Cold feet... Somebody tell me to stop being a *****!

theanarchist

Awards
First PH Cycle. Halo on hand. Nolva on hand. Support sups (I'm cheap so I bought them individually - Milk Thistle, NAC, Hawthorn Berries, Saw Palmetto) on hand and been preloading for 1 1/2 weeks. Diet sucks, but it's not unclean, it just doesn't exist. I need to make time for food - probably running on less than 1500 a day. No wait, that was including beer which I cut out. Call it 1100 now. I'll try and up it significantly.

Plan is to run Halo at 50/50/75/75/75/75 then Nolva at 20/20/10/10. I'm dropping Creatine until PCT then I'll add it back in with some natty test boosters (which I'm skeptical of anyway).

So here are my concerns:

1) I'm a single dad, newly divorced, kids are ok, but I can't bare the thought of making their life suck. So someone tell me that I'll just have a bit shorter temper, but I'm still going to be me. (I said I was being a *****, I know, but that's what happens when you end up being a mom and a dad.)
2) Injuries: Have friends who injured themselves on PH and real gear. Were they just being stupid with their new found strength? I'm interested in size so I'm not looking to set all kinds of new PR's. I'm planning on being careful to not bump up any weights too much from where I'm at. More reps, more intensity, but I'm not planning on going from 200 bench to 300.
3) Am I missing anything from the general plan? Did I cover all my bases?

If no adjustments are needed, Stats are as follows:

Mid 30's, lifting for years off and on. About 4 years of solid on. Weight 170 @12% BF. Cycle goals are between bulk and recomp. Wouldn't mind dropping under 10% but I would love to add a few lbs of muscle too. I'm pretty sure it'll be a good run in that respect. I'll log every day or so.

Ok give me feedback so I can **** or get off the pot.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
1,100 calories is not going to get you to your stated goals.

theanarchist

Awards
Lol, ya sorry guys, I don't know why I put that in there. I should have just said I've got a good diet planned out. Nobody needs to know what I've been eating before I start. I've been know to get a bit long winded. I'm shooting for at least 2300 calories, which I think is about maintenance for me. As I get a bit better at planning meals I'll try and bring it up closer to 2800 or so.

What about the plan? Am I missing anything or can I get this thing started tomorrow?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
When I was around your weight I was cutting at 2100 calories, but I had a lower bf%.

I think 2300-2500 would be a good place to start. Reassess your plan every 2 weeks and bump/reduce calories as needed.

I struggle with appetite on some days (tryin to get 3000-3200 cals)
Some days getting that last meal in takes forever and I don't want to eat it but then the next day I'll put down my planned daily calories before 6pm and still have a meal left at 9pm

Just try and stay consistent. Some guys are really hungry on training days but don't get very hungry on off days. Ppl like that may be better off taking 2300 on off days and 2700 on training days. Then they can avg out at 2500.

Gotta find what works for you and your schedule.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with the above on calories, but that's easy to handle IMO.

As far as being angry / irritable, it's pretty manageable. On Halo, it wasn't really noticeable. Things that normally irritated me, would get to me a little more but that's it. I have a little girl, love her to death and I'm the same way on cycle.

In pct, you might get a little sensitive. That'll be the worse part lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
are you dead set on halo?
I ran it as my first cycle and in hindsight, considering the shutdown, I would have ran something else that provided better gains.

dmz is a solid option these days.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
are you dead set on halo?
I ran it as my first cycle and in hindsight, considering the shutdown, I would have ran something else that provided better gains.

dmz is a solid option these days.
Agreed. That steroid gives me crazy limp dick lol dmz doesn't.

theanarchist

Awards
Well, hopefully I don't see too many sides. I've got the Halo already, and in fact, I took the first one this morning. I figure, after this run, I'll know a hell of a lot more about how my body handles PH's and I can move on the greater glory in the future. Looking forward to seeing some nice gains and getting my foot in the door.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Well, hopefully I don't see too many sides. I've got the Halo already, and in fact, I took the first one this morning. I figure, after this run, I'll know a hell of a lot more about how my body handles PH's and I can move on the greater glory in the future. Looking forward to seeing some nice gains and getting my foot in the door.
I enjoyed Halo when I ran it, didn't have any issues with libido or anything related, even @ 125mg.