Do You Ultra-Sten What I'm Saying?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to Iron-Flex for allowing me to try one of their products, Ultra-Sten. I had been looking into something like this for a while now and the time is set to give this a four-week run.

Bio:
Weight: ~195lbs

I want to bulk--lean bulk--while I'm on this. My base caloric intake is about 3400 calories right now. I will slowly build this up or adjust with increases as necessary. I remember last time I bulked: I had stuffed my face so much, I couldn't enjoy anything! When the Ultra-Sten kicks in, then I can dial it in better.

Doing Wendler's 5/3/1. Really like this program. Sounds stupid easy on paper...but once you've put yourself through the ringers...YEAH!

Monday = Squats + BBB
Tuesday = Bench + Triumverate
Thursday = Deadlift + BBB
Friday = Press + Triumverate

As far as aesthetics, I'd like to get as hardened a look as I can. I like the mass that I currently have, but I'd like to add on some more pounds and try to compact it all in, get dense.

The Goods:
-Ultra-Sten 20/20/20/20
-Whey isolate
-Fish oil
-UDCA 500/500/500/500
-Life Support
-Forskolin-95
-NOW ADAM

The PCT:
-Nolva 20/20/10/10
-Anabeta
-Erase
-Ultra-Male
-EndoSurge Turbo
-Creatine
-NOW ADAM

Status to date:
I started yesterday, taking my first pill with my fat shake. I took the second one later on in the evening, again with another meal. Today, I took the morning one and the took the second one before working out, with my pre-workout shake.

I know it is only two days, but I can feel some aggression wanting to brew. NOTE: I am one, or used to be one, to get peeved, pissed, upset, angry, etc. quite easily, especially with stupid people and with so many around, you can imagine how often I was upset. I'd never lose my cool, but would get short and curt and make mean ole glares at people to tell them to effe off!

This morning I could feel some sense of temper heating up, but I was conscious of it, and, having lived with myself for as long as I have, I've gotten a better foothold of chilling the effe out.

I bring this up because it signaled to me that something's mixing. And if that's the case, then everything should pan out as I have planned.

Let do this!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be in but this guy is already getting mad :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Nothing major to report—as in, nothing groundbreaking or out of the norm. I had some headaches the first two days, one of which I had on Monday night and I thought it was going to turn into a migraine. Hadn’t had that happen in a while—getting a migraine that is, as I’m not prone to them. Yesterday I was good and so far today, I’m in the clear. I’m sure it’s just the body getting used to something this powerful.

During the day, I can feel a slight surge of an energy burst. They feel like sudden jolts—feels like a power plant that’s turning on for the first time.

Last night was chest and during the workout, every time I’d move or grab weights or whatever, other muscles that I wasn’t working directly felt pumped. In fact, towards the end of the workout, the whole body felt swole, as though every muscle in my body had been exercised. It was great! I didn’t get as much of a pump on the chest as I would have liked and I’m mildly sore today, but I attribute this to switching up my benching technique as I had not been attacking it correctly.

Overall, things are moving along quite nicely. Aside from the early headaches, I haven’t had any sides, though again, at four days, there might not be enough time to ensure I’m free and clear, not that I’m worried mind. You don’t go into something like this without planning and preparing.

I’ve planned my work and now I’m working my plan!

Keep liftin’!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like the detail ric. The Msten should kick sometime soon :)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In / Lurking / Creeping...

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Great detail I'm liking the way this log is shaping up.. Headaches and nose bleeds are usually signs of increased BP, and it is common so no worry. Just keep an eye on it, just wait till your pumped 24-7 :)

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
How's it going Ricroc any more headaches??

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Nope. No headaches. After about Tuesday, I've been great.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I know what you mean. I had figured it was simply a matter of getting used to everything and the good news was that they were not frequent, but the few I had were still bothersome, but did leave relatively fast.

I can feel a good surge of energy about to erupt. Like water simmering before it goes full boil.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Yup, I know what you mean. I had figured it was simply a matter of getting used to everything and the good news was that they were not frequent, but the few I had were still bothersome, but did leave relatively fast.

I can feel a good surge of energy about to erupt. Like water simmering before it goes full boil.
LOL Make sure you blow the lid off on your next workout!!!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So we know Sten isn't like SD then...

When I took SD, I felt it immediately and usually experienced weight gain the first day. I will say however that I've always been a super responder to ph's in general when it comes to glycogen loading.

rr - have you experienced any muscle tightening effects? This is tell tale that water is being pushed to and retained by the muscle cell, which is what you want.

I would also recommend taking the creatine while on cycle to maximize gains. There is no reason not to do this imo. Creatine doesn't need to be cycled.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
rr - have you experienced any muscle tightening effects? This is tell tale that water is being pushed to and retained by the muscle cell, which is what you want.

I would also recommend taking the creatine while on cycle to maximize gains. There is no reason not to do this imo. Creatine doesn't need to be cycled.
My arms are feeling tighter, especially my left arm/triceps. I did chest on Tuesday and the triceps still feel pumped, tight. I was hoping my chest would be the same way, but I know it's slowly coming around.

I was toying with the idea of using creatine during cycle, but had read to save it for PCT so I was going to go that route, but with it being brought up again, I think I'll go back to my original idea.

Speaking of creatine, my arms feel stout much like the first time I loaded creatine, way back in the summer of 1997. Granted, in 1997, that was after about two months of training as opposed to three days' worth.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
People have different thoughts about creatine on cycle. Most think it's just not needed on cycle and just save it for PCT. Others worry about their liver and try to take as little supps. as possible to help limit stress..

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People have different thoughts about creatine on cycle. Most think it's just not needed on cycle and just save it for PCT. Others worry about their liver and try to take as little supps. as possible to help limit stress..
I understand, but I wasn't suggesting an either/or approach. I was suggesting to load, then dont stop. 5g daily afterwards will suffice after loading.

It's the fact that creatine is anabolic in its own way, entirely different from steroids and is one of the three energy systems that the body uses to perform significant work w/ high intensity. The phosphagen system accounts for more than half the entire energy available during a high-intensity anaerobic set. So in my mind, when on a steroid, creatine is ever so important since it attracts water to the cell, increases nutrient partitioning and is a performance enhancer. With hormonal support, it drastically increases overall results. Just wouldn't want to go without it IMO.

BTW, where are the nudes, RR?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And as far as liver stress goes - rr has got the best protocol in the business for liver problems. I bet his liver doesn't even break a sweat (if he has a normally functioning liver and he doesnt drink on cycle)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I had figured this was one of the rationales for opting to use creatine post cycle.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
It's the fact that creatine is anabolic in its own way, entirely different from steroids and is one of the three energy systems that the body uses to perform significant work w/ high intensity. The phosphagen system accounts for more than half the entire energy available during a high-intensity anaerobic set. So in my mind, when on a steroid, creatine is ever so important since it attracts water to the cell, increases nutrient partitioning and is a performance enhancer. With hormonal support, it drastically increases overall results. Just wouldn't want to go without it IMO.

fp, once you brought up muscle tightness and creatine that I began to think along these lines.

As for nudes, maybe, maybe, if I'll feel a little frisky after deads tonight that I'll put some up. HAHA. Maybe for Saturday. Day 7 pics will work.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I understand, but I wasn't suggesting an either/or approach. I was suggesting to load, then dont stop. 5g daily afterwards will suffice after loading.

And as far as liver stress goes - rr has got the best protocol in the business for liver problems. I bet his liver doesn't even break a sweat (if he has a normally functioning liver and he doesnt drink on cycle)
I do agree with you I was just letting RR know the thinking of some as to why not use it.. And I'm with you where are the NUDES!!! LOL

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Exhausting. Form got a little sloppy on my final set, but other than that, I put in some work. Didn't feel tired afterwards, just relaxed.

When I train, I go as hard as I can, without being stupid and getting sloppy or cheating every which way. I'm pushing it, but afterwards, it seems like I didn't really push it that far. I'm a bit soar in the traps this morning, also seeing as I did shrugs on Thursday.

Nothing major to report. Everything is going well.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exhausting. Form got a little sloppy on my final set, but other than that, I put in some work. Didn't feel tired afterwards, just relaxed.

When I train, I go as hard as I can, without being stupid and getting sloppy or cheating every which way. I'm pushing it, but afterwards, it seems like I didn't really push it that far. I'm a bit soar in the traps this morning, also seeing as I did shrugs on Thursday.

Nothing major to report. Everything is going well.
weight gain!?!? You've been on for 5 or 6 days haven't you?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Weight's gone up, but I think most of it is water. This morning, the scale read 203. When I started, I was around 196. I look a tad pudgier in the belly range. I ate like crazy this weekend, so that might be part of it, especially last night. Yesterday, hunger started increasing--a great sign!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Weight's gone up, but I think most of it is water. This morning, the scale read 203. When I started, I was around 196. I look a tad pudgier in the belly range. I ate like crazy this weekend, so that might be part of it, especially last night. Yesterday, hunger started increasing--a great sign!
up 7lbs??!! I'd say it's working you should be setting new PR's any day now...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where are the before shots?!

Appetite increase in an excellent sign.. Well and the 7lb gain!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I'll try and post some up today.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah really. I hope appetite increases for me as well. 7lbs in 1 week sounds like a dream drug, lol.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
he should gain 15-20lbs by the end at this rate... Time to buy new shirts ;)
Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.
You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb ;)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb ;)
ricroc --> Basically, we're tryin to say stop slackin on the log, bud! Need enough details to see trends in the product over time.

Where's my nudes...

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.
Don't be ashamed. We're here for support, encouragement and accountability.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
that's what I'm talking about, I've been lifting like a little girl for the last 3 months rehabing my shoulder and still seeing gains. It's not about the weight as much as TUT..

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Here are the pics. These are as of last night. Day 9 in the cycle.

AM_back.jpg

AM_flex.jpg

AM_legs.jpg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Says the massive lean guy lol

All seriousness though, encouragement and accountability is def what were here for :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 of 30

Well, last night was chest. Good night. Routine went well. The weight felt light, mostly the first two working sets. I hadn't lifted that much on my own in quite some time and it went up nice and smooth.

Things are going along just fine. Only some mild acne to complain about, but I am prone to acne, so this would happen under usually circumstances. Adding more to my diet. Need to go shopping again.

Tuesday - Bench Press (200)
Set #1 - 70%: 3x140
Set #2 - 80%: 3x160
Set #3 - 90%: 6x180

Final set went well, I could have done more but it would have been a sloppy rep. I didn't get as much of a pump as I would have liked, so perhaps my mechanics were off. I'll have to revisit that this weekend.

I finished up with some incline press, 5x10 and some one-arm dumbbell rows, 3x10.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Welcome all!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
Hey, you just described me!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
If your wearing your Iron flex shirts then I guess it's Ok... LOL