Non-responder

1. uncleezno2

Non-responder

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if I can get some advice on PHs. I'm a 22 year old male, and I've been lifting regularly since I started college three and a half years ago. Since then, I've gone from 158 and 7% bodyfat to 178 and 5% bodyfat. I've always been thin, and I was a cross-country runner in high school. It took me ages to put on lean muscle, or any weight at all for that matter. The hardest part has always been the eating, even with the help of my lean mass matrix MRPs. My gains have plateaued majorly over the past three-four months, as I've been unable to increase the weights or reps for any of my main exercises. I worked with a knowledgeable personal trainer to switch up my routine, and even went so far as to talk to a nutritionist about my eating habits (i think he was just impressed that a college kid ate as healthy as i do ) but that was three months ago and I'm still not making any real progress. I understand that new lifters progress very quickly and that results taper off, but I wanted a little something to keep me motivated.

To this end, I bought two bottles of Superdrol when it was first released. I read up on all of the feedback, and made sure my PTC was ready to go beforehand, mainly clomid. I started off light, as was recommended on the forums, at 20mg a day. After the first week and no results, I increased the dose to 30mg a day. A week and a half of that, and still nothing. Finally, I upped the dosage to 40mg for one more week and gave up. I tapered it off and have been on PCT for the past two weeks - not like I needed it, I really didn't see any difference.

Am I just a non-responder? If it's going to take massive doses of compounds just to see minor gains, it's not worth it in my book. Any ideas on what I could do to put on a few more pounds?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Could be an SD non-responder.

Post diet, etc, here. Just b/c they're a nutritionist doesn't mean they're giving good advice for adding mass If you're really ecto, then it could take some major tweaking of the diet to get you growing and growing well.

Oh, and if you are an SD non-responer, it doesn't mean you won't respond to other AAS.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.2%

I've read that some true non-responders begin by "loading" SD @ 40 or 50mg a day for a few days, then dropping the dose down and running the rest of the cycle @ 20-30mg a day.

Sledge said that he felt this could be a good way to go for those who really had a tough time responding.

Don't remember who posted that thread but I'm sure you could find it with a few searches...

BP
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.67%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Oh, and if you are an SD non-responer, it doesn't mean you won't respond to other AAS.
    my thoughts as well.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.52%

Don't forget that if you're low carbing it, you'll have a harder time responding to SD, it seems really linked with carbs from what I've heard.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.82%

Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    I've read that some true non-responders begin by "loading" SD @ 40 or 50mg a day for a few days, then dropping the dose down and running the rest of the cycle @ 20-30mg a day.

Sledge said that he felt this could be a good way to go for those who really had a tough time responding.

Don't remember who posted that thread but I'm sure you could find it with a few searches...

BP
    I read that, too.
  7. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by uncleezno2
    Hey everyone, I'm wondering if I can get some advice on PHs. I'm a 22 year old male, and I've been lifting regularly since I started college three and a half years ago. Since then, I've gone from 158 and 7% bodyfat to 178 and 5% bodyfat. I've always been thin, and I was a cross-country runner in high school. It took me ages to put on lean muscle, or any weight at all for that matter. The hardest part has always been the eating, even with the help of my lean mass matrix MRPs. My gains have plateaued majorly over the past three-four months, as I've been unable to increase the weights or reps for any of my main exercises. I worked with a knowledgeable personal trainer to switch up my routine, and even went so far as to talk to a nutritionist about my eating habits (i think he was just impressed that a college kid ate as healthy as i do ) but that was three months ago and I'm still not making any real progress. I understand that new lifters progress very quickly and that results taper off, but I wanted a little something to keep me motivated.

To this end, I bought two bottles of Superdrol when it was first released. I read up on all of the feedback, and made sure my PTC was ready to go beforehand, mainly clomid. I started off light, as was recommended on the forums, at 20mg a day. After the first week and no results, I increased the dose to 30mg a day. A week and a half of that, and still nothing. Finally, I upped the dosage to 40mg for one more week and gave up. I tapered it off and have been on PCT for the past two weeks - not like I needed it, I really didn't see any difference.

Am I just a non-responder? If it's going to take massive doses of compounds just to see minor gains, it's not worth it in my book. Any ideas on what I could do to put on a few more pounds?
    Uhm why didnt you ask for advice while you were still on? SD acts quiclly, so during the first week we could have provided u with some help.
    I see two things:
    1) Your training routine may need a change. If u hit a plateau, thats the first thing to examine
    2) Were you eating enough? I'm a hardgainer like you. Naturally I can pack 1-2 lb in a month and If i miss some meals, not even that. Superdrol is a real bluking agent: it needs caloric surplus to work (and at least 1g protein per lb of bodyweight in my experience). You didnt tell how tall are you, I guess you are pretty tall, then your calories goal must be high, and so difficult to achieve.

Then, besides mass, did u notice other effects? Namely, strengh increase on your main excercises. Altough i think its due to hypertrophy (hence no strenght gains if you dont increase your mass first) At your dosage you must have experienced something. At least the pumps. If you didnt experienced anything, well, u are truly a non responder. It sucks since SD is one of the cleanest and potent bulkers out there.

(edit: fixed grammar, sorry English is not my first language)
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.06%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    Don't forget that if you're low carbing it, you'll have a harder time responding to SD, it seems really linked with carbs from what I've heard.
    I'm not sure if that is completely true I have read several logs of people using Superdrol while on a cutting CKD diet, and gaining 10 or so pounds of lbm.
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Some individuals simply do not respond well, and the reasons why are not exactly clear. However, I think one should examine various possible causes for the lack of gains before jumping to a nonresponder conclusion.
  10. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Yea, look into diet dude, that is the first place to look when your gaining....were you taking something like sesathin, many have a hard time bulking with sesathin. Go back to basics with your diet and training and you will grow, SD or not. Sucks you didn't see jack from SD. Try M1T, if you don't see anything from that, then you are an anabolic retard....J/K! Look into other things first before jumping back on androgens!
  11. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Hey Uncleez....if you need help just email me....MODNP@yahoo.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
  2. responders and non-responders
    By Dan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 12:04 AM
  3. v-12 turbo or swole? Non-responder
    By swoody in forum Supplements