Ursolic Acid toxicity question - AnabolicMinds.com

Ursolic Acid toxicity question

1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ursolic Acid toxicity question

Hey PA,

Maybe this has been asked before, but I'm about 2 weeks into Ur spray (which I anecdotally love so far) and I was looking at some more ursolic acid research when I saw that UA has some data showing it is cardioprotective, while other data shows that it induces destruction of endothelial cells. I realize the latter was in vitro, but is it not of a concern when applying a spray that is supposedly going directly into systemic circulation and making direct contact with the endothelium?

The plasma half-life of UA is ~4 hours as you know, and the studying showing endothelial DSBs and apoptosis only required 6 hours of incubation.

So my question is: has this concern been addressed before (sorry if I missed it) and would once per day dosing be considered safer since there is less endothelial exposure to UA in such a protocol?

Also, out of curiosity since I also bought 2 Pump Sprays: essentially all of the data I'm looking at shows UA inhibits vascularization (including non-cancer specific lines). How does it work to promote the opposite effect in Pump Spray?

Not looking to create any trouble, I just have a long UA run slated for the coming months and health is always in the front of my mind. I figured I could either spend the next several hours poring over data or simply pose a question here since you're probably the resident expert on UA.

Thanks
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Coop why are you takin ursolic acid? Primarily to build muscle? I have read that it was shown to cause DNA damage...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ironwiz View Post
    Coop why are you takin ursolic acid? Primarily to build muscle? I have read that it was shown to cause DNA damage...

I'm taking it to evaluate its effects on body composition. This very thread is actually about the DNA damage (DSB = double strand DNA break).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Oh ok. If you continue to use UR be sure to write a review on the composition changes that you noticed.

5. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Hey PA,

Maybe this has been asked before, but I'm about 2 weeks into Ur spray (which I anecdotally love so far) and I was looking at some more ursolic acid research when I saw that UA has some data showing it is cardioprotective, while other data shows that it induces destruction of endothelial cells. I realize the latter was in vitro, but is it not of a concern when applying a spray that is supposedly going directly into systemic circulation and making direct contact with the endothelium?

The plasma half-life of UA is ~4 hours as you know, and the studying showing endothelial DSBs and apoptosis only required 6 hours of incubation.

So my question is: has this concern been addressed before (sorry if I missed it) and would once per day dosing be considered safer since there is less endothelial exposure to UA in such a protocol?

Also, out of curiosity since I also bought 2 Pump Sprays: essentially all of the data I'm looking at shows UA inhibits vascularization (including non-cancer specific lines). How does it work to promote the opposite effect in Pump Spray?

Not looking to create any trouble, I just have a long UA run slated for the coming months and health is always in the front of my mind. I figured I could either spend the next several hours poring over data or simply pose a question here since you're probably the resident expert on UA.

Thanks

the atherosclerosis issue has been debated on this board and on phf. maybe someone can find a link for you

as far as ursolic and neovascularization here are two references

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 Jul 4;371(3):556-60. Epub 2008 Apr 28.
    Modulation of angiogenic factors by ursolic acid.
    Kiran MS, Viji RI, Sameer Kumar VB, Sudhakaran PR.

J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Dec 22;58(24):12941-9. Epub 2010 Nov 12.
    Ursolic acid induces allograft inflammatory factor-1 expression via a nitric oxide-related mechanism and increasesneovascularization.
    Lee AW, Chen TL, Shih CM, Huang CY, Tsao NW, Chang NC, Chen YH, Fong TH, Lin FY.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  6. New Member

While we are talking about technical questions on the pump spray, does it activate AMPK?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Did you hear the big news about Ursolic Acid?
    By LG Sciences in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
  3. Ursolic Acid Anabolic
    By Jim Sadler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 05:10 AM
  4. Making NaCL and Acetic Acid... 2 questions
    By In Hulk in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3