The "Real Deal" on Those First Few Weeks Cycle Gains

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Thought it would be a good topic to bring up to get some insight from everybody on all these guys that seem to gain all this riduculous weight in the first couple weeks of their cycles...and seem to think its muscle

For Instance,Someone who says"I'm 14 days in a Test/Tren cycle and I've gained 10-12 lbs....

I just really want to bring up the fact that alot of guys are starting their stats at day 1,which is fine.But what I'm trying to point out is that they start their bulk diet(increased calories )on day 1 also..and begin a new "lifting routine"
on day 1...

That part that some seem to miss is the fact that you just doubled your calories/food intake...of course your gonna gain a good 5 lbs...just from going from a standard diet to packing 1,000 calories in there every few hours...I mean alot of guys unfortunately don't keep as great a diet off cycle as they do when they're on...nowhere near as strict....And then of course everybody knows a couple of those pounds are probably water retention depending on the gear being used.If not more than a couple lbs...

I have to say I'm guilty of a few of these mistakes back before I knew better..

What I've learned from experience is when you have a cycle coming up,for instance your about to start a bulk cycle/routine....and your gonna double your calories from around 3k to 6k+ calories,the best thing you can do so you can actually track some actuall gains in those forst few weeks is to start your bulk diet ahead of time...

So start your increased calories 2 weeks ahead of time,BEFORE you start your cycle...so when your "day 1" actually gets there...your already packed full of food and your not gonna fool yourself into thinking you just gained 5 lbs in 3 days....or whatever...And do the same with your water intake...don't wait til' day 1 to start chugging down a gallon+ per day(which you should already be doing anyways)...its a very good practice to incorporate into your routines if your not already doing so.....

I'm hopeing alot of you chime in on this thread and share your thoughts on this.....

Wasn't sure to put this in the Cycle/Diet threads...since its kinda hitting on both the same..Mods feel free to move this thread if needed...

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I personally think this is So commonly overlooked ,more so with new users and that this should be Sticky'd,but thats up to you guys..:head:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I agree totally. I trip out on how much people gain even within the first week. I will only do a cycle based on what i am doing the couple of months before the cycle i.e. cutting, bulking, strength. If im bulking then i will do a bulking cycle and so on.

I am another who was guilty of being alot more in tuned to diet and training while on but not so much when off. I dont think im the only one this way but there are alot of people who do the opposite and lose track of diet and training because they are on.

Ive taken quite some time off to revamp my training and everything else with this lifestyle. I have been off of every type of supplement for a almost 2 months now, only thing i use now is whey and ive been making gains....I was planning on another cycle but i am making okay gains now so im just going to stick with this for now.

There should not be a sudden dedication when one starts their cycle it should already be there and tuned in.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I have been off of every type of supplement for a almost 2 months now, only thing i use now is whey and ive been making gains....I was planning on another cycle but i am making okay gains now so im just going to stick with this for now.

Thats exactly what I'm saying,More Often than not,Diet is more Important than all the Gear in the world...People don't realize that until years into it,and some never do....

Then theres always that one guy, that just eats dbol all year around and lives off McDonalds Dollar Menu and barely hits the gym....and is FREAKIN' HUGE!!!!Genetics are a B!TCH ! LOL:frustrate

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
The thing about it is Look at some of the worlds top pro IFBB Bodybuilders....ask any of those guys,ask them how much lean mass they gain in a year....you can Imagine that top pros can easily go through $20,000+ worth of gear in a years time,...sometimes twice that...and in reality are happy if they have gained and kept 5 additional lbs of mass....Thats like what...$4,000-$8,000 per lb...:jaw: Really Makes you Think...

Of course alot of that helps keep there gains also...