msten log(coming soon)

stillchillin

Awards
msten log(start 4/30/14)

First log so here goes nothing.

Im a few days away from starting this cycle but it will be soon.

cycle:
msten: 20/30/30/30/30/30 (last two weeks are questionable, since ive read about how rough msten can be)
cycle assist: during cycle and pct
fish oil: 3g a day
taurine: (more then likely,since back pumps seem to be a big issue) 3-5g a day
DHEA: 50-100mg a day(helped with lethargy during epi cycle)

pct:
nolva: 25/25/25/25(25 is how its dosed, used for epi cycle seems to have worked)
otc: havent decided yet but will be using one as well(used double dragon pct 350 stealth series with epi cycle + nolva)
creat mono: 5g a day
fish oil: 1-3g a day

Background:
ran a cycle of epi 2a3a for 5 weeks 20/30/40/40/40. started at 164 some odd pounds ended the cycle at 179 somewhere around 10-13% bf. lost about 3lbs by the end of pct, also i was sick as **** for the last 3/5 of the cycle plus pct.
Had nice strength gains bench went up almost 40lbs, squat went up about the same kinda lagging on squats because im trying to focus on form.
Mostly i wasnt doing much strength training just volume, so it is what it is.

Goals:
Trying to get closer to 200lbs while being somewhat lean, increase overall strength.

Diet:
Going to eat around 3-500 over maintenance and try a macro diet. something like 1g/lb protein, 30% fat and the remaining balance carbs.(just something im gonna play with) advice would be welcomed.

Stats:
age(29)
height(6'1)
weight(176)
bf(10-13%) just a guess tried the hand held bf thing says it has a 4% variance and i know im not 9% like it says.
waist(33)
arms(16in)no pump
calves(14 1/2in)
shoulders around delts(45in)
so yea im a skinny ****er.

I will try to get a picture on this thing before i start more for me then anything else.

So i would more then welcome any advice before and during the cycle.

Last edited:

Mystere3

Awards
I think you should stay more around 20 mg if you've never run it. You need a better test base than dhea.

stillchillin

Awards
What would you recommend? Money isn't really an issue.

So ill take your advice and only run 20, and for the test, would stano or tr3st be good? I'm trying to stay legal and needle free.

Mystere3

Awards
Trest > stano. Trest is better for bulking and makes you feel better. Stano just gives you energy for the gym.

stillchillin

Awards
Update: taking good advice, waiting on tr3st to arrive so as soon as I get it I'll start logging. What dosage would be recommended?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: taking good advice, waiting on tr3st to arrive so as soon as I get it I'll start logging. What dosage would be recommended?
With a new compound I always start low and work my way up from there.

Maybe start with 50(probably you'll go to 75 mg soon)

I'll be running it along side DMZ, dymethazi9e-by-olympus-labs, and start with 75mg of tr3st and go to 100mg if needed and all goes well;)

stillchillin

Awards
update: i said f it and started my cycle, tr3st will arrive on the 2nd so no biggy. Took 10mg 6am and 10mg 6pm.
went to the gym today was leg day.

Squats:
2x10@135
2x10@185
2x8@205
2x5@225
One Leg leg press:
2x10@150
2x10@170
2x10@190
Seated calve raise:
2x20@90
2x20@115
2x15@135
Seated Leg curls:
2x10@70
2x10@90
2x10@110
Leg extensions:
same as leg curls
Romanian DL:
2x10@135
2x10@185
2x5@205
Hack squat barbell
2x10@135 <- had enough after that lol.

thats what i did in the gym, plan is to go up 5lbs on each machine and 10lbs on free weights on the next workout(theres no 2 1/2 pound plates at my gym)

seems like alot of volume but i try to hit legs hard, maybe i should cut the volume and add more weight? will see.

stillchillin

Awards
Chest/tricep:
db press:
3x10@50
3x10@60
3x5@70
3x3@80
db incline press:
3x10@40
3x10@45
Weighted dips:
4x10 with 45lb plate
tricep ext. with rope:
4x20
tricep pressdown:
drop set 100 reps
one arm tricep extension with cable:
3x20

was an easy day for me i try to hit everything twice a week, first is alot more intense then the second.
example: mon/legs tues/chest:tri wed/back:shoulders:traps,etc thur/off rinse and repeat.
but some weeks i will totaly change it up and skip a random day and do 5x5 but instead of doing the standard 3 workouts ill do all 5.
to make it more complicated i will skip all of those workouts and do PHAT, i get bored really easy with the same thing week in and week out.

the only thing to report about msten is after the first day i woke up with heartburn and i feel really dry kinda like epi?

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
In for this. Trying to decide between m sten and dmz for my next one

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something you should run solo or stack?

Solo is certainly possible with the 10mg caps x 120:)
I think the 5mg that ironlegion had was underdosed for a solo run.

Stacking is always an option. Our stenadrol is msten with dimethandrostenol.

stillchillin

Awards
Got tr3st today took 1 with msten will take 2nd with my pm dose.

Went to the gym. Back/bicep/abs

Back:
Db rows. 4x12@45
Lat pull down. 3x12@90
Standing lat pull down. 3x12@90
Strait arm pull down 3x12@30
Bicep:
Ez bar curls. 4x12@65
Incline db curl. 3x12@30
Bicep curl cable high pully. 3x 12 on 4 plates.
Abs:
Crunches. 3x 20
Bent knee leg raises 3x 20
Side crunches 3x 20
Last set of each workout was to failure.
Felt great had an awesome pump, nothing to really report otherwise.

Mystere3

Awards
I think you should do more compound exercises for back; why 3 sets of pull downs too? Pull-ups, bb rows, cable rows, hammer strength rows are all good.

stillchillin

Awards
I will take that into consideration. Thank you sir

stillchillin

Awards
Forgot to add but I don't think it's msten seems to early but I'm up 3lbs to 179. As far as my workouts it's complicated because I have the attention span of a hamster, so I keep switching things and trying new stuff. I will put all advice received to work though and I do appreciate it.

stillchillin

Awards
Went to the gym followed layne norton phat for power upper body felt great, starting to notice some aggression? Doing power lower body tomorrow. Lost about a pound somewhere was prolly dehydrated. Over all feeling good

stillchillin

Awards
didnt have time to post yesterday been busy with finals. but yesterday was legs again followed phat.

squats:
3x5@185
hack squats:
1x8@185
1x6@185
Leg extensions:
1x10@150
1x6@150
SDL:
1x8@185
1x6@185
1x5@185
Standing calf raise with 50lb db one leg
3x10(per leg)
Seated calf raise:
2x10@135

got a mean ass charlyhorse after last set of seated calf raises lasted like 30min. all the squats and lifts i hit failure on the last sets.

today was an off day but i cant stay away from the gym so this is what i did today.
side lat raises:
1x20@20
1x15@25
1x10@30
1x4@35
upright rows with rope:
3x10@60
upright rows with 45 plate:
3x10
rear delt flys:
1x20@90
1x20@110
1x10@110
Shrugs on smith machine:
warm up 1x10@135,1x10@185
2x10@205 was the working set.
after that i just left, it being my rest day and tomorrow being shoulders and back i figured i should stop.

stillchillin

Awards
Woke up feeling great, felt like I had a total body pump going on **** was nice. Leg day at the gym hypertrophy.

Squats:
6x3@185 speed work
Hack squat:
3x12@165
Leg extension:
2x20@90
Leg press:
3×15@210
Leg curls seated:
2x20@90
Romanian dl:
3x10@165
Seated calf raise:
3×20@90
Pump was freakin sweet don't know if it's tr3st or msten but I feel great.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woke up feeling great, felt like I had a total body pump going on **** was nice. Leg day at the gym hypertrophy.

Squats:
6x3@185 speed work
Hack squat:
3x12@165
Leg extension:
2x20@90
Leg press:
3×15@210
Leg curls seated:
2x20@90
Romanian dl:
3x10@165
Seated calf raise:
3×20@90
Pump was freakin sweet don't know if it's tr3st or msten but I feel great.
Good job buddy....don't you just live a good pump.

stillchillin

Awards
Chest and arms hypertrophy:

Db bench: speed work
6x3@70
Incline db bench:
3x12@70 (up 10lbs)
Incline cable flys:
2x20
Hammer strength press:
3x15@140
Preacher curl:
3x10@75 (up 10lbs)
Concentration curls:
2x12@30 (up 5lbs)
Spider curls incline bench:
2x15@55
Triceps extension over head cam. Bar:
3x12@70 (up 5lbs)
Triceps extension w. Rope
2x15@50
Kick backs cable:
2x15

Starting to make some gains. :D

Also upped the tr3st to 75mg 1/3x a day.
Thinking about upping msten to 30 I have an 8 week cycle of the stuff and I'm only running it for 4.

stillchillin

Awards
Power upper body today, made more gains.

Bent over rows:
1x5@185
2x4@185
Up 20 lbs
Weighted pull ups:
2x8@25lbs
Rack chins:
2x10
Db flat bench:
1×5@80
2×3@90
Up 10lbs
Weighted dips:
2x10@45
Bb curl:
3x8@85
Up 10lbs
Skull crushers
3x6@75
Up 10lbs.

Over all feeling great no sides to report
Tr3st at 75mg 25mg/3x a day
Msten upped to 30mg only thing I noticed was my appetite has grown substantially since upping the msten.

stillchillin

Awards
I'll be logging later today its power lower body I'm a little excited because I moved gyms and this new gym finally got a power rack. I've been doing my squats on a sort of 3d Smith machine cause it's all they have had. It moves back and forth but there's no real balance involved so it feels like I'm cheating. Anyway to the point I'm looking for advice on getting dumbbells set up for flat benching. I've never used dbs this heavy and almost fell off the bench yesterday. I've been lifting them up with my knees one at a time and laying back but it seems pretty dangerous.

Mystere3

Awards
There's a couple ways to set them up. I try to kinda raise them as I'm laying down. It gets harder as they get heavier. With dbs over 150 sometimes I have ppl hand them to me one at a time.

stillchillin

Awards
I'll give that a try. So for today's log. Had some crazy strength today.

Squats:
2x5@225 new pr up I believe by 20 lbs
1x3@225
Hack squat:
2x6@205 new pr up 20 lbs
Leg extension:
2x10@150 up a lot more then 20 lbs
Sld:
3x5@205 up 20 lbs
Seated leg curls:
2x10@130 up 20 lbs
Standing calf raises:
3x10 with 45 plate per leg
Seated calf raise:
2x10@135
1x10@160 up 25lbs

**** was unreal today everything was smooth worked up to working sets on all major lifts. I could do more I believe on sld and hack squats but my grip strength hasn't kept up, need to work on that. Still feeling great no sides to report libido is up, I'm not gaining a lot of weight but I'll accept that for the strength. Makes me wonder what would happen if I ran epistane with msten? Kinda scared of the sides epi shut me down hard but I put on some quality muscle. The combo seems like it would be to toxic. I think I'm like 10 or 11 days into this cycle don't know what else to expect.

The only thing that worries me is I might be going up to fast I feel like I'm going to plateau and that my joints and **** won't keep up. Like with dumbbells my gym only goes up to 100lbs and I'm at 90s already.
The other thing is I think my strength was zapped on my last cycle from being sick so I don't know if these are real prs or if I was just weakend from being sick. Ether way I feel great now.

I'll try to give an example, for my bench press 185 was my 1rm for almost a year I could barely get that up even on epi I couldn't get past it, but 2 weeks into pct I just felt like benching so I worked up to it and hit 3 reps like butter, so I said put 205 on hit 3 reps last rep was iffy went up to 215 2 reps then put 225 on for 1 rep was smooth but couldn't get another one. But I was a lot healthier into pct so it makes me wonder what my real strength is...

stann123

stann123

Awards
For grip strength do farmers holds, throw some weight on a 45lb bar and grip the end (the thick part)

Mystere3

Awards
Def don't run with epi. You won't gain much but the sides will be much worse.

stillchillin

Awards
Been busy couldn't post yesterday still doing phat it was back and shoulders yesterday hypertrophy. I took it easy cause my forearms have been burning since I went up so much on the powerday. All is still well no sides still feeling great don't remember the weights so I can't log it.

stillchillin

Awards
Still doing phat today was chest and arm hypertrophy stuck to the same weights as the last log trying to ease into higher weights. Good news I'm up 3lbs to 180 I get stuck at 180 and haven't gone over so I guess I'll eat more. Running 30mg msten 75mg trest per day no sides yet besides back pumps feel great have lots of energy and libido is strait.

stillchillin

Awards
One thing I would like add is just like when I ran epistane I really don't want to leave the gym or take days off I'd spend all day there if I could. I really enjoy the pumps and the alpha feeling. Sometimes I'll run a whole workout hit a protein shake and run the next days workout. Love it.

Mystere3

Awards
Need to lift with more intensify. By the time I'm done with my workout I couldn't lift another set much less a whole another workout.

stillchillin

Awards
You know what? You're right tomorrow is legs I'm gonna kill them bitchs.

stillchillin

Awards
I like the phat program so I'll work those into it, should be interesting.

stillchillin

Awards
Went to the gym worked up and drop set everything and holy **** do my legs hurt.

Squats:
Bar 20 reps
15x135
10x185
8x205
5x225
Could only do one rep at 245.
I rested a little between going up but dropped with the same weights going down.
Didn't count going down just hit reps until I felt I wouldn't make it back up.
Leg press:
12x310
10x290
8x270
8x250
6x230
Lost count at 210 but the **** was heavy.
Stopped on 190.
Leg extensions:
For got the weights but I did the whole stack down to 70
Seated leg curls:
Whole stack down to 70
Seated calf raises:
Worked up the drop set.
30@45
20@90
15@135
10@160
Drop set same weight half the reps no rest. Except removing weight.

After that I was done didn't even finish the rest of the workout. I was glad to leave the gym lol.

stillchillin

Awards
Glad I took your advice, first time in a while I was having trouble walking around the gym lol.

stillchillin

Awards
What's up I've been busy so I wasn't logging still ran phat but added drop sets and changed it round at random. I f's up my arm one day with dbs so I had to take it easy on push movements for a few days but I recovered. I'm day one into pct, I'm gonna miss the tr3st as far as the libido enhancement, but won't really miss the msten. Over all I wasn't really that impressed with msten as far as visual gains go ran it 4 weeks 20/20/30/30 the strength increase was great added 20 - 40 lbs on all major lifts. My plan for the future is to take another run with epi because I seem to have responded a lot better to it, during that 5 week cycle I put on about 13lbs. I'm still holding right around 180lbs still pretty lean but not shredded. My plan is to take about a 4 to 6 month break from cycles and just work on building strength and mass with a 5x5 program. My current numbers are as follows.

Squat:
225 3-5 max
Bench:
225 1rm
Db press:
90 3-5 max
Rdl/sldl
205 3-5 max
Ohp
100 5 rep max
Bb shrugs
250 8 reps

As you can see I still need a lot of improvement especially in my legs, a big goal for me is 315 on squats for reps and 100lbs dbs for reps. I need to work on my diet as well as a more solid foundation of muscle to build from so I'm going to stick to compound movements high weight low volume and I'll add in auxiliary and accessory workouts here and there for tri, bi and legs.

Over all I had a good run with msten didn't get close to the lethargic feeling I had on epi but I was running tr3st with this cycle so it prolly helped alot. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and I'll let you guys know how pct turns out.

Pct:
Fish oil 3g
Creatine 5g
Double dragon 350 stealth pct
Nolva: 25/25/25/25

Mystere3

Awards
I think you'll get a lot of mileage out of improving your technique. If you can do 90 lb db press you should be able to lift more than 225; that's as much weight not counting the bar.

stillchillin

Awards
There is a lot of different things I've been noticing as far as imbalance, form and technique. Start I guess from the top my traps aren't equal I'm right handed but my left trap is just a little more developed, you would have to look to see it but it shows in other areas. Like with db curls it doesn't matter which form it may be form example preacher curls. My left arm doesn't strain on the same reps as my right arm it actually performs better same with my legs on one leg leg press I can do more reps before reaching failure then my right. Maybe I'm secretly a lefty? Not srs.
But it's weird.... With the db press and setting up since I started lifting them with my legs laying back I have just that much more energy to get 1 to 2 more reps. So I definitely need to take everything back to the drawing board so to speak.

stillchillin

Awards
Just an update all is well after pct and I sort of hit one of my goals got dem der 100lb dumbbells for 2 on my first try I know I can get 3 next time. Sad part is 100lbs is as high as they go at my gym :(

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surprised no one even mentioned about your pct.

You need to taper the nolva down. 20/20/10/10 is how you'd normally run it

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I think you'll get a lot of mileage out of improving your technique. If you can do 90 lb db press you should be able to lift more than 225; that's as much weight not counting the bar.
I'm the same way. I could bench press dumbells way better than I could barbell press.. It's ****ing dumb but true. Lol.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the same way. I could bench press dumbells way better than I could barbell press.. It's ****ing dumb but true. Lol.
The dumbbells feel better for me too.

But I can press more with the barbell;)