How many grams of protein ON cycle before you see diminished returns?

How many grams of protien ON cycle before you see diminished returns?

• 1 gram per pound

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.5 grams per pound

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 2 grams per pound

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • greater than 2 grams per pound

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm starting a lean bulk with phera and would like to know how many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight that you believe would achieve maximum lean body mass gains.

My current diet is 300/300/50 at 195 pounds and 16%bf. I have been eating in this manner for quite some time. I want to make sure that I'm not selling myself short on potential gains in lean mass. At the same time, I want to be cautious with adding fat as this is a lean bulk.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately, there is not a universal answer for this and can greatly vary from person to person.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unfortunately, there is not a universal answer for this and can greatly vary from person to person.
Ha Ha... I get that :lol:

Let me revise the question: If I were Rodja, and I were running a phera cycle, how many grams of protien would I take in per pound of bodyweight, knowing that this will vary greatly from person to person? :toofunny:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha Ha... I get that :lol:

Let me revise the question: If I were Rodja, and I were running a phera cycle, how many grams of protien would I take in per pound of bodyweight, knowing that this will vary greatly from person to person? :toofunny:
For me, 1.25-1.5g/lb is what I aim for.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I personally shoot for at least 2 grams + per pound. I didnt really start gaining solid weight till i upped my protein. The More protein the better but thats just my opinion:thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally shoot for at least 2 grams + per pound. I didnt really start gaining solid weight till i upped my protein. The More protein the better but thats just my opinion:thumbsup:
Consider that it may not necessarily be the extra protein but rather the extra calories from the extra protein that are responsible for the weight ;)

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
During my first week of my phera cycle, i took in a little over 1.5g/pound. I usually have just UNDER 1.5/g per pound off cycle. I found that this increase didn't make a substantial difference other than adding a little fat.

I'm just starting week 2 and I can sort of "feel" that an increase in protein is going to be needed. Does that make any sense to anyone else? And, does that "feeling" have any warrant?

I'll be shooting for about 1.75g/pound this week and keep an eye on skinfolds. I have a feeling that as the hormone kicks in, I'll be able to continue an increase without detrimental effect on body fat.

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I try for around 1.5-2 g/lb for me any more is like flushing it down the toilet.