First cycle: Test only!! Thoughts?

Adamdh

Awards
This will be my first cycle. I have been lifting for 10 years now and I am 27 years old.
5'11" 185 lbs. 8.5% BF
Proposed cycle:
10 weeks (may bump to 12 when the time comes)
Weeks 1-10-- 500mg Test. Cyp./week(250mg twice a week)
Weeks 3-10-- 10mg Nolvadex EOD
Weeks 3-10-- 0.5mg Arimidex EOD
Weeks 5-10-- 500 I.U. HCG (250 I.U. twice a week)(? Question here: would it be better to go shorter length on the HCG and higher dosage for more of an HCG blast than simply cruising it through the latter half of the cycle?)
Weeks 10-11-- 40mg Nolvadex
Weeks 11-12-- 30mg Nolvadex
Weeks 12-13-- 20mg Nolvadex
Weeks 13-14-- 20mg Nolvadex

What do you guys think??

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This will be my first cycle. I have been lifting for 10 years now and I am 27 years old.
5'11" 185 lbs. 8.5% BF
Proposed cycle:
10 weeks (may bump to 12 when the time comes)
Weeks 1-10-- 500mg Test. Cyp./week(250mg twice a week)
Weeks 3-10-- 10mg Nolvadex EOD
Weeks 3-10-- 0.5mg Arimidex EOD
Weeks 5-10-- 500 I.U. HCG (250 I.U. twice a week)(? Question here: would it be better to go shorter length on the HCG and higher dosage for more of an HCG blast than simply cruising it through the latter half of the cycle?)
Weeks 10-11-- 40mg Nolvadex
Weeks 11-12-- 30mg Nolvadex
Weeks 12-13-- 20mg Nolvadex
Weeks 13-14-- 20mg Nolvadex

What do you guys think??
If your goals are to put on some lean mass without "blowing up," I'm a big fan of test-only cycles. Being as this is your fist cycle, 500mg weekly should yield great results. However, I would strongly suggest starting the Arimidex from week 1... and there's no need for the Nolvadex during the cycle. Save it for PCT. (Toremifene is even better, imo.)

I'm not experienced enough with HCG to recommend which protocol is best, but I had good results with 250 IUs twice weekly. Also, you might look into adding Proviron to your cycle, as it tends to help the test cyp to work even better and helps with vascularity/libido.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drop the Nolva and save it for pct. Adex will suffice and you don't want to over work your liver.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
It's best to have more frequent low doses of hcg it keeps your testicles sensitive to hcg (kind of how in the absence of estrogen your estrogen receptors become more sensitive to it... kind of) if you have a high amount of hcg in your body your testicles will become accustomed to that level and thus less responsive to natrual levels giving you diminished test production after pct.

The trade off is how many pins do you really want to use? 250*2 weekly is only 4 pins over 2 weeks plus 4 pins, this is generally an accepted protocol; if it were me I would consider 100-150/eod its more cautious and probably a little OCD but I'm assuming you wanted to hear an alternative take on thing as well. The down side of course is that with 100-150 eod that's 7 pins over 2 weeks plus 4 pins for test So how cautious do you want to be and how often do you really want to pin? 8 pins every 2 weeks or 11 pins every 2 weeks. Glutes quads and hams give you 6 sights to use some like tricepts and delts but in my mind that too near to the heart (i know I'm anal)