Big and Strong with 5/3/1 and M-sten rx

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Hello guys, I would like to thank all who helped and added advice and criticism in my other posts in regards to this cycle. Starting at 5:30 am today I took my first 10mg dose of Iron mag labs M sten rx. My beginning stats are as follows:
Ht 5'9
wt 197- was 210 4 weeks ago and became unsatisfied with my bf% so I've been restricting calories(note my diet was seefood if you know what i mean)

Current maxes with 5/3/1
Dead: 405x9
Squat: 385x8
Bench: 285x4

My goals for this cycle are to recomp and get stronger. I would very much like to continue to drop some more fat whilst adding some lean mass. I think a final bodyweight between 205-210 would be nice at a lower bf %. I would also like to see my total go up to over 1300. The last time I maxed for 1 rep I was at 495 dead, 415 squat, and 335 bench. This was all done in 2012 with the exception of the deadlift in january.

On cycle I will be running;
Msten rx, 4 andro rx , Ai cycle support, aegis, a multi, fish oil and some lclt

pct will consist of :
Tamoxifen Citrate, D aspartic acid, Ai Perform, E control rx(6 oxo), Ursol XT, and Cycle support
I will most likely add some Crea-Trona and Ana Beta.(These are the only two that I have not purchased yet)

I will update on monday as I do not expect to see much out of this for the first week or so; although ive read some logs and this stuff kicks in pretty quick. Regardless I wont expect much early and if by chance I do feel some sort of effect I will be pleasantly surprised and log it in here of course.

Thanks for reading and please follow along!!

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Inn

GR13

GR13

Awards
Also in. Interested in this stack and the results.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
One thing to note. I wanna say after my a.m. dose I had sort of a stimmy feeling. Idk if it is because I am anxious to begin or if it related to the m sten. Will keep an eye on this.

Thanks guys for following!

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I will try and have before pics uploaded by tommorrow

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I'm in this!

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Some before pics at 5am today no pump no flex no food ....baseline

IMG_20130315_210228_0-1.jpg

IMG_20130315_210336_0-1.jpg

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
As you can see theres a little fat I'd like to drop whilst on.

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
Its gonna be interesting how you appetite is gonna be affected. Some people lose theirs from what I read. I had a huge appetite while on but I was stacking trenazone also and that made me super carb hungry

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I too have read both, I don't mind the appetite increase ill just eat more proteins. I have a stupid amount of tilapia and chicken in my freezer. I also wouldn't mind the suppressed appetite- although I really don't think anything can kill mine; my appetite is ravenous no matter what the compound.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/17
Bench press deload 5/3/1
135x5,155x5,185x5

Paused Bench1 in from chest
135x6,185x6,225x6,245x6,265x2

DB rows
130x10x3

Rope pushdowns
90x10x3

Bw dips 20x3
Side laterals 20x10x3
Face pulls 90x10x3

Prowler pushed to finish off my sorry a$$ and that's a day....

Nothing to report in ways of the msten

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey that's cheating...copying from herderdude haha

jk

subbed

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Thanks for following man!

Herderdude is one sick and twisted individual it was snowing outside and about 28° he says "you know were pushing the prowler"
FML

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/18 off day

I'm noticing an elevated body temp I seem to be sweating more than usual, somethings working !

Other than that nothing new to report

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/19 final deload day skwats to box
135x5, 185x, 225x5

Pause squats 2count
225x15x3- 4th set got 10(at this point my lower back was locked up)

Dumbbell rdl"s
80x15x4

Leg ext 110x20x4
Leg curl 110x15x4

Calf press 260x20x5

Side bends 100x20x2
Weighed sit ups 45lbs x12x3

3 miles on expresso bike.

Felt good today, legs were pumped something fierce but not to the point I can attribute it to the msten.
Weight is at 202.

So far so good

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, 15 rep pause squats? Approximate TUT of a marathon runner.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Like I told you earlier I came in to get pump tarded, was my form tight?, most likely not. But I did it.anyways -was I a bit over zealous? Of course I was but you know me dude that's just how I am haha.

The latter portion of the squats were probably tucked and ugly. Almost like I was catching back in.my baseball days....bottom like is I went into the gym and got **** done haha

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/20. Ohp 5/3/1. 5 week

115x5. 135x5. 155x8

DB incline press
80x15x3
80x11- last set was fried

Chins bwx20 45lb plate x 10 25 lb plate x 10. Bwx15

Neutral grip lat pulldown
170x15x2. 130x15

Triceps pushdowns(rope) 100x15x3 80x20
Hammer curl. 40x10x3

In all a good Session, pump came quick and recovery between sets was good. I swear I flew through this lift. In the ways of the msten vascularity is fantastic, if I could drop a % or two in bf I will look like a roadmap.

No sides to report tommorrow is an off day time to rest and recoup for deadlifts!

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Quick update I have been experiencing back pumps yesterday and today. My Job requires me to be on my feet most of the day. Nothing crippling or severe but have decided to move deads to Saturday and start taking Taurine ,potassium and cranberry extract today as a precaution. I will be benching today instead. Will update later and note any changes.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/22
5/3/1 bench 5 week

205x5. 235x5 265x6. I had no spotter I was a bit wary of continuing I didn't want to decapitate myself.

Dumbbell bench press
90x20(absolutely smoked this set)
100x15
100x13
100x12. I was thouroughly impressed with my recovery between these sets. Definitely the highlight of my workout.

Hammer strength incline press
90lbs per side single arm press
4 sets of 10 slow negatives

Dumbbells rows
120x15
120x13
120x12
120x10-- my grip progressively became worse. I don't want to use straps though.

Triceps pushdown v-bar/triangle
140x20x4

Face pulls
80x15x3

Finished up with some weighted sit ups and cardio

Great intensity and aggression today. Weight was 206 today. I have been hoarding water. Still look dry but definitely beginning to notice a Fuller look.

Good things happening more to come!

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/23
Deadlifts.

295x5. 355x5 395x10

Leg press.
540x20x4

Hamstring curls
110x15x4

Hanging leg raises
Weighted sit ups
Ab wheel
2x20

Rotary calf
50x25x4

Good strong deadlift session, back was pretty tight towards the end..but that's to be expected
Noticing increased vascularity and aggression. My mood has been pretty elevated as of late despite me.being very confrontational. -please note that this is one of my more prominent attributes. I have always been willing to argue/bicker. This is most often a result of my honesty which is pretty harsh
There's no grey areas with me haha

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
So after much deliberation and convincing I have decided to switch training methods from 5/3/1 to the cube(*guess who facilitated that). Let it be said that 5/3/1 is extremely effective at building strength I have just opted for tthe program that I feel offers more specificity.

3/26 cube heavy squat day

365x2. 5sets

Pause squats 205x3 reps. 3 second hold 3 sets- I learned my lesson last week

Hamstring curls 110x15x4
Quadriceps ext 170x15x4

Ab wheel and knee raises
3x15 each

This training session was great, I was challenged by the squats and feel as if I have made a step in the right direction adding to my total. Legs feel strong and the msten is providing good aggression and pumps. It's day 11 and I cannot say much in the ways of "feeling on" but I do know that I come into the gym with a better Intensity and drive. Appetite is way up as well as libido and I am having a hard time keeping to the recompense goal. I may just feed the monster for the duration and make the most of what I have. My weight is between 204-207 morning/evening. I look Fuller and seem to feel what may be a stronger mind muscle connection.
Hopefully things continue and this stuff really kicks into gear ...no sides to report.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
woo more cubers. I think you, bolt, and I are the only ones. and you and I both have incorrectly titled threads lol

screw leg ext/curls btw

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Man I had no stabilizers left. That 365x2 was extremely challenging for me. What would you suggest I do in place of them.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hamstrings-good morning variations, stiff legged dl, Romanian dl, ghr (there's ways to do ghr's if you don't have the setup, I'll find it for you later on YouTube)

quads-Olympic stance squat, db/bb lunges, db step ups, front squats

pretty much anything in Lilly's book, grab it off herder if you haven't already

if you're wore out just stick with some light 10-20 rep sldl/rdl or ghrs and some lunge variation

your squats and deadlift will thank you

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I have the book. Just botched the remainder of the assistance.

Part of me still wants to hold on to the bb mentality because I trained that way for years. It worked for me but I was an athlete in.hs and college. I like the competition that powrlifting brings. I have more drive and will to get better rather that stare at a mirror for the duration of my workout.
The intensity and camaraderie is great and keeps me much more involved rather than going through the motions.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
3/27
Explosive bench 205x3x8

Cg bench 185x15x2. 185x10x2

DB military press
70x15x4

Upright row
95x10x3

Cambered bar curl
75x12x4

Had a DUMB pump

IMG_20130327_140009_0-1.jpg

Good day. Motivated, probably getting a newer vehicle next week. Life is good.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good ****, Brodenheim. How was your speed?

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I felt good, i would kill for a training partner however. This solitary stuff is nice and all but I need constructive criticism.

But really felt like Kong Kong. So much fun man

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Did deadlift Rep efforts,and body day....feel good. Pulled 355x8 and it flew..

Feel good, appetite is still strong as well as libido.

Loving this stuff, will update more after the holiday!
Happy Easter y'all!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah buddy. What'd you do for bodybuilding day?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I felt good, i would kill for a training partner however. This solitary stuff is nice and all but I need constructive criticism.

But really felt like Kong Kong. So much fun man
Feel you 100% on wanting a training partner. Been lifting alone for years not and although it certainly has its perks, I'd much rather have a dedicated knowledgable training partner.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Yeah man, it's always nice to have an outside perspective.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I'm back guys with my updates for dynamic squat/explosive and my Rep effort bench

4/1 dynamic squats
265x3x8

Good mornings
135x15x3

Leg press 500x15x4

Calf press 260x25x4

Ab wheel x3 standing 3x20 kneeling

4/2

Rep effort bench 245x8x1

Pullups bw x15x4
Dips with 100lb DB 3x8. Bw x15
Face pulls 75x15x4
Clambered bar curls 75x15x3

Workouts are going well, I feel good no sides to speak of other than occasional testicular discomfort. Got a new ride finally, pretty pumped. Weight is holding 205-207 but my body looks much different. Pretty awesome recomp.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I'm back guys with my updates for dynamic squat/explosive and my Rep effort bench

4/1 dynamic squats
265x3x8

Good mornings
135x15x3

Leg press 500x15x4

Calf press 260x25x4

Ab wheel x3 standing 3x20 kneeling

4/2

Rep effort bench 245x8x1

Pullups bw x15x4
Dips with 100lb DB 3x8. Bw x15
Face pulls 75x15x4
Clambered bar curls 75x15x3

Workouts are going well, I feel good no sides to speak of other than occasional testicular discomfort. Got a new ride finally, pretty pumped. Weight is holding 205-207 but my body looks much different. Pretty awesome recomp.
Awesome man, recomp is what I'm hoping for when I run MSten. Plan on stacking it with a mild dose of Epi.

Seems like you've gained around 8-9 lbs? Any idea how your calories have been?

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I've been at about 3200 on weekdays with a lot of meal replacement type bars and stuff
I work two jobs so I eat alot on the run
On weekends I am at about 4k or more because I have time to.cook.
This stuff has got my appetite quite elevated, some days I wanna cry BC I can't shove my face with carbs haha..

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I've been at about 3200 on weekdays with a lot of meal replacement type bars and stuff
I work two jobs so I eat alot on the run
On weekends I am at about 4k or more because I have time to.cook.
This stuff has got my appetite quite elevated, some days I wanna cry BC I can't shove my face with carbs haha..
Nice so pretty much eating at maintainence except on the weekends. Gaining 9 pounds on that sounds great. And you still got like 10 days right?

Also, what type of cardio have you been doing?

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Yep, only like 2 days a week. Either basketball or stationary bike
Bout 30-45 minutes per

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Refer to herderdudes log for today's update....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for progress. Just added 16mg e/d of Msten to my 1/4/19dhea run, so hoping to gain some quality weight like your and keep piling weight on the bar.

Great work up in here man.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Thanks man, definitely a quality compound. I feel great not much of anything in the way of side effects. I feel like its a very clean designer, I also think it has a bit androgenic effects

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Hey guys im back with another update and some news. Its been one heck of a weekend from a friday deadlift party to the pittsburgh monster bench press and deadlift meet. I got a chance to witness some great things and learn alot. One of the things I learned about was a strongman competition on may 11 about 25 miles from my house!! So er hem, drumroll please.....I am going to be participating in this one! Now I know it seems I have training ADD but i swear I do not. To look at it realistically my training for this event will not differ greatly from the cube,westside or 5/3/1.
Log press, farmers walks, atlas stones, tire flips, and car deadlifts. Its a whole lot of the same thing with alot more GPP. So in a nutshell I have set out to prepare myself as well as I can for this event. I will continue to post updates and will start pushing the prowler alot more in attempts to increase my overall work capacity so as not to fizzle out quickly on the 11th.

In summary of this past weekend I deadlifted on friday and managed a top set of 475x1 and i also did a fair amount of bench pressing and some board presses. I feel that at the moment all the finer minute details of my past training sessions are not of great importance. I know a few things; I am stronger than I was 3 weeks ago and I look "much" better than I had 3 weeks ago. Msten is the bees knees, I feel great and almost free of all side effects. Unless you count being jacked and tan a side effect.-Note that I am not tan at all.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I missed it but what are you dosing things at?

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I dosed it at 20 mg a day 4 weeks and pct is nolva 40/20/20/10