PRE CYCLE PREP

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
What is everybody's thoughts on the best pre cycle supps to minimize sides? We got; Saw palmetto for prostate, Hawthorne berry for blood pressure, Milk thistle & NAC for Liver support. Others? what about estrogen suppressors? I3C perhaps, are there others? And which do we carry over into the cycle? I think all listed would be good cycle support. Thoughts? Comments? DIM might be better than I3C.

Last edited:
Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I prefer DIM to IC3 I also throw in Maca. Don't forget your fish oil for joint support and if your increasing your carbs which will help with lethargy cinnamon is great for regulating blood sugar especially if you have crappy carbs.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
I prefer DIM to IC3 I also throw in Maca. Don't forget your fish oil for joint support and if your increasing your carbs which will help with lethargy cinnamon is great for regulating blood sugar especially if you have crappy carbs.
From further reading I was liking the DIM more than I3C too. Fish oils, always have 'em but didn't know about the cinnamon I will read up on that and heed your advice.

I appreciate you taking the time Tansui.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
My pleasure here's a good starting place!

(excerpt from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/cinnamon-diabetes-_b_839487.html)
Below are five known ways cinnamon can be helpful to your metabolism:
1. Cinnamon can increase your glucose metabolism about 20-fold, which significantly improves blood sugar regulation. (4)
2. Cinnamon has been found to have "insulin-like effects" due to a bioactive compound, qualifying it as a candidate for an insulin substitute.
3. Cinnamon slows the emptying of your stomach to reduce sharp rises in blood sugar following meals, and improves the effectiveness, or sensitivity, of insulin.
4. Cinnamon actually enhances your antioxidant defenses. A study published in 2009 stated, "Polyphenols from cinnamon could be of special interest in people who are overweight with impaired fasting glucose since they might act as both insulin sensitizers and antioxidants." (5)
5. A bioflavonoid found in cinnamon called proanthocyanidin may alter the insulin-signaling activity in your fat cells.
Other health benefits of cinnamon include:
• Supporting digestive function
• Relieving congestion
• Relieving pain and stiffness of muscles and joints
• Reducing inflammation and symptoms of arthritis
• Helping to prevent urinary tract infections, tooth decay and gum disease
• Relieving menstrual discomfort

• Stimulating circulation with blood-thinning compounds

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Cinnamon has it going on eh? Gonna make it a staple in my regimen. Pre cycle and beyond. Thanks again.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
the best precycle things? thorough bloodwork and being under 15% bodyfat.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
the best precycle things? thorough bloodwork and being under 15% bodyfat.
Agreed, I need to know where I'm starting from & the lower the body fat the less estrogen in the body right? That will help with possible side effects.Thanks for sharing your insight, it's appreciated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well, its partially lower estrogen, and partially because it affects the ratio at which your gains are lean mass vs fat (as you'll almost always catch a little fat)

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
well, its partially lower estrogen, and partially because it affects the ratio at which your gains are lean mass vs fat (as you'll almost always catch a little fat)
Right of course, thx Easy!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
so past that, what makes sense for cycle prep partly depends on the results of the precycle blood test, and partly on what the cycle is. prep for a 5 week cycle of epistane is way different than a 14 week cycle of testosterone and deca.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
so past that, what makes sense for cycle prep partly depends on the results of the precycle blood test, and partly on what the cycle is. prep for a 5 week cycle of epistane is way different than a 14 week cycle of testosterone and deca.
Make sense. If I'm gonna do things smart do it from the start!