Cuffs First True Bulker

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
This log will be maintained for my first true bulking cycle beginning today, 01/06/05.

GOAL:
To add 25+ lbs of mass, while trying to keep b/f in the area of 15-17%. The b/f may be a struggle, but I'm hoping my diet plan will keep it at bay.

STATS:
5'-10.5", 220LBS, 13-14% B/F

DIET:
I am going to go with 4500 cals per day to start. I will raise the cals if I feel it is necessary. The diet will be a 45/35/20.

CYCLE:
This cycle will be for 14 weeks.
Due to the current state of supplements, I am not going to list what I will be taking. You can draw your own conclusion, but please do not ask, and please do not post your assumptions. If you're someone I speak with on occasion, you can ask me through a PM, or my cyber mail.

TRAINING:
I will be utilizing a 4-day split during this cycle. I have been on a 3-day split for almost a year. I love the 3-day split, but want to change it up a bit for this. I will be spliting my leg workouts on two of these days. Quads on one, Hams on the other. I'm trying to get my legs caught up with my upper half.

I will be running some cardio to keep things going. I can't afford to get too sloppy.

SUPPLEMENTS:
Whey protein
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Green Tea
Fish Oil
Hawthorne Berry
Saw Palemento
Milk Thistle
Chromium
Melatonin (night before work only)
Sesathin (I will add this in after week 8 through PCT)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good. 25lbs. is a lot though, but I wish you good luck. I will be following the thread.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. 25lbs. is a lot though, but I wish you good luck. I will be following the thread.
I thought that as well. I set my goal high for this. I'd be very happy with 20lbs. I'm sure some of it's going to be fat. Just trying to limit it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I see you put "mass" which in those terms I see it as a very possible goal. I'm sure you are giddy with anticapation to.:whip:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
good luck brudda, i'll be following this one pretty close. 25lbs isn't that much to gain during the cycle, but it's a lot to keep afterwards, so i've discovered :frustrate

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
watching w/ interest - and pulling for your success!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good luck, Cuffs. I'll be watching it close.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/06/04
Alrighty then. Despite my knee being a bit jacked up, which was explained in another thread, I went against advice I would have given soemone else. Kinda like milwood...LOL, (something from another thread). The swelling in my knee is gone, and it's feeling better. It's just stiff and a little painful. What can I say, I was just too jazzed to sit by and wait Plus, I was still pissed off over last night. So, I went ahead with my first dose.

I'll update with more info. later.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
it really sucks that you cant post what your taken, I wouldnt either though. I planned my cycle I am in now to end the day before the ban hits.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/12/04:
I ran into a bit of a problem this last weekend, but things are much better now. They say things happen in threes, and for me, that's exactly what happened. Still have some pain just below my knee, but more in my calf, from the fight at work. I did a light leg workout on Tuesday and had no problems. Chest/tricep workout on Monday went very well.

Anyways, I can feel things beginning to kick in. Weight is at 223.5lbs., up 3.5 this week. My appetite had been suppressed the last two days, but has been much more noticeable today. I even broke down and went to Burger King for the first time in a year. DID YOU HEAR THAT BIGPETE? I SAID I WENT TO BURGER KING...LOL! Starting to see/feel a little bloat in my face. Depending on how I look tomorrow, I may begin some A-dex at .25ml.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to add this to my post...

To all the dudes here that gave me advice for the problem I experienced the last few days, I want to say a big...
THANK YOU!
It was very much appreciated. Even though I probably sounded like a whiney bitch.

size

Awards
  • Established
I guess things worked out in a positive direction. ;)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the bulk, Cuffs! :thumbsup:

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
without getting into detail to honor your first post what kind of esters are they if you dont mind me asking?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I even broke down and went to Burger King for the first time in a year. I SAID I WENT TO BURGER KING...LOL!
I bet you used one of those coupons buy one get one free LOL I used all mine already. No wonder I'm up 23 Lb:icon_lol:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're better, Cuffs. That was a tough break. Actually, I don't even know what's going on. I just log on to stare at that cop-chick, hoping in vain that she'll finally get all that gear unzipped...

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Hey, stand in line! That chick already taken:hammer:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
great to hear cuffs! hope things keep progressing well, i'm sure they will

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/18/05:
Workouts have been going good. I've noticed an increase in strength and stamina. Recovery is also very fast.

Weight today was at 225.5lbs. Up 5.5 pounds thus far. Had some bloat the other day, but introduced an RC at .30ml's eod. Seems to have done the trick.

My diet has not been very good. Not so much my diet, but my appetite is somewhat surppressed. I find myself having to force feed myself to get the calories up. However, there have been a few days when my calories suffered (been low).

On Monday, I worked chest and tri's. Had a very good workout. I got home, slammed down a shake, showered, and had to take the wife to a doctors appointment. I began to feel like crap, achy all over. I took a few Ibuprofen and drank a bunch of water, and began to feel much better. I believe the problem was from lactic acid.

Anyways...days 7-9 had some back pumps, but nothing major. Began to feel them at my last set of dead lifts. It has since gone away.

I had a couple of unexpected complements.

First was from my wife. She had been out of town for a couple of weeks. I was laying down and she was sitting on top of me (Keep picturing that one you pervs ;) ). She had her hands on my chest and began commenting on how my chest feels much tighter, harder, fuller. She said "wow, you've been really focusing on your chest, haven't you? I can really tell a difference." That was nice to hear.

Second was at my gym from a retired sports doctor. The doctor was working out next to me and commented on how he could tell that I've been growing. He said he's been watching me for the past year (don't know if that's good or bad :blink: ). He said he could tell that I've put on at least 20 pounds of muscle since. I thought, dude, he almost nailed the amount.

I'm almost at the two week mark, so I believe things should be really kicking in this point. Just need to do something about the appetite. Hopefully it kicks in as well.

Last edited:
Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I forgot to mention something. My son and I rough house a lot. Well, on Saturday he nailed me on one of my most recent application sites. Hurt like a bitch, but I didn't say anything. Later that day, I was watching football when he nailed me even harder...in the same place. I instantly became pissed, but held myself back, laughed it off, and told him "good one." Once he left the room, I wimpered like a little bitch. :D I couldn't lift my arm without severe in pain until Monday. Got a nice bruise going as well.

Ahhhh, fatherhood!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I forgot to mention something. My son and I rough house a lot. Well, on Saturday he nailed me on one of my most recent application sites. Hurt like a bitch, but I didn't say anything. Later that day, I was watching football when he nailed me even harder...in the same place. I instantly became pissed, but held myself back, laughed it off, and told him "good one." Once he left the room, I wimpered like a little bitch. :D I couldn't lift my arm without severe in pain until Monday. Got a nice bruise going as well.

Ahhhh, fatherhood!
Looking to see where this cycle takes you...and stop whinning! :icon_lol:

size

Awards
  • Established
You may reconsider trying to control the bloating this early. As long as blood pressure and gyno are not issues then this early bloating should be used to your advantage.

I think the doctor "friend" wants to help wash your backside. :lol:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Size, I was thinking the same thing. No signs of gyno at this time. Nips are hard most of the time, and...kinda feel good actually. :D I just don't want to be too bloated. I'll lay off the AI for now, and will only use it on an as needed basis.

Weight today was 224.5lbs. A pound less than the day before. However, this weight is probably more accurate as I had emptied myself big time from all the food I've been trying to cram down my throat hole. Some of my bloat was down as well.

One thing I did forget to mention in my earlier posts. I've been very tired/lethargic on my days off. I slept a good 12 hours two of the days, with a long 6 hour nap on Saturday.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Cuffs,

I noticed you said you appetite is supressed. By any chance are you drinking milk/dairy and feeling bloated so you don't feel hungry?

CROWLER

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Cuffs,

I noticed you said you appetite is supressed. By any chance are you drinking milk/dairy and feeling bloated so you don't feel hungry?
Dairy products are being consumed very lightly. Pretty much only before I go to bed. I may have a shake with non-fat milk, or some non-fat milk with some natty pb. That's about it. When I wake up, I have no appetite. I force myself to eat, and I'm able to down whatever it is I have in front of me. I haven't noticed a bloated feeling that suppresses my appetite. The main bloat I've experienced is my usual, face and torso. It's just food in general isn't appealing, until I begin to eat, or get a craving.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
25 pounds of keepable muscle is an unrealistic goal,counting water then it is real, but 25 pounds of LBM is very wishful. I wish you luck but I think you are aiming too high.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
25 pounds of keepable muscle is an unrealistic goal,counting water then it is real, but 25 pounds of LBM is very wishful. I wish you luck but I think you are aiming too high.
Well, I set a high goal, and a low goal. As long as I meet my low goal, I'll be satisfied. The high goal will just be considered icing on the cake. I know 25lbs. will be tough, but that's why I said 25lbs of mass. I'm giving myself approximately 4% of b/f gain, which will be in the area of 8-9 pounds. However, realistically I will probably gain more unwanted b/f. All depends on the diet and PCT. Also, keep in mind, this is my first bulker, and I am a semi-easy gainer. So, with the math, I think 16lbs of LBM is achievable. Unless my appetite doesn't begin to kick in.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
16lbs is doable. that diet is going to be the determining factor though.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/24/05:

Things have really began to kick in at this point. Increases in strength and endurance are noticeable. I also actually appear to be dropping some b/f. Vascularity is becoming more noticeable as well, especially through my chest, shoulders, and legs. Diet has been okay, although I'm still not getting my target cals. I stopped using my AI and became very bloated. I had to break down and use it the other day. My weight on Saturday was 230.5lbs. After my AI, my weight today was still at 226.5. So, I dropped 4lbs of water weight. I'm using the AI at a low dose and sparingly. Libido is through the roof.

size

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with usnig the AI if it is needed.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
AI = aromatase inhibitor and yes a-dex is an example of that (anastrozole) check out ibenutrition.com

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hey Cuffs

Hey man, how is the training coming? It looks like you are having a good time with this cycle, so it is making for a great read. How clean should I say, or how often do you allow yourself a cheat meal? My app right now is like a freight train, should I allow myself one or two bowls of vanilla ice cream everynight?? :icon_lol:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/26/05:
Weight today was at 229.5lbs. Up 9.5lbs for these first three weeks. Although, I am a bit bloated again today. Like I said before, I'm only using the AI sparingly. I have had no gyno related issues thus far ***knock on wood***.

Yesterday was legs and shoulders. So far my best workout this cycle. Strength was up in every lift, and stamina was great. I was drenched from head to toe. Today was supposed to be cardio and abs, however, I listened to my body and took it off to sleep and recoup.

Appetite is still about the same, but I've been forcing the food down to get my cals. My diet hasn't been the cleanest. I do allow myself the double Whopper or Double-Double from In-n-Out to get my calories up. I have found it is very tough to consume the cals needed for a bulker, while trying to eat clean. Kuddos to those who make it work. I have always found it easier to consume maintenance or cutting calories. I'm going to shift my diet around a bit this week.

Motiv8er...I have always allowed myself at least one good cheat meal per week. During this cycle, I'm allowing myself a bit more. I see no problem having the occasional ice cream, or goodie. Helps keep one sane. There are some non-fat ice creams sweetened with Splenda that are a good treat also.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i also find it VERY hard to consume enough cals during bulking, but try adding a few tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day ... 120 cals per pop and its good fat :) ... better than a double whopper lol

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
i also find it VERY hard to consume enough cals during bulking, but try adding a few tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day ... 120 cals per pop and its good fat :) ... better than a double whopper lol
I don't know why I didn't even consider that. I had been trying to eat avocados for cals and fat, but the oil would be easier. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
i miss double-double's :(
LOL...the closest In-n-Out to me is 40 minutes away. In order for me to have a reason to go yesterday, I made a special trip to buy my wife some UGGS she's been wanting. I ordered them a couple of months ago, and they just came in. I shot over there quick...and what do you know, In-n-Out is right across the street from the shoe store. Still, I had to spend $160.00 F'n dollars from some shoes in order for me to get my burger. But, I'd do it again. :D

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
LOL...the closest In-n-Out to me is 40 minutes away. In order for me to have a reason to go yesterday, I made a special trip to buy my wife some UGGS she's been wanting. I ordered them a couple of months ago, and they just came in. I shot over there quick...and what do you know, In-n-Out is right across the street from the shoe store. Still, I had to spend $160.00 F'n dollars from some shoes in order for me to get my burger. But, I'd do it again. :D
That is an expensive burger my friend

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
i like to get for a cheet at MCdonalds - one double quaterpounder with cheese and 3 spicy MCchickens :O

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
01/31/05:

Weight today was at 232lbs. Up 12 pounds thus far.

Strength is still going up in all lifts. Appetite is still not all that, but I force myself. I'm beginning to experience some tendenitous in my left bicep near my inner elbow, which i've had before. Also, the knee I injured earlier in the month is nagging me a bit. I may be going in for an MRI on it later this week.

My body is definitely going through a recomp. I'm still getting compliments from people at the gym. My wife has become skeptical, asking what I'm taking. She even began checking my body for injection sites. I told her she had no reason to worry. My libido is still through the roof. That aspect has calmed my wife's worries. She's with the understanding that if a person is on an AAS cycle (which I'm not saying I am) then they can't get it up.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
12lbs? damn. having any back pumps yet? should be coming along shortly.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Days 7-9 I had some back pumps. Kinda like I experienced with some M1T cycles. Although, yesterday I broke down and did some yard work. My lower back was killing me while I ran the line trimmer around my yards.

As this week comes to an end, so will the doses of the "jump starter" I am using. I thought about extending it another week, and it probably wouldn't hurt, but I want to make sure I do this right.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
My wife has become skeptical, asking what I'm taking. She even began checking my body for injection sites. I told her she had no reason to worry. My libido is still through the roof. That aspect has calmed my wife's worries. She's with the understanding that if a person is on an AAS cycle (which I'm not saying I am) then they can't get it up.
LOL My girl same way, says the other day "My girlfriend told me her boyfriend using steroids, because he can't get it up and he's always pissed off" And then she says "I know, you don't use steroids, cuz you can do me 6 times a day" LOL SD and 4-ad is a bad ass stack:smite:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 5
Cuffs General Chat 8
Cuffs General Chat 23
Cuffs General Chat 20
Cuffs Pics 16