Consistency different each time I order eviscerate smolder

Cerpintine

Cerpintine

Awards
This is interesting. Over the past few months I've had three bottles of Eviscerate Smolder. I actually tried Eviscerate first, and while I had good results, I was interested in less burn.

Anyway, the first bottle was a brown substance, sort of thick, left virtually no residue w/ burn I could tolerate. The second bottle was very thick, left considerable residue with an unbearable menthol like smell. I actually could not put on a shirt for at least 30mins until the smell went away. There was considerable more burn than the first. This third bottle is darker than the first, much thinner w/ no smell and no residue. Over the past few uses there has been no burn whatsoever.

It's almost like each bottle diluted more or less. This last bottle seems very diluted and thin... Is this something to worry about? I actually considered returning it. I don't know if it's a QC issue?

I always follow the same protocol--using after a shower and exfoliating regularly.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is interesting. Over the past few months I've had three bottles of Eviscerate Smolder. I actually tried Eviscerate first, and while I had good results, I was interested in less burn.

Anyway, the first bottle was a brown substance, sort of thick, left virtually no residue w/ burn I could tolerate. The second bottle was very thick, left considerable residue with an unbearable menthol like smell. I actually could not put on a shirt for at least 30mins until the smell went away. There was considerable more burn than the first. This third bottle is darker than the first, much thinner w/ no smell and no residue. Over the past few uses there has been no burn whatsoever.

It's almost like each bottle diluted more or less. This last bottle seems very diluted and thin... Is this something to worry about? I actually considered returning it. I don't know if it's a QC issue?

I always follow the same protocol--using after a shower and exfoliating regularly.
Have you been shaking well before using? May be a carbomer issue, I have noticed sometimes the thickness is a bit different with bottles. I'm sure Matt can give a better answer, but could be the way the product is settling or even temperature differences where you store it. One of them wasn't burn free was it? That has a strong menthol smell.

Cerpintine

Cerpintine

Awards
Shaking well--yes. I've had the air on during the summer, so it's always been around ~70°F. The one with the menthol smell wasn't burn free; it actually had the highest burning sensation of the three. I'm just wondering if the capsaicin (or lack of?) and consistency is anything to go by regarding the potency of the product all together?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this is a carbomer/thickener issue. The Benzyl Alcohol, necessary for the localized effect, absolutely tears up the gelling effect of the Carbomer. The ambient temperature has an effect as well, the product turning out slightly thinner in the Summer months.

Regarding the burning sensation, it can vary even in the same bottle, based on calcium levels and levels of Substance P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_P

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, this is a carbomer/thickener issue. The Benzyl Alcohol, necessary for the localized effect, absolutely tears up the gelling effect of the Carbomer. The ambient temperature has an effect as well, the product turning out slightly thinner in the Summer months.

Regarding the burning sensation, it can vary even in the same bottle, based on calcium levels and levels of Substance P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_P
Good response.

This is a question I get from time to time with customers.