Doxycycline while on cycle (liver health inquiry)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently taking doxycycline (100mg 2xday) for over 4 weeks already for acne.
I've also been taking Dermacrine (3 weeks), P-stanz (2 weeks) and Havoc (2 weeks low dosed).
I've read up on the whole protein synthesis effecting only bacteria, but nothing is turning up in regards to the tetracycline family's effect on the liver. Is there any extra strain on the liver I should be concerned with?
For liver support I'm taking Sam-e and ursodiol.

Any info is greatly apprecaited:D

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Nice. Thank you. Seemed slightly inconclusive but some potential for concern. I will probably discontinue. Hurts the stomach anyways...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in and out of malaria endemic regions all the time, take doxy and issue to my guys (medic). I would not take it on cycle.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm in and out of malaria endemic regions all the time, take doxy and issue to my guys (medic). I would not take it on cycle.
You must have the clearest skin;)

Yeah this stuff is no joke. Seems absurd to take for acne, when I thought I read you can treat anthrax with this?? Not easy on the stomach either. Thank God my insurance covers most of it because I'm tossing the current bottle. I have 2 freakin refills ...the hell. Cycle or no this can't be great for taking months on end. Shame too cuz I know the acne is coming once pct starts.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You must have the clearest skin;)

Yeah this stuff is no joke. Seems absurd to take for acne, when I thought I read you can treat anthrax with this?? Not easy on the stomach either. Thank God my insurance covers most of it because I'm tossing the current bottle. I have 2 freakin refills ...the hell. Cycle or no this can't be great for taking months on end. Shame too cuz I know the acne is coming once pct starts.
Too be honest. I dont always take it like I should. Makes my stomach upset and makes u photosensitive. Getting sun burned in the field or on deployment sucks donkey nuts. Don't remember it treating anthrax. Not saying it can't be used. Usually it's cipro. Though doxy plus a gram of rocephin we use to treat some Venereal diseases.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Too be honest. I dont always take it like I should. Makes my stomach upset and makes u photosensitive. Getting sun burned in the field or on deployment sucks donkey nuts. Don't remember it treating anthrax. Not saying it can't be used. Usually it's cipro. Though doxy plus a gram of rocephin we use to treat some Venereal diseases.

Yet another reason (photosensitivity). I'm fairly certain the dermacrine has some slight effect in that area too as it is. The anthrax may have been something else, but I've heard the venereal disease bit...maybe syphilis? But the stomach pains are still lingering....could be the can of tuna not helping. Who would have thought mercury would be so bothersome.
Well watch those sun burns and be safe out there in general bro.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just saw you reside in LA. Where abouts? I've lived all over socal

JD Intl

JD Intl

Awards
Yet another reason (photosensitivity). I'm fairly certain the dermacrine has some slight effect in that area too as it is. The anthrax may have been something else, but I've heard the venereal disease bit...maybe syphilis? But the stomach pains are still lingering....could be the can of tuna not helping. Who would have thought mercury would be so bothersome.
Well watch those sun burns and be safe out there in general bro.
Try some B5 that should help some with the acne.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Just saw you reside in LA. Where abouts? I've lived all over socal
The 8 years I've been here I spent half near Hollywood (fairfax district) and half in the hot ass valley. I'm in Tarzana now. What part of LA were you in? Are you from Cali?

Try some B5 that should help some with the acne.
I'm gonna give that a shot actually. I use the neutrogena bar facial soap which helped last time, but kinda dries me out.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Mrs. is from Temple City (think Santa Anita race track), and I grew up in Fullerton mostly, but lived all over. Was stationed in SD for 4 years also. When my time in DC is up I'm gonna try and get back to the west coast. I'm over the east.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
The Mrs. is from Temple City (think Santa Anita race track), and I grew up in Fullerton mostly, but lived all over. Was stationed in SD for 4 years also. When my time in DC is up I'm gonna try and get back to the west coast. I'm over the east.
Me too man....i'm tired of this heat and the f%^*ing humidity

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
SD is amazing. I went to sdsu back in 99, I've wanted to go back ever since I left. What base were you at? Its like night and day compared to LA. People, scenery, chicks (edit: excluding temple city of course) , beaches, and atmosphere are so much better . Even the weather haha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SD is amazing. I went to sdsu back in 99, I've wanted to go back ever since I left. What base were you at? Its like night and day compared to LA. People, scenery, chicks (edit: excluding temple city of course) , beaches, and atmosphere are so much better . Even the weather haha
Oh for sure. I loved SD. By far my favorite city I was at the naval hospital and the marine recruit depot

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently taking doxycycline (100mg 2xday) for over 4 weeks already for acne.
I've also been taking Dermacrine (3 weeks), P-stanz (2 weeks) and Havoc (2 weeks low dosed).
I've read up on the whole protein synthesis effecting only bacteria, but nothing is turning up in regards to the tetracycline family's effect on the liver. Is there any extra strain on the liver I should be concerned with?
For liver support I'm taking Sam-e and ursodiol.

Any info is greatly apprecaited:D
tertracycline would effect kidney more then doxy especially for expired product.

doxy is OK on cycle, no worries there, however dose is pretty high i would have just ran 100mg everyday (which im on now and will continue to stay on until end of summer).

liver effect is fairly mild. actually had liver ultrasound while on it and anadrol all was well. enzymes probably high however no inflamation

but 200mg is a lot per day , depending on how bad acne is.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
tertracycline would effect kidney more then doxy especially for expired product.

doxy is OK on cycle, no worries there, however dose is pretty high i would have just ran 100mg everyday (which im on now and will continue to stay on until end of summer).

liver effect is fairly mild. actually had liver ultrasound while on it and anadrol all was well. enzymes probably high however no inflamation

but 200mg is a lot per day , depending on how bad acne is.
After reading the dosage people are taking it seems like she put me on double the normal dose (like you mentioned). I do get blemishes, but nothing to warrant the 200mg. Damn nurse's assistant...maybe she thought I had syphilis too. I'm not familiar with anadrol, is that liver toxic to some degree?
I might pick it (doxy) back up once PCT is finished. My yearly physical comes right at the last week of PCT so I can see if my liver is up for the doxy after the punishment I've put it through. Although f***in stomach was not happy when I was taking it .....we'll see

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Harry Seaward Anabolics 0
Jayhawkk General Chat 32
lifted Anabolics 12
Anabolics 13
Anabolics 2