult is significant because disruption of Shh signaling affects erectile function. This is the first report that demonstrates the significant role that Shh plays in establishing and maintaining penile homeostasis and how this relates to erectile function. These studies provide valuable insight that may be applied to improve treatment options for erectile dysfunction.
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I love the write-up. It's like sitting in on a science class for gymrats.

Our university offers a sports nutrition course and a dietary supplements course, but I'd love to see some lower level science courses dedicated to just this type of stuff (I know that obviously graduate level seminars delve into more of this stuff in detail, but I'm talking stuff that as long as you show up and read, the average guy can understand it).

Groundbreaking stuff and cannot wait to see the world get a try.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

17. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I love the write-up. It's like sitting in on a science class for gymrats.
    That's pretty much what I was going for. Glad to hear people are liking it.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Depasi View Post
    So far, IMO, this is your best work. Perfect balance of accurate science and easy to understand.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Depasi View Post

You pulled it of marvelously.
    Recoverbro

20. Very well written. Science-y enough for us nerds to enjoy and respect and straightforward enough for almost anyone to see the connections and potential benefits.

21. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    So far, IMO, this is your best work.
    But will this be your best work?

22. Just a quick question. Since you are targeting the pathways responsible for bone growth, would this possibly lead to unwanted bone growth in fully grown adults? Could issues such as bone spurs possibly arise when working with these pathways? Would this product be something you would recommend only on a rotating basis, or would it be safe to utilize indefinitely by your estimations?

23. Damn that is a write up to end all write ups!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

24. Gotta subscribe to this one. A pretty much untapped path for additional growth.

25. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Just a quick question. Since you are targeting the pathways responsible for bone growth, would this possibly lead to unwanted bone growth in fully grown adults? Could issues such as bone spurs possibly arise when working with these pathways? Would this product be something you would recommend only on a rotating basis, or would it be safe to utilize indefinitely by your estimations?
    It would be a remote possibility with the indirect route we are taking, but generally bone spurs caused by BMP are at very high dosage, normally seen as fusion treatment direct injection at site (and bone spurs at site as well).

I don't think this will be an issue with the product.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EvoMuse Defuse Writeup
    By dsade in forum Evomuse
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 09-22-2018, 08:41 PM
  2. EvoMuse Nerve Restore Writeup
    By dsade in forum Evomuse
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 11:40 PM