Solo Ostarine Cutting Log

kennysmith

Awards
Hey all, I've been lurking for a while but decided I'd give back to the community by logging my 6 week run of Ostarine.

Some stats, 5ft10, 171lbs, 13-14% body fat. (Pre Cycle)

Im taking 17mg daily to assist with a cut. Ideally I'd like to get to 10% (or lower) body fat so that I can comfortably start bulking once again. Maybe put this LGD I have laying around to some good use.

Anyways, I'm a week in to my "cycle". Here are my thoughts so far.

Day 1

Took first dose, tasted like ass. Noticed no difference in the gym. Maybe an increase in focus/motivation from placebo.

Day 3

Noticed increased working capacity during workouts. A bit more focused and increased well being outside of the gym.

Day 4

At this point I'm sure this stuff is working. Calories have remained the same as pre cycle (300-400 below maintenance), but my waist has decreased significantly, abs and arms are more defined. Meanwhile, shoulders, traps and upper chest all seems a but more full, more dense.

Day 7

One week in, weight has gone from 171 lbs to 169. Almost all of the weight lost must be fat because my upper body in general is looking more dense than it was pre cycle and my waist is looking much smaller/tighter. Lifts have gone up to what they were during the peak of my last bulk.

Im really liking this stuff so far. I wasn't expecting any gains from this cycle, only preservation during my cut. Looks like I may be in for a 2-3lb lean gain surprise.

Going to start throwing in 18 hour fasts this week to really make the most of the Ostarine muscle preservation.

cesarvq

Awards
Hey, lurker here also, great looking progress, I just started an 8 week solo LGD 5mg/ed cycle, looking forward to seeing your results, I´ll do a Osta cycle around jan-feb. 5´8 170lbs 9% bf right now, first time using anything sold outside bb.com lol

kennysmith

Awards
Update

Weight has coming off slowly but consistently. Actually that's a lie, the weight has been coming off pretty darn fast. My calories have been set at 500-600 below maintenance yet I'am losing about 2.5lbs per week since starting Ostarine. Muscle definition is much more prominent, and my shoulders and upper chest are looking fuller than they were in the peak of my bulk. Some trickery is definitely taking place due to the Ostarine but Im not complaining.
cesarvq
Same here brother, first time taking anything outside of whey/creatine. I'm definitely impressed with the Osta, and after all the reading of Ostarine and its benefits during a cut, its nice to see it living up to the hype. After an LGD cycle, and with your stats, Osta would be perfect to get you shredded if thats what your goal is.
I'am planning on running this cycle into mid december and then after some time off i want to get on LGD myself. I have heard that it can be quite hard to battle the suppression from LGD after 4-5, which is why I'm a bit hesitant. But if it can add some lean mass (ideally 5-8lbs) while keeping me relatively lean, I think ill take the plunge.

cesarvq

Awards
I´m going to take the safe route and buy tome Toremifine just in case for a PCT, don´t want to blame SARMS for suppression just after my first cycle, I know stats aren´t everything so you can check my last post on Instagram [Cesarvq] for current shape, pic is from last week I think, or 2 weeks, I´m just about the same anyway, yesterday was the first day of the cycle, going to dose at 8 pm ed, good luck on your journey bro!

kennysmith

Awards
Look forward to seeing your progress man. Toremifine is a definite must if you want to recover your natural test fairly quickly from what I know. But I must say, LGD dosed beyond 5mg will yield little to no added benefit but will make the onset of suppression occur earlier than with a lesser dose. If I were to do it, I would run 3mg ed for a week, and then if I feel extra testy. I think it may yield more gains in this way because you would be able run the compound for a longer duration, without getting suppressed.

cesarvq

Awards
Welp, I already started with 5 :p so let´s hope nothing bad happens, on a side note I forgot to add I´m 25, 3 years and 4 months of straight solid lifting AND with a bad case of right elbow tendinitis (tennis elbow) since sept 2015.. JESUS this thing does wonders, it´s just the second day on it and I already feel my elbow like the day before the injury, this gives me chills man!

kennysmith

Awards
So i thought I'd post an update on my Ostarine cycle.

About 3 weeks in currently, and the effects are very pronounced. I have never lost weight (fat) this easily before in my life. It seems as if this has increased my basal metabolism, as I'm able to lose weight quicker than in the past with a similar, if not worse diet and caloric deficit. Appetite is definitely increasing as well. Last night I ate a few slices of cake for a friends birthday and was certain that it would show on my weigh in the next day. Boy was I wrong, weight was down about .7 from the day before and my waist was slimmer. This is all happening with an increase in strength, and intensity at the gym. Waist is now 28 inches. I will continue to diet with Ostarine until I can see shredded obliques/lower abs, then bulk and put this LGD to use.

Aggressive fat burning with greater strength and recovering capacity, that is essentially what I've experienced so far. Should mention also that I have started dosing Nolvadex at 20mg/day to reduce the likelihood of gyno and shutdown. Im interested to see how LGD will differ from Ostarine as I've heard that is essentially a stronger version of Osta.

Cesar, how is the LGD treating you so far?

cesarvq

Awards
Sweet jesus now I'm anxious to start my ostarine cycle :p I'm exactly 1 week into the cycle, I feel stronger but mostly around my upper body, must be also because I'm healing really fast from my tennis elbow, LGD is miraculous for this kind of injuries.

This week I've been away from home for work, managed to exercise 4 out of 5 days so far, just missed Tuesday workout, delts feel more pronounced (could be my imagination) definitely fuller all way around because I've eaten burgers, pizza, steaks and everything I find here. This is coming from a 4 times a day chicken and rice diet, a little more water/fat around the abs from the sodium and kcal intake, I'm a hard gainer anyways so not really worried, today I go home and continue as usual. Traps are coming in also (couldn't train before because of the injury).

I think that's it so far, I'll try to keep it as detailed as possible, not hijacking your log or anything :p

kennysmith

Awards
So another week into Ostarine, finishing my 4th week on this stuff. This week I decided to spice things up a bit, I added 5mg LGD as of 4 days ago and noticed an immediate difference. I do think that these things take about 2 weeks to "kick in", but because the Ostarine was already ging to work, I think the LGD was able to make an impact a bit quicker in my case. After the first day I noticed an increase in pumps and fullness, even though I was still eating at a deficit. I checked my weight 3 days into LGD and Im up about 2lbs, despite eating at a substantial deficit. Normally Im able to shred 1.5-2lbs a week with this diet/macros, but now Im gaining weight lol. Crazy stuff, looking forward to the weeks to come and to Cesars LGD experience also.

cesarvq

Awards
Glad to see you're ripping great benefits, thursday marks 2 weeks in for me, I'm trying not to go overboard with the food intake, still packed 3 pounds last week because I was eating anything I could grab where I was staying. This week will provide some answers since I'm eating clean and lifting properly, when I'm home I mostly eat chicken and white rice for breakfast and lunch (about 12 oz chicken and 8 oz rice in each meal), and for dinner 3-4 egg whites scrambled with 1 whole egg and a side of white rice, just one snack though, 12 oz fat free milk + 1 scoop ON whey. I'll probably post a pic when I hit week 4 and week 8 for more results. Happy lifting bro.

Criss11

Criss11

Awards
So how did all of this work out? I've got Ostarine on the way. I'm in the middle of a cut currently, losing 2lbs/wk on average per my spreadsheet. Leangains style IF (calorie cycling with a wild ass swing at macro cycling, 6-8hr eating window). I'm 5'6, 183lbs...between 19% and 22% per calipers and waist/neck measurement, and cutting to 165 (should take till about October at this rate). I'm hoping to preserve as much lean mass on this cut, as I've got LGD coming also to use in Decemberish for a bulk. My end goal is 170-180lbs, 12-14% bodyfat. If this stuff will hold on to the lean mass, it'll be a win for me.

Soooo, that's why I'm reviving your thread lol. How did it all work out?

cesarvq

Awards
Hi Criss11, I'm happy to tell you I'm looking the meanest leanest I've ever looked, dropped about 2 pounds since the end of the cycle, probably some muscle mass I couldn't hold on to, but still great results. The key is patience, and if you can't make it in 2 months tops then stop there, maintain for a while and then do another cycle, don't do a single prolonged cycle.

Criss11

Criss11

Awards
Hi Criss11, I'm happy to tell you I'm looking the meanest leanest I've ever looked, dropped about 2 pounds since the end of the cycle, probably some muscle mass I couldn't hold on to, but still great results. The key is patience, and if you can't make it in 2 months tops then stop there, maintain for a while and then do another cycle, don't do a single prolonged cycle.
Awesome! I'll be starting Sunday. Going to get bloods done tomorrow if I get a chance. I'll probably do a daily log in my excel tracker (for weight and caloric intake, so I can track my TDEE). I'll do weekly measurements and some pictures (I always wonder why there's no freaking pictures in any of these logs?). When it's all done in October, I'll post it up.

Thanks for the efforts here guys. Without the information shared by you all, it would make this stuff a lot more difficult to figure out!

Edit:

Just found you on Instagram and sent you a request...I remembered your screen name from another post somewhere (Reddit?) and you'd mentioned your IG handle there. Always good to be able to add a personality to the friends you meet in these forums!

cesarvq

Awards
Yeah I lurk a lot on /r/PEDs and chime in sometimes when I can help. I agree with you, we actually need more pictures and specifically pictures doing the same pose, at the same place and with the same lightning. I keep my IG open in case anyone wants to look me up, there are always some progress pics every now and then. Love the work you do with the knives btw!

Criss11

Criss11

Awards
Thanks a ton man...it's what I do for a living ��.

I'll work on sharing a log. I'm going to build it complete first, so I don't post up another partway finished one that meanders off and doesn't really say anything lol. If I get lean enough, I'll run the LGD after my break. If not...like you said...a break at maintenance and then another run of Ostarine. It should be interesting to see the results on what amounts to someone with an average/muscular build...who's looking to get back into a previously accomplished level of aesthetics and strength.

cesarvq

Awards
Go hard bro, you can go all in while on osta, muscle retention is excellent despite -20% TDEE and doing 15 min HIIT everyday after weights.

Criss11

Criss11

Awards
That's the idea ��.

I've spoken to Martin Berkhan, and he advocates 2lbs/week down to 16/17% bodyfat, then 1.8, 1.7, .6, .5...on down as you get closer to 10%. I'm currently handling 2lbs/wk for the last 4wks fairly easily. 1550/2550cal intake on rest/workout days. I also do a 1hr 4mph LISS session on off days as well. Spreadsheet shows TDEE between 2800 and 3000. My primary goal is 165lbs at the moment. From there we'll see what I have to do to get where I want to get.

cesarvq

Awards
I've spoken to Martin Berkhan, and he advocates 2lbs/week down to 16/17% bodyfat, then 1.8, 1.7, .6, .5...on down as you get closer to 10%. I'm currently handling 2lbs/wk for the last 4wks fairly easilyt.
Keep in mind those are natty numbers to minimize muscle loss, still an excellent protocol any way you see it, but you can go a little bit harsher while on osta without having to worry about muscle loss, that's the primary advantage of osta and very underrated I might add.

Criss11

Criss11

Awards
Excellent!! I can pretty easily knock another 500cal/day off of my workout days by doing an hour of walking on those days as well, and an actual 500cal off of my intake putting it at 2000cal.That's another full pound all by itself (putting me at 3lbs/wk). I'm trying not to drop my intake excessively...for a couple reasons. First it's a pain to get in enough protein even at 1550cal on rest days lol, and second is the fact that vitamins only give you so much support in regards to health in general. At 3lbs/wk, I'll be 165lbs before my 8wk run of Ostarine is over, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Jmassardo Supplement Logs 14
Giovannuzzo Cycle Logs 27
Anabolics 13
Anabolics 1