Cutting weight

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
So I'm dieting healthy about 160 trying to cut down to 145 by August. I'm in a calorie deficit but I'm still holding onto water weight. I'm losing muscle as well right now. Is winstrol advisable. Or does clen even really work. I've been doing a lot of research and I'm really not sure whose right cause everyone says something different. I'm not looking for an easy button. But I am looking for a faster way to get to where I'm going. I guesss call it an aid.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
id have to say your diet is subpar, whats your tdee?

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
id have to say your diet is subpar, whats your tdee?
Lol I'm not sure of all the lingo. So be patient. My diet is pretty good actually. I'm a personal trainer so I do know quite a bit about nutrition and all that. I just don't have much knowledge about supplementation or cycles.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol I'm not sure of all the lingo. So be patient. My diet is pretty good actually. I'm a personal trainer so I do know quite a bit about nutrition and all that. I just don't have much knowledge about supplementation or cycles.
dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know how to calculate your total daily energy expidenture then you probably dont have the nutritional knowledge you think you have...

google tdee calculations to get a generic base line of calorie requirements and lets go from there

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Ok I got you and no I'm ok with constructive criticism. I just didn't know it had an abbreviation. I eat about 1700 a day and burn at least 2200 a day.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Ok I got you and no I'm ok with constructive criticism. I just didn't know it had an abbreviation. I eat about 1700 a day and burn at least 2200 a day.
theres your problem....your starving yourself

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
1700 is more like a bmr figure, youre saying youre -500 calories a day

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Yeah I figured that. I have a cheat day but during the week I eat very strict and find myself with no energy after my workout and need to take a nap before my next workout

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Give me a sec to make sure let me calculate it.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah I figured that. I have a cheat day but during the week I eat very strict and find myself with no energy after my workout and need to take a nap before my next workout
what are your stats

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
5'7" 160 pounds. 8 percent body fat. 350 on bench 420 on squat.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
with moderate exercise (3-5 exercise days a week) i get roughly a 2700 calorie tdee, at a 500 deficiency thats roughly 2200 calories...

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol @ personal trainer.... Tries to help people lose weight,can't cut without hormones lolz

If you're at 8% you can't go below that and sustain it for prolonged periods of time. Why would you want to cut if you're 8%? If you Dont see abs then clearly you're not 8%, I can't think of why anyone would need to go lower than that.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
yes, maybe even alittle more to try and re gain some lost muscle

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Lol @ personal trainer.... Tries to help people lose weight,can't cut without hormones lolz

If you're at 8% you can't go below that and sustain it for prolonged periods of time. Why would you want to cut if you're 8%? If you Dont see abs then clearly you're not 8%, I can't think of why anyone would need to go lower than that.
I'm not trying to get below 8% I'm trying to cut weight for a specific sport. I have abs and can clearly see them. But just because your 8% doesn't mean you see abs. People carry their weight differently. Everyone's body is unique. Example Michael phelps. Since he's a swimmer his body adapts to being more buoyant in water so he naturally carries more body fat. 12 percent compared to sprinters about 7 to 10.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
yes, maybe even alittle more to try and re gain some lost muscle
Thanks I might not be getting enough water as well. I'm not use to cutting weight. I'm more use to just maintaining and gaining muscle.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I'm not trying to get below 8% I'm trying to cut weight for a specific sport. I have abs and can clearly see them. But just because your 8% doesn't mean you see abs. People carry their weight differently. Everyone's body is unique. Example Michael phelps. Since he's a swimmer his body adapts to being more buoyant in water so he naturally carries more body fat. 12 percent compared to sprinters about 7 to 10.
if your losing weight then obviously youre losing muscle if youre not trying to lose fat. confused....

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
I have 149 pounds of muscle so I'm going to have to lose some muscle getting to 145.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 12% you're not seeing great ab definition Lol at 8 you better be pretty damn ripped. Anyway just calculate tdee, adjust carbs if you carry a lot of water, be in a deficit and call it a day. Simple.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
I think it had a lot more to do with my water intake. I fluctuate quite a bit tho. So I'll adjust. Just wanted a little input.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I have 149 pounds of muscle so I'm going to have to lose some muscle getting to 145.
if thats your goal then keep cals low and increase expidenture.....

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it had a lot more to do with my water intake. I fluctuate quite a bit tho. So I'll adjust. Just wanted a little input.
Too high or too low? Too low and you'll feel like **** and bloat. Too high and well you'll drown xD . just aim for 1-1.5 gallons.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Too high or too low? Too low and you'll feel like **** and bloat. Too high and well you'll drown xD . just aim for 1-1.5 gallons.
I think it's too low. I aim for half my body weight in ounces so about 80 ounces a day.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it's too low. I aim for half my body weight in ounces so about 80 ounces a day.
Like I said keep it simple, that's 0.60 gallons so yes too low. Aim for 1 gallon a day.