1st Cycle Log!!!

purepower10

Awards
Starts today! I'm running H-Drol 50mg/day and Fura 200mg/day for 30 days. Took first dose this morning(25mg H-Drol/50mg Fura).

Dosages will look like this:
Morning: 25mg H-drol/50mg Fura
Pre-WO: 25mg H-drol/100mg Fura
Pre-Bed: 50mg Fura

PCT:
Torem 50mg/night for 30days
Diesel Test Hardcore 4/day

Keepin it simple!

Stats: 6'2", 248lbs, ~15% bf(estimate-I'm pretty defined from my top 4 abs up to my chest, shoulders and I have beastly arms!) I tend to hold fat around my waist.

Goal: Bench 500(hopefully during PCT) and recomp at the same time. I have no clue what I'll end up weighing, but I'm going to judge based on changes in the mirror because the scale means nothing to me. I have weighed as much as 268 and as little as 214 and for some reason no one can tell the difference unless my shirt is off)

Training: Westside
Mon: Upper Max Effort
Tues: Lower
Wed: Off/Cardio
Thurs: Upper Dynamic
Fri: Lower
Sat: Off/cardio
Sun: Off/Cardio
*I basically do cardio by feel. It's either in the form of Basketball, Plyometrics, Lateral Drills, or Sprints. Some weeks I do 6 days of cardio and some weeks I do none. I listen to my body as I do not want to hinder my lifts.

**Also I have not done heavy lower body work for about 3 months due to a nagging right quad I bruised some time ago. So I'll be doing lower body by feel also. I'll probably focus one day around Squating and the other Around Deadlifting. This isn't about lower body anyway! Its about Benching!!!

I'll report back in the morning to let you guys know how my first workout on my first cycle goes!!!

P.S.-As this is my first log and first cycle, any suggestions and questions are welcome.

purepower10

Awards
Monday's Workout

Floor Press: (with 5 second relax and pause at the bottom)
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
365x5*

*I planned on going up to attempt 405x5 but on the 365 set I felt a pain going down from the left side of my neck down through the left side of my chest into my shoulder. So I stopped there and dropped the weight to 185 and did two sets of 20 on the floor press and got one AMAZING PUMP!!!

Bent-Over Rows:
225 3 sets of 12 supersetted with scarecrows 3 sets of 12*

*I wanted to do 4 or 5 sets, but the pump was insane and couldn't mask it.

Dumbell Concentration Curls: (slow and controlled)
20x20
25x15
30x10

Cardio: 1 mile brisk walk

OVERALL: I was a little worried with the pain I got doing floor presses, but with the pumps I was getting in the other exercises I attributed it to that because I could only feel the pain as I was pushing the weight back up. I was EXTREMELY PUMPED at the end of my workout. I did feel a little nausea which is why I went on the brisk walk. Woke up this morning pissed about a gallon and went and flexed in the mirror......I was VERY DRY! It was unreal! Forgot to weigh in though. Looking forward to weeks to come!

purepower10

Awards
Tuesday's Workout

Cardio: 1 mile brisk walk

Low Box Squats:

12 sets of 2 w/ 225lbs in weight and 150lbs jump stretch band tension

Stiff Legged Deadlifts:
225lbs 5 sets of 12

Calf raises:

225lbs 3 sets of 25

Abs:
Crunches/Leg raise supersets 3 sets of 50
Side bends with green jump stretch band 3 sets of 20 each side

OVERALL:
Appetite went ballistic yesterday!!! I was eating everything in sight! I was on my own personal modified version of the anabolic diet. Thats how I got down recently from 268 to 248 over the last 3 months and continued to get stronger. I eat low carbs monday through saturday evening, then on saturday dinner I eat my favorites like Taco Bell, Pizza, etc. Then before bed a weight gainer shake, then a weight gainer shake sunday morning, then sunday afternoon eat out good fashioned like Trips steakhouse, Olive Garden, somewhere nice, then Ice cream, Ice cream, Ice cream the rest of sunday.LOL!

But anyway yesterday I ate, and ate and ate. I even had McDonalds right before bed! I had two double Cheeseburgers, fries, and a large vanilla milkshake! The crazy thing is that I was even DRYER this morning than yesterday! I was noticeably more Defined. The scale said 252 which is +4lbs, but I attribute that to the massive amount of food eaten yesterday. I think I'm going to splurge again today and since I'm seeing such a great cutting effect, I'm going to try and go the rest of the cycle without carbing up.

My workout felt great! I think I may began working legs heavy again if Fridays workout goes just as good. Only thing is my knees ache a lil first thing in the morning since starting the cycle which is obviously from the drying out effect. Loving the Cycle so far!

purepower10

Awards
Update

Wednesday:
Nothing really to report for Wednesday as I got caught running errands with my wife yesterday after work. Ran around town til bout 8p.m. Still feeling good overall. Libido is increasing.

Thursday:
Feeling lethargic this morning, but libido still high. Had to peel myself out of bed. Late for work. Still running slow. Will workout after work about 5p.m. Today is dynamic bench day.

purepower10

Awards
Thursday's Workout

Dynamic Bench Press:
9 sets of 3 w/ 135lbs in weight and 150lbs in jump stretch band tension.

Pull-Ups supersetted with bent over rear delt raises:
8 pull-ups followed by 12 rear delt raises 4 sets

Triceps pushdowns w/ Strong Blue Band:
3 sets-25, 20, 15

Hammer Curls:
3 sets of 10-75lbs each db

Bradford Presses:
185lbs 3 sets of 16

OVERALL:
Strong workout. Didn't really feel the pain in my chest but could tell something was present there. Everything felt good. Good pump overall, killer pump in triceps! Libido still rising. No more lethargy. Back to low carbs for the next 3 1/2 weeks.

purepower10

Awards
Friday

Cardio:
Went outside and shot jumpers for about 30 minutes

Deadlifts:
5x5 315(rediculously easy)

Calf Raises:
225x25x3sets

Abs:
Crunch/Leg Raise supersets 3 sets 50
Side Bends w/ Jump Stretch band 3 sets 20 each side

Overall:
Didn't really have much drive or intensity today. Libido still extremely high though. Will definately up all the weights and really push next week as this first week gave me a couple good workouts, but nothing really paramount. Muscles are amazingly hard and I am more defined due to loss of some water.

Saturday:

Baskteball:
Went to the gym and caught a few pickup games. got bad lower back pumps in the first game. Fortunately I had my taurine in my gym bag. Took 3 grams and back pumps subsided after about 15-20 minutes and I played two more games.

Sunday:
Off

purepower10

Awards
Monday(Day 10):

Cardio:
Jog 1/4 mile
10 sets of 10 yard starts
6 sets of 20 yard shuttles
4 sets of 40 yard dashes

Incline Bench Press:
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x11
335x7
165x20 for 2 sets

Bent-Over Rows w/ Scarecrows Supersets:
225x12 supersetted with mini jump stretch band around powerrack 3 sets of 12.

Concentration Curls:
50lb dumbell- I repped on one arm until I couldn't do anymore, then switched to the other until I couldn't do anymore, then immediately switched back until I couldn't do anymore. Cycle lasted for 4 sets on each arm.

Overall:
For some reason I feel strange. I mean I have the strength but I just don't feel like lifting heavy. I don't have the same intensity that I normally have but I'm still good on strength. Like with incline I wanted to max out, but once I got to the 275 set I really didn't feel like pushing even though the weight was light. But I did feel motivated to do some reps. Thats why I repped out the 315 and the 335 then dropped down and to 165 for a couple sets. The PUMP was INCREDIBLE for all lifts!!! I felt so swole after the workout! I'm starting to see a little more seperation between my top abs and my chest and my chest is filling out more on the sides. It seems as though thats becoming more apparent because it looks like I'm drying out in that little spot under your arms betwee your lat and your chest. Shoulders and arms still look like boulders:) . However I'm mad the fat around my waist hasn't changed!!! Libido has leveled off a little, still up though. Starting to feel the effects of the no carbs too. I'll push through it though. I think I'm going to wait and weigh myself after the cycle is over since this is a recomp so I can weigh my appearance with the overall weight loss or gain.

purepower10

Awards
Tuesday(Day 11):

Dynamic Squats:12 sets of 2 w/ 135lb in weight plus 150lbs in jump stretch band tension

Stiff Legged Deadlifts:
275lbs 5 sets of 8

Calf Raises:
275lbs 3 sets of 25

Abs:
Side bends w/ jump stretch band 5 sets of 20 each side

Overall:
Workout was simple. Didn't have time to do cardio. Workout felt good. Weights used were moderate. Still don't feel like pushing the limit(hoping this will change). Libido is the same. But one thing I am noticing now is that my muscles are HARD!!! After the workout it was unreal! Its still with me this morning! Still drying out very nicely. More defined.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

purepower10

Awards
post pics
I'll see what I can do by the end of the log. I only have internet access at work currently(issues w/ home p.c.). The only way I can think to post pics is wit my camera phone. I do have one of those download cables with my camera phone. Anybody know how to go about doing that? Input is appreciated.

purepower10

Awards
Wednesday(Day 12):

Cardio:
Various lateral movement drills

Thursday(Day 13):
Flat Bench Press:
45x10
135x10
225x10
315x8
405x8 P.R.!!!

Tricep Pressdowns w/ Strong Jump Stretch Band supersetted with dumbell hammer curls:
3 sets of 12 each

Abs:
Side bends w/ Average Jump Stretch Band
5 sets 20 each side

OVERALL:
Quick workout. Had the day off, but had TONS of yard work to do. Didn't lift until I had cut all the grass(push mower), washed all 3 cars, raked and bagged the leaves, trimmed the hedges, and pruned a few trees. I was exhausted when I was done but I still lifted. I definately did not feel like going heavy but wound up hitting a rep P.R.!!!

FRIDAY(DAY 14):
Played basketball for 2 hours

Rack deadlifts just below knee level:
225 5 sets of 10

Calf Raises:
135 5 sets of 20

Abs:
Various exercises in circuit until failure

OVERALL:
Feeling a little tired from the previous day. Still low carbs. Feeling flat and weak. Good day, bad evening. I think I need a carb-up.

Saturday(Day 15):
OFF-I FEEL GREAT!!! I had breakfast at burger king. A BK Mocha Joe, Two Ham Egg and cheese crossanwiches, and cheesy tots. Then I went back to BK for lunch! Had a double stack, onion rings, another BK Mocha Joe and a vanilla milk shake! Then went to a cookout in the evening and had all you can eat hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, meatballs, and chips!!! I really needed a carb up day!!! Libido has SKYROCKETED!!!

Sunday(Day 16):
OFF-Woke up ABSOLUTELY RIPPED! Well not really, but ripped for me! Love handles flattened out considerably, upper abs very visible, side chest still coming in nice, back biceps and triceps are remarkable!!! I am VERY pleased AND i am back to feeling GREAT!!! Had a shake for breakfast, pizza and wings for lunch, leftover pizza for dinner, and a huge glass of milk before bed. Libido is still UNREAL!!!

Monday(Day 17):
Woke up this morning with a little bloat. Should subside by the end of the day as I'm back to no carbs. Today is ME upper. Will report back later.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
What's page ranking? Why does PR come up as that? I meant Personal Record.
I figured you meant Personnal Record. I don't have a clue where page ranking came from, maybe it's something the web page inteprets.

405 x 8, good googly moogly! Any idea what your single max is?

purepower10

Awards
Not yet. Several weeks ago I maxed out at 455, but that was some time ago. But thats alot of the purpose of this first cycle is to try and hit the 500 mark. I told myself I wouldn't run my first cycle until I hit 500 naturally, but the temptation became too much to bear.LOL!!! I started reading the results people were getting on their first cycles and I bit the bullet. I'm estimating about a 475 max currently(I hope). It's hard for me to estimate because I had hit 405 4 reps several months ago and thought I could get 455 then and when I tried it, it almost destoyed me!LOL!!! I'll probably try to max again during my 2nd week of PCT because thats about when Flat Bench will come around again. I'll do Military Press for ME today, Close Grip Flat next ME, and I should still be "ON" for the monday and tuesday of the 5th week which will be Floor presses then back to Flat Bench the following Monday. Also I'm not weighing myself until it's over, but I would LOVE to hit 500 raw under 250 in bodyweight!!! Thats what I hope for. You're a big dude!!! What do you bench? Or you just work on Hypertrophy?

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Not yet. Several weeks ago I maxed out at 455, but that was some time ago. But thats alot of the purpose of this first cycle is to try and hit the 500 mark. I told myself I wouldn't run my first cycle until I hit 500 naturally, but the temptation became too much to bear.LOL!!! I started reading the results people were getting on their first cycles and I bit the bullet. I'm estimating about a 475 max currently(I hope). It's hard for me to estimate because I had hit 405 4 reps several months ago and thought I could get 455 then and when I tried it, it almost destoyed me!LOL!!! I'll probably try to max again during my 2nd week of PCT because thats about when Flat Bench will come around again. I'll do Military Press for ME today, Close Grip Flat next ME, and I should still be "ON" for the monday and tuesday of the 5th week which will be Floor presses then back to Flat Bench the following Monday. Also I'm not weighing myself until it's over, but I would LOVE to hit 500 raw under 250 in bodyweight!!! Thats what I hope for. You're a big dude!!! What do you bench? Or you just work on Hypertrophy?
So you don’t flat bench every week? It’s been a while since I’ve been to a gym dedicated to power lifting, but I think that’s what I remember they did, too. But I don’t think any of them came close to your bench. Good squatters, though. One dude was the first, or one of the first, to hit a 1000lb squat. I only personally remember 1 other person with your bench, and he bent all the “Olympic” bars where I am now, pretty much in the shape of a U.

My BMI might be high, but I’m only 5’5”, 190lb, never quite got to a 400lb bench. Right now I’m working out with 4 reps at 315, I guess my max is about 350lb. I’d like to get to a bench that’s twice my bw, whatever that turns out to be. Right now I’m only deadlifting slightly more than you’re bench goal; I got 505x3 yesterday.

What exactly is ME?

purepower10

Awards
Thats an EXCELLENT deadlift if you ask me! Especially for your weight! The most I've ever deadlifted was 545 and that was some time ago also and I still probably had you by 50lbs in bodyweight even tho I am ~6'2". The most I've ever squated ATG was 405. I've gotten folded up a few times with heavier squats tho.LOL!!! 1000lbs is rediculous weight!!! You only need 30lbs to get a double bodyweight bench. That is very attainable. Are you bulking?

I actually workout at home. I got a power-rack, olympic set w/ about 700 in weights, whole set of jump stretch bands, couple dumbell handles, and an adjustable bench(incline, decline, etc). My olympic bar is all warped up too.

ME is "Max Effort." On those days I try to work up to a 1-3 rep max depending on how I'm feelin. I switch ME exercises every week. I usually pick 4 or 5 and cycle them for 8-10 weeks as to try and hit each exercise twice before switching up the rotation.

How did the Phera treat you? I picked up a bottle to put in the stash for later since it came back in stock. Don't know when I'm gonna use it.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Thats an EXCELLENT deadlift if you ask me! Especially for your weight! The most I've ever deadlifted was 545 and that was some time ago also and I still probably had you by 50lbs in bodyweight even tho I am ~6'2". The most I've ever squated ATG was 405. I've gotten folded up a few times with heavier squats tho.LOL!!! 1000lbs is rediculous weight!!! You only need 30lbs to get a double bodyweight bench. That is very attainable. Are you bulking?

I actually workout at home. I got a power-rack, olympic set w/ about 700 in weights, whole set of jump stretch bands, couple dumbell handles, and an adjustable bench(incline, decline, etc). My olympic bar is all warped up too.

ME is "Max Effort." On those days I try to work up to a 1-3 rep max depending on how I'm feelin. I switch ME exercises every week. I usually pick 4 or 5 and cycle them for 8-10 weeks as to try and hit each exercise twice before switching up the rotation.

How did the Phera treat you? I picked up a bottle to put in the stash for later since it came back in stock. Don't know when I'm gonna use it.
Re: deads. Thanks, I actually got to 525x3 last May, clean, but I was about 20 lbs heavier (fatter, mostly). I’m trying to stay (get) leaner, as long as I can keep my strength up. Basically, I go for power on benches, squats, and deads; hypertrophy on everything else.

Nice home setup, I could never do it, though. I need to be in a gym to stay focused. When you say ME, does that imply that you generally only go to failure on those exercises on those days? ATG, nice; most people I see have shitty squats.

I loved my phera cycle. I stacked it with epi ‘cause I heard phera can be wet and I didn’t want the back pumps, but basically the focus was the phera. I probably liked it too much. About all I wanted to do was lift and eat for 5 weeks, literally. I made a few mistakes, but all in all it was pretty good. I’ll probably do it again next year. Depending on how your cycle goes, I’d still recommend something milder before you do phera, but still it might be prudent to stock up on a few bottles, just in case it disappears. The details are in my log, I can point you to the correct posting numbers for any questions.

purepower10

Awards
Re: deads. Thanks, I actually got to 525x3 last May, clean, but I was about 20 lbs heavier (fatter, mostly). I’m trying to stay (get) leaner, as long as I can keep my strength up. Basically, I go for power on benches, squats, and deads; hypertrophy on everything else.

Nice home setup, I could never do it, though. I need to be in a gym to stay focused. When you say ME, does that imply that you generally only go to failure on those exercises on those days? ATG, nice; most people I see have shitty squats.

I loved my phera cycle. I stacked it with epi ‘cause I heard phera can be wet and I didn’t want the back pumps, but basically the focus was the phera. I probably liked it too much. About all I wanted to do was lift and eat for 5 weeks, literally. I made a few mistakes, but all in all it was pretty good. I’ll probably do it again next year. Depending on how your cycle goes, I’d still recommend something milder before you do phera, but still it might be prudent to stock up on a few bottles, just in case it disappears. The details are in my log, I can point you to the correct posting numbers for any questions.
Something milder like what? Actually I was thinking about doing a 6 week cut w/ 200mg of Fura a day and just 15mgs of phera a day to help keep my strength. Then later in the year I want to do a full phera cycle for 15/30/30/30 or 30/30/30/30. What you think?

purepower10

Awards
Monday(Actually Day 15): Just realized I got my days wrong. OOPS!

Seated Military PressActually about 80 degrees on the bench w/ bar touching collarbone at the bottom of lift):
45x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x4 P.R.!!!*
135 2 sets of 20

*I have weak shoulders and have really just began incorporating overhead lifts over the last few months. I've read various article about their importance in powerlifting. Some say yay, others say nay.

Bent-Over Rows:
135x12-squeezing at the top
185x12-squeesing at the top
225x12-partials, didn't fully extend arms on the negative

Seated-Dumbell Powercleans:
50lbs each db for 3 sets-12,10,8

Curl Circuit:
1. Dumbell Concentration Curl 3 sets 12 each arm alternating each arm w/ no rest
2. Slow and controlled standing dumbell curls, 4 sec. up, 4 sec. down 12 reps
3. Mini Jump Stretch band curls performed ballistic fashion until failure

Overall: This workout was AMAZING!!! You guys were right about it kicking in on the 3rd week!!! Everything in my upper body was hella pumped!!! The P.R. on Military press was beastly!!! I put the bench at 80 degrees so I can touch the top of my collarbone. When the bench is at 90 degrees I can't come down that far. And for you that don't know, those seated-dumbell powercleans really do a number on your traps. Libido still soaring!

Tuesday(Day 16):
Low Box Squats:

12 sets of 2 w/ 185lbs in weight and 150lbs in Jump Stretch Bands*

*Didn't feel explosive today so I just did regular low box squats instead of Dynamic.

Good Mornings:
5 sets of 12 w/ Strong Jump Stretch Band

Calf Raises:
275 3 sets of 12

Abs:
Crunches supersetted w/ leg raises for 5 sets of 20 each

Overall:

Still feeling great. I breezed right through the workout. I think I may try to go heavy on Friday's Lower body workout. I am DEFINATELY loosing bodyfat!!! I noticed more definition in my quads today! I never really pay any attention to my quads(I'm and upper body freak.LOL!), but they were definately more defined!!! Love handles hadn't flattened out anymore, but I really feel alot leaner and harder.

Wednesday(Day 17):
Was going to do cardio but it is raining :( So.................
OFF

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
315x4 P.R.!!!*

Something milder like what? Actually I was thinking about doing a 6 week cut w/ 200mg of Fura a day and just 15mgs of phera a day to help keep my strength. Then later in the year I want to do a full phera cycle for 15/30/30/30 or 30/30/30/30. What you think?
Seated Press: 315x4 P.R. – fricking amazing, that’s as much as I’m benching.

Of what’s available now, I’m not sure what I would recommend based on personal experience, but based on what you’re doing now your doses look ok to me. At your weight you could bump the phera up a little, but judging how you’re responding now, probably isn’t necessary.

I’m not sure if 6 weeks isn’t a little long. Listen to your body and end it earlier if necessary.

Because of the theory of heart related issues, I’m not sure I would want to do phera more than about once a year and based on you’re the success of your current cycle, IMO, it doesn’t seem worth the risk.

purepower10

Awards
Seated Press: 315x4 P.R. – fricking amazing, that’s as much as I’m benching.

Of what’s available now, I’m not sure what I would recommend based on personal experience, but based on what you’re doing now your doses look ok to me. At your weight you could bump the phera up a little, but judging how you’re responding now, probably isn’t necessary.

I’m not sure if 6 weeks isn’t a little long. Listen to your body and end it earlier if necessary.

Because of the theory of heart related issues, I’m not sure I would want to do phera more than about once a year and based on you’re the success of your current cycle, IMO, it doesn’t seem worth the risk.
Thanks for the insight. That makes alot of sense. You're probably right. Plus I read about the heart issues of Phera too. Maybe I'll hold off on it for a while until I hit a serious plateau. I mean since I purchased the set of jump stretch bands last year I haven't really plateaued since. Maybe I'll do another H-Drol and Fura cycle and bump up the dosages on the H-Drol to 75mg/day for 4 weeks. Have you had any experience with Propadrol or Trenadrol? I hear alot of talk about them. They seem a little vague if you ask me, but people rave over the strength gains from them and you know I'm all about strength gains!!!

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight. That makes alot of sense. You're probably right. Plus I read about the heart issues of Phera too. Maybe I'll hold off on it for a while until I hit a serious plateau. I mean since I purchased the set of jump stretch bands last year I haven't really plateaued since. Maybe I'll do another H-Drol and Fura cycle and bump up the dosages on the H-Drol to 75mg/day for 4 weeks. Have you had any experience with Propadrol or Trenadrol? I hear alot of talk about them. They seem a little vague if you ask me, but people rave over the strength gains from them and you know I'm all about strength gains!!!

I've done neither but I'm thinking about doing a Propadrol cycle this summer. I hear it stacks well with hdrol (which I've done before). Actually, I heard (don't remember where, somewhere on AM) that it's best stacked, so I might do a prop/hdrol stack. I don't remember seeing any propadrol logs but I need to try searching again.

purepower10

Awards
I've done neither but I'm thinking about doing a Propadrol cycle this summer. I hear it stacks well with hdrol (which I've done before). Actually, I heard (don't remember where, somewhere on AM) that it's best stacked, so I might do a prop/hdrol stack. I don't remember seeing any propadrol logs but I need to try searching again.
I've been researching and Fura gets alot of good reviews for a cutter. And I can honestly vouch for that. I think the muscle hardness and leaness can be attributed to the Fura and probably the strenght to the H-drol, but whos to say since I'm stacking them. Thats just my opinion.

Now I'm thinking of running Fura for 6 weeks for my cut. Maybe 200mg for the first 2 weeks and bump it to 300 for the last 4 and just run it solo. I see guys who weigh 200-250 using 250mgs per day, but since I've been running it at 200 for a first cycle w/ H-drol, I don't think adding 50mgs to my morning dose and night dose will be that intolerable. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm really enjoying my first run with it.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I've been researching and Fura gets alot of good reviews for a cutter. And I can honestly vouch for that. I think the muscle hardness and leaness can be attributed to the Fura and probably the strenght to the H-drol, but whos to say since I'm stacking them. Thats just my opinion.

Now I'm thinking of running Fura for 6 weeks for my cut. Maybe 200mg for the first 2 weeks and bump it to 300 for the last 4 and just run it solo. I see guys who weigh 200-250 using 250mgs per day, but since I've been running it at 200 for a first cycle w/ H-drol, I don't think adding 50mgs to my morning dose and night dose will be that intolerable. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm really enjoying my first run with it.
From what I’ve read, you’re probably right about the Fura and hdrol effects. It’s probably good you’re not going to stretch the hrdol out any further, you’re too frickin’ strong as it is. :blink: The wear and tear on your equipment is gonna get costly.

Glad you’re enjoying it. The major problem I have with bumping up the doses is insomnia, but I’m a pretty light sleeper, but I’ve seen it happen often in the logs, too. As far as stretching it out, just pay attention to your body and make sure you’re not all overtrained and/or suppressed when you end it. IMO, it’s better to go into PCT feeling good rather than shitty.

purepower10

Awards
From what I’ve read, you’re probably right about the Fura and hdrol effects. It’s probably good you’re not going to stretch the hrdol out any further, you’re too frickin’ strong as it is. :blink: The wear and tear on your equipment is gonna get costly.

Glad you’re enjoying it. The major problem I have with bumping up the doses is insomnia, but I’m a pretty light sleeper, but I’ve seen it happen often in the logs, too. As far as stretching it out, just pay attention to your body and make sure you’re not all overtrained and/or suppressed when you end it. IMO, it’s better to go into PCT feeling good rather than shitty.
I agree. I think I'd rather start PCT feeling good than shitty. Got a week and two days to go before weigh in!!!

purepower10

Awards
Thursday(Day18):
Flat Bench Press
45 2 sets of 12
135x12
225x12
315x8
405x7 :( (-1 rep from previous week)

Pull-ups
4 sets of 7, 1 set of 6

Triceps Extensions w/ Strong Jump Stretch Band
30(P.R.),25,20

Hammer Curls
3 sets 20 each arm w/ 50lb dumbells

Overall: I still feel pretty good. Bench presses felt EXTREMELY heavy though. Probably because I did them two weeks in a row on DE day. Everything else was fairly easy. Got an incredible pump!!! Libido seems to only be slightly elevated now.

Friday(Day 19):
Power Cleans and Press
7 sets 3-135,185,225 5 sets

Step-ups
4 sets 8

Good Mornings
5 sets 12

Abs
100 crunches
50 leg raises

Overall: Felt like switching it up a little. I was watching a worlds strongest man episode with the log and decided to do some clean and presses. These were fast and strong. I didn't push the limit, just wanted them to be explosive and they were. Overall great workout/feeling of well being. Libido same.

Saturday: OFF, Carbs, Carbs, and more carbs

Sunday: OFF, Carbs, Carbs, and more carbs

*I thought I would be able to stay away from carbs during this log, but I have failed. Diet has turned back into low carb mon-fri and carbs on weekends. Its extremely hard to stay away from carbs on the weekend as my wife and I are out alot or out of town.

purepower10

Awards
Monday(Day 22):

Close Grip Bench Press(First fingers on smooth part of bar):
45x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
365x3
385x1
405x1
425x1
435x1="P" 2 da mutha freakin "R"!!!!!!!!
225 2 sets of 20

Bent-Over Rows
225 2 sets of 12
135 2 sets of 12

Rear Delt Laterals
4 sets of 12

Curl superset
20 reps of mini-band curls immediately followed by 10 reps of dumbell concentration curls on each arm for 5 total sets w/ 50lb dumbell

Overall: I AM FEELING GREAT!!! MY TRICEPS WERE FIRING SO HARD!!! MY BAR SPEED WAS INCREDIBLE!!! It was like I was unracking the weight and instantly locking it out. It was like I never saw the negative portion of the lift. I can't wait til next monday for the Floor Press! Then I'll be maxing out going for that 500 monday after next!!! Bent-Over rows didn't go well at all. My upper back and lower back began to cramp up pretty bad. I've only had the talked about dreaded back pumps a couple times in all during this cycle, but it was acting today. The pump from curls was freakin rediculous as usual, and it seems as though my arms are really growing due to all the hypertrophy work I've been doing on them lately. My wife even comented on them. Libido is up again today!

purepower10

Awards
I like this level of detail.

You’re gonna explode :cheers: :eek:
I'm feeling real strong right now. It's really starting to kick in!!!

O/T-Have you seen the advertisements about 3-AD? They say its unmethylated Phera and 11-oxo along with some other goodies. What do you think about this product?

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling real strong right now. It's really starting to kick in!!!

O/T-Have you seen the advertisements about 3-AD? They say its unmethylated Phera and 11-oxo along with some other goodies. What do you think about this product?

I've just started following the logs, I was waiting for the preliminaries to be over. I didn't realize they were unmethylated, I guess I'm going to have to pay a little closer attention. I really don't need to increase my stash, but if it's anything like phera I might have to make an exception.

I'm afraid however, if you took anything like phera, there wouldn't be enough weights left in the world for the rest of us.

purepower10

Awards
I've just started following the logs, I was waiting for the preliminaries to be over. I didn't realize they were unmethylated, I guess I'm going to have to pay a little closer attention. I really don't need to increase my stash, but if it's anything like phera I might have to make an exception.

I'm afraid however, if you took anything like phera, there wouldn't be enough weights left in the world for the rest of us.
LOL!!! Thanks! I really hope I hit 500. To tell you the truth, I really want the 5 plates for the visual effect.LOL!!! When you see the 5 plates, the 2.5s don't really make a difference when it comes to the visual.LOL!!!

P-Plex is the only thing hormonal I have in the stash right now. I may add a couple bottles of this for later, but I want to see what Patrick Arnolds new invention is first. What do you have in the stash?

purepower10

Awards
Tuesday(Day 23):

Low Box Squats w/ Strong Bands:
Worked up to 225lbs on bar + ~200lbs band tension
3 working sets of 3

Rack Deadlifts:
315 5 sets of 6

Calf Raises:
315 3 sets of 20

Ab Circuit
Until Failure(3 circuits)

Overall: Workout felt pretty darn good! I didn't know I was going to be able to work up to 225 in weight with the blue bands. Especially considering the box I was using was several inches below parallel. I haven't really used the strong(blue) bands that much with my actual lifts, but I think I'm going to start. I've been mostly using the average(green) bands. Rack deadlifts felt great! I didn't push the limit but kept it moderate with quality reps. The calf raises were a little unorthodoxed.LOL! I think I used a little to much weight. My knees started to get into it a little. I was kinda bouncing with the weight on my back.LOL! Calfs were pumped though! Libido still good!

Wednesday(Day 24):
1 mile brisk walk
Basketball in the backyard (just shot around)
-Today I felt irritated all day today. Then a lil depressed in the evening. No libido at all. Weird. This maybe the first sign of a side effect! If it is, fortunately it'll all be over Tuesday.

Thursday(Day 25):
Woke up this morning and libido was high again. weird. will report back later.

warren

Awards
hi mate im considering this for my next cycle , im on jw at te moment. have you enjoyed it so far? what is your weight like now you up or down? and im guessing you dropeed bf? ceers warren

purepower10

Awards
hi mate im considering this for my next cycle , im on jw at te moment. have you enjoyed it so far? what is your weight like now you up or down? and im guessing you dropeed bf? ceers warren

I have GREATLY enjoyed this cycle!!! I've felt great all the way through! I had a bad day yesterday, but I'm great today so I can't attribute my bad day to the cycle. I would definately recommend this to others. I'm going to weigh in tommorrow. I started at 248, so I'll post the results Monday since I don't work tommorrow. I have definately gained some muscle and lost fat though!!! My arms and chest are more defined and full. My love handles have flattened out pretty well. Upper abs visible(top 4). Biceps and Triceps have swollen up pretty good. I'm definately pleased!

purepower10

Awards
Thursday(Day 25):
Dynamic Bench
8 sets of 3, 185lbs in weight 150lbs of band tension

Pull-ups
3 sets to failure

Rear Delt Laterals
4 sets 12

Dumbell Military Press (Seated)
4 sets 12

Curls
None

Overall: Just an average basic workout. Trying not to overdue it on assistance work and start focusing on maxing out. Libido good!

Friday(Day 26):

***WEIGHT IS 254!!! +6LBS***-I've lost a good bit of fat along with this weight gain so the net is probably more, but I don't know how to determine exactly. Not bad for a first cycle w/ a calorie defecit during the week if I say so myself.

Basketball, Basketball, and more Basketball
-To tired to lift.

Saturday(Day 27):
Just noticed I'm 3 short on my H-Drol!!! A 60 cap bottle should last 30 days at 2 caps a day!!! I've only got 57 caps as the bottle will only last me to day 29's first dose!!! And whats even weirder is that when I checked by Fura bottle to make sure it wasn't short, I got 2 EXTRA caps in it!!! WTF?!!!

Deadlifts
10 sets 3 w/ 315

Calf Raises
3 sets 25

Ab Circuit

Overall: Saturday is normally an off day for me when it comes to the weights, but since I missed Friday due to excessive cardio I wanted to make it up with a moderate workout.

Sunday(Day 28):
OFF

Monday(Day 29):
Today is ME Floor Press!!!

purepower10

Awards
Monday(Day 29):

Cardio
bike for 20 mins

Floor Press w/ 4 second pause at the bottom:
45 2 sets of 5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
365x5
385x2
405x1
415x1
225 2 sets of 20

Bent-Over Rows:
155 4 sets of 12

Bent-Over Rear Delts:
4 sets 12

Hammer Curls:
2 sets 10

Overall:Rode the bike for 20 minutes before workout at a very mild pace to try and get going. Didn't really feel like working out. Not sure if the 415 on the floor press is a PR for a couple reasons. One, the last time I did floor press was the first workout of this cycle and I had to stop due to some complications. And two, I wish I had dropped own to sets of 3 when I hit 225 and then dropped to singles at 365. I think I was burning my strength on too many reps. Bent-Over rows were a catastrophy once more due to back pumps and cramping(I honestly just forgot to take my tauring before workout, I meant to.). Curls felt a little weak. Didn't really feel like moving the weight. Since I had no more H-Drol I didn't have my dose an hour before w/o, only Fura. Tommorrow will only be 3 doses of Fura, but 100mg per dose since I had 2 extra pills.

Tuesday(Day 30):
Rode bike 20 minutes this morning. Took 100mgs of Fura. Will report back later. Todays workout is DE lower. PCT start tommorrow.

purepower10

Awards
Tuesday(Day 30):

Warm-up:
Went outside and shot some jumpers and free-throws for 15-20mins

ATG Squats:
bwx5
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x1
335 3 sets of 3

Dimel Deadlifts:
185 2 sets of 20

Calf Raises:
225 3 sets of 25

Abs:
Weighted situps 3 sets of 10

Overall: Lower body workout felt great today! Decided against DE. Like I said, the most I've ever ATG squated was 405 and I haven't really pushed lower body for some time now. So I was really content with the workout. Didn't even have any H-Drol to take today, only Fura. I took 300mgs of Fura divided into 3 doses. PCT starts tommorrow.

Wednesday(PCT Day 1):
Took 50mg of Torem this morning and will take 50mg tonight and stay at 50mg at night until the bottle is gone which should be about 30days. I don't think I'm going to start the Diesel Test just yet. Since this is my first time I want to see the effects of the SERM solo. Really the only thing I'm worried about keeping is my strength. I'm going to max out on Flat Bench Monday!!! I think I'm going to run some sprints today.

purepower10

Awards
Wednesday(PCT Day 2):
Not much to report. Rain hit so I couldn't go outside and sprint. Rode bike 40 minutes. No libido. Felt real sluggish.

Thursday(PCT Day 3):
Rode bike 20 minutes in A.M. Feeling better. Average libido. Ran sprints in the P.M. after work. Going to move my DE day to Friday. I feel like I need an extra day of rest from Mondays workout.

Friday(PCT Day 4):
Rode bike 20 minutes this A.M. DE day will be today. MAX out will be Monday. Feeling alot better this morning. Libido is still average but present.

purepower10

Awards
Friday(PCT Day 5):

Dynamic Bench Press(155 + 150 Band Tension):
8x3

Triceps Extensions w/ Strong Band:

Pull-ups(Slow negative and fully relax and hang a few seconds at the bottom):

5 sets of 3

Rear Delt Raises:
5 sets of 12

Curls:
3 sets 10

Overall: This was actually a dynamite workout! It felt really good and strong. I didn't feel lazy or sluggish at all. I have been taking 100mg torem everyday of PCT now(50mg morning, 50mg night) but I took all 100mgs at night on friday and man let me just say THE BOYS ARE BACK! Its even seems the boys are BETTER!LOL!!! A lil too much info I know, but I was truly amazed I would be feeling this good this soon. I was expecting to be a lil down for the first two weeks of PCT. I hear most people saying that there strength continues through PCT but they feel down and out for a couple weeks before everything evens out. So far on this Cycle and PCT I have experienced NO SIDES AT ALL. I hope it continues this good. I never saw any signs of shutdown, hair loss, acne, etc. OOPS! I did get back pumps a few times. I'm also loosing alot of water weight which is causing an even more pronouced leaning out effect. I was only 251(down 3lbs from conclusion of cycle) this morning, but I still look more massive in the mirror!

Saturday(PCT Day 6):
OFF(a lil basketball w/ neighborhood kids, nothing to even really break a sweat)
100mgs torem before bed

Sunday(PCT Day 7):
OFF-100mgs torem before bed

Monday(PCT Day 9):
Feeling great!!! 20minutes on bike this morning. Ate "regular" all weekend which means I had my shakes and made sure I got my protein, but I had a few cheat meals this weekend. Was 253 this morning and felt slightly bloated. TODAY IS "MAX OUT" DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! going to continue the torem for 2 more days at 100mgs before bed. Then I'm going to drop it to 50mgs for 7 more days. Then I'm going to run 6-OXO tapered down for 4 weeks(3,2,2,1) w/ Diesel Test. And that'll be it!!! Reminder: TODAY IS "MAX OUT" DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

purepower10

Awards
Monday(PCT Day 9):

Flat Bench Press:
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x1
365x1
405x1*
425x1*
445x1**
465x1**
475x0=fail:(
475x0=fail again:(
470x1=hideous, but got it up.
225 2 sets of 20

*These two sets felt GREAT! By bar speed was so rediculously FAST! I was feeling good about what I was going to put up on this day with those two sets. I did this max out at this little hole in the wall spa gym here locally. The guys there commented on how fast I put up the weight(I had drawn a lil crowd).

**Then these two sets hit. I hit the weight, but I could tell my form was starting to fall apart slightly. I was having trouble with the path of the bar. I couldn't keep my straight line and I was touching slightly high on my chest. Didn't feel good at all.

:( I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! I expended to much energy on the previous two sets trying to keep the weight in line. I was going to try it again but I didn't want to leave a total failure, so I set my pride aside and instead of putting up that beautiful 4 plates and a 35, I put that hideous 25 back up there with a 5 and a 2.5. Maybe I'm OCD, but I hated the way that looked on the bar!!! Kinda like when you see guys benching 215 or 310 or something. I be saying to myself just put the 2 plates on, or just put the 3 plates on! I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! I keep saying it because, I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! And yes I'm complaining about hitting 470 and not 475 because I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! Sorry to vent, but I'll say all in all the cycle added 20lbs to my bench(technically 15 according to the max out) since I benched 455 previously and 475..............I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!

Overall Remarks: I guess this will wrap it up for a while as I only Flat Bench about every 8-10 weeks. Also I'm sure you guys could care less how the rest of my PCT and workouts go as I feel I've already recovered. Oh well, 500 is still on the horizon. We'll see where my hard work gets me in the next 2-2.5 months, then it'll be time to crack open the P-Plex:)

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Monday(PCT Day 9):

Flat Bench Press:
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x1
365x1
405x1*
425x1*
445x1**
465x1**
475x0=fail:(
475x0=fail again:(
470x1=hideous, but got it up.
225 2 sets of 20

:( I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! I expended to much energy on the previous two sets trying to keep the weight in line. I was going to try it again but I didn't want to leave a total failure, so I set my pride aside and instead of putting up that beautiful 4 plates and a 35, I put that hideous 25 back up there with a 5 and a 2.5. Maybe I'm OCD, but I hated the way that looked on the bar!!! Kinda like when you see guys benching 215 or 310 or something. I be saying to myself just put the 2 plates on, or just put the 3 plates on! I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! I keep saying it because, I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! And yes I'm complaining about hitting 470 and not 475 because I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!!! Sorry to vent, but I'll say all in all the cycle added 20lbs to my bench(technically 15 according to the max out) since I benched 455 previously and 475..............I KNOW I CAN HIT THIS WEIGHT!!!!

Overall Remarks: I guess this will wrap it up for a while as I only Flat Bench about every 8-10 weeks. Also I'm sure you guys could care less how the rest of my PCT and workouts go as I feel I've already recovered. Oh well, 500 is still on the horizon. We'll see where my hard work gets me in the next 2-2.5 months, then it'll be time to crack open the P-Plex:)

Far be it from me to give you advice on lifting, I understand why you did the 465, but why did you bother with both the 425 and 445 if maxing out was your goal? I agree, if you could do 470 after all that 475 was a given. Great progress, however, 15-20 lb gain is tremendous. :cheers:

Last edited:

purepower10

Awards
Far be it from me to give you advice on lifting, I understand why you did the 465, but why did you bothered with both the 425 and 445 if maxing out was your goal? I agree, if you could do 470 after all that 475 was a given. Great progress, however, 15-20 lb gain is tremendous. :cheers:
Thanks man! Once I start getting higher in weight I have to use smaller increments. I can't explain it, but for some reason it works better for me as I get closer to the max. Maybe its a mind thing, but it's like when you hit one weight it's not a shock with alot more weight on the next set. Its only modestly heavier than your previous set, hence I have the mentality that if I got the previous set, this one will be no problem.

P.S.-Did you get my PM?

purepower10

Awards
Quick update:

Strength is still up!!! I haven't deadlifted "Heavy" in quite some time. I got a day pass at a local gym because I was out of town yesterday and didn't want to miss my workout so I started deadlifting and it was feeling great! The sets went like this:

135x5
185x5
225x5
315x5
405x5-This felt so light! This set is what made me decide to max out!
495x1
545x1
585x1-P.R.!!!!!!!!!