First Test E only Cycle...slow gains...thoughts?

D

Danc1523

Awards
Alright so ill try to get everything in here without over explaining myself.

5'10
185 Start
Currently 196 (morning)

I have been lifting solid for 5 years and diet is pretty strict.. about 4000 Cals a day. Ive researched the sh!t out of this cycle before I started but now that Im on its harder to find people with similar eperiences.

So anyways, I am 7 weeks into my cycle of 500mg a week split into 2 (monday and thursday) and so far im up about 11 pounds. Not bad gains so far and strength is up a decent amount. Depends on the day I guess. My gear seems legit as my testicles have shrunk pretty good (No HCG, next time perhaps)

I train 5 days a week in the mornings and my lifts have all increased. I expected a bit more to be honest as far as gains go. Im only up 11 pounds in 7 weeks which I understand is a big gain but maybe my expectations were too high? Now i'm just wondering if my gains now will continue as im in the sweet spot as the test e should be in full swing by now. I plan on running 12 weeks test E and switching to test prop for the last 2 weeks in order to bridge smoothly into my PCT and avoid the 2 week wait if I kept running the E (any thoughts? comments? Concerns?)

Anyone else with experience take this long for Test E to kick in? Maybe I dont respond as well to Test as some guys and will have to add another compound next time, now that I know how I react to the test.

I realize my diet will probably be the first thing to be questioned but I feel like I eat like a horse, it would be hard for me to cram ANY more food inside of me but I can always try.

Any thoughts, tips, questions, suggestions, Let me Know... Thanks

MFIT

MFIT

Awards
As far as diet goes. Ive always been told. "If you think youre eating enough, you need to eat more." Usually some bloodwork will let you know if your stuff is legit.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post an entire day of your diet as plugged into a tracking program.

Also, get bloods done and post the results.

We can't answer your question with only your opinion about the cycle. FACTS are needed to give you direction.

MFIT

MFIT

Awards
Post an entire day of your diet as plugged into a tracking program.

Also, get bloods done and post the results.

We can't answer your question with only your opinion about the cycle. FACTS are needed to give you direction.
Ditto

D

Danc1523

Awards
Alright will post diet ASAP. And get blood work done when I can. I'm pretty convinced its legit as I feel good And am getting stronger each workout. It's more the slow gains which are concerning me. Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Will update soon

D

Danc1523

Awards
Alright typical day of my diet.

Meal 1: 8am
3 cups of oatmeal
Cup of cottage cheese
Protein shake

Meal 2: 10:30am
Cup of cottage cheese
Sweet potato or rice

Meal 3: 1pm
Pasta with tuna and harboilded eggs
1 chicken breast

Meal 4: 4pm
Tuna sandwich
Milk

Meal 5: 5:30pm
3 cups of rice
1or2 steaks or 1 chicken breast depending on my mood

Meal 6: 7pm
Usually 1tbs all natural peanut butter on whole grain bread
Cup of skim milk.

Or plain bagel with cottage cheese

That's my typical diet for a day and my program I use to track it puts me at :

3600 cals
280g protein
480g carbs
60g fat

52/33/15 macro for that specific diet

I can usually hit 4000 without
Much issue By
Upping portion size. I'm usually pretty good and can eat the same foods every day with little to no issue. Any insight or suggestions for this diet would be appreciated and welcomed.
Thanks

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If that's a truly accurate daily total, I like it. Bloods, son, bloods!!

D

Danc1523

Awards
Hey guys. Ya that's pretty much my diet day in day out. Cheat sometimes on Sunday with a little pizza or something but who doesn't.

As far as the oatmeal, it's a love hate thing. I love it because I don't feel bloated after eating it. Hate it because after about 2 cups I start to gag and have to water it down and pretty much drink the rest.

Bloods are a must. I've never had them done (insert flame here) so I'm not exactly sure what the process is but I'm assuming I can just call my doc and ask to have them done.

D

Danc1523

Awards
Oh and P.S. I was up to 198lbs this morning at the gym with no food inside me. That brings me up to 13lbs 8 weeks. More along the realm of what I expected with this test only cycle. So perhaps I'm breaking through this plateau. Hope so:)

MFIT

MFIT

Awards
Hey guys. Ya that's pretty much my diet day in day out. Cheat sometimes on Sunday with a little pizza or something but who doesn't.

As far as the oatmeal, it's a love hate thing. I love it because I don't feel bloated after eating it. Hate it because after about 2 cups I start to gag and have to water it down and pretty much drink the rest.

Bloods are a must. I've never had them done (insert flame here) so I'm not exactly sure what the process is but I'm assuming I can just call my doc and ask to have them done.
Thats me. I hate eating it. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

P

pack22s

Awards
You're just getting into the sweet spot of the cycle bro! But 13lbs in 8 weeks is extremely impressive and nothing to be ashamed of! I would've jump started with the Prop weeks 1-4 but you should be cool using it weeks 13 and 14 before pct.

D

Danc1523

Awards
You're just getting into the sweet spot of the cycle bro! But 13lbs in 8 weeks is extremely impressive and nothing to be ashamed of! I would've jump started with the Prop weeks 1-4 but you should be cool using it weeks 13 and 14 before pct.
Hey man! Thanks. I really appreciate the encouragement and hope your right. I've been training my ass off and not taking anything for granted. Just hoping I'm a week 8-12 kinda guy, as opposed to a "not to responsive" in the end.

D

Danc1523

Awards
Hey guys. Just a quick update. Haven't had Time to get bloods done, work and home life have been nuts this week but still Hoping in the near future.

Into week 9 now and I appear to be rocking and rolling in all aspects. Weight is up to 203 lbs (morning) so almost 20lbs from start of cycle. Pretty pumped about that. And strength is the through the roof. Trained back today, deadlift has gone from 405 1rm to 467lbs today. Shoulder press has gone from 80s to 105s for 6 reps. I'm loving the strength gains probably more than anything else. People are starting to comment regularly now.

Now my question is this. Should I at all be considering a slight extension of my cycle here because of my late response to the test (took about 8 weeks to gain 10lbs, and about a week
For the last 8ish lbs) or is this all normal and I should just stick with my original plan of 12 weeks test E then last 2 Test P to bridge into my PCT. I'm fairly certain I'll be told to just continue with my original plan but I was hoping just to get a second (or many) opinion on this. Thanks

V

Viking23

Awards
I hate to hijack but I was wondering what dose you would use of test p to jump start the test e. And what about coming off?

D

Danc1523

Awards
Personally I just went straight through at 500 a week. If I was doing it again and wanted to kick start I would use dbol or an oral to get me through the first couple slow weeks because its a bitch waiting for the test e to kick in.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In your mind what do u expect as far a "kick"in ??

11lbs is decent , have u put up a plate increase in bench ?

why not add in epi or halo for last 5-6weeks

D

Danc1523

Awards
In your mind what do u expect as far a "kick"in ??

11lbs is decent , have u put up a plate increase in bench ?

why not add in epi or halo for last 5-6weeks
Hey man

I guess I just didn't know exactly what to expect as far as a test E only. But it crept up on me hard the last week or so and I feel great now. Energy and strength are both great. I'm up almost 20 lbs now so no complaints.

And I'm benching 315 from 245 so almost a full plate exactly.

I'll look into the epi/halo. Thanks

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea those are great gains imo

I haven't done a complete cycle of testE but from the logs I've read and research id say its damn good and love your diet

Keep in mind most users also use a Kickstart as sd or dbol for first 4weeks and u didnt so I'm impressed on the strength/weight gain

good luck in the remaining cycle

D

Danc1523

Awards
Yea those are great gains imo

I haven't done a complete cycle of testE but from the logs I've read and research id say its damn good and love your diet

Keep in mind most users also use a Kickstart as sd or dbol for first 4weeks and u didnt so I'm impressed on the strength/weight gain

good luck in the remaining cycle
Thank you! Appreciate it a lot

Dbol will almost certainly be added in my next cycle down the road.

All the best.