Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys,

I’m logging my first cycle, I know the andros aren’t the most exciting but hopefully it’s still of some interest.....

Background

I’m 36, 6’1 and 198lbs. About 15% bf (although it’s kinda hard to tell exactly as I used to be fat as **** so skins a bit all over).

Training 5 years, changed lifestyle when I started training and dropped 140lbs in a year. I now eat clean all the time, don’t drink, smoke or touch any other drugs (did them all to death in my 20’s tbh).

I’ve loved the fitness journey this far but keen to take it up a notch hence the cycle.

Cycle - 8 weeks

1/4 andro at 340 per day
Epi andro at 700/700/800/800/900/900/1000/1000
Using Cerberus from spartan (and topping up the epi with primeval epiandro max)

Mk677 at 12.5mg per day before bed

CEL cycle assist
Standard supps (fish oils, multi vit, garlic, cinnamon, zma, creatine, supergreens, glucosamine, green tea, vit d3, probiotic, turmeric, etc)

Have exem on hand just in case

Pct
Clomid 50/25/25/12.5 (have nolva as alternative as well)
M test 8 weeks stated dose
Mk677 at 25mg pd
Hcgenerate 8 weeks stared dose

Training

5 days, 3 hyperthropy, 2 strength
Focus on adding weight in first 2 weeks, then adding reps for remainder (recently finished a natty cut so should get some early strength regain).

I also run 5-10k fasted most mornings.

Current 1rm’s
Squat - 297 (was 319 pre cut)
Bench - 209 (maintained through cut)
Dead - 396 (was 404 pre cut)

Nutrition

Reverse dieting back up. Finished cut on 2,800 pd, currently up to 3,200 and will be 3,350 on Monday. Will add 150 Cals per day each week until around 3,800.

Macro split aim is 40:35:25 C:p:F

Been researching this for a while, excited to get on it and see what I can do. I’ll try to update every couple of days (daily when **** kicks in after 3 weeks or so).

Any questions/advice etc would be welcomed.

Would love you to come along for the ride

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Evening (well in the uk anyway, guessing midday ish over the pond),

Quick first day update, obviously nothing from the Cerberus (expecting that to take 3 weeks + to get going), did start the mk677 last night and had a terrible nights sleep.....struggled to drop off and then woke around 4.30am and couldn’t get back off (I normally sleep well).

I’ve seen a couple of comments from others saying it impacted their sleep but also lots that it should improve it (especially at 12.5mg). To be honest I think it was more just me being excited about getting things started and thinking to much. Will keep an eye on it though as love my sleep and would switch the mk to the morning if needed.

Hit legs and shoulders today, was expecting a rubbish session due to the aforementioned sleep but had one of the best I’ve had for ages. Was totally dialled in, focus was good and just felt a bit stronger. Obviously a placebo effect but nice never the less. Possibly a touch of the mk as well, I’ve seen that can kick in quick.

I also noticed a slightly euphoric feeling (like being on a really really mild ecstasy pill), again probably just buzzing off the prospect of some lean gains but a nice feeling.

Laters all

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys,

So there days in and it’s definitely all good so far.

Training has been ducking immense. For sure there’s an element of the ‘on’ feeling and I’d not long finished cutting so calories slowly going back up was always going to help. All that said I’ve never felt as focused throughout an entire session as I have the last three. I do think the mk677 is having some early effect and generally I have a lovely sense of well being going on.

Training is three days hyperthrophy focus (just finished those) and two strength (later this week).

Split -
legs, shoulders, traps
Chest, tri’s, abs
Back, bi’s, conditioning
Rest
Lower body
Upper body

The hyperthropy days broadly look like:

6x3 speed reps @50% 3rm main lift
5x8 @ 95% 8rm main lift
4x10 main assistance
3x15 2nd assistance
S/s 3x15 3rd assistance
5x8 secondary lift @95% 8rm
3x15 secondary lift assist 1
S/s 3x15 secondary lift assist 2
Then 2-3 supersets for the smaller body part or a 12 min conditioning blast

I’d planned to increase volume whilst on hence that type of session. Aim is to increase the weight on the main and 2nd lifts over the next 2-3 weeks and then start adding reps (so 5x9, 5x10 etc until I hit 5x12 - if that happens before end of cycle weight goes up and back to 8).

I’d deliberately tested my 3rm and 8rm off the back of the cut so starting with a genuine position (about 10-20lbs down on lifetime bests) so session was there to be smashed but it’s surprised me how good it felt - also got a much better pump than normal on bi’s today.

A BIG difference in recovery - would love to know what’s caused this but after legs Saturday I got the usual soreness on Sunday - normally it gets worse again Monday and then another day or two before it’s gone - not this time baby, literally today virtually all gone and feeling great. Wasn’t expecting that until weeks 3-4 when the andros get going so can only think the mk677 is playing a lovely little role.....

In terms of sides I’ve had no lethargy (listened to SouthPawSD and didnt cut caffeine - I’m stim tolerant anyway and never had issues even with significant excesses of caffeine in the past).

Literally the only thing has been sleep - it was humid as balls in uk on Saturday so put it down to that but I don’t feel like I’m sleeping well - waking more and pissing in the night more but tbf I track my sleep and according to that I am spending plenty of time in deep......pretty sure it’s the mk677 so I’m just gonna roll with it and see how it plays out. It’s defo not a major issue.

No libido issues yet, always had a high sex drive and not noticing any difference (am married though so doesn’t get tested that often now haha)

Rest day tomorrow- going to get ready for another big two days to round our week 1

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Evening AM,

Rest day today so nothing to note training wise.

Main thing is the poor sleep, last night probably the worst. Struggling to drop off and then waking multiple times through the night (and not able to get back to sleep).

Thought it was just the excitement of being on cycle (incidentally I ****ing love that feeling already lol) but after 4 nights I know that ain’t it.

99% sure it’s the mk677 so I’m going to give it one more chance tonight and if no improvement switch to an am dose. I’ll just have to deal with the hunger pangs if they come but I need my sleep for sure (not just to grow but I’m generally pretty **** when I get less than 7-8 hours).

That aside I’m excited to hit the first strength day tomorrow, I’ve programed a 5/4/3 wave on back squat (figured a wave would give an ongoing indication of strength whilst keeping enough volume for my size goals) - plus it gives multiple pr opportunities throughout the 8 weeks.

Sweet dreams all

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey all,

Update from the last couple of days.....

Training:

Yesterday was a lower body strength focused session, today upper body. Both days followed a similar format:

A 5/4/3 wave on big compound (squat and bench), 3rd wave was the PR wave.

A 5x5 on a complimentary main lift (sumo dead and chins)

4x4 negatives (5-7s neg) with supermaximal weight (used Nordic drops and weighted dips)

4x8 on a single arm/leg exercise

Couple of assistance sets on weaknesses

Abs

A short conditioning blast (yesterday did 5 front squats at 60% of 1rm I.e light followed by an immediate balls out 15s on the airdyne (assault bike) )

Felt pretty good in both sessions, not as on it as the start of the week but generally pretty good. No question I’m stronger than the previous weeks but much of that will be the increase in calories at this stage I think.

Weight up a pound so neither here nor there (but not really expecting any major change for a few weeks)

Looking a little bit leaner, definitely a touch more vascular and the recovery is still massively improved. Gone are the days and days of soreness. I feel it the day after and that’s pretty much it now.

Lethargy came on a bit more last couple of days. Nothing dramatic but everything apart from training became a bit of a grind.

That isn’t helped by this ****ing sleep. Last two days have been a bit better so I’ve kept the mk677 dosing at night in the hopes it settles down - still not where I need it to be at the moment.

I’m also thinking of bumping up the epiandro dose a bit earlier than planned. Moving to 900 or 1000 after week 1 rather than moving it up slower. Any reason not to do this?

Rest day tomorrow (although I’ll do some LISS cardio in the morning) and then start slinging tin again Saturday for week 2 ��

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alright bro’s

End of first week update.....

This morning weight was 2lbs up from start. Bf slightly down so given I wasn’t really expecting much change until wk 3 or 4 that’s been a bonus.

Massive thing for me has been the significant improvement in sleep last two nights. Back to normal or even a bit better than normal thank ****, it also indicated the lethargy was in part due to the sleep as I’ve not felt that much these last two days. Idk if it was the epiandro or mk that caused it (sleep issues) but it’s settled down which bodes well for the next 7 weeks.

Actually trained already today, first day of week 2 on my program so a good comparison. Added10lbs on for 5x8 back squat and felt as easy as the week before. Added 5lbs on every other lift and felt good.

Should be noted this was partly expected as having cut before I started my lifts were all down so I was always thinking some early increases were likely - however, I’ve never moved that weight as well before so I’m definitely feeling slightly stronger than I was even at a higher weight (excited for when **** really kicks in).

Bumped up the epiandro to 1,000 today - most people seem to see that as a sweet spot and having had no issues at 700 it seemed like a good time to try pushing it up - feels pretty good so as things stand we’ll be running it at that level for the rest of the cycle (so 340/340/1000).

Negatives from week 1:

Sleep - now sorted but was ****ed
Gas - never been great but duck me even I’m disgusted at myself the last few days lol.

Pro’s
Everything else - I feel great, nice and alpha, I’m looking better already (minor changes but I notice it), recovering way quicker, feeling stronger.

TBH I’m ducking loving this right now

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yo AM,

Another solid training session in the bag.

Added 5lbs for 5x8 bench press (160lbs from last weeks 155).

Added reps to my DIPS to failiure and weight to most of the assistance work.

Bumping the epiandro to 1,000 has had a fairly instant impact, in terms of feeling anyway. The aggression and focus to train kicks in within half an hour of dosing which is nice.

Calories have been at 3,350 this week but moving up again to 3,500 tomorrow. Ultimately 3,800 is where I’ll end up for weeks 4-8 which should be conducive with size gains.

One thing to note is there’s been no impact either way on cardio (I run between 5&10k most mornings). Times are basically the same, feels no different. Improvement in cardio not an aim at all so msintence on this is just fine but felt it interesting that impact is negligible.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Boom, another day another decent session.

Wasn’t feeling amazing today so was expecting it to be tough, probably was the most I’ve had to grind thus far but stuck 10lbs on my 5x8 deadlift (did 5x8 @ 280) and again moved the weight better than I have previously.

Weight up 3lbs since the start and no fat gain (checked with calipers).

Got less sleep last night (although I can confirm no libido issues ��) and had a dull headache all day until half way through training (felt pretty ****ty). I also hadn’t run this morning.

Is there a chemical reason for this? A couple of times in the morning I’ve noticed the same dull headache which goes after I run. I know exercise causes an increase in serotonin and wondered if that was exacerbated whilst on a cycle (I haven’t had it before starting this - it’s not a major headache by any stretch but noticeable)

Anyone able to shed any light on it at all??

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When in the day are you dosing 1/4/epi? A lot of guys take epi pre-W/O, so there may be a stimulating effect, which would also explain the sleep issue. But MK should offset based on everything I've read. Headache could be due to increased BP, so you might want to add in something like Hawthorne berry to counteract.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When in the day are you dosing 1/4/epi? A lot of guys take epi pre-W/O, so there may be a stimulating effect, which would also explain the sleep issue. But MK should offset based on everything I've read. Headache could be due to increased BP, so you might want to add in something like Hawthorne berry to counteract.
I did wonder about the epi, I’m using Cerberus so it’s an all in one. Means I dose 150mg of the epi in the evening. I’m topping it up with primeval labs epiandro max and the extra is all pre workout.

I’ll get a check on my bp to see. It’s weird how it literally disappears as soon as I train but that’s a good shout to check - cheers

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Evening guys,

Basically an end of week 2 update (technically tomorrow is end of week 2 but it’s a rest day).

Been a nice week, everything feels like it’s settled in and to be honest sides are pretty much non existent, even the lethargy is minimal (and only on the odd night I’ve had less than 7 hours sleep).

Headaches have disappeared (wasn’t a major problem or concern anyway) and sleep wise I’d say it’s better than pre cycle (according to my sleep tracker I pretty much ****ing died the other night, has me getting into a deep sleep at 2am and staying deep for like 5 hours instead of moving in and out of deep like normal - I assume the phone messed up but I did feel pretty refreshed next day).

So all in all I’m feeling good. Still need to check bp but no reason to think there’s an issue now. No man titties developing which is always a nice thing to confirm lol

Training

Would describe as solid. I detailed the first three hyperthrophy days above so the last two days were strength focused (although even my strength days have a fair amount of volume to acknowledge the improved recovery etc)

Yesterday - lower body

Back squat
5x237
4x248
3x259
5x248
4x259
3x270

Sumo deadlift 1/6 contrast
1x286/297/308
6x253/264/275

Nordic drops for hamstrings (5s lowering - brutal exercise)

5x5 front squat at 132 with 20s immediate balls out on the assault bike after each set - 90s between sets (I do this as a bit of a combo quad and conditioning blast)

Then 5/4/3/2/1 on push press with a final single at 160 ( I know, I’m so weak overhead - I’ve got long arms lol)

Then 2 supersets on shoulders and legs for assistance- all sets 3x10.

Looking for the strength to really kick in from now. Been moving up but nothing dramatic this far (don’t get me wrong, im not expecting to smash Eddie hall on a deadlift for reps competition out of this stack but with the training and diet on point I’m looking to add 20lbs plus min to all my lifts).

Will detail the upper body session from today tomorrow for ya.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Evening guys,

Basically an end of week 2 update (technically tomorrow is end of week 2 but it’s a rest day).

Been a nice week, everything feels like it’s settled in and to be honest sides are pretty much non existent, even the lethargy is minimal (and only on the odd night I’ve had less than 7 hours sleep).

Headaches have disappeared (wasn’t a major problem or concern anyway) and sleep wise I’d say it’s better than pre cycle (according to my sleep tracker I pretty much ****ing died the other night, has me getting into a deep sleep at 2am and staying deep for like 5 hours instead of moving in and out of deep like normal - I assume the phone messed up but I did feel pretty refreshed next day).

So all in all I’m feeling good. Still need to check bp but no reason to think there’s an issue now. No man titties developing which is always a nice thing to confirm lol

Training

Would describe as solid. I detailed the first three hyperthrophy days above so the last two days were strength focused (although even my strength days have a fair amount of volume to acknowledge the improved recovery etc)

Yesterday - lower body

Back squat
5x237
4x248
3x259
5x248
4x259
3x270

Sumo deadlift 1/6 contrast
1x286/297/308
6x253/264/275

Nordic drops for hamstrings (5s lowering - brutal exercise)

5x5 front squat at 132 with 20s immediate balls out on the assault bike after each set - 90s between sets (I do this as a bit of a combo quad and conditioning blast)

Then 5/4/3/2/1 on push press with a final single at 160 ( I know, I’m so weak overhead - I’ve got long arms lol)

Then 2 supersets on shoulders and legs for assistance- all sets 3x10.

Looking for the strength to really kick in from now. Been moving up but nothing dramatic this far (don’t get me wrong, im not expecting to smash Eddie hall on a deadlift for reps competition out of this stack but with the training and diet on point I’m looking to add 20lbs plus min to all my lifts).

Will detail the upper body session from today tomorrow for ya.
Do you use a belt on squats BTW? Just a random question. Also did you add the super dhea?

For strength I've noticed it has been super helpful to just add weight and see what happens. That's what I did and ended up repping out 335x5 and 365x3. Idk if your following a program that gives you what % to lift, but that's what I've been doing. Maybe it will help ya out :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you use a belt on squats BTW? Just a random question. Also did you add the super dhea?

For strength I've noticed it has been super helpful to just add weight and see what happens. That's what I did and ended up repping out 335x5 and 365x3. Idk if your following a program that gives you what % to lift, but that's what I've been doing. Maybe it will help ya out :)
I’m using a belt on strength days and not on hyperthrophy (basically before I was using a belt every time I squatted and wasn’t getting stronger without so try to do both now).

I’m actually feeling like I’ve have more strength gains on the 5x8 back squats (I’ve added 10lbs in a week) than lower rep stuff.

TBH the last set of 3 was maximal for me so adding more would have destroyed me lol - before I started my one rep was 297 (after my cut, before that it was 319) - I’m definitely looking for some jumps in the next 2-3 weeks - might look at upping the epi on training days as well.....

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m using a belt on strength days and not on hyperthrophy (basically before I was using a belt every time I squatted and wasn’t getting stronger without so try to do both now).

I’m actually feeling like I’ve have more strength gains on the 5x8 back squats (I’ve added 10lbs in a week) than lower rep stuff.

TBH the last set of 3 was maximal for me so adding more would have destroyed me lol - before I started my one rep was 297 (after my cut, before that it was 319) - I’m definitely looking for some jumps in the next 2-3 weeks - might look at upping the epi on training days as well.....
I actually started taking all of my epi pwo and like it. Maybe give it a try:)

deadlyzach

Awards
Definitely get some extra Hawthorne berry extract, I just ran a 1/4/Epi cycle a few months ago and my blood pressure went up quite a lot even while using cycle assist. I was getting alot of headaches on cycle as well

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely get some extra Hawthorne berry extract, I just ran a 1/4/Epi cycle a few months ago and my blood pressure went up quite a lot even while using cycle assist. I was getting alot of headaches on cycle as well
Thanks for the heads up mate, appreciate it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rest day today but weight this morning:

202.5 lbs (+4.5)
BF 14% (it’s definitely down a touch - bio impendence is so unrealiable with me but I’ve had enough dexa’s to know pretty well where I’m at)

Diet has been on point (and will remain so) - Cals up to 3,650 on Monday.

All good this far

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yo AM,

Legs/shoulders hypertrophy day, had to train at 7pm due to family stuff which wasn’t ideal, managed to smash out a good session though:

6x3 speed squat at 145

5x8 back squat at 210

3x15 hip thrust at 165
S/s 3x15 hack squat at 175

3x45s oh squat hold just with bar
S/s 3x20 lunges at 100

5x8 barbell strict press at 88

3x15 db seated shoulder press with 40’s

4x12 lateral raise with 16’s
S/s 4x15 shrugs with 80’s

Felt pretty good throughout. Shoulders definitely stronger (always been a weakness). Legs basically up to around the best I’ve ever been (which given this stack should only really get going over the next week or so I’m happy with).

Chest/tri’s and abs tomorrow - yeah baby

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yo AM,

Legs/shoulders hypertrophy day, had to train at 7pm due to family stuff which wasn’t ideal, managed to smash out a good session though:

6x3 speed squat at 145

5x8 back squat at 210

3x15 hip thrust at 165
S/s 3x15 hack squat at 175

3x45s oh squat hold just with bar
S/s 3x20 lunges at 100

5x8 barbell strict press at 88

3x15 db seated shoulder press with 40’s

4x12 lateral raise with 16’s
S/s 4x15 shrugs with 80’s

Felt pretty good throughout. Shoulders definitely stronger (always been a weakness). Legs basically up to around the best I’ve ever been (which given this stack should only really get going over the next week or so I’m happy with).

Chest/tri’s and abs tomorrow - yeah baby
Did you try all epi preworkout?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did you try all epi preworkout?
Haha, yeah (well as much as I can - the Cerberus is an all in one and I top up the epi so it worked out to 550 pre workout), was mint bro - will be going that again tomorrow lol

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha, yeah (well as much as I can - the Cerberus is an all in one and I top up the epi so it worked out to 550 pre workout), was mint bro - will be going that again tomorrow lol
I'll let you know how my workout goes, just popped 1250 to see how it goes!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Evening guys,

Nice chest, tri’s and abs session today.

Getting a great pump and starting to really notice more vascularity.

6x3 speed bench 105
5x8 flat bench 165

Then a load of dips, incline dB press, press ups, heavy farmers carries, skull crushers, paloff press, reverse grip push downs, hanging leg raises, rope push downs and windmills.

Everything seems to be moving nicely, nothing dramatic but still feeling stronger each session and recovering well.

Already starting to think about my second cycle lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What up AM,

Had to train late today, hate it when that happens but work you know.....

Anyway, good session again. Basically lifting weights at the highest level ive ever lifted (when i was 10lbs heavier), gives me high hopes for where im at in 6 weeks.

Tonight was back and biceps with a little conditioning.

6x3 speed deads at 187
5x8 deads at 292 (this is 20lbs heavier than 2 weeks ago and felt lighter)
5x4 pull ups
5x3 rack pulls
3x15 prone row
S/s 3x15 face pull
3x15 pull overs
S/s band pull aparts
3x12 ez bar curls with fat gripz
3x15 cable curls
Then incline curls switching to alternating hammers to failure a couple of times

Conditioning was a 10 min emom doing 15 swings with a 100lb bell on odd mins and 11 burpees on even.

Weight is up 6lbs now and to be honest im really not pushing the calories, im running on average 7-8k a day and only on 3,500 cals.

Thinking nanodrol for a cycle next year. Hello darkside, i like it here lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Quick update.

Weight 203.5 (+5.5)

Been a surprise to be honest. Bf isnt increasing and im looking better. Wasnt expecting much weight gain until the 2nd half of the cycle.....cardio has been maintened at a high level and calories slowly moving up but at a level where i know i normally gain 2lbs a month....

Rest day today but lower body strength tomorrow - happy days

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lower body strength day

Back squat - Using my 5/4/3 wave up to a final triple at 275. It’s 10lbs up on a 3 rep max 3 weeks ago at the end of a cut.

Sumo deadlift 1/6 contrast (6 sets) - biggest single was 320 and 6 rep was 285.

Leg accessory work then finished with shoulders.

I feel like I’ve settled into the cycle this week, sides basically non existent, sleep is good, no lethargy, weights moving up (albeit slowly) every week.

All going well, think this is an ideal first stack.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Boom, great session today.

Hit a 3RM PR on bench at 198. My previous best was 188 earlier this year so starting to see some significant gains in upper body.

Also was the first day since starting that someone in the gym said i was looking bigger.....

Session was

5/4/3 wave on bench with triples after the second wave to that max above

5x5 chins

4x8 bent over row
S/s with negative dips

3x10 snatch grip deads
S/s 3x10 single arm bench (was smashing these out 5lbs heavier than normal as well)

Arms and carries to finish. Cable pushowns and curls mainly. Got an immemse pump.

Vascularity continues to be great as well.

Rest day tomorrow then week 4 begins!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So first day week 4 guys.

Training was legs and shoulders hyperthropy as per my normal Saturday format.

Only difference was this week the plan was to start increasing reps so it went 5x9 at 210 (same weight as 5x8 last week. Banged the reps out probably a touch better than the 5x8.

Legs accessory was as expected aside from the hack squat where I felt much much stronger.

Strict shoulder press was 5x8 at 94 (don’t rip me, my shoulders are so weak) - my previous 8rm was 88 so this was was a big improvement.

Upper body especially I’m starting to really make some strength gains which is awesome.

Still running every day which is really keeping me looking leaner despite the focus being a lean bulk.

Weight up just over 6lbs.....

Feeling good, still no sides.

Planning to bump the 1 and 4 to 510 a day from start of week 5 to use everything I have in the bottles and see where we can take this.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So first day week 4 guys.

Training was legs and shoulders hyperthropy as per my normal Saturday format.

Only difference was this week the plan was to start increasing reps so it went 5x9 at 210 (same weight as 5x8 last week. Banged the reps out probably a touch better than the 5x8.

Legs accessory was as expected aside from the hack squat where I felt much much stronger.

Strict shoulder press was 5x8 at 94 (don’t rip me, my shoulders are so weak) - my previous 8rm was 88 so this was was a big improvement.

Upper body especially I’m starting to really make some strength gains which is awesome.

Still running every day which is really keeping me looking leaner despite the focus being a lean bulk.

Weight up just over 6lbs.....

Feeling good, still no sides.

Planning to bump the 1 and 4 to 510 a day from start of week 5 to use everything I have in the bottles and see where we can take this.
Nice work! BTW have you noticed facial hair/ body hair growing faster? Something I noticed this week haha. I'm also going more of your training routine with the PHAT format. Try and put more size on. Pretty much I will just divide my 2nd upper day into 2 days and add things for weakness. Living up to your expectations BTW? Or still to soon to tell?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice work! BTW have you noticed facial hair/ body hair growing faster? Something I noticed this week haha. I'm also going more of your training routine with the PHAT format. Try and put more size on. Pretty much I will just divide my 2nd upper day into 2 days and add things for weakness. Living up to your expectations BTW? Or still to soon to tell?
Honestly exceeding expectations a little, everything i’d read suggested weeks 4-8 were where things normally get going so I wasn’t really expecting much in the way of size gains early on, 6 lean lbs after three weeks feels like a solid start.

I’m pretty hairy anyway but hadn’t noticed that to be honest lol that said your a couple of weeks ahead of me so maybe I have that to come haha

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Chest tris and abs day.....

Probably wasn’t as up for this session as I have been the others, just wasn’t feeling as pumped but still got it done and hit every rep so can’t complain.

Main lift was 5x9 bench at 165. It’s an extra rep per set than I managed last week so progress.

Added a rep to each of 5 sets of bw dips from last week as well.

Lighter accessory work in the 15-20 rep range as you would expect.

Still feeling good, no lethargy and no sides.

One point I would make is libido though. Now I’ve always had a high sex drive, always up for it (but since kids obviously get it less) and if the missus isn’t willing I normally just sort myself out (like at least 4-5 times a week). Since being on cycle I think I’ve only choked the chicken once! Just haven’t been bothered, had sex 3 times and everything works fine (took a bit longer to cum than normal but no ones complaining about that lol). Been hard most mornings still.

It’s very noticeable the drop in sex drive though, literally haven’t pestered the missus since I started this cycle lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll post a proper update later but just want to say back pumps are a facking bitch, obviously never experienced that before but slap my a55 and call me judy they are not pleasant in the least.

Shoved a load of taurine down in a bid to ward it off..........

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so after the back pump fun earlier a slightly longer update.

Sides wise just the back pumps, joints all feel pretty good and recovery is still strong. The mk677 seems to be beneficial in this regard (just based on other logs I’ve seen and some issues that people have experienced).

Back, bi’s and conditioning today.

6x3 speed dead’s at 190
5x9 dead’s at 292 (these went up as well as the same weight for 8 last week)
5x5 pull-ups
5x5 snatch grip high pulls
3x15 prone dB row
S/s 3x25 face pull
3x15 pull overs
S/s 3x25 band pull aparts
Conditioning - 10 min emom with heavy swings and burpees (upping the reps every week but felt tough today)
Curls - loads of curls baby lol (fat grips on the ez bar followed by cable and incline curls)

Diet remains on point, upped the calories to 3,750 today which is where I’ll stay unless I need to increase to keep gains coming. Weight plateued last couple of days so will keep an eye on it. May decrease cardio slightly as well.

Still feeling good, excited as I know it’s around know things normally start to pick up with the andros.....

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest tris and abs day.....

Probably wasn’t as up for this session as I have been the others, just wasn’t feeling as pumped but still got it done and hit every rep so can’t complain.

Main lift was 5x9 bench at 165. It’s an extra rep per set than I managed last week so progress.

Added a rep to each of 5 sets of bw dips from last week as well.

Lighter accessory work in the 15-20 rep range as you would expect.

Still feeling good, no lethargy and no sides.

One point I would make is libido though. Now I’ve always had a high sex drive, always up for it (but since kids obviously get it less) and if the missus isn’t willing I normally just sort myself out (like at least 4-5 times a week). Since being on cycle I think I’ve only choked the chicken once! Just haven’t been bothered, had sex 3 times and everything works fine (took a bit longer to cum than normal but no ones complaining about that lol). Been hard most mornings still.

It’s very noticeable the drop in sex drive though, literally haven’t pestered the missus since I started this cycle lol
Ya man I noticed that too. You feel alpha, but literally no sex drive haha worse things though.

Back pumps suck! Did the taurine help you much? It just gets better bro, I'm loving it putting on weight dropping bf!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya man I noticed that too. You feel alpha, but literally no sex drive haha worse things though.

Back pumps suck! Did the taurine help you much? It just gets better bro, I'm loving it putting on weight dropping bf!
I would even call the lack of sex drive a side to be honest. Not exactly causing me an issue but amusing as mines normally a bit ridiculous.

The taurine has helped a lot, the first time it happened I didn’t realise what it was, thought I’d pulled a muscle or something but as soon as I figured it out I got on the taurine and it’s eased off - painful little bastard though.

I deadlift a couple of times a week so was half expecting it at some point....no dramas though, all’s fair in the spirit of getting jacked haha

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, now watching.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good evening AM,

Well today’s been a joyous one. I was enjoying this whole experience before but positively buzzing at the moment.

We’re on day 25 so just shy of half way.

Weight is still up 6lbs but I’ve pushed Cals again this week (up to 3,800) as I’m still doing daily cardio.

There’s no question I look leaner so LBM gain is likely in excess of 6lbs (as in the original post my loose skin and disportionate ratio of subcutaneous fat makes bio impendance scales really unrealiable - I’ll do the before and after pics to enable personal judgement to be made.

Anyway, training today was legs and shoulders strength.

Back squat wave (5/4/3) finished with a triple at 286, this is just over 20lbs up from the start of my cycle (I’ve lifted that earlier this year but with the second rep ugly and the third where it was effectively a good morning - tonight it was 3 good reps)

Followed that with heavy sumo pulls, negatives for hamstrings and lighter front squats.

Then push press, this is a terrible lift for me (long arms), been at 172 for over a year (and often miss at less), tonight, 5/4/3/2/1 wave loading finished with a 176 (no misses). Might only be a 4lb pr but it’s massive for me on that lift.

Strength had been improving throughout the cycle (especially upper body) but up till this week I hadn’t really pushed past my pre cut lifts. Now however we are really motoring and I’ve 4 weeks of this left.

Good times right now

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so I'm concious this is gonna start sounding like a broken record but duck me this is fun.

Had to train early today, still ran 7.5k then upper body strength session.

Hit a 202.5 bench for 3, 4.5lbs up from last week and my lifetime 1rm is 209 so confident in saying im getting stronger.

Im really consistent with training and diet and feel like this cycle is giving me the returns the work deserves, feel like this is what it would have been like had i started in my teens or 20's.

No sides still.

I havent spoken much about diet so I'll outline ny typical day below, the meals vary a bit but the macros and principles stay the same.....

Meal 1 - 100g oats, dried fruit, chia seed, protien powder (straight after a fasted 40 min run)

Meal 2 - homemade banana bread with pb

Meal 3 - fish (salmon or cod), sauted veg (mushroom, capsicum, asparagus, spinach), 2 eggs, 2 slices sourdough or rye bread

Meal 4 - fruit smoothie during workout, post workout shake (protein only) and sweet potato brownie

Meal 5 - chicken, turkey or beef. Some form of veg (often broccoli), rice, pasta or potato (always homemade). Some pineapple afterwards

Meal 6 - a protein bar or shake plus whatever i need to hit macros, quite often greek yoghurt.

I hit 3,800 a day (tracked in MFP, everything weighed), split is 40/35/25 carb/prot/fat (carb occassionally drops and fat increases but never more than 5%). Protein intake is higher than i need but i like protein - i dont do it because i think ill get more gains, i do it because i enjoy it.

Got a comment from a guy at my gym today that i was looking bigger, he cruises and blasts and pretty sure he's starting to think Im on something......shows its working though (this guys seen me struggle like mad for the past year to get lean mass on so despite my lifts and size being way behind many lifters he'll know for me its a sudden gain).

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If someone notice your gains its always like:

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just out of curiosity what does a cycle like this cost approx.? One thing I notice is it seems to be on prohormone cycles you spend more than you would for gear with more side effects in many case?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
just out of curiosity what does a cycle like this cost approx.? One thing I notice is it seems to be on prohormone cycles you spend more than you would for gear with more side effects in many case?
Hi bro, I spent around £650 ($800) on everything (including serm), however to be fair I’ve got nolva, clomid and exem to last a few years and I’ll have some cycle assist and m test left to put to my next run. I also brought from predator rather than one of the cheaper online options.....

Totally agree that test would be cheaper and people say less sides (although I’ve had no sides really on this cycle) but for me I wouldn’t be able to pin (I really wouldn’t) and legality is a big factor. I walked into the predator store and brought everything over the counter (apart from the serm).......

I’m in a fortunate position that financially I could take this approach....

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi bro, I spent around £650 ($800) on everything (including serm), however to be fair I’ve got nolva, clomid and exem to last a few years and I’ll have some cycle assist and m test left to put to my next run. I also brought from predator rather than one of the cheaper online options.....

Totally agree that test would be cheaper and people say less sides (although I’ve had no sides really on this cycle) but for me I wouldn’t be able to pin (I really wouldn’t) and legality is a big factor. I walked into the predator store and brought everything over the counter (apart from the serm).......

I’m in a fortunate position that financially I could take this approach....
Ya about what he said, for me I got mine for $500.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What up my anabolicly minded friends....

First day of week 5. 510/510/1000 (first day of increase 1 and 4).

Weight - 205 (plus 7), bf looks the same or slightly less (you’ll get before and after pics at the end to judge)

Feeling:

Again good, nothing noticeable from bumping the 1 & 4 today (didn’t expect any). No sides to note, back pumps have settled down. Still no sex drive but no drama for me on that. It’s saturday so will probably check everything works as normal tonight......

Training - legs and shoulders hyperthrophy

Another good session (one of those legs sessions where you feel all weak at the knees for hours after.....

6x3 speed squat

5x10 back squat at 210 (this is 1 rep more per set than last week)

Hip thrust and hack squat superset 3x17

Isometric squat hold followed by lunges

Strict bb oh press 5x8 at 100 (this is 5lb higher than my pr for 8 pre cycle)

Shoulder and traps accessory.

I mean every week I’m getting stronger, I’m looking better and I’m feeling great. This is great fun

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manifesto Cycle Logs 14
Cycle Logs 8
Cycle Logs 109
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
ZachH Anabolics 141