Started first cycle today

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Well i just did my first injection of my first cycle. Ground breaking moment here! Took me a few minutes to actually get up the guts to plung the pin in :blink: I know i'm a bit of a wuss but hey....all done now.

Here's how the cycle will go:

12 weeks:

1-12 test cyp 250 mg twice a week
1-4 D-bol 30 mg ED

Of course this will be followed up with the usual PCT and nolva is always on hand just in case. Wish me luck guys. Oh and here are my stats. I just came of a bit of a layoff so everything is down a bit;

BW = 174 lbs
Fat % = 12 (tested two days ago)
Height = 5'9"

Here we go!!!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear. You the drill... eat well, eat often, train hard, stay focused, rest :thumbsup:
Btw, we all felt timid to stick our first needle. Doesnt make you a puss..... just makes your normal. :)
Keep us updated.
Sage

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks sage. The injection site is pretty sore today but that was to be expected. I'll hopefully keep things updated fairly often so people can get an idea for how things will go. I'll post my routine and diet in and upcoming post as well.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a good first cycle, good luck and keep us informed brother.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
hows your Diet going to Look?
well I don't really have time to lay it all down but here's the basic break down:

3500 kcal per day

35% protein
20% fat
45% carbs

SOooo roughly 300 grams of protien a day. Admittedly a huge amount of that will come from supplements.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Well today marks the time for my second injection of test cyp. The quad that i shot in thursday is still pretty damned sore.....I'm guessing the BA in the gear caused that. The soreness is not that bad just a bit irritating cause i didn't think it would last this long. Beginning D-bol tomorrow.

Talk about a bitch though....on friday I got a cold....what a way to start off!

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Okay....second injection yesterday in left quad, smooth as silk no problems. For those who haven't pinned yet and are nervous I'll let you guys know in advance that once you get past the first one it's easy after that. Can't say I feel much happening yet although for some reason I do feel stronger and my muscles seem to look more full. Probably all in my head.

Began d-bol today so I"m guessing I feel that coming on in the next couple of days.

I'm planning on doing my next injection into the ventral gluteal area as it is much easier for me to do myself than a simple shot in the glutes is. Anyone experienced with this that could offer any pointers?

size

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with you cycle.

A few pointers:
1. Inject with 25g needles. It may take a little longer but it is worth it.
2. Learn to inject in glutes and delts. I find delts to be the easiest.
3. Train smart, eat smart, and sleep whenever you get a chance.
4. Enjoy it and keep your goals consistent during the cycle.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the pointers and the encouragement guys. I can see injecting into my left delt and right glute to be very easy (i'm right handed) but I can't imagine trying to navigate the pin with my left hand although I guess eventually I'll have to try. I chose the ventral area because I can do both sides with my right hand but I'll probably go with a glute shot and see how it goes.

For those who may be wondering I'm doing a DC style split. Three training days per week with a upper/lower split. I do one rest-pause set per bodypart at each session and then the extreme stretching.....that **** hurts!!!! It's a routine that I know works for me while off cycle so I figure I'll stick with it and adjust it as I go as necessary.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Worked chest/back/shoulders last night.....awesome workout!! The pump was unreal and almost instantaneous. HEre's the basics

Remember all "sets" are actually only about 30seconds rest-pause apart (15 deep breaths)

Bent over rows 165 x 12, 8, 5
Overhead presses 115 x 11, 8, 5
Wide grip chins Bwt. x 14, 9, 8
Bench 195 x 8, 5, 4
Shrugs 200 x 12 to failure

The last rep of the last set in each exercise is held as a static in the midpoint for as long as possible just to finish the exercise. Thanks for following along! :D

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Ok, last night marked the third injection in the cycle. I injected into the left venrtogluteal area. Turned out to be a great area for injection. Totally painless and very little blood during or after injection. I honestly don't feel a whole lot working yet but my workouts are going spectacular. No water bloat or anything yet and none of the "feel good" feelings that some say accompanies Dbol use. We'll see as time goes on.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
It's been a pretty eventful week as far as my cycle goes. First off I had some symptoms of gyno onset and have had to start Nolva. Currently running at 40mgs daily untill symptoms have subsided for a couple of days.

BP increased to 144/90 so I'll have to start some cardio to see if i can keep that in check and perhaps start some hawthorn herbals to reduce it a little.

And then the finisher for the weeks excitment I struck a nerve while doing my injection....hurt like hell but I just pulled out and went for a second try. Second try was smooth as usual.

keith1569

Awards
for high bp make sure u keep ur sodium low and also drink lots of water..that can help..btw enjoyin ur cycle

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
No water bloat or anything yet and none of the "feel good" feelings that some say accompanies Dbol use. We'll see as time goes on.
From what I remember of my 1 test/4 ad cycles, the two might cancel each other out and leave you feeling relatively normal.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Hope everyone is enjoying the postings. Over the rest of the week I'll try to post more of my workouts so people can get an idea of what I'm doing. I'll also weigh in at the end of the week and let people know what progress I"m making.

:drunk:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good bro give us an update. It looks like solid first cycle and that dbol should be kicking in around now to add some weight.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
The dbol is definately kicking in. My muscles look much more full and the pumps are amazing. I can definately see how that makes you feel good. I just feel....ummm....."powerful". :D

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Gyno has for the most part cleared up (nipples no longer sore or itchy).

Upped water intake today got the gallon into me and it seems to have reduced my BP. I haven't checked it but yesterday I could actually "feel" it. Tonight I'll be working chest/back/shoulders. I'll let everyone know how it went and what i did.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Okay gyno is totally gone and I'm dropping the nolva back to 10mgs per day. I still haven't done my weigh in but using the mirror as a judge I'm definately more full and larger.

My skin is becoming increasingly oily to the point where an hour after washing my face it's visibly oily again but so far I'm keeping it under control with no acne outbreaks yet.

As for training the pumps have been amazing! And my poundages continue to increase rapidly. My squat is now up from 210 x 20 to 225 x 28 reps in the past week alone. Still have a ways to go to get back to my pre-surgery levels but by the time the test kicks in I should be up to par again.

Warning to all who have not done their first cycle....be prepared to EAT!!!! It's very easy to take gear and do your workouts but eating and drinking enough takes alot of dedication and time. That'll be your true test, trust me on that. Till next time......

Keep life HEAVY!

size

Awards
  • Established
I would continue using the nolva for the remainder of the cycle. Or you could switch to using letro or arimidex

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Size personally I would switch the Adex but any of them would do. Sounds like the cycle is going well keep up the good work and eat, eat, eat, clean food that is

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see if I can get some letro perhaps. What about Proviron? Just a thought that occured to me and the stuff is cheap.

size

Awards
  • Established
Proviron is great. If you can get it, I would use it.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks size. I'll probably order some and give it a shot. It'll take a couple of weeks to get here so I'll stick to nolva in the meantime. Thanks again.

Incidentally to those who are following along. The water retaining effects of the dbol have hit big time. My quads don't fit into my jeans anymore lol. Muscles in my quads, lower back, and forearms feel tight all day long, almost pumped. It's a great feeling!

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Ok not a lot to report in terms of the cycle. My personal life took a real turn for **** so my diet/training have been hell this week. I'm trying to pay up for the difference in appetite by upping my intake of protein powder, efa's and the like. Hopefully the emotional turmoil will be over this weekend and I'll be able to get myself back on track. Wish me luck guys!

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Okay things have been going great. Hit a vein on my last injection....curious sensation, knew I hit something just didn't realize what until I removed the needle.....squirt! :blink:

Bodyweight has began to climb and weights in the gym are out of this world. I put on more weight on most exercises and still get more reps than i did last time. Awesome!!

Bodyweight is now up to 184 pounds.....that's a ten pound increase so far.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Just as a side note I've been using squats as my reference exercise all along so here's today's numbers:

Squat previous weight 225 x 28 (rest-paused)
today 265 x 20 (rest-paused)

size

Awards
  • Established
Okay things have been going great. Hit a vein on my last injection....curious sensation, knew I hit something just didn't realize what until I removed the needle.....squirt! :blink:

Bodyweight has began to climb and weights in the gym are out of this world. I put on more weight on most exercises and still get more reps than i did last time. Awesome!!

Bodyweight is now up to 184 pounds.....that's a ten pound increase so far.

Good gains thus far.

Hitting a vein is odd. I can feel it but can't explain it.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I have to admit that I went into this with the "lets just see" attitude but it has been awesome. After the first couple of weeks you look, feel and actually act different than before. Confidence soars.......I think I'm loving it too much. :think:

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Good gains thus far.

Hitting a vein is odd. I can feel it but can't explain it.
Exactly. I knew I hit something more solid than just the muscle but it didn't really hurt so I aspirated and then injected. When you remove the pin you find out what you actually hit when the blood squirts out behind the needle. lol

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Things have been going pretty well. Up another 2 pounds bodyweight. It's funny how people look and react differently to me now. I have been getting many compliments about my increased muscularity from ladies where i work. :D

Eating is my biggest obsticle every day.....i just don't have a huge appetite so I force myself for every gram of protein. Oh well, I'm managing. Saturday is squat day again.....I'll give an update on poundage increase then.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Okay, last nights inject was horrible. Hurt like a bitch and ached for about 2 hours after the shot! It was a delt shot so I suppose I may have hit something. In any event it's fine today so no harm done.

Today was squat day again but did things a little differently. I opened up with 305 x 6 and then did 265 for 23 reps. I got fewer reps obviously because of the heavy work that was done before hand.

My diet has been admittedly crappy lately as I"ve been in meetings most of the last couple of days making it nearly impossible to keep up with the meal schedule. Next week things get back to "normal".

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I decided to up the testosterone to 750mgs per week. I know everyone will recommend against it but I haven't had any negative sides and was curious to see what difference it would make. We'll see.

Now up to 188 pounds bodyweight, that's a 14 pound gain so far....and the cycles not over!!! :D Now the true test will be post cycle to see how much I can actually hold on to. My PCT will consist of 3g of trib a day, Nolva, and I'm thinking of adding some phosphatidylserine in there to blunt cortisol a little. I couldn't manage to get any HCG so I decided I had better get some trib in the hopes that it will help kick the boys back into function.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
190 pounds!! The gains are coming on strong again. Later this week I'll post how my training has changed so people can get an idea of how it was adjusted along the way.

Mazderati

Awards
190 pounds!! The gains are coming on strong again. Later this week I'll post how my training has changed so people can get an idea of how it was adjusted along the way.
Nice thread. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Do you plan to step the dosage down the closer you get to coming off cycle or do you plan to come off "cold turkey?"

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning on going off cold turkey. My reasoning is that because i'm using long acting test cyp it is going to take a few weeks for the blood levels to come down.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am glad to see some feedback using the DC training techniques. You mentioned that this protocol has been effective for you on and off cycle. Given that you are pretty much running a bread and butter AAS cycle, how much have the AAS increased your rate of strength progression? On a weekly basis, I can hit roughly a 10lb PR each week on squats and other heavy lifts consistently on M1T. Some lifts even more. Just wondering how much of an increase you have experienced in comparison compared to normal DC style work.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I'm usually your typical "hardgainer". off cycle i can usually add 5 pounds a week to my core lifts when i'm making decent progress. Given that I'm also a long time lifter (about 9 years total off and on) this is great progress for me. On cycle i've been using 10 pound increments and usually getting extra reps as well. So the rate is a little more than double, on average.

uridium245

Awards
Great progress so far bro. I have the same problem as you when it comes to eating. I think we all have trouble stuffing down 3500 to 4000 cals a day, day in day out, week after long grueling week. :blink: If I ever step over to the dark side I'd like to try a similar cycle but with 400 mg EQ cause it's supposed to make ya wanna eat like horse (no pun intended).

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
i've heard and read the same thing about EQ and I personally think it's the best steroid available as far as risk to benefit is concerned. On the other hand I can honestly say that once the test kicked in appetite was not an issue any more. I'm always hungry, just have to control what i eat and not pig out on everything in sight.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Had a bit of a problem. Rubber from the top of my vial fell into my solution contaminating it. Therefore I missed an inject last week waiting for a new vial to arrive.

I also have had a surge of side-effects. My back has an enormous breakout of small pimples all over. On the other side of the coin i've stopped taking nolva and haven't had any return gyno. It seems that d-bol causes gyno for me but test doesn't seem to aggrivate it....weird.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
hah, i hate hitting nerves in my quads. i can see most of them branching off the femoral artery, but everynow and than i'll hit one that's deeper. it kind of feels like your pushing into a different material, very strange but i'm use to it now. the acne can be avoided with a medicated facewash. my favorite is clean and clear medicated. also, hit up the tanning bed 2x week and don't be afraid to get a little red. it always clears up my acne.