lean extreme after surgery?

1. Registered User
    Answers

lean extreme after surgery?

hi, great forum!
    i just had nose surgery (deviated septum after accident) and am currently in my second post-surgery-week.
    my nose is still swollen but my cast is off and i can finally breath now.
    is it safe to start on lean extreme so soon? i've read somewhere, that cortisol is good for inflammation, but if i lower it, do i prolong my healing in my nose?
    i can't start working out until about 6-8 weeks post-op, so should i just wait until then?
    i just don't want to gain too much in my healing-period...(maybe i should get some sesathin?)
    thanks for all the help.

jcoco

2. Banned
    Answers

I'd think Lean Xtreme would impede healing due to its potent anti-cortisol properties. I would like to know about the sesathin, though, as I recently went through a surgery myself and am interested in using it.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would Superdrol be a good thing to use to speed up recovery and minimize catabolism post-surgery? If so, when should one start it? I just got done having an invasive type operation.
  3. Gold Member
    Answers

Yes, do not use LX while you are recovering from surgery. Sesathin is a great staple supplement, and I can't think of why its use would have to be discontinued in your circumstances.

One of the main benefits of anabolic steroids is their enhancing of recovery from injuries. That said, there is not so much muscle in your nose. Supplements such as cissus, hyaluronic acid, chondroiton, etc would be more likely to aid your recovery from nose surgery. Obviously Superdrol would be anticatabolic - and then some.
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Strateg0s
    Yes, do not use LX while you are recovering from surgery. Sesathin is a great staple supplement, and I can't think of why its use would have to be discontinued in your circumstances.

One of the main benefits of anabolic steroids is their enhancing of recovery from injuries. That said, there is not so much muscle in your nose. Supplements such as cissus, hyaluronic acid, chondroiton, etc would be more likely to aid your recovery from nose surgery. Obviously Superdrol would be anticatabolic - and then some.

My main concern about Superdrol and Sesathin is the effects they may have on blood clotting/blood thinning. I don't know if that would compromise the ability of the abdominal tissue and defects (openings that caused the hernias) from growing into the mesh.

I am kind of anxious to stave off catabolism, as it has been several weeks since I've been to the gym and, according to my surgeon, I should expect to be back to working out ~5 weeks from now, depending on my recovery. I've already lost 15 pounds, at this rate I will be below 200 by the time I'm back in the game.
  5. Gold Member
    Answers

I can't speak for the effects of Superdrol or Sesathin on blood clotting or thinning. On the other hand, I am not sure what this would have to do with the ability of the tissue to grow into the mesh. If the growth of muscle tissue will be beneficial to you in this regard, and therefore further catabolism would be detrimental, then I would presume that taking an anabolic in conjunction with adequate protein -- even if you cannot yet work out -- would speed your recovery.

I vaguely recall reading a study where untrained individuals gained something like 11kg of LBM over the course of a ~20 week cycle of test-e ~500mg/wk, even though they were told NOT to weight train. This is all from memory, so the numbers might be a little bit off, but the point is that anabolics + proper nutrition should be good for your situation, even if you cannot hit the gym as you would normally like to.

Your reply through me off at first. Nose surgery :: hernia??
  6. Registered User
    Answers

yes, definetly thanks strategos, i'm gonna hold of a bit on that LX, even tho i'm anxious of trying it.
    but i guess, i'll go with sesathin for now. also heard it had some anti-inflammatory properties, so that would make sense.
    i've also just started on ALCAR and i'm loving it so far....that shouldn't interfere with the healing either, right?
  7. Banned
    Answers

I can't speak for the effects of Superdrol or Sesathin on blood clotting or thinning. On the other hand, I am not sure what this would have to do with the ability of the tissue to grow into the mesh. If the growth of muscle tissue will be beneficial to you in this regard, and therefore further catabolism would be detrimental, then I would presume that taking an anabolic in conjunction with adequate protein -- even if you cannot yet work out -- would speed your recovery.

I vaguely recall reading a study where untrained individuals gained something like 11kg of LBM over the course of a ~20 week cycle of test-e ~500mg/wk, even though they were told NOT to weight train. This is all from memory, so the numbers might be a little bit off, but the point is that anabolics + proper nutrition should be good for your situation, even if you cannot hit the gym as you would normally like to.

Your reply through me off at first. Nose surgery :: hernia??
    No, the original poster had nose surgery. I kind of hijacked the thread after posting that lean extreme would be bad post-op, then went into detail about my own surgery and if sesathin + superdrol would help.

I am going to run a 10mg/day dose of superdrol along with sesathin starting tomorrow. I did a little more research about clotting/EFA's post surgery, and the recommendations were to wait 2 days afterwards in order to prevent any complications due to blood thinning/clotting. I've been on creatine and (don't shoot me) glutamine since the first hernia op, which has helped a little, but I've decided the benefits outweigh the risks as I want to be back in the gym/healed up ASAP. I am going crazy without my weights/cardio. Of course I will ease back into it and only begin after my doctor gives the OK, but with the superdrol pumping through my veins I think the healing process should speed up dramatically.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

hey screwbol, get off my thread!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. lean extreme after anabeta
    By jsm1289 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM
  2. Lean Extreme
    By Redeemer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
  3. Lean Extreme a review by Dito
    By dito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
  4. Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery
    By Beelzebub in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:10 AM
  5. How much muscle can expect to lose after surgery?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:41 PM