1st Hdrol Cycle Critique / Recomp Log

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I've been doing a lot of research for my first PH cycle. I'm just a few weeks away from starting so I thought I would start a kind of log and get a critique what my plan is. Thanks to ManBeast for answering all of my questions.

I've been lifting on and off for about 4.5 years and want to give a cycle a try. I've always been curious about them since my teen years. I've always lifted for strength gains in the past and never really minded the extra fat from eating like a monster and drinking like a fish, but I'd like to lean out now. I have never had luck with supps so a PH cycle is the next logical step. I already have everything on hand.

Diet: So the plan is a recomp for this cycle. I've been on a cut for the past month and have about 3 weeks left. My diet has been clean for the most part at around 2500 calories on workout days and 2100 calories on non-workout days. On cycle I am planning on eating maintenance3 on workout days and 300-500 under on no workout days.

Lifting: I'm a big fan of 5x5 but for the cycle I'm am going back and forth on doing a 3 day (Push, Pull, Legs) or a 4 day (Back/Bis, Chest, Legs/Abs, Shoulders/Tris). Recently I just switched from 5x5 to a 3day PPL routine and I really like it, but I think on cycle it may be wasted only running a 3 day. I'm open to suggestions on this. Let me know what you guys would do.

PH: I chose hdrol due to it being a mild PH for first timers. I bought two different hdrol clones; Helladrol and OneBodyNutrition Halo-Pro. I'm not sure which one I am going to run yet. Helladrol is proven and I haven't been able to find much info on the Halo-Pro but they seem like a legit company. Any suggestions on which to run first?? Either way I plan on using both doing 2 complete 6 week cycles this year.

Cycle:
Two week Hawthorn Berry load and Taurine as needed for back pumps
Hdrol - 50/75/75/75/75/75 - (6:00am, 5:00pm) *edited
Cycle Assist - 8/8/8/8/8/8 - (10:30am, 9:30pm) *edited
DAA - 0/0/0/0/0/3 - (6pm)

PCT:
Toerm - 90/60/60/30/0/0 - (9pm)
DAA - 3/3/3/3/3/3 - (6pm)
Erase - 0/0/3/3/3/3 - (6am, 9pm)

I think those times are about right from what I've read on when to take everything. It's a lot of info to filter through. I wasn't sure if I should split the Torem. Originally I was going to go with Nolva which I know you dose at night.

Anyway I think that's about it. Critique away please!!! Let me know what you guys think.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
you have a hdrol dose and cycle assist dose within an hour of each other, I wouldn't do that. Otherwise it looks solid!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
bro-science has anecdotedly shown decreased effectiveness of methylated compounds when consumed within 4 hours of liver support.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I had heard just not to take them together, but 4hrs apart is cool.

How about
Hdrol - (5:30am,1:30pm, 9:30pm)
Cycle Assist - (9:30am, 5:30pm)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
if that allows you enough sleep sir, sounds awesome!

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
bro-science has anecdotedly shown decreased effectiveness of methylated compounds when consumed within 4 hours of liver support.
it isn't even logical bro science.

if this were the case, you wouldn't see significantly elevated liver enzymes post cycle, much less on cycle.

although liver support definitely helps, it isn't effective enough to stop a methylated compound from doin work.

Not to mention almost every oral steroid is still being processed by the liver long after 4 hours have passed.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
what i heard was that while the repairing is going on, the liver is eve more effective at breaking down things, and manages to break down the methyls, again, i have nothing backing this, just bro-science and anecdotal accounts.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
That still gives me 7.5-8hrs of sleep every night. I have a 1yr old daughter so sleep is hard to come by anyway. I'm up for work at 5:15 and usually fall asleep closer to 10:30 or 11:00 most nights. I would hope to get 8+ hrs of sleep on cycle to really let my body do it's thing.

boxer78

Awards
That still gives me 7.5-8hrs of sleep every night. I have a 1yr old daughter so sleep is hard to come by anyway. I'm up for work at 5:15 and usually fall asleep closer to 10:30 or 11:00 most nights. I would hope to get 8+ hrs of sleep on cycle to really let my body do it's thing.
11-5 is only 6 hours bro. I get up at 5 to work out, but I go to bed at 9 to get my sleep in.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
naps/power naps should help. gotta do what ya gotta do though :)

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Power nap is definitely doable on my lunch break at work. On cycle I'll be getting 8+ hrs a night. The wife will just have to suck it up for a few weeks. She understands. Weekends I can really get some sleep in also. Sleep in a little late, nap when my daughters asleep. I'm already on that schedule lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
in for this...interested in hdrol for my first as well

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
You'll kill it bro! what kind of lifting are you going to be doing?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
OP, sorry. lol, if you have a thread ya need me to look at i will as well :D

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
OP, sorry. lol, if you have a thread ya need me to look at i will as well :D
lol...i'll hit you up when im ready for planning, not any time soon though...i always love hdrol logs..the before/afters are insane!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
cool beans.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I think I'm still going to focus on big compound lifts and still lift as heavy as possible. I think I'm going to do the 4 day split. It just seems to work better. Maybe stay heavy with the big compounds at 3x3 and then all others 3x12? Maybe go back to Madcow 5x5 during PCT to try and hold on to gains?

Back/Bis
Bent Over Rows
Lat Pull Downs / Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Barbell Curls
Deadlifts

Chest
Flat Bench
Inline DB Press
Chest Flys
Decline Pushups

Legs/Abs
Squats
Calf Raises
Stiff Legged Deadlift
Hanging Leg Raises
Weighted Sit-ups

Shoulders/Tris
Standing Press
Rear Delt Flyes
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pushdowns
Tricep Bench Dips
Forearm Roller

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I like it, have you considered SLDL for the hamstring curls instead?

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I was just thinking about that as a matter of fact. I am changing that now. I really like SLDL.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
nice, yeah, i love em too. I think i'm one of the few ham-dominant people I know though....

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
So re-edited lifting routine. All main lifts will have warm up sets 3x5. Main lifts will be heavy as possible at 3x3 except dead lifts at 1x3. All aux lifts will be 3x12. 3 weeks before I start cycle I'll find my 1 rep max and go from there for weights, and then take the week off before starting cycle.

Back/Bis
Bent Over Rows - 3x12
Lat Pull Downs / Pull Ups - 3x12 / 3xFailure
Chin Ups - 3xFailure
Barbell Curls - 3x12
Deadlifts - 1x3

Chest
Flat Bench - 3x3
Inline DB Press - 3x12
Chest Flys - 3x12
Decline Pushups - 3xFailure

Legs/Abs
Squats - 3x3
Calf Raises - 3x12
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3x12
Hanging Leg Raises - 3xFailure
Weighted Sit-ups - 3xFailure

Shoulders/Tris
Standing Press - 3x3
Rear Delt Flyes - 3x12
Lateral Raises - 3x12
Tricep Pushdowns - 3x12
Tricep Bench Dips - 3x12
Forearm Roller - 2xFailure

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, time to kick some (m)ass!

Yup619

Awards
I don't know if it really matters, but I saw the 3 times you're taking Hdrol. Why not just take 50mgs, CA, 25mgs, CA? Hdrol has a long half life so I always take my large dose in the morning, then again idk if it matters. Just curious

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Just did some reading thanks to your advice. I didn't realize it had that kind of half life. In that case I will dose like this

Hdrol - (6:00am, 5:00pm) 2nd dose right before my workout
Cycle Assist - 8/8/8/8/8/8 - (10:30am, 9:30pm)

How does that look. Both twice a day with 4.5hrs between

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
looks solid as well.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I'm really going back and forth on running the helladrol or the halo-pro. Since it is my first cycle I'm thinking run hella first that way I know what to expect.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
IMHO best to go with something that has been proven before running something that might or might not work, your logic makes sense.

GreenMailer

GreenMailer

Awards
Im running cel HDROL right now.

50/75/75/75/75/75
i preloaded with Life support and i am running OT, fish oil, super cissus, liv.52 and taurine. Up 6 LBS in 2 weeks and down 1.5% BF on 3,500 calories @ 40/40/20.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
So I've been reading a lot about 5/3/1 program. I wonder if I would do better with the 4 day split I listed above, or just keep it simple and run the 5/3/1 4 day split.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
5/3/1 is aimed at strength, which is something most of us can gain just as easy while not "on" (as it is strongly based in recruiting more fibers, not growing them), I honestly prefer to stay in the hypertrophy range when on anything these days, except possibly during a pure cut.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Gotcha, I'll stick with my planned 4 day split then. I will give the 5/3/1 a shot after cycle. I was going to go back to 5x5 but 5/3/1 looks like fun.

warren123

Awards
Best of luck OP, I'm starting my recomp in a week or so. Unless I missed it, what's your height/weight? Curious since as I mentioned I'll be recomping as well. I'll be following the log.

G.O.A.T59

Awards
Helladrol-75-75-75-75-100-100
n2 guard
Taurine-on hand for back pumps
Forma stanzol-5 pumps morning five pumps night strting third week and with pct
Fish oil
Pro7 weight gainer
Why isolate protien
IBCAAS
PCT
Forma stanzol- five pumps morning five pumps night
Ostran
N 2 slin
Creatine mono
Torem- 90/60/30/30
Pre workout –nsane from nutrishop
Erase- whats best for this
Sns DAA
What do you guys think of my set up any advice would be great am I missing anything is the Erease over kill let me know thanks
not trying to hijack a thread just dont know how to make my own

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Stats are
height: 6ft
weight: ~238

I'm start loading HB on 26th and cycle starts the 9th (had to push back one week due to some of my supps not showing up yet). I'm hoping by the 9th I'm at 230 or under. I had been planning to cut from Jan-March to get down to 220lbs but it just didn't happen. Daughters b-day cake, beer, a few date nights.

I quit drinking as of last Saturday so that should help get some weight down. 16 weeks without beer will be interesting. I haven't been more than a week or two without drinking since I was 12 lol. (not that that's a good thing probably) I'm a home brewer so I made sure to finish off everything I had left, drained and cleaned the kegs, and stored everything in the attic. I am looking forward to busting it all out again though, for my one cheat day a week!! after pct :friday:

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Thanks, you should start a log yourself. It's a good way to track things and learn.

G.O.A.T59

Awards
honestly i want to bro i start my cycle in about 2 weeks but i dont know how to start my log

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
So a change in plans. All the rest of my sups will be here Friday so I'm going to start loading HB on Monday (19th) and get this show on the road.

Also I was looking at the two different clones I have and noticed some differences in ingredients. Still assuming they are the same, just little differences.

Helladrol - 4-Chloro-17a-Methyl-Androsta-1,4-diene-3,17diol
Halo Pro - 4-cloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4diene-3-17b-diol

Chefbolic

Chefbolic

Awards
Everything looks solid :)
Both are halodrol clones. Can't go wrong with Helladrol though, Mr.Supps has quite the fantastic reputation.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Cool, just thought id post them and see. I should have enough for two full cycles so we'll see where that gets me.

Then I'm thinking a epi cut cycle maybe??? Getting a little ahead of myself but future planning never hurt anyone.

Chefbolic

Chefbolic

Awards
Cool, just thought id post them and see. I should have enough for two full cycles so we'll see where that gets me.

Then I'm thinking a epi cut cycle maybe??? Getting a little ahead of myself but future planning never hurt anyone.
Halo is fantastic for a cut too. Just make sure you take enough time off between the two. And don't stack them...multiple methyls=sad liver. Personally I would run halo and something non methyl like prostanazol if you're looking to go oral only.

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Yeah I won't stack two methyls. I just can't decide between running halo or epi for cut. I have the halo on hand so I'll probably just run that. Then maybe next year run a Hella/Katana stack bumping Hella to 100 to use up my extras if I feel I can do it.

Recomp Cycle 1 - Helladrol (starts 4/2)
Cut Cycle 2 - Halo (start 14 weeks after cycle 1 PCT)

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Quick question. Originally I was going to load hawthorn berry and cycle assist for 2 weeks, but was told the hawthorn berry was enough and to save the cycle assist.

Should I just keep the left over cycle assist going through PCT?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
if you aren't using cycle assist while on, are you still covering your liver/prostate separately?

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
No I'll be using the cycle assist while on cycle for the 6 weeks, I'll just have some left over so trying to decide if I should use the left overs during two week preload before my cycle starts or just extend it into pct

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
i like running at least liver support during pct, and for the most part hawthorne is the only one of those supps that truly needs a good preloading. So I'd run it during pct probably.

GreenMailer

GreenMailer

Awards
Helladrol-75-75-75-75-100-100
n2 guard
Taurine-on hand for back pumps
Forma stanzol-5 pumps morning five pumps night strting third week and with pct
Fish oil
Pro7 weight gainer
Why isolate protien
IBCAAS
PCT
Forma stanzol- five pumps morning five pumps night
Ostran
N 2 slin
Creatine mono
Torem- 90/60/30/30
Pre workout –nsane from nutrishop
Erase- whats best for this
Sns DAA
What do you guys think of my set up any advice would be great am I missing anything is the Erease over kill let me know thanks
not trying to hijack a thread just dont know how to make my own
i just bumped my dose to 100 last saturday. i am in week 4 and planning on 7 weeks now or running 125 during week 6 - we shall see.

i never looked at n2 gaurd before - just did - its like the Curry of support supps, no? i didnt understand what the statement meant about the "liver protecting property of NAC" -> cause it doesn tlist NAC as an ingredient.... anyway. you look pretty solid. couple of observations:

n2 guard - i am little "ify" on.
n2 gaud contains some taurine already - just fyi.
continue n2 guard throughout all of PCT
i wouldnt use erase on a HDROL cycle

did you ever consider adding another liver support?

i will be dosing torem for my pct at 90/60/60/30

and lastly - diet and patience! what is your food plan and goal for the cycle?
HDROL is slow starter..... give it some time to work....