Cutting and strength for athletes

ballout31

Awards
Im looking for a good cutting cycle to help out with my workouts. I eat well 2500 cal based diet (egg whites wheat bread peanuts etc.). I workout daily and stick to a very good balanced routine. I do play rec. baseball do I'm not looking to bulk up just get a little more cut and lean. I am 6'1 215 but with a solid build not chunky. Any suggestions on a good take/stack to help out???

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Age, weight, height, lifting experiece.

ballout31

Awards
20 6'1 220 always an athlete lift bulk cycles for football and knew how to cut down for basketball and baseball. Run alot drink plenty of fluids and know how to properly eat. Just trying to cut bak down but keep my bulk strength. I tend to drop strength when I cut down naturally

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
too young for hormones....

adnscmplx

Awards
Just start lifting meticulously. Concentrate on strength and muscle and leanness will come (assuming a sensible diet). You sound like you know what the inside of a weight room looks like but appreciate the difference between being vaguely athletic, wanting to be lean and having a specific goal of squatting x hundred lbs with a written out plan to achieve that goal.

I don't know how much you know about lifting but the book starting strength has helped a lot of people who are beginning to lift seriously. This isn't a sexy as saying take x supplement, pro-horomone, etc but I bet you would be surprised at the progress you can make just by optimizing your training and nutrition without any of that stuff.