MethaQuad Extreme Log by StoneMountain

StoneMountain

Awards
Ladies and gentlemen,

A buddy of mine recently got injured and thus prevented his soon-to-be use of MethaQuad Extreme. Seeing as I had never taken a PH before, and he was selling it cheap with support (5% Nutrition Liver and Organ, Animal Pak, and some Clomid for standby), I figured why not. I'm not expecting anything extraordinary (honestly, not much at all). It was one bottle, for a 30 day supply. And the ingredients seem to be underdosed, so I'm not expecting much.
My best before lifts are:
Bench - 205x4 and 145x17
Squat - 365x8 and 265x20
Strict Overhead Press - 155x7 and 105x15
Deadlift - 455x6 and 325x18

My training program will be following Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 Powerlifting Variation.

Schedule

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Overhead
Tuesday - Deadlift
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Bench
Friday - Squat
Saturday - Injury Prevention / Mobility

My nutrition is the one thing that I can't track, so this will definitly be a dirty bulk, so hopefully not too much added fat (I'm already not the slinnest guy lol).
I'm 5'11" and 205lbs, and according to a body fat caliper, about 20% bodyfat.

I'll do my best to keep a consistent log each day, but I've never done a log, so it is a new experience. At the end of this I'll post before and after pictures if I think it's worth it to.
Also, if anyone has run this before and has reccommendations, I'm all ears.

StoneMountain

Awards
Update to my original post:

Bench - 205x5 and 155x14
Squat - 365x8 and 275x15

Other supplements are just basic whey and creatine.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Four

Bench Press Day:

-Flat Bench Press
1) 145x3
2) 165x3
3) 185x3
4) 205x6. Felt like could have gotten more reps, but our barbell has no knurling, so my hands slipped wide
5) 145x20
-Standing Overhead Press, 5 sets of 10 at 95lbs
-Lat Pulldowns, 5 sets of 10 at 175lbs

Felt stronger in the gym, however, don't know if I can attribute that to the PH. I'm not expecting to see anything until towards the end anyways.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Five

Squat Day

-Back Squat
1) 265x3
2) 295x3
3) 335x3
4) 375x9
5) 265x21
-Conventional Deadlifts, 5 sets of 10 at 275lbs
-Weighted Ab Machine, 5 sets of 10 at 90lbs

Still don't know if the PH is doing anything as of yet

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is it really worth fking with your hormones for something this low dosed?

I feel like a daily protein shake would yield more results...

But its good youll be documenting this for anyone thinking of running this kind of cycle

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day Five

Squat Day

-Back Squat
1) 265x3
2) 295x3
3) 335x3
4) 375x9
5) 265x21
-Conventional Deadlifts, 5 sets of 10 at 275lbs
-Weighted Ab Machine, 5 sets of 10 at 90lbs

Still don't know if the PH is doing anything as of yet
Strong squat numbers. Nice work on squats

StoneMountain

Awards
Is it really worth fking with your hormones for something this low dosed?

I feel like a daily protein shake would yield more results...

But its good youll be documenting this for anyone thinking of running this kind of cycle
I'm not worried. Since it is such a low dose, and I have the proper SERMS for just in case, it's pretty safe to be taking. Plus, it gives me a chance to see how my body reacts to the hormone before I consider running at higher dosages. And not to mention that it was given to me for free makes it a pretty good incentive to take lol

StoneMountain

Awards
Strong squat numbers. Nice work on squats
I appreciate it brother. I felt like I could have gone for more, but I'm on a ship right now, so the waves were a little hectic while I was squatting.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Six

Rest Day

One thing I have noticed is that I'm not sleeping as much. With that said though, I'm not as tired. I'm not sure if this is from the PH, but I figured it's worth mentioning. I'll be monitoring to see if that changes. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else that is clear-cut from the PH.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Seven

Another rest day, nothing to report.

Day Eight

Overhead Day

-Strict Overhead Press
1) 95x5
2) 115x5
3) 135x5
4) 155x5
5) 165x4
-Flat Bench Press, 5 sets of 10 at 145lbs
-Mid Row Machine, 5 sets of 10 at 170lbs

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Nine

Deadlift Day

-Conventional Deadlift
1) 295x5
2) 345x5
3) 395x5
4) 435x5
5) 455x5
-Back Squats, 5 sets of 10 at 265lbs
-Weighted Side Bends, 5 sets of 10 at 65lbs

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your Squat and Deads are good. But, your bench seems to be the weakest among the 3. Any specific reason?

StoneMountain

Awards
Your Squat and Deads are good. But, your bench seems to be the weakest among the 3. Any specific reason?
Well, I would imagine bench would be the weakest among the three lol :09:
But seriously, my bench is lagging for multiple reasons, but it basically boils down to in the past I hated benching, so I would either skip it (bench was my "leg day") or just not put as much effort into it. And then when I got interested in Strongman, I trained hard on Overhead but completely ignored Bench. Now I'm working on catching up what I had missed in the past.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I would imagine bench would be the weakest among the three lol :09:
But seriously, my bench is lagging for multiple reasons, but it basically boils down to in the past I hated benching, so I would either skip it (bench was my "leg day") or just not put as much effort into it. And then when I got interested in Strongman, I trained hard on Overhead but completely ignored Bench. Now I'm working on catching up what I had missed in the past.
lol. obviously. I was comparing to mine and your numbers. My 1 rep at the moment is 170kgs on Squats, 200kgs on Deadlift and 109kgs on Bench. You have much better numbers in the first 2 and weaker than me on Bench. Now I know the reason.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Ten

Rest day. Sleep is better so I don’t think that the hard time sleeping was from the PH (unless it was just a temp side).

Day Eleven

Bench Press Day

•Flat Bench Press
1) 135x5
2) 155x5
3) 175x5
4) 195x5
5) 205x5
6) 215x5
7) 225x3
•Standing Overhead Press, 5 Sets of 10 @ 105lbs
•Lat Pulldowns, 5 Sets of 10 @ 190lbs

Day Twelve

Squat Day

•Back Squat
1) 245x5
2) 285x5
3) 315x5
4) 355x5
5) 375x5
6) 395x5
7) 415x5 (felt like I could have kept going, but there was a group waiting for the squat rack and our gym only has one)
•Conventional Deadlifts, 5 Sets of 10 @ 325lbs

Notes:
Strength is increasing very rapidly. I don’t want to 100% say it’s due to the PH, however, these are some quick strength increases. For example, 3 weeks ago, I could only work up to a squat 4 rep max of 385. This week, I hit 415 for 5 and could have kept going.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Thirteen

Rest Day. Went to the Muscle Show in Dubai and met a lot of great people from all over.

Day Fourteen

Rest Day, nothing unusual.

Overall, strength has gone up. Size, I haven’t noticed anything to do with size (granted I’m not training for mass). I had to weigh myself the other day and I was 214lbs (from an original 205lbs) and my body fat was 19% (based off Marine Corps standards, which is what I was using in the first place to measure myself). Other things to consider, libido is unchanged.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9lbs in 2 weeks and 1% BF. That’s great considering how low dosed the compounds are.

StoneMountain

Awards
9lbs in 2 weeks and 1% BF. That’s great considering how low dosed the compounds are.
Yeah man, that's what I was thinking. However, I am most interested in post-cycle. How much of what I recieved will I actually be able to retain? :33:

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep us posted. Also, I think you should use it for 8 weeks

StoneMountain

Awards
Keep us posted. Also, I think you should use it for 8 weeks
I would love to. But I have no way of getting more right now. Plus, the only reason I took this in the first place is because it was given to me for free lol.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would love to. But I have no way of getting more right now. Plus, the only reason I took this in the first place is because it was given to me for free lol.
In the Middle East? the pricing for Methaquad is just ridiculous. But, looking at what you have gained till now, you would have added more with an 8 week cycle. Any how the shutdown will happen, why not use it to the fullest.

StoneMountain

Awards
In the Middle East? the pricing for Methaquad is just ridiculous. But, looking at what you have gained till now, you would have added more with an 8 week cycle. Any how the shutdown will happen, why not use it to the fullest.
Well, I haven't been in Dubai before, so I have no idea where to look for more lol. And I wasn't even going to run PH at all. I was going to go straight into AAS eventually, but I'm not at that point yet (plus, I don't even know where to look for them lol).
Anyways, I'm not concerned about buying more to run for 8 weeks. I'm just doing a quick product review/log for others to look at to help decide if they wanted to or not.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I haven't been in Dubai before, so I have no idea where to look for more lol. And I wasn't even going to run PH at all. I was going to go straight into AAS eventually, but I'm not at that point yet (plus, I don't even know where to look for them lol).
Anyways, I'm not concerned about buying more to run for 8 weeks. I'm just doing a quick product review/log for others to look at to help decide if they wanted to or not.
Dubai is a place to get anything you need if you know where to find them. Lol.. Dubai gyms are the place to go for AAS. If you’re interested I can get you a bottle of Methaquad. I am there on 26th this month.

StoneMountain

Awards
Dubai is a place to get anything you need if you know where to find them. Lol.. Dubai gyms are the place to go for AAS. If you’re interested I can get you a bottle of Methaquad. I am there on 26th this month.
Haha well, thanks for the insight. Maybe another time when I've done more research on them lol. I'm only here for a little while longer though, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass on your offer. Appreciate it though brother.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha well, thanks for the insight. Maybe another time when I've done more research on them lol. I'm only here for a little while longer though, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass on your offer. Appreciate it though brother.
Enjoy the city and it’s life.

StoneMountain

Awards
Day Fifteen (Halfway Point)

Overhead Day

•Standing Overhead Press (Strict)
1) 115x5
2) 135x3
3) 145x1
4) 155x8
5) 115x15, assisted 16th
•Flat Bench Press, 5 sets of 10 @ 145lbs
•Mid Row Machine, 5 sets of 10 @ 170lbs

Had to rush through my workout today (finished at around the 30 minute mark). Not the most ideal time for strength training, but some days it’s like that and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
Though, if I didn’t rush, I feel like I could’ve gotten another rep or two in the AMRAP sets