Iron's Promagnon-25 Log

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
So I really can’t find any good Promagnon-25 Logs on the board, so I decided to go ahead and run a stand alone. P25 is one of the older designers out there that is still around and easy to find. So it may be a good choice for everyone. Also, as a preface my bottle of P25 was purchased pre-2nd ban and has been sitting in my freezer up until last week (so probably a little under a year).

P25 is supposedly like Halodrol but with less sides. I never purchased nor have tried H50 so I won’t be able to compare this. Maybe some people can chime in with their H50 experiences to help compare, when and if I start feeling any sides.

I also want to get this out of the way so this log doesn’t turn into another debate…

P25 is 4-chloro-17a-methyl-andro-4-ene-3,17b-diol
H50 is 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-diene-3-17b-diol

Similar but different compounds. I believe H50 is a derivates of oral Tbol and P25 turns into MethylTest. I mean this has been discussed and argued for a while now, but the producers, competitors, users, testers, etc. So I’d rather not dive any deeper into this.

Okay…back to business…

Dosing:
Week 1: 50mgs (1 pill, twice a day) ED
Week 2: 50mgs (1 pill, twice a day) ED
Week 3: 50mgs (1 pill, twice a day) ED
Week 4: 50,50,50,75,75,75,75

post cycle therapy:
Nolva 40/30/20/10
Retain 3/3/3/3
DieselTest
CEE

Ancillaries and General Health:
Cycle Support 2 scoops daily
Multi
Glucosamine
Probiotic (from Dsade and Nutra)
Fish Oil
Taurine (only if needed)

Training is pretty basic…
1: Chest, Abs, Calves
2: Quads, Biceps, Abs, Calves
3: Back, Abs, Calves
4: Hamstrings, Triceps, Abs, Calves
5: Deltoids, Traps, Forearms, Abs, Calves
6: OFF (Abs?)
7: OFF (Abs?)

Diet…
50P/35C/15F

6 am: 1 cup Egg whites, 1 cup Oats
830 am: Whey Shake (2 scoops ON), 1 piece of Fruit
1130am: 1 can of Tuna, 1 cup Oats
3pm: Whey Shake (2 scoops ON), 1 piece of Fruit
530 pm: Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of steamed Veggies, 1 Cup Brown Rice
830pm: 1oz Almonds, 1 cup of Non-Fat Cottage Cheese, 1 Casein Shake w/ Skim
** 1.5-2 gals of water a day

…comes out to around 2500-3000 according to Fitday.com

Current Stats:
5’11”
195lbs
10% ish…
I’ll try get some pictures up…
(There are a few in my old log, I’m around the same)

My main goal for this was going to be to add as much muscle as possible but I changed it to just putting on a few lean lbs, 6 or 7 would be great, and lowering BF a percent or so. As well as putting a few more pounds onto my lifts and getting them back to where they were before last summer.

Hope this goes well, wish me luck,

PI

Last edited:
P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Quasi-Update:

Took 25 mgs at 545am this morning before taking the puppy for a walk.

Cycle support makes my whey shake taste a little chalky but not bad at all.

Also, the tablets look like pink Winny tabs (pentagons). Kinda funny.

Nothing else to really report, as it is day 1.

Oh, I wanted to note that I don't really do much cardio other than 3 long walks a day with my favorite girl, my dog Kirin(about 1 mile each).

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Watching, I ran a halodrol-50 cycle and have a bottle of this and can't wait to see how your results are. Good Luck.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
always wondered if this worked

glad someone is finally doin a log on it

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see people are watching...

Well after day two, the placebo effect is kicking in hard. My lifts in the gym took quite a leap today. Had a great Quad/Bicep workout.

I weighed myself preworkout today, which I will do from now on and I was up to 197.5 (for consistency, it is at around 4~430, after meal 4)

Sides are non existant.

I'll check back in in a day or two.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
back to 195...guess the two pounds was a bit of a fluke...

Lifts are still come along well. Something I am beginning to notice is I am a little bit hungrier than normal...But it is really still too early to tell.

Will update tomorrow when I have more time.

Last edited:
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll watch, but only to make snide remarks and taunt you...

:)

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to post this up before I forgot to...

My sleep is ****. The past two nights I haven't slept well and have a bit of a hard time waking up. I'm not going to say this has anything to do with the P25 as I've only been taking it for 4 days, but I will keep you up to date if it persists.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I never had a problem sleeping on Halodrol-50. But I never had a problem sleeping on acid either.oops maybe I shouldn't have said that.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Cid, me either....now X and Yeyo is a completely different story...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To interject, I had absolutely the most twisted dream once when I hippyflipped and fell asleep.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
never liked that...candy flipping was fun though.

Okay, less drugs, more hyoogeness...

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 morning update:

Tonight I will update with my weight.

As of this weekend, I was at 197. I really believe when Kneller wrote that this was similar or converted to (I forget which) methyltest, he was right. My libido is absouletly ridiculous. I thought Phera was good at libido boost, but honestly guys, I cant look at picture of a fully clothed woman without starting to get a stiffy and wanting to hump something. It is on my mind more than usual.

Other sides are acne. A little more on my face and back. Nothing major, just a small pimple here and there. Nothing major at all, and I'm definately prone to it.

I want to take my BP this week...

I was a little concerned that the P25 was causing lethergy, but I feel as though I was wrong. I think I was just tired. I got close to 8 full hours of sleep last night, that, with a cup of coffee this am and I'm doing great. Oh, and sleep is great, I sleep through the night without waking up, another new one for me.

Also, I now feel as though I am the "man", if you know what I mean. All reasons why I think P25 really is linked to MethylTest.

My weight is up a good 2 pounds in the first week, for those who can't subtract... I think this is a wet compound though. My stomach is bloated a little bit. Even with such a clean diet. Well in actuality, I did eat pretty horrible halftime during the EAGLES WIN!!!

WATCH OUT SAINTS!!!

I might try cutting out a little more sodium from my diet if this doesn't pass in a few days. But I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Lifts in the gym are steady. I couldn't squat last week, but my SLDL was at 315 for 6 and my Leg Press was at 900 for 8, both in 4th sets.

Today is chest so I'll get weight and lifts tonight.

Also, I'm going to be onsite Tue, Wed, and Thurs for work so you guys are going to have to miss me, unless I get a chance to get online at home. But if I still want 8 hrs of sleep an hour at the gym and some time playing with the puppy, it will be a stretch to find it.

Until next time,
PI

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I really would like to start updating this Log daily or atleast ever other day from now on.

My weight was sitting at 198 a few days back. But I haven't been able to make it to the gym the past two days. Late work plus girlfriend issues doesn't make for an easy time. I actually tried to get there but i was sitting in traffic for 30 minutes and moved about 2 miles, in a 5 mile drive, I just gave up.

Will be there after work today, Saturday and Sunday. Taking the holiday off to insulate an attic.

As for the P25, my appearance is great. Muscle bodies are bigger and I look much fuller. I could be a bit more vascular, but honetly after at SD/ZOL run last year I gained so much vascularity and didn't lose it during my time off, it was amazing.

I do think I'm at 200 right now. I will check at the gym tonight.

Strength increase is nice. Not as good as PP or SD though. But there.

Good sense of well being...makes me really want to do a test bulker this winter...

Sides: Body feels fine. The few pimples on my back have subsided. My face is still broken out a bit, to the extent I had in High School before Accutane.

Hair is Fine. Balls are intact. The little guy is more than eager to come out and play even at the worst times.

Bankshot

Bankshot

Awards
Subscribed. Was looking for a P25 log. Any exact bf% goals? Was considering it in some sort of recomp.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
BF goals are to stay the same, I am basically looking to gain some weight. Around 10...I'll start cuttin closer to/into the summer...

I'm kind of getting frustrated with this stuff. No real weight gain and almost through two weeks. I going to up the cals for the remainder.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
If it works anything like halodrol it won't start working untill about week 3

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of this in my supp. locker as well, I am on day 7 of my first Haladrol cycle, so some day I may be abel to judge the difference between the two, did u ever ck. your BP ???

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'll hit up the BP tomorrow...moms is a nurse, so I like her to do things like that, whenever I'm home.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have been watching this log. I ran a Halodrol-50 cycle back in October and I didn't see any real difference till about the third week. And it continued into PCT. Weeks 3,4,and 5 and some of 6.
5and 6 were the part of pct I saw some weight gain. Remember You should be losing fat around your waist at the same time you are gaining some muscle so the scale will look the same.
As far as BP, Mine was elevated the entire cycle. And when your blood work is done your LDL's will be Screwed up. Mine was WAAAAY down. My DR almost had a stroke. I told him I was eating a lot of fried chicken.
Uping your caloric intake will help also. I ate more carbs and still lost weight around the waist.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Lets hope this third week thing is the charm.

My lifts in the gym are way up. endurance also.

I need to keep this short but I wanted to update.

Weight is still 197.
BP is 128/78...almost perfect...
Acne is going away.
Libido and erections are quite nice.

Thats all I got for right now...my life is so damn busy right now, its amazing i can fit my meals and the gym in,

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i will be starting this cycle in 2 weeks my first cycle....i know very little about cycles and if anyone can offer GOOD advise on things like post cycle supps and what they know from their OWN experience that would be much appreciated...don't want to screw myself up or get good results just to lose them after the cycle...but i like this thread and will contuine to read it...it's got some of the infomation i believe will help....thanks

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Whatr are you planning on running and how? What are your stats, diet and training like?

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Okay...another quick update,

My muscle are much fuller, and my lifts are way up...

I'm going to invest in a scale this weekend..so i will updates weight with that from now on.

I feel good...i really think this is similar to methyltest...

Bankshot

Bankshot

Awards
Quick question, you mentioned bloat in an earlier post, did it ever subside?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i'll be running promagnon-25 for 3 weeks (again my 1st cycle) i'm on the side of caution, 1 tab-first five days then 2 tabs for the remainder, stats 30yrs. 6'1" 185 lbs. diet- 1500-2500 cals. 200g. protain...keeping close eye on fat and sugar to be @ low levels..really have to count carbs i have little idea on that info..blah blah blah

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Quick question, you mentioned bloat in an earlier post, did it ever subside?
Sorry for not following up on this. Yes it did subside. I'm looking amazing. Not sure about my exact weight but I'd say close to 200...

I think the bloat was due to the huge spike in protein in my diet.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
i'll be running promagnon-25 for 3 weeks (again my 1st cycle) i'm on the side of caution, 1 tab-first five days then 2 tabs for the remainder, stats 30yrs. 6'1" 185 lbs. diet- 1500-2500 cals. 200g. protain...keeping close eye on fat and sugar to be @ low levels..really have to count carbs i have little idea on that info..blah blah blah

I really think you shouldn't be running a steroid like P25. You're not ready for it yet. You need to do a hell of a lot more research, first off and at 6'1, 185, you are no where near your physical peak.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Moving on...

Day 18...

I'm not impressed with the Progmag in the least yet. Pumps in the gym are half decent. Lifts are up a bit. Gym intensity is up a bit. I really haven't seen any significant weight gain. It seems like the compound has given me a slight recomp effect.

I changed my gym schedule around for the time being.

Su: Off/Abs
M: Chest/Abs/Calves
Tu: Back/Traps/Abs/Calves
W: Off/Abs
Th: Legs/L. Back/Calves/Abs
F: Delts/Bis/Tris/Forearms/ABs/Calves
Sa: Off/Abs

I have upped my protein intake slightly. In turn I have upped my cals to over 3000. I am incorporating about two cheat meals a week. Sat/Sun dinners.

Sides are all but gone, it seems. No more acne or backne. My BP will get checked again this weekend. No headaches or anything else along those lines so I believe BP will be fine. Libido is crazy.

I think it was BAMA who said something about how it might take 3 weeks to kick in and then last through part of post cycle therapy. I have my fingers crossed that he is right, because as of right now, this hasn't been anything even remotely close to superdrol or PP.

Questions? Comment? Concerns? Hatred?

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
Have you noticed much in the way of strength gains? I'm currently running some h-drol. I know it's not the same compound but may be somewhat comparable. On day 13, I've noticed more recomp than raw mass. I am,however, pleased with the effect it's had on strength. Just wondering if you've noticed the same with promag25.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Strength was something I wanted to concentrate on during this cycle, but nothing drastic has seemed to come out of it. I wasn't looking for superdrol type of strength gains, but something decent.

I'm still looking to say the least.

That's not to say I haven't seen any increase at all. My lifts have all gone up a bit, just not what I was hoping.

Here's a few examples.

Before P25
Bench 275 x 4
Squat 315 x 4
Military DB Press 90 x 5

This week
Bench 315 x 1
Squat 335 x 3
Military DB Press 90 x 8

Now this might look like a decent jump, but after taking about 5 months off from lifting all together, and then only being abck in the gym a month and half before starting this cycle, I expeacted my lifts to be closer to the way I was before I took the time off. Which were more along the lines of Bench of 385 for 1 or 2, Squat of 455 for 1 or 2, Military DB of 95 by 6 or 7 depending on how I was feeling that day.

We will see...

Bankshot

Bankshot

Awards
Hm, if you're not so impressed with it by week 3 and past i'll be changing up my next cycle I think. Maybe something along the lines of a superdrol/zol stack.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully upping your calories and your carbs will do it because I Ate more when I was on it and thats when I saw the gains. I gained about 12 and kept 9or10. But I lost a few inches around my waist too.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully upping your calories and your carbs will do it because I Ate more when I was on it and thats when I saw the gains. I gained about 12 and kept 9or10. But I lost a few inches around my waist too.

I have my fingers crossed bro...

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 21...One week left.

I'm extremely not impressed with P25. Maybe I'm a non-responder to this stuff. My diet has been pretty damn good thorughout the entire cycle and before. Training has been great. I just can't seem to gain the weight you'd expect while on a designer steroid.

It has had mild recomping effects on me. A huge libido boost and that is pretty much it. My weight has fluctuated between 196 and 198 the entire time which I believe was the scale I've used.

Mentally I feel good, a bit tired in the morning's recently. Acne and backne has come and gone, although always has been sporatic(sp?) and easily clears up with some clean and clear.

Lifts are going well. A slight increase in weight, but not really on the intesity of workouts.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
One more thing. Since this has been such a pathetic cycle so far, I am thinking of modifying the PCT on it. Also, after talking to Ripped22 on another thread it got me thinking about it...

60 for 2 days, then 40/30/20...running powerfull, cee, dieseltest alongside...I'm dropping the cortisol blocker unless i see some real gains this final week.

Once this container cycle support runs out, I will continue using NAC and milk thistle...

The reason for shortening the PCT will be to not put extra stress on the liver that is not truly needed...

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Becuase this is not going very well, I am compelled to use something fun alongside of the rest of my planned PCT.

Right now it is as follows...
Nolva, PowerFULL, DieselTest, CEE
with extra Milk Thistle and NAC
and the normal Whey, Multi, Glucosamine, Fish Oil that I take year round.

I'm thinking I want to use one of these new products that companies have been coming out with. Remember this will be part of my PCT with the compounds listed above...

...MassFx vs. AnabolicPump vs. Bad Ass Mass...

...hopefully some people can chime in with some oppinions.

Basically, I guess my question would be, which of these would give the least amount of water retention with any possible gains?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought methyl test, while pretty anabolic on paper, was more reveired for it's androgenic properties....
While Im sure there are many people who will use it, and put on 10lbs, I have not read 1 instance of this happening to someone who has used before, or has a signifficant lifting history if ya know what I mean...

I thought of using P25 wit ha more anabolic progestin (lke LMG) to keep the libedo going...

I like to see something new being logged (although it's been around for some time)!

Reps!

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I thought methyl test, while pretty anabolic on paper, was more reveired for it's androgenic properties....
While Im sure there are many people who will use it, and put on 10lbs, I have not read 1 instance of this happening to someone who has used before, or has a signifficant lifting history if ya know what I mean...

I thought of using P25 wit ha more anabolic progestin (lke LMG) to keep the libedo going...

Exactly what I'm thinking. I actually think it will be great for that purpose.

This just wasn't the effect I was exactly expecting or looking for, so it is a little disappointing.

And, I am going to up the dose a little early. 75mgs from here on out. Doses will be taken at 6am, 2pm and 9pm

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
2nd day at 75...

Oficially day 22.

My lifts are getting better...slowly.

This is giving me a recomping effect. What I originally wanted, so I guess it isn't a complete dissappointment.

No weight gain.

Acne gone.

Libido still amazing.

Workouts a little more intense.

The mirror is the definate judge of everything for me, and I like the results there.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yeahright, I see that you edited my post, 2 above...can you give me the reason?

Just curious.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Yeahright, I see that you edited my post, 2 above...can you give me the reason?

Just curious.
You'd goofed up the quote coding so it wasn't working right....I just fixed the html. :hammer:

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I apologize again for the lack of updates.

Hectic life recently...it sucks.

Okay, I'm into post cycle therapy.

I didn't gain any weight. Ended at 198.

Attached are some pics taken yesterday.

My final reactin to P25 is that it will be good to run alongside of a more anabolic substance to help with libido issues. Also as a recomping agent.

The Good: Strength increased a bit. Muscle bodies seemed a bit fuller. Dropped a little water. Libido was the best part of it.

The Bad: Acne and no real size gain.

Here are the pics...

Last edited: