First time cycle for a beginning strongman. Need advice

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Hello I am 24, 260lbs 6ft 2in and have recently begun training as a strongman. I have a background in powerlifting have competed in the USAPL and put up these numbers 570/385/605 strongman being a new sport to me is where I have decided I will continue to focus my strength permanently. It is a much funner sport and becoming increasingly popular in my hometown. I have a coach who just competed in the NAS nationals and I myself am dying to compete. After training for close to 10 years naturally with no PEDs I have decided to begin my first cycle in order to compete strongman.

My goals are to increase overall strength, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and become competitive in a lower weight class hopefully in the 230's. I have been recommended all types of cycles but everything seems to be pointing to some sort of cycle including: Test-E, HCG, and clomid or nolva. I do not want to begin with any harsh compounds such as tren for health reasons, as well as don't want to do anything that can risk my joints or ligaments because they take a beating regularly. I would also like to avoid taking Deca or things that are known to have sexual side effects. Any advice on dosage or additions to this cycle would be of phenomenal help. And if you guys are interested I would have no problem logging the cycle for the site

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Also. If it is of any interest I am currently trying to promote some slow weight loss in order to get to a lower class without sacrificing strength. I am following a Lean Gains style IF protocol while taking E/C

Battista

Awards
It's been said hundreds of times. Test only for a first cycle. It's not fancy but it works and you should learn how your body reacts. You already have a good base strength so no need to rush the gains.
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
+1 on test for first cycle.