Restoring My Lipid Profile after Superdrol Log

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
As most know, my bloodwork came back pretty ugly after:
3weeksofSuperdrol+2weeksof6oxo+3weeksofSuperdrol+10daysofReboundXT.

Here was my lipid panel in January.
1/20/2005
Total Cholesterol 123 mg/dl
HDL Cholesterol 40 mg/dl
LDL Cholesterol 61 mg/dl

Here was my lipid panel after the indicated cycle.
4/10/2005 (10 days into PCT)
Total Cholesterol: 232 mg/dl
HDL: 10 mg/dl
LDL: 202 mg/dl

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
In order to restore the lipid panel I am taking the following:

Nolvadex (60,40,20)
COQ-10 300mg ED
Policosanol 20mg ED
Red Yeast Rice 2400ED
OdorlessGarlic 800mg

In addition, my diet is low in saturated fats and high in mono/unsaturated fats. I am pounding the flax seeds and Safflower oil.

My next bloodtest will be sometime this week or next. I am optimistic. I believe Nolvadex should help the lipid panel greatly, and should be included in PCT following Orals.

Maybe a connection, maybe not: I have a fair amount of PH/Methyl experience. I've never run a cycle over 4 weeks. And I've never used excessive doses. I have always used Nolvadex after a cycle (sometimes in combination with Ergopharm's 6-OXO). My lipid profile was always fine ~4 weeks following a cycle. Based on this, I believe Nolvadex can greatly aid in the restoration of lipid profiles.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
My next bloodtest will be sometime this week or next. I am optimistic. I believe Nolvadex should help the lipid panel greatly, and should be included in PCT following Orals.
Looking forward to it, bro!

I've seen different dosing of RYR. Whats the exact composition of your product? The one i used was 30mg (i think 2 15mg caps ED, dont remember exactly).

I think i'll get policosanol right away and run it for 2 weeks before doing bloodtests.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
600mg per pill. Dose is 1200mg 2x a day.

I don't understand the 15mg RYR?
every version i've come across is 600mg/pill.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
600mg per pill. Dose is 1200mg 2x a day.

I don't understand the 15mg RYR?
every version i've come across is 600mg/pill.
Nevermind, I got confused.
I just checked my bottle and its too 600mg. The regular dose is 1200. But you are taking a LOT of CoQ10 (30mg are recommended for the standard 1200mg RYR dose, IIRC), so u should be more than fine :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
the extra Q10 is very smart, as is the saff oil

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Great idea for a log. You could be helping many people in the future.

I nominate you for the "Good Citizenship" Award:cheers:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, i'm optimistic it will be normal shortly.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Those numbers frighten me...Superdrol may have to stay tucked away in my drawer. With this new insight, would Superdrol still ba favored over M1T? If so, why?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
IMO yes, i don't think SD is as damaging to the lipid profile overall as M1T .. SD is definitely bad for cholesterol though .. plus SD doesn't make you feeling like utter ass like M1T

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It certainly is not as toxic as m1t, although if people run it for 6 weeks like some discuss it wouldn't make a difference.

Good log Deo, it should be a referance point for people with concerns/questions.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I don't think AIs effectively help lipid profiles after a cycle. They can help get testosterone back up. I'd think it would be wiser to always use nolva after an oral cycle because the estrogen is still present in your system, its activity is just blocked in certain tissues to varying degrees. So as far as effects on Deo's lipid profile he may as well have been on SD for 6 straight weeks.

I'm not a big fan of the on-off-on-pct pattern. Seems like if you want to run a longer cycle go for injectables or transdermals. Otherwise just run the oral for the longest time you safely can and then come off and do a proper pct.

I'm looking forward to this log too, lipid profiles are a big concern to me.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'll be watching this log since I will be doing the SD thang shortly when I get time.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Those numbers frighten me...Superdrol may have to stay tucked away in my drawer. With this new insight, would Superdrol still ba favored over M1T? If so, why?
Messed lipid profile is the only side that SD cause.
M1T kills your kidneys and liver as well ;) And the lethargy, for who experience it, is much more intense.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Back in the High Life Again

Hey guys, good news if you're a Deoudes59 fan.

4/10/2005 (10 days into PCT)
Total Cholesterol: 232 mg/dl
HDL: 10 mg/dl
LDL: 202 mg/dl

5/6/2005
HDL: 41 mg/dl
LDL: 96 mg/dl

I had a fair amount of other stuff checked (Liver Values, BUN, Creatinine, etc.) nothing was out of range will I'll post when I get the official copy Monday online.

...and away we go!

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
5/6/2005
Great man!
You are taking so much stuff that it was impossible to not improve so much ;)
Another 2-3 weeks and the HDL/LDL values should be the inverse :)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
LDL is under 100. You're golden. Someone give me LDL 101. If you are eating clean with no red meat, chicken, or any other fatty meat would your LDL still go up on SD? I do salmon,tuna, egg whites and sprouted grain bread as my main sources of protein. I'll be taking fish oil followed by shots of Extra Virgin Olive Oil daily on my SD cycle. Give me those monounsaturated fats. There's nothing wrong with doing shots on your SD cycle. :drunk:

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
LDL is under 100. You're golden. Someone give me LDL 101. If you are eating clean with no red meat, chicken, or any other fatty meat would your LDL go up on SD? I do salmon,tuna, egg whites and sprouted grain bread as my main sources of protein.
Uh? What has to do chicken to cholesterol?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
See, I told you I needed LDL 101. Nix the chicken. Wait a minute, I found this, 3 oz. red meat = 90mg chol. 3 oz skinless poultry = 90mg. chol. So maybe we should keep the chicken right where it is unless they mean turkey or something else.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
LDL is under 100. You're golden. Someone give me LDL 101. If you are eating clean with no red meat, chicken, or any other fatty meat would your LDL still go up on SD? I do salmon,tuna, egg whites and sprouted grain bread as my main sources of protein. I'll be taking fish oil followed by shots of Extra Virgin Olive Oil daily on my SD cycle. Give me those monounsaturated fats. There's nothing wrong with doing shots on your SD cycle. :drunk:
yes, I ate clean as can be on SD and my LDL skyrocketed. Dietary cholesterol doesn't effect the HDL/LDL compared to an oral anabolic.
I hear you on the Mono/UnSat Fat. hit those up and you'll be back in no time, it probably took me ~3weeks after 8-10weeks of ruining lipids.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
This is very interesting and worth researching in my opinion. Oh I've read about your ordeal Deoudes, who hasn't. What is the reason SD or any oral anabolic would have that effect on your lipids like that?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it has to do with the liver, hence only oral steroids are usually responsible for wacking out you lipid panel. Although I hear that injectable Dbol and injectable Winny may have a similar effect.
I agree with LCSULLA, I think he said it, it's just part of the package. I got them back in order after ~25days - following ~10weeks (not 10weeks of superdol) of abuse.

for a more scienitific explanation, don't refer to my posts ;)

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
Im thinkin the Nolva was the main culprit in your success!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Im thinkin the Nolva was the main culprit in your success!!!
I think it helped quite a bit. Especially for raising HDL. In the past I've had high LDL after using Nolva - so I'd lean toward the Red Yeast Rice and CO-Q10 for Lowering the LDL.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Got the RYR COQ10 Nolva here in a couple days, ordered last night. Your SD thread has really helped me put it all together. Thanks. Aw Wow, The Honky Tonk Man!. :trout: Where's Superfly Snooka?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
The avatar is for you DEO for restoring your lipids. :hammer:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
It's awesome, Deoudes, I told you you'll survive :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Deo, how much saf oil are you slamming? Also, your not taking ActivaTe are you? I suspect this will be another great way to raise HDL or at least lower LDL. If not, fenugreek has some of the same sitosterols in it, so that would help too for sure.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I have read some promising studies on Fenugreek, and possitive lipid assimilation. I like it, and the maple syrup smell.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have read some promising studies on Fenugreek, and possitive lipid assimilation. I like it, and the maple syrup smell.
I'm almost positive it works. I've put people on it that showed big signs of improvement with related conditions, but never got to see their bloodwork. They thought it was working though for sure, they wouldn't stop using it even though I recommended cycling it! The studies I read involved mainly rice bran oil, but the same sterols are involved and it was concluded that the sterols were the main player. I happen to like the smell of fenugreek too, but I guess you either love it or hate it. I sweat a lot, so maybe it helps me not to be such a stinker! Besides, chicks love maple syrup, and I like to get eatten, so it works out perfect for everyone :p

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Besides, chicks love maple syrup, and I like to get eatten, so it works out perfect for everyone
:rofl: :cheers:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Full Results. (Liver, Lipids, etc.)

Test Code Description Result Range Units
012047 A/G Ratio 1.5 1.1-2.5
001081 Albumin, Serum 4.6 3.5-5.5 g/dL
001107 Alkaline Phosphatase, Serum 77 25-150 IU/L
001545 ALT (SGPT) 34 0-40 IU/L
001123 AST (SGOT) 22 0-40 IU/L
001099 Bilirubin, Total 1.1 0.1-1.2 mg/dL
001040 BUN 16 5-26 mg/dL
011577 BUN/Creatinine Ratio 13 8-27
001016 Calcium, Serum 9.6 8.5-10.6 mg/dL
001206 Chloride, Serum 103 96-109 mmol/L
001065 Cholesterol, Total 150 100-199 mg/dL
001370 Creatinine, Serum 1.2 0.5-1.5 mg/dL
011858 Estimated CHD Risk 0.6 0.0-1.0 times avg.
001958 GGT 12 0-65 IU/L
012039 Globulin, Total 3.1 1.5-4.5 g/dL
001032 Glucose, Serum 83 65-99 mg/dL
011817 HDL Cholesterol 41 40-59 mg/dL
001339 Iron, Serum 148 40-155 ug/dL
001115 LDH 160 100-250 IU/L
012054 LDL Cholesterol Calc 96 0-99 mg/dL
001024 Phosphorus, Serum 3.1 2.5-4.5 mg/dL
001180 Potassium, Serum 4.3 3.5-5.5 mmol/L
001073 Protein, Total, Serum 7.7 6.0-8.5 g/dL
001198 Sodium, Serum 138 135-148 mmol/L
100065 T. Chol/HDL Ratio 3.7 0.0-5.0 ratio units
001172 Triglycerides 66 0-149 mg/dL
001057 Uric Acid, Serum 5.1 2.4-8.2 mg/dL
011916 VLDL Cholesterol Cal 13 5-40 mg/dL

*Spaced and linedup as best I could.

Summary: Nothing is out of range.

Last edited:
Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Besides, chicks love maple syrup, and I like to get eatten, so it works out perfect for everyone :p
LOL

I used Fenugreek during my last PCT that lasted a whole 8 days and my balls are still bigger than they were before. Gives a new meaning to the word "SWOLE"

And D59, Congrats bro those numbers look alot better than before. Guess its about that time :cheers:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Back from the doomed DEO. Good blood work.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
The iron looks a little high, did you get RBC's or a blood cell diff done? I can live with it though. Everything else looks great! You didn't answer me, how much saff oil you using, Deo?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The iron looks a little high, did you get RBC's or a blood cell diff done? I can live with it though. Everything else looks great! You didn't answer me, how much saff oil you using, Deo?
Thanks.
Nah, everything listed was everything that was tested. Only $59 too. As for the Safflower Oil: a lot. It is nearly the only fat I was eatting, poured it in shakes, all over bread, on fish. Several ounces a day I imagine.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
05-03-2005, 06:46 AM
In order to restore the lipid panel I am taking the following:

5/6/2005
Are you saying you started the pro-lipids regimen on 5/3 and saw results on 5/6?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
nope, i started this 4/11/05.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
great results...I think SD definitley has different effects on different people...I had to take a full physical including a full blood test about four weeks after a three week cycle of SD and lipids were fine....glad to here you're getting back to normal though...also I definitiley agree on the nolva for PCT with orals

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I still say Clomid works better for lipids. It actually forms an estrogenic metabolite. I know people say Nolva improves their lipids, and I believe it can in many cases, but it can have the reverse effect too, and promote cardiovascular disease.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I know people say Nolva improves their lipids, and I believe it can in many cases, but it can have the reverse effect too, and promote cardiovascular disease.
how so Dr. D? Cardio disease? i thought: good lipids, good heart?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
how so Dr. D? Cardio disease? i thought: good lipids, good heart?
It promotes good lipids, so you won't die of a heart attack. But the effect is small (1.1x less likely to have an ischemic event) But there is a high tendency toward pulmulomary emboli (3x higher than norm) and deep-vein thrombosis (1.5x higher). So it still might kill you from a stroke. It's a real problem. This is my same beef with the statins. But Clomid's sides really suck, so most people go with Nolva. Just don't use it any longer than you have too, and taking an asprin everyday on PCT is a very good idea, unless you have a clotting disorder, then don't use asprin.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It promotes good lipids, so you won't die of a heart attack. But the effect is small (1.1x less likely to have an ischemic event) But there is a high tendency toward pulmulomary emboli (3x higher than norm) and deep-vein thrombosis (1.5x higher). So it still might kill you from a stroke. It's a real problem. This is my same beef with the statins. But Clomid's sides really suck, so most people go with Nolva. Just don't use it any longer than you have too, and taking an asprin everyday on PCT is a very good idea, unless you have a clotting disorder, then don't use asprin.
I'm concerned, I always use nolvadex. Would an asprin ED while on cycle not be good idea? Not a good idea to combine with any oral steroids?

haha- ryan ill give your shake a try.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm concerned, I always use nolvadex. Would an asprin ED while on cycle not be good idea? Not a good idea to combine with any oral steroids?

haha- ryan ill give your shake a try.
Many orals like dbol, halo and SD thin me out (apparent by nose bleeds) due to changes in clotting factors, so be careful with asprin on cycle. If you have to do it, stack some Vit.C and bioflavinoids with it. But during Nolva it may help. I do it just to be safe.

I'm gonna have to try ryans shake too, yummm :eek:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Good links bro. I've been harping on this since I got here, but people don't want to hear it. I don't blame them, Nolva does seem nicer to the body. Of couse it isn't, Clomid's just harder on the mood.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Dr. D, I have a week more of DBOL. Then continuing with EQ and Enan. During the all-injectable period, asprin is good to go right? Just double checking...