Rebound XT Price

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Rebound XT Price

I've seen Rebound XT priced in the $27 to $29 range on other sites. Why does the DS site list it as $52?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%

It is not against the rules for the man who produces the product to set his own price? Because other dealers want to discount it does not mean that he has to or should.

That sounded rude but it was not meant to be.

Fpot66
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

He wants to expand his products In order to do so other sites like 1Fast, BB.com and the board supporters like NutraPlanet have more potential customer base.

I'm sure not one to complain, I'd much rather spend $25 at NutraPlanet than $52 for Rebound XT
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.12%

People aren't going to want to carry his products if they can't sell it less than he does... wouldn't make sense for them to risk the inventory if he sold it for the same price they do. Typical distributor/retailer relationship.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.97%

True, nothing says that any product needs to be sold for a given price, nor was I suggesting that. My question was whether there might be some quality, quantity, formula potency-based reason (or other logical reason) for what appears to be a significant price difference (although that didn't appear to be the case).

My preference would be to spend my $ with the person who developed the product in consideration for their developing a product wanted by our market. I didn't (wouldn't) list the other sites, there is no point to that. Still, at some point the philosophical perspective of rewarding the developer is overcome by the financial reality that most consumers would opt for a better value proposition - a fact I am certain DS is acutely aware. Obviously from a sales perspective at some point the gross margin of sales based on increased volume/lower price exceed those based on lower volume/higher price. Many of the threads in this forum and others deal with cost effectiveness, and this one was no different.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

If you buy it from DS, you get the super secret private label, and Sledge will autograph it for you. I'm just kidding. It's set up so his distributors have the best retail prices and get most or all the biz. Common practice in marketing where the producer sells through distribution chains; not really looking to retail it out from his own site. You'll see that a lot. Smart move doing price comparisons, though!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

In any industry, if a manufacturer sells direct (many don't) they will sell their product for the MSRP.

The MSRP represents the fair price for that product. If discount retailers choose to discount the product, that is their choice.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As long as you purchase it you are supporting Sledge. In the long run it's better to buy from a distributor that it is directly from Sledge. Distributors can order 1000 bottles if not more. While the profit per bottle may not be as high for Sledge it is the long run because of volume. When he had another run he can guage how many his distributors want and order accordingly say 10,000 bottles whereas if he just sells them himself he can only order 1000 as it doesn't want to be stuck with a product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    True, nothing says that any product needs to be sold for a given price, nor was I suggesting that. My question was whether there might be some quality, quantity, formula potency-based reason (or other logical reason) for what appears to be a significant price difference (although that didn't appear to be the case).

My preference would be to spend my $ with the person who developed the product in consideration for their developing a product wanted by our market. I didn't (wouldn't) list the other sites, there is no point to that. Still, at some point the philosophical perspective of rewarding the developer is overcome by the financial reality that most consumers would opt for a better value proposition - a fact I am certain DS is acutely aware. Obviously from a sales perspective at some point the gross margin of sales based on increased volume/lower price exceed those based on lower volume/higher price. Many of the threads in this forum and others deal with cost effectiveness, and this one was no different.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.97%

Good points.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.34%

Another thing to consider is that other operations sell much larger volume of supplements overall then Sledge. Meaning that they already have staff for distribution etc set up and on payroll. So they would have to pay people wether they are sending out Sledge's product, another product, or just standing around. For Sledge to process his orders he has to take time out from his real job, Product Development, to make mailing lables, process payments, package things up, etc. So if you want to get it straight from Sledge then you have to pay for the fact that a gentleman with a high hourly rate (because Sledge is unique) has to do the mundane job of processing orders.

Just my thoughts as this relats to my own business.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rebound XT
    By predator124 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 09:56 PM
  2. Rebound XT + Mild DHT Blocker
    By TheTom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 03:30 AM
  3. Questions on PCT-rebound xt or metacort?
    By givithell in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 02:35 AM
  4. Rebound XT ETA
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
  5. Rebound XT??
    By bencozzy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:50 PM