Activate Xtreme causing sleep issues

  1. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Activate Xtreme causing sleep issues


    Hi all,

    since that I have started last week Activate Xtreme at 2 caps per day, I started to have sleep issues. I wake up during the night without the possibility to return to sleep. I am wordering if this is not related to Dopamine and the fact that I also take 2g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine during the day.

    I decided to stop as of today and see if it goes better.

    I tend to be very sensitive to any body chemical changes. What do you think?

  2. Registered User
    warsteiner's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    1658

    What time are you taking the caps? Some people can have sleep issues with test boosters and the increase in test that they cause if they are taken close to bed time. If you are only taking 2 tabs then you can try taking them first thing in the morning.

    It's recommended to take AX on an empty stomach 30 mins prior to a meal so you could take them 30 mins before breakfast and this should help with the sleep issues.
  3. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    What time are you taking the caps? Some people can have sleep issues with test boosters and the increase in test that they cause if they are taken close to bed time. If you are only taking 2 tabs then you can try taking them first thing in the morning.

    It's recommended to take AX on an empty stomach 30 mins prior to a meal so you could take them 30 mins before breakfast and this should help with the sleep issues.
    Well I took 1 in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes prior to a meal and 1 before lunch. So quite far before going to sleep.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Big_Tom(tk)'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    IL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    401

    The usual response is actually better/deeper sleep. I assume you're not taking caffeine or any other stimulants too close to bed.

    How long ago did you started taking the Activate Xtreme?
  5. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    You are only taking two caps per day?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  6. Registered User
    jgassen15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    189

    I used to get sleep issues with the old Activate, but they eventually went away halfway through the bottle. I felt like I didn't need as much sleep, however. I think it was the Divanil, but the sense of well-being the accompanied each serving far outweighed any trouble I had sleeping at night. I also had to be up early in the morning for work that summer, so my sleep schedule was off to begin with.
  7. Registered User
    Shredzz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    85

    I have used activate xtreme at 6 caps a day and had no sleep problems, that i can remember anyways.

    So im not sure if its activate xtreme thats giving you sleep problems, especially at 2 caps a day!
  8. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredzz View Post
    I have used activate xtreme at 6 caps a day and had no sleep problems, that i can remember anyways.

    So im not sure if its activate xtreme thats giving you sleep problems, especially at 2 caps a day!
    Well it can... I am only taking 2 caps/day of Divanex and ALCAR and since I have started activate xtreme the sleep issue has appeared. I have stopped it now and not the others and I do not have the sleep issue anymore. So I can garantee that it was activate xtreme that was causing the issue.

    By the way, I have also nerves issue and activate xtreme increased the vasodilatation and my nerves issue got worse.
  9. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    Are you on any medication for anxiety?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  10. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Are you on any medication for anxiety?
    No and I do not suffer of anxiety. I used to fall asleep within few seconds.
    No medication at all and I am 38 years old.
  11. MK9
    MK9 is offline
    Registered User
    MK9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunder Mifflin
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    352

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    No and I do not suffer of anxiety. I used to fall asleep within few seconds.
    No medication at all and I am 38 years old.
    When are you taking them? I would take mine in the AM, and after work before training.

    Discontinue use for a little bit and see if anything has changed, or alternatively modify your dosage timing, and just take 2 in the am.
  12. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    No and I do not suffer of anxiety. I used to fall asleep within few seconds.
    No medication at all and I am 38 years old.
    I apologise for jumping to conclusions. What did you mean by nerves issue?

    I agree with the post above, take a few days off the Activate Xtreme and then add it back in slowly and assess whether it impacts your sleep again. Possibly even start with a single capsule.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  13. Registered User
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    2719

    the reason has to do with dopamine, yes..

    theres some kind of connection between ldopa dopamine and norepinephrine..

    something like this (i think)

    ldopa>dopamine>norepinephrine (i think this is how it all converts?)

    basically long story short... i cant explain how it works...

    but drink a bunch of green tea during the day and it will stop... i guarantee it
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  14. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    I apologise for jumping to conclusions. What did you mean by nerves issue?

    I agree with the post above, take a few days off the Activate Xtreme and then add it back in slowly and assess whether it impacts your sleep again. Possibly even start with a single capsule.
    I mean nerve compressions, so when you increase the blood flow, it is increasing the nerve compressions. That is why during the night, it is getting worse because the vasodilatation is increased.
  15. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    the reason has to do with dopamine, yes..

    theres some kind of connection between ldopa dopamine and norepinephrine..

    something like this (i think)

    ldopa>dopamine>norepinephrine (i think this is how it all converts?)

    basically long story short... i cant explain how it works...

    but drink a bunch of green tea during the day and it will stop... i guarantee it
    Thanks for the advice.
  16. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    I mean nerve compressions, so when you increase the blood flow, it is increasing the nerve compressions. That is why during the night, it is getting worse because the vasodilatation is increased.
    Nerve compression as in a trapped nerve? Do you get pins and needles?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  17. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Nerve compression as in a trapped nerve? Do you get pins and needles?
    no but numbness in fingers...
  18. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    Pinky and outside of ring finger by any chance?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  19. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Now I have started Triazole, one cap in the morning and again same issue with sleeping. I was sleeping like a baby before taking Triazole and since I have started it, I get the worse night in my life, waking up very frequently. A nightmare. Do I am too sensitive to anti-e?

    The only other things I am taking is Powerfull and AnaBeta.
  20. Handsome and intelligent
    Board Sponsor
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Schivatzia
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8378

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    Now I have started Triazole, one cap in the morning and again same issue with sleeping. I was sleeping like a baby before taking Triazole and since I have started it, I get the worse night in my life, waking up very frequently. A nightmare. Do I am too sensitive to anti-e?

    The only other things I am taking is Powerfull and AnaBeta.
    Not entirely sure. try moving your dose earlier in the evening by two hours.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What is causing my Libido issues?
    By Shyne in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 05:19 AM
  2. thyroid issues causing low testosterone?
    By smc252 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in